Iran - Ukrainian Airlines Boeing 737 crashes, 180 possible fatalities, Tehran, 8 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Plane crash in Iran: Live updates on the investigation - CNN
"Iranian troops may have thought they were under attack
CNN's Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr said the US believes Iran mistakenly shot down the Ukrainian plane, explaining that Iranian troops may have believed they were under attack.

"It could be very possible, CNN is told, that this is a fog of war incident," Starr reported.
She explained that one possibility being considered is that "the Iranian missile unit, the troops on the ground in Iran at that point, perhaps saw something on their own radar returned, perhaps thought they were under attack and fired."

Iran questions US allegation that it mistakenly shot down Ukrainian airliner

From CNN's Ramin Mostaghim in Tehran

The head of Iran’s Civil Aviation Authority is questioning the US allegation that Iran mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian airliner that crashed shortly after takeoff in Tehran.

“If a rocket or missile hits a plane, it will free fall," Ali Abedzadeh told CNN.
He said once the plane took off, it continued flying for five minutes. Abedzadeh said “the pilot tried to return to the airport but failed.”

Abedzadeh went on to ask, “How can a plane be hit by rocket or missile” and then the pilot “try to turn back to the airport?”

I don’t trust the Iranian government at all. All the countries who have citizens who have died must demand answers and the truth. A proper investigation needs to be done but it’s already a shambles because of the number of people who have walked all over the crash site.

European security officials: Reports that a Ukrainian airliner was shot down in error are "credible"

From CNN's Nick Paton Walsh

European security officials said they believe that reports suggesting that the Ukrainian airliner was shot down by an Iranian surface to air missile in error are credible.

Canada's prime minister will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. ET

Iran questions US allegation that it mistakenly shot down Ukrainian airliner

From CNN's Ramin Mostaghim in Tehran

The head of Iran’s Civil Aviation Authority is questioning the US allegation that Iran mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian airliner that crashed shortly after takeoff in Tehran.

“If a rocket or missile hits a plane, it will free fall," Ali Abedzadeh told CNN.
He said once the plane took off, it continued flying for five minutes. Abedzadeh said “the pilot tried to return to the airport but failed.”

Abedzadeh went on to ask, “How can a plane be hit by rocket or missile” and then the pilot “try to turn back to the airport?”

I don’t trust the Iranian government at all. All the countries who have citizens who have died must demand answers and the truth. A proper investigation needs to be done but it’s already a shambles because of the number of people who have walked all over the crash site.

I am reading that radar analysis by the Pentagon shows two missles were launched in the area. One for the plane that crashed, and another flying above it. The plane never changed path and continued straight until it crashed. That second plane was very lucky.

Iran’s Civil Aviation Authority head, Ali Abedzadeh, told CNN the country may need outside help to decode the black box on the Ukrainian airliner because it is damaged.

"Generally speaking, Iran has the potential and know-how to decode the black box. Everybody knows that," he said.

However, Abedzadeh said, “the black box of this very Ukrainian Boeing 737 is damaged. Ukrainian Aviation experts arrived here in Tehran today. We had a session with them. From tomorrow they will start decoding the data.”

He added: “If the available equipment is not enough to get the content,” Iran will outsource the boxes to “the experts from France or Canada.”

“Then whatever is the result will be published and publicized to the world," Abedzadeh said.

Canada believes Flight PS752 was shot down by Iran: Trudeau
"TORONTO -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the plane that crashed in Iran Wednesday morning, killing all 138 people aboard, was shot down by an Iranian missile – perhaps by accident.

“We have intelligence from multiple sources, including our allies and our own intelligence. The evidence indicates that the plane was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile. This may well have been unintentional,” the prime minister said Thursday afternoon at a news conference.

U.S. President Donald Trump has suggested that he also believes Iran was responsible for the plane going down."

Last edited:
Altitude, Absolute = distance above the current terrain
Altitude, True = elevation above Mean Sea Level
CVR = Cockpit Voice Recorder
Elevation = distance to Mean Sea Level
FDR = Flight Data Recorder
Mean Sea Level = average height of the Sea

[Contribution # 7062
Thread # 495509]

Last edited:
Iran’s Civil Aviation Authority head, Ali Abedzadeh, told CNN the country may need outside help to decode the black box on the Ukrainian airliner because it is damaged.

"Generally speaking, Iran has the potential and know-how to decode the black box. Everybody knows that," he said.

However, Abedzadeh said, “the black box of this very Ukrainian Boeing 737 is damaged. Ukrainian Aviation experts arrived here in Tehran today. We had a session with them. From tomorrow they will start decoding the data.”

He added: “If the available equipment is not enough to get the content,” Iran will outsource the boxes to “the experts from France or Canada.”

“Then whatever is the result will be published and publicized to the world," Abedzadeh said.

I call BS. I'll be shocked if they admit it. That plane wasn't turning around. They're already quoted as saying no communication that they were in trouble. Give us a break.

Dear Elainera,

I have not seen the names of the German citizens yet who were on the plane.

So far, I have read this article (below). I am searching for articles about citizens from all of the countries who have lost loved ones.

This is so deeply saddening.

Three Germans on board Ukranian plane that crashed in Iran: reports

Thank you Zen! The names of the German victims might not be released because of strict privacy laws in Germany. But let me know if you find anything. Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back