Intruder theories only - RDI theories not allowed! *READ FIRST POST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Newbie here. :))

Another possibility is that this theoretical intruder hid in JAR's room. From there, he likely could have heard John and Patsy get into bed.

(Newbie here. :))

Another possibility is that this theoretical intruder hid in JAR's room. From there, he likely could have heard John and Patsy get into bed.

How would he know which room would not be checked or looked into by the R's. They stated they store things in JAR's room. Having just returned from a Christmas event with new items, who's to say they wouldn't store things in that very room?

That's even riskier than the basement.

How would he know which room would not be checked or looked into by the R's. They stated they store things in JAR's room. Having just returned from a Christmas event with new items, who's to say they wouldn't store things in that very room?

That's even riskier than the basement.

Even more curious, how does the intruder know that JAR wouldn't be home as well? Why would he risk hiding in the room of a 19 year old teen who may have the physique of grown man?

No. At least, I don’t recall them saying any such thing.

If the killer entered while they were out, and planned to hide until everyone had retired for the night than he probably would have been careful so as to not disturb anything that the Ramseys might notice before going to bed. And, there would have been nothing for them to notice if her entered after they went to bed.

AK

So you think the killer had experience at covering his tracks after a break-in?

We've all heard how JR stated all doors were locked when he went to bed, but are there any statements regarding locked/unlocked doors before the family arrived home? What if they left a door or window unlocked earlier in the day?

So you think the killer had experience at covering his tracks after a break-in?

I don’t think it’s a matter of having “experience at covering his tracks after a break-in.” I think it’s a matter of not creating tracks to begin with.

AK

We've all heard how JR stated all doors were locked when he went to bed, but are there any statements regarding locked/unlocked doors before the family arrived home? What if they left a door or window unlocked earlier in the day?

It was reported that a window was open enough to allow a cord to pass through for power to exterior Christmas lights.

Mr. Ramsey may have been somewhat uncertain. The statement you've attributed to him ("all doors were locked when he went to bed.") reflects a measure of confidence/certainty, but the language used in the 12.26.96 SW affidavit does not. The first LEOs on the scene, French and Veitch, reported "the Ramsey's believed that the house was locked when they went to bed." Were the Ramseys 'sure' the house was secure? Doesn't sound like it to me...

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/1997/09/30-4.html

It was reported that a window was open enough to allow a cord to pass through for power to exterior Christmas lights.
"In fact, law-enforcement officials told Newsweek that the police knew several windows and a door had been unlocked that night."
(Glick et. al., 1998)

http://danielglick.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/NWDoorneveropened.pdf

I don’t think it’s a matter of having “experience at covering his tracks after a break-in.” I think it’s a matter of not creating tracks to begin with.

AK

The best way to not leave tracks is to spend as little time in the house in the first place. The killer only needs to enter the house when he is ready to strike. There is no reason to enter the house other than to satisfy the IDI theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post

Mr. Ramsey may have been somewhat uncertain. The statement you've attributed to him ("all doors were locked when he went to bed.") reflects a measure of confidence/certainty, but the language used in the 12.26.96 SW affidavit does not. The first LEOs on the scene, French and Veitch, reported "the Ramsey's believed that the house was locked when they went to bed." Were the Ramseys 'sure' the house was secure? Doesn't sound like it to me...

Most families have a routine when they are going to bed. Making sure the children are tucked. Making sure the doors are locked, Making sure the basement door is closed.

John Ramsey either had a routine and adhered to it or he had no routine in the first place in regards to the security of his home.

1. He doesn't need to wait if he knows the Ramseys are out at that party. He knows exactly when they are back. Remember, he needs to strike when the Ramsey's are asleep. Hell if he wants to he can stake out the party instead of the Ramsey house. That would actually make more sense, IMHO. Or he could actually BE at the party. Would give him all the opportunity to know exactly when the Ramseys arrive.

2. The only reason he needs to fear being noticed watching the house is if he lives in the neighborhood or is known by the Ramseys.

3. If the killer had a family that he needed to account for, he still has to explain why he is not in bed from 11:00pm to 4:00 am. You also have to calculate that there need to be prep time before and after the crime. Especially if kidnapping was the motive.

3. You know, it occurs to me...where would you need to be to stake out the Ramsey house? Presumably you would need to be facing a direction where their bedroom light can be visible.
The alleyway?...
image.jpg
image.jpg

The best way to not leave tracks is to spend as little time in the house in the first place. The killer only needs to enter the house when he is ready to strike. There is no reason to enter the house other than to satisfy the IDI theory.

Yes, I agree, “The best way to not leave tracks is to spend as little time in the house in the first place.” This is pretty much what I’ve been proposing. Thanks.
AK

Yes, I agree, “The best way to not leave tracks is to spend as little time in the house in the first place.” This is pretty much what I’ve been proposing. Thanks.
AK

Anti K,

What does Small Business Technology Coalition mean to you in regards to this case?
(DON'T GO TO THE WEBSITE!!!. It may have security issues.)

Small Business Technology Coalition

Yes, I know that SBTC could be an acronym for Small Business Technology Coalition. That’s old news, to me. It still means nothing, to me.

AK

Yes, I know that SBTC could be an acronym for Small Business Technology Coalition. That’s old news, to me. It still means nothing, to me.

AK

It doesn't bring a particular IDI theory to your attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miket377