Investigators Looking for Doorbell That Chimes Like a Grandfather Clock

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least this one is easy enough to check out....just canvas the town ringing door bells...they don't even need a search warrant or for anyone to be home!

I hope that LE didn't just knock on the SO's doors. Hope they rang the doorbell instead!

I wonder if LE only checked his house? And if so, why him?

This does seem like an odd tip. It doesn't seem likely to be heard during the abduction unless it was a ringtone on the perps cell phone. So it must have something to do with a phone call like mentioned above.

This may sound stupid, but why are they looking for a DOORBELL that sounds like a grandfather clock? How do they know it was a doorbell and not a clock unless you were there? Does that make sense?

Not stupid at all. I think they are looking for a doorbell that chimes the same "tune" as a grandfather clock rather than actually sounds like a grandfather clock. My doorbell chimes the same sequence or tune that a grandfather clock does. But you can readily tell that it is a doorbell rather than a clock because the doorbell has a higher pitch where as a clock has a much deeper chime.

Looks like not too many posters here have purchased door chimes lately. We bought one two years ago that has over 100 possibile chimes, including a grandfather clock. It can easily be changed at any opportunity. The perp may have had this type of chime, but it's gone now.

Just thinking about the media article. The neighbor says that some tip or lead led them to his house. (regarding the doorbell), and he said he doesn't have one....I believe him.

Who would give this tip? How close did the neighbor live to RC & MC? Why would they go to his home or even surrounding homes. Did Misty suddenly remember or say after all those long hours of interviews that she may have heard a doorbell ring nearby when she woke up and discovered the door open?

It very well could be on the phone answering machine, but why would the neighbor's house be checked?

I may sound dumb but what does the doorbell post above mean
and what does it have to do with the case ect. ?

I may sound dumb but what does the doorbell post above mean
and what does it have to do with the case ect. ?

This was based on an article in the news/media thread that LE got a tip about a grandfather clock/doorbell and were investigating the neighbor in the article about his doorbell. The man said he doesn't have a doorbell.

Hope that helps.

Just wondering if cell phones have a ringtone sound that is similar to a clock/doorbell?

That is what I'm wondering. Maybe as the kidnapper was leaving his cell phone went off and the little boy remembers hearing it. It must have reminded him of someones clock. That is all I can think of cause it would have to connect with the kidnapping.

That is what I'm wondering. Maybe as the kidnapper was leaving his cell phone went off and the little boy remembers hearing it. It must have reminded him of someones clock. That is all I can think of cause it would have to connect with the kidnapping.

Excellent theory. JR said someone took his sissy. Misty was apparently sleeping thoughout that, as she didn't see or hear anything. :waitasec:

On some of the videos I post here, periodocally you will hear my schoolhouse clock chime on the hour. So many people left comments on the video saying "you must get a lot of company."

Right now outside my kitchen window my neighbors windchimes are making nosie, which sound like a grandfather clock.

Is it possible it wasnt a "doorbell", but unsetting the car alarm? I just went out to my car, unlocked it and it whistled. I decided to set the alarm and it chimed. Ive had my car for four years, never really noticed the two different sounds. I did this three times just now just to makesure they were two different sounds.

On some of the videos I post here, periodocally you will hear my schoolhouse clock chime on the hour. So many people left comments on the video saying "you must get a lot of company."

Right now outside my kitchen window my neighbors windchimes are making nosie, which sound like a grandfather clock.

Very well could be windchimes as you mentioned. We should be looking at the "sound" that LE is looking for, rather than an actual Grandfather Clock, as I don't know how many people in the area there (trailers) would have them in their homes. Wish we could figure this one out!

Many doorbells are portable today, too. They just hang on a nail. They can easily be removed. If any person of interest knows this, IMO that doorbell is long gone.

If it's Westminster Chimes, it could be anything. Including a church:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD6wdBR7Hv4
You are correct re: a church, or anything, as Westminster Chimes are original to Wesminster Abbey...
I was merely trying to "identify" the "sound" of "Grandfather Clock" he/they may have heard. :blushing:
Good sluething everyone...coming to this board is so informative, and I truly love and enjoy reading every single one of your posts.

Janie Weinrab on HLN just said something interesting. Perhaps Junior heard a cell phone tone that sounded like Westminister Chimes. Possible?

I recently bough a battery operated doorbell that has a choice of six different sounds. It is very loud. If someone has this type it can easily be changed to another sound, so this might be hard to find by just ringing a doorbell.

maybe it was just a ruse to get inside the guys house? ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro