Iran - Ukrainian Airlines Boeing 737 crashes, 180 possible fatalities, Tehran, 8 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An entire Swedish family have been killed in the devastating plane crash in Iran.

Parents Raheleh, 37, and Mikael Lindberg, 40, and kids Erik, 9, and Emil, 7, were on the aircraft which killed 176 people on board, a full list of passengers confirmed.

Swedish couple killed in Iran plane crash alongside two young sons, 7 and 9

View attachment 224622

Heartbreaking. May they Rest In Peace.

Oh my goodness!
Iran plane crash: Entire Ukraine Airline crew who died pictured

Pilot Volodymir Gaponenko and second pilot Sergey Khomenko were killed along with flight attendants and stewards Katerina Statnik, Marina Mikityuk, Valeria Ovcharuk,Volodimir Gaponenko, Julia Sologub, Alexey Naumkin, Igor Matkov and Denis Lykhno

Entire Ukraine Airline crew who died in Iran plane crashpictured

View attachment 224626 View attachment 224627 View attachment 224628 View attachment 224629 View attachment 224630 View attachment 224631 View attachment 224632 View attachment 224633 View attachment 224634

This terrible tragedy is desperately sad. May all the crew and passengers Rest In Peace.

I feel sick ...

I don't necessarily think it was targeted, although it may have been. More likely that it was hit by accident from a missile that was headed towards one of the bases Iran was aiming for.
This.

If you look over the pictures of the wreckage there is obvious shrapnel damage. Of course, an engine exploding "could" cause this I suppose, but then there is a picture of one of the motors that has shrapnel damage with the metal piercing in. In my eyes (this is total amateur opinion) the metal would pierce out if that was the motor that "exploded."

(watch this video of how MH17 could have went down if confused about missiles/shrapnel)

*Also Iran refusing to give over the black box is a big red flag to me.

One of my siblings is a USAF pilot and said it seems unlikely a plane would be falling apart coming out of the sky (already on fire...) within 3 minutes and completely lose contact. If you look at flight data the plane is gaining altitude + speed and everything appears fine and then the date completely stops. He told me in a technical failure it would most likely show the data of it coming down.

Of course this all MOO.

I on the other hand hate flying with a passion. So of course I am leaving on an international flight soon with a couple of 737 flights. yay.

An entire Swedish family have been killed in the devastating plane crash in Iran.

Parents Raheleh, 37, and Mikael Lindberg, 40, and kids Erik, 9, and Emil, 7, were on the aircraft which killed 176 people on board, a full list of passengers confirmed.

Swedish couple killed in Iran plane crash alongside two young sons, 7 and 9

Heartbreaking. May they Rest In Peace.
There were a second Swedish-Iranian family abroad the plane, a couple and their 15-year-old daughter. A total of 17 persons living in Sweden lost their lives, not all of them Swedish citizens. Barn bland de döda svenskarna i Iran

picture of one of the motors that has shrapnel damage with the metal piercing in. In my eyes (this is total amateur opinion) the metal would pierce out if that was the motor that "exploded."

*Also Iran refusing to give over the black box is a big red flag to me.

[bbm]
[SBM]
I was thinking the same thing about the engine.
Did Iran refuse to hand over the black box??? I hadn't read that anywhere!

Here's a good explainer on why there were so many Canadians (and Canada-bound Iranians) on the flight. There are no direct flights between Iran and Canada, and stopovers in the US are largely out of the question because of the travel ban.

While 63 passengers on PS752 were Canadian or dual citizens, a total of 138 of the 167 passengers were set to then board connecting flight PS241 from Kyiv to Toronto. This is one of the more affordable connecting trips, with only 1 connection between the two countries. Naturally it would be appealing for Iranian students visiting home over the holidays and for families with small children.

So almost everyone on board was meant to land in Canada this afternoon.

I don't necessarily think it was targeted, although it may have been. More likely that it was hit by accident from a missile that was headed towards one of the bases Iran was aiming for.

The most reasonable theory I've heard is that the plane flew into an area that had defensive measures set up to be triggered by incoming military-related planes/missiles/etc. into that airspace and that those measures were erroneously left in place while a passenger plane was in the airspace. In other words, they were set up to automatically take out incoming attacks, but inadvertently took out a passenger plane.

US-Iran tensions hamper Boeing disaster probe
"Iran has refused to cooperate with the US over the investigation into the Boeing jet that crashed on Wednesday, killing all 176 people on board within minutes of take-off from Tehran’s Imam Khomeini airport.

The fully-fuelled Ukraine International Airlines flight PS752 came down in a field and caught fire in an incident that the Iranian authorities immediately attributed to a mechanical fault."

"Tensions between Iran and the US led to an immediate setback in the investigation after Iran said that it would not work with Boeing and would not hand over flight data from the two recovered black box flight recorders.

"This accident will be investigated by Iran's aviation organisation but the Ukrainians can also be present during the incident's investigation," said Ali Abedzadeh, the head of Iran’s civil aviation authority."
Under international aviation rules, air crash investigations are led by the country where the accident happened."

"Ukraine announced it was sending a team to investigate."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/iran-plane-crash-boeing737-1.5418755

iranian-plane-crash-jan-8.jpg

"Mackey, a former pilot and aircraft accident investigator, said an engine problem would have made the plane unable to climb that quickly. He added that in the case of an engine fire or similar problem, the pilots would likely have been able to steer the plane and land it safely.

"We know the the aircraft very suddenly and inexplicably descended," he told CBC News Network Wednesday morning.

"What happened is consistent with what we would expect to happen if there was a bomb blast or some sort of explosion on the aircraft."

"Five security sources — three Americans, one European and one Canadian — who asked not to be named, told Reuters the initial assessment of Western intelligence agencies was that the plane had suffered a technical malfunction and had not been brought down by a missile. There was evidence one of the jet's engines had overheated, the Canadian source said."

Last edited:
rbbm.
Somebody somewhere must be counting their lucky stars, imo.
"According to Ukrainian Airlines, 168 people purchased tickets for the flight. That suggests one person did not board the flight."

"What happened is consistent with what we would expect to happen if there was a bomb blast or some sort of explosion on the aircraft."

[sbm]
[bbm]

did not board the flight but did they check in?? I would hope that person's luggage was OFFLOADED

rbbm.
Somebody somewhere must be counting their lucky stars, imo.
"According to Ukrainian Airlines, 168 people purchased tickets for the flight. That suggests one person did not board the flight."
iranian-plane-crash-jan-8.jpg

"Mackey, a former pilot and aircraft accident investigator, said an engine problem would have made the plane unable to climb that quickly. He added that in the case of an engine fire or similar problem, the pilots would likely have been able to steer the plane and land it safely.

"We know the the aircraft very suddenly and inexplicably descended," he told CBC News Network Wednesday morning.

"Five security sources — three Americans, one European and one Canadian — who asked not to be named, told Reuters the initial assessment of Western intelligence agencies was that the plane had suffered a technical malfunction and had not been brought down by a missile. There was evidence one of the jet's engines had overheated, the Canadian source said."

I’m wondering if it is going to be an issue with the maintenance that was done three days prior to the crash. I’ve watched many Air crash Investigation episodes where that has been the case. A part not installed properly or something like that. The plane was a flying fireball as it was going down from the videos I’ve seen it reminded me of the devastating Concorde crash.

I really wish there was CCTV of the take off from the airport. I just hope the victims families get the truth.

Victims of Flight 752
People killed in Iran plane crash had ties to cities across Canada

Ontario university students, Alberta family among Iran plane crash victims | The Star

Neda Sadighi, GTA
Suzan Golbabapour, GTA
University of Waterloo students Marzieh (Mari) Foroutan and Mansour Esnaashary Esfahani
University of Guelph students Milad Ghasemi Ariani and Ghanimat Azdahri
University of Alberta professors Mojgan Daneshmand and Pedram Mousavi, with daughters Daria and Dorina
Siavash Maghsoudlou Estarabadi, a former post-doctoral fellow in the faculty of health sciences at McMaster University, his wife Azaden Kaveh and daughter Paria Maghsoudlou Estarabadi
Iman Ghaderpanah and Parinaz Ghaderpanah, Toronto
Parisa Eghbalian and her daughter Reera Esmaeilion, GTA
Faezeh Falsafi and her two children, GTA
Ardalan Ebnoddin-Hamidi and Niloofar Razzaghi, their son Kamyar Ebnoddin-Hamidi, Metro Vancouver
York University student Sadaf Hajiaghavand
Arash Pourzarabi and Pouneh Gorji, Edmonton
Alina Tarbhai, Toronto
Toronto Grade 10 student Maya Zibaie
McMaster University students Iman Aghabali and Mehdi Eshaghian
Alireza Pey, Ottawa
Delaram Dadashnejad, Vancouver
University of Windsor research assistant Hamid Setarah Kokab and wife Samira Bashiri
University of Toronto students and siblings Zeynab Asadi Lari and Mohammed Asadi Lari
University of Toronto student Mohammad Amin Jebelli
Siavash Ghafouri-Azar and Sara Mamani, Montreal
Shadi Jamshidi, Toronto
Carleton University student Fareed Arasteh and alumnus Mansour Pourjam
Bahareh Karami, York Region
Mahsa Amirliravi and husband Moh Salahi, Toronto
GTA secondary school student Arad Zarei

This would affect the total victim count and the info that one person missed the flight IMO (I haven't scoured the article to see if there's any more cases like this):

***Ardalan Ebnoddin-Hamidi, his wife Niloofar Razzaghi, and their teenage son Kamyar Ebnoddin-Hamidi are confirmed to have been on the flight. Razzaghi’s name does not appear on the official flight manifest, but multiple sources have confirmed to the Star she was on board.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if it is going to be an issue with the maintenance that was done three days prior to the crash. I’ve watched many Air crash Investigation episodes where that has been the case. A part not installed properly or something like that. The plane was a flying fireball as it was going down from the videos I’ve seen it reminded me of the devastating Concorde crash.

I really wish there was CCTV of the take off from the airport. I just hope the victims families get the truth.

can you link any of those videos?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back