Investigators Looking for Doorbell That Chimes Like a Grandfather Clock

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may sound stupid, but why are they looking for a DOORBELL that sounds like a grandfather clock? How do they know it was a doorbell and not a clock unless you were there? Does that make sense?

also just speculation......
Perhaps someone who got a call from Misty during the evening of the disappearance heard a doorbell sound like that in the background and knows that it was NOT at the trailer home

Very possible.

This may sound stupid, but why are they looking for a DOORBELL that sounds like a grandfather clock? How do they know it was a doorbell and not a clock unless you were there? Does that make sense?

Maybe someone has reported that Haleigh said Misty used to take her to a man's house and that he had a neat doorbell that sounded like a clock?

Something like that??

My Aunt had a two-story house that had a beautiful 'chime' doorbell....
the chimes actually hung in an insert in the entryway.......

usually when a clock goes thru the complete 'chime' cycle it will also 'chime' the hours.

Would the parents know if Haleigh was ever around a grandfather clock and knew what it sounded like or her brother? Maybe someone in the family has one and they thought it sounded like that clock? Or someone was on the phone; heard the bell, and then heard someone say "I'll get it or come in" you would know it was a door bell from the reply.

Hello Raeann,

Could you please edit your post ? I don't think we're supposed to use whole names for innocent bystanders or witnesses.

TYIA

Sorry...as I understand the rules it is OK as the name is in the first post of this thread and also in the linked article from the press. This person voluntarily gave an interview to the press and allowed their name to be used in that article. I will change it to initials, though, as anyone with questions about who it is can easily just look at the first post here.

I like that LE is following up on every lead, but I don't think that neighbor should have told the media what it was they were looking for.

There are some doorbells that allow you to change the "chime" to sound like different things, we had one in my house. Not saying this is the case here, but if the perp has this feature he could easily change it to something else.

Sorry...as I understand the rules it is OK as the name is in the first post of this thread and also in the linked article from the press. This person voluntarily gave an interview to the press and allowed their name to be used in that article. I will change it to initials, though, as anyone with questions about who it is can easily just look at the first post here.

The first post is mine. Should I change it to Marty H ? Still kinda new here.

I would change it to be on the safe side. Usually if someone isn't directly involved with the case we use initials. Gotta protect the innocent, you know?

LOL.....its up to you...I did not know why you were concerned about it appearing in MY post when you had already posted the exact name! It never hurts to be cautious so I just went ahead and changed mine.

I would change it to be on the safe side. Usually if someone isn't directly involved with the case we use initials. Gotta protect the innocent, you know?

Done. Thanks for the advice, I should have been more careful in quoting from the article.

I do not know where the doorbell interest came from, but I wish they wouldnt of made it public. Wonder who bought a new doorbell at the local HomeDepot today.

If it were on a phone call and not a time of day that a clock should sound... that would make me guess that it was a doorbell.

I really don't doubt anything at this point... JMO.
I know that LE oftentimes will use a wide variety of tactics to get people to come forward for a multitude of different reasons.
As long as it isn't something that could potentially harm another, as "the people" are their interest, and keeping them safe is "their job."

perhaps someone called in a tip or info and that was heard in the background?

i seem to remember some kind of cassette or recording that was siezed from the police report. for all i know it was a videotape, but IF it was a cassette from an answering machine.......maybe there was a ransom message that a doorbell was heard in?

this could possibly explain a lot of the strangeness of this story. maybe kidnappers told them not to call LE or atleast not tell LE about the kidnapping or ransom?

this is just one of dozens of possibilities that are possible, but unlikely. it could explain a lot of things in this case, but would also require us to dismiss many other things and actions by LE and families as attempts to cover-up the true story so to not make the kidnappers panic and dispose of haleigh (if she is still alive).

them looking for a doorbell does seem strange.

i seem to remember some kind of cassette or recording that was siezed from the police report. for all i know it was a videotape, but IF it was a cassette from an answering machine.......maybe there was a ransom message that a doorbell was heard in?

this could possibly explain a lot of the strangeness of this story. maybe kidnappers told them not to call LE or atleast not tell LE about the kidnapping or ransom?

this is just one of dozens of possibilities that are possible, but unlikely. it could explain a lot of things in this case, but would also require us to dismiss many other things and actions by LE and families as attempts to cover-up the true story so to not make the kidnappers panic and dispose of haleigh (if she is still alive).

them looking for a doorbell does seem strange.

That's a good thought - about the tape they seized connecting to the doorbell sound.

Just wondering if cell phones have a ringtone sound that is similar to a clock/doorbell?

Just wondering if cell phones have a ringtone sound that is similar to a clock/doorbell?

Oh I am sure they do, they have every other noise made to man...

I am thinking though, if LE said doorbell, there was something that set them off that leads DIRECTLY to a doorbell...

Oh I am sure they do, they have every other noise made to man...

I am thinking though, if LE said doorbell, there was something that set them off that leads DIRECTLY to a doorbell...

At least this one is easy enough to check out....just canvas the town ringing door bells...they don't even need a search warrant or for anyone to be home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro