Iran - Ukrainian Airlines Boeing 737 crashes, 180 possible fatalities, Tehran, 8 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

gregjrichards

Reaction score
A passenger plane carrying 180 people bound for the Ukrainian capital Kiev has crashed a few minutes after taking off from Tehran’s main international airport.

Iran’s Red Crescent has said there was no chance of finding survivors.

The Boeing 737-800 operated by Ukrainian International Airlines took off from Imam Khomeini international airport at 6.12am Tehran time and went down about eight minutes later, according to flight tracking websites.

Early indications suggested the crash did not appear to have links to Wednesday morning’s missile strikes on bases in Iraq hosting US and coalition troops.

Iran plane crash: Ukraine Boeing with 180 aboard comes down near Tehran

Ukrainian Airlines plane crashes in Tehran shortly after takeoff - CNN

6BB27B2B-F852-47F2-8F89-A043F7FDE805.jpeg D9408B0D-6BC6-4DB6-8D44-A6A25404AC70.jpeg

Okay, remind me how many 737's this is now?
2007, 2010, 2018, 2019, 2020. Am I forgetting any?
Too many. What I read was that pilots suddenly have to fight to control a plane that is flying itself with AI, which is initiating an emergency manuever responding to bad data from a bad sensor.

8 minutes into flight sounds exactly like the 737 max crash of Ethiopa Airlines which crashed 6 minutes into flight taking off from Nairobi.

Those were 737-MAX. Those planes are still grounded. The 737 is considered one of (if not the) safest planes in the world.

That plane was engulfed in flames 2 minutes after takeoff. I believe there is something more here than "technical difficulties"

Edit to say:
News site in Jordan tweeting it was shot down by a missile on accident.

الحدث
@AlHadath

#إيران — أنباء عن سقوط الطائرة الأوكرانية نتيجة إصابتها بصاروخ إيراني عن طريق الخطأ
Translated from Arabic by
#إيران News of the Ukrainian plane crashing as a result of accidentally injuring an Iranian missile

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, this seems a horrible coincidence after what's happened this week. Heartbreaking to see that children's book lying in the wreckage.

Why so many Canadians on that flight? Were they military / diplomatic families?

The photo of the children’s book broke my heart.

Watching the plane go down like a fire bomb is absolutely horrific. I hope the truth about what happened comes out.

First picture of Brit dad killed in jet disaster which left 176 dead

Mohammed Reza Kadkhoda-Zadeh, from Brighton, was on his way back to Britain after visiting family in Iran when the Ukrainian International Airlines plane crashed after taking off in Tehran

British dad killed in Iran plane crash which left 176 dead pictured

EEB8AB0C-F57C-4D03-88DF-DEF372EBED14.jpeg

May Mohammed Reza Kadkhoda-Zadeh and all the passengers and crew Rest In Peace.

Why is anyone using the 737?

Boeing Jet That Crashed in Iran Was Predecessor to 737 Max

Boeing Jet That Crashed in Iran Was Predecessor to 737 Max

Boeing 737-800 that crashed in Tehran 'most popular model in skies'

Boeing 737-800 that crashed in Tehran 'most popular model in skies'

It is important to point out that this aircraft is not the same as the Max planes which have been grounded. This plane does not have the MCAS software or new engines the Max planes have.

The Boeing 737-800 is the most common aircraft in the skies and is considered very safe given the number of flights taken all over the world every day.

Why is anyone using the 737?
because someone is getting paid somewhere !
but to answer your question -I don't know! Crazy I wouldn't get on one and I used to work for an airline!
ETA : simply because its a Boeing and if one is bad .....I don't trust any. That's Just me

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back