GUILTY Ireland - Ashling Murphy, 23, school teacher, beaten to death, Tullamore, County Offaly, 12 Jan 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully Ashling's strong musician hands managed to rip into the beast!
imo,
Ashling Murphy 'fought for her life and left Gardai with crucial DNA evidence'
''Although there has been no fresh arrest in the massive murder investigation, sources have confirmed a suspect has been identified.

The man handed himself in to a hospital in the east of the country — some distance from where Durrow National School first class teacher Ashling was murdered as she jogged on the banks of the Grand Canal on Thursday evening — more than 24 hours after the killing.''
It’s understood he had cuts and bruises and gardai who were alerted to that initially believed he may have been involved in an incident in the city.

But gardai then became suspicious his injuries may have been related to Ashling’s murder and officers from Tullamore investigation team were sent to the hospital.''

''Brave Ashling Murphy fought for her life – and left Garda detectives crucial forensic evidence that may help nail her killer, it has emerged.

The Star has confirmed that gardai have the killer’s DNA — after the heroic teacher fought him during the brutal attack in Tullamore on Wednesday afternoon.
And that DNA evidence will be crucial in linking her attacker to the shocking murder, the Irish Mirror reports.''

Ashling Murphy Vigils and changing misogynist culture

''Ashling Murphy Vigils and changing misogynist culture

Clip • 14 Mins • 15 JAN • Brendan O'Connor Ellen O'Malley Dunlop, Former Chairperson of the National Womens' Council and Orla Muldoon, Professor of Psychology at University of Limerick discuss the tragedy of the Ashling Murphy murder and the need to change misogynist culture''

New information today...

Gardaí closing in on Ashling Murphy’s killer with a new chief suspect

• The new chief suspect for the murder of Offaly woman Ms Murphy (23) has been in communication with gardaí from a Dublin hospital
  • The suspect, understood to be a married man with children, has had “a limited few words” with gardaí

Snipped from article by me.

The suspect, understood to be a married man with children, has had “a limited few words” with gardaí but has yet to be arrested in connection with the killing.

Gardaí yesterday carried out a dig in a garden at a property linked to the suspect outside Tullamore. A similar dig was underway at another address linked to a relative of the suspect in Dublin, while several addresses with links to the suspect were also searched as part of the probe. He is expected to be questioned by gardaí as soon as medics give them the go-ahead, which is believed to be imminent.

Detectives are trying to establish how the suspect, who is originally from eastern Europe and lives in Tullamore with his wife and children, travelled to Crumlin, Dublin, from Tullamore after the fatal attack. They are investigating whether he journeyed by train, and it has not been ruled out that he drove or was driven. A car was seized in Dublin in connection with the investigation.

While the suspect lives in Tullamore, members of his extended family live in Dublin. Gardaí believe he travelled to a relative’s house in Crumlin after Ms Murphy was killed.

While at that relative’s home on Thursday, it is understood he stabbed himself with a knife, resulting in him being rushed to hospital.

It is believed the “limited discussions” gardaí have had with him centre on establishing how he sustained the stab wounds, for which he underwent surgery. Officers are satisfied they were self-inflicted. Sources said there is nothing in the man’s background to suggest he was capable of the level of violence seen in Ms Murphy’s murder.

Detectives are optimistic that forensic evidence will play a key role in their investigation.

They are believed to have other evidence, including CCTV images placing the suspect close to the scene.

One senior investigator said officers “have no idea” what triggered the attack on Ms Murphy, and the motivation remains unclear.

“The man in hospital in Dublin is now our chief suspect. We are absolutely not looking for anyone else,” a source said yesterday.

New information today...

Gardaí closing in on Ashling Murphy’s killer with a new chief suspect

• The new chief suspect for the murder of Offaly woman Ms Murphy (23) has been in communication with gardaí from a Dublin hospital
  • The suspect, understood to be a married man with children, has had “a limited few words” with gardaí

The suspect, understood to be a married man with children, has had “a limited few words” with gardaí but has yet to be arrested in connection with the killing.

Gardaí yesterday carried out a dig in a garden at a property linked to the suspect outside Tullamore. A similar dig was underway at another address linked to a relative of the suspect in Dublin, while several addresses with links to the suspect were also searched as part of the probe. He is expected to be questioned by gardaí as soon as medics give them the go-ahead, which is believed to be imminent.

Detectives are trying to establish how the suspect, who is originally from eastern Europe and lives in Tullamore with his wife and children, travelled to Crumlin, Dublin, from Tullamore after the fatal attack. They are investigating whether he journeyed by train, and it has not been ruled out that he drove or was driven. A car was seized in Dublin in connection with the investigation.

While the suspect lives in Tullamore, members of his extended family live in Dublin. Gardaí believe he travelled to a relative’s house in Crumlin after Ms Murphy was killed.

While at that relative’s home on Thursday, it is understood he stabbed himself with a knife, resulting in him being rushed to hospital.

It is believed the “limited discussions” gardaí have had with him centre on establishing how he sustained the stab wounds, for which he underwent surgery. Officers are satisfied they were self-inflicted. Sources said there is nothing in the man’s background to suggest he was capable of the level of violence seen in Ms Murphy’s murder.

Detectives are optimistic that forensic evidence will play a key role in their investigation.

They are believed to have other evidence, including CCTV images placing the suspect close to the scene.

One senior investigator said officers “have no idea” what triggered the attack on Ms Murphy, and the motivation remains unclear.

“The man in hospital in Dublin is now our chief suspect. We are absolutely not looking for anyone else,” a source said yesterday.
It is getting more bizarre with each passing day.

He was given emergency treatment by medics but is expected to survive the injuries which sources believe he carried out himself.

It is understood the man was stabbed in the upper part of his body but that the wounds are not life-threatening.

Hospital staff contacted gardai after becoming suspicious of the man’s injuries, which they believed could have been consistent with someone trying to defend themselves.

The man travelled to a hospital a lengthy distance from Tullamore where the murder occurred, but gardai have surveillance on the suspect as they await his recovery.

This new person of interest cannot be questioned by gardai without medical approval.

A source said: “He presented with knife wounds. Gardai will be investigating if the stab wounds are self-inflicted.

“They still haven’t questioned him.”
Ashling Murphy murder: New chief suspect checked into Dublin Hospital

He might have tried to commit suicide realising his family (wife and children) will discover his "double life".
MOO
That's a possibility. Or perhaps trying to disguise the injuries potentially inflicted by Ashling, giving him reason to go to the hospital without having to explain what she may have caused. Of course, he could just be suffering from mental illness. JMO

This photo sent shivers up me, so sad yet beautiful and poignant and stronger than anything evil, imo.
52936081-10403545-Musicians_play_during_a_memorial_for_23_year_old_Ashling_Murphy_-a-2_1642270661960.jpg

''Musicians play during a memorial for 23-year-old Ashling Murphy, who was murdered in Tullamore while out jogging on Wednesday afternoon''

The excavation of land at the various addresses associated with the new suspect is interesting. Is there a suspicion that the attack on Ashling Murphy was the tip of an iceberg that might include the human remains of others? I had a sense that the attack on her was frenzied, rather than part of an abduction attempt that got interrupted. Or are the Garda looking for a weapon that might have been hastily buried?

He might still be innocent.

I mean, a random guy with scratches on his face.
Also the town T. is far away from Dublin.
We shall see soon.

Last edited:
He might still be innocent.

I mean, a random guy with scratches on his face.
Also the town T. is far away from Dublin.
We shall see soon.

Agreed. I don't really have an opinion on that. The news coverage seems to suggest one minute that the Garda absolutely have their man and the next that they really aren't so sure at all. They also seemed very certain about the first man, and look where that ended up.

The excavations were what caught my eye. It seems quite an extreme thing to do when all you have is a man with various injuries, some self-inflicted, presenting at a hospital miles away, which makes me wonder what they're looking for with such urgency.

JMO

Excerpts from The Irish Times:

"...Gardai believe Ms Murphy, who was still alive when paramedics arrived, tried to fight off her attacker.

A house in south Dublin and another property in a Co Offaly village were sealed-off late last week and major search operations, including excavation, were ongoing at those sites on Sunday.

A large number of items have been taken from both addresses and those living there have been taken to alternative accommodation while the searches are underway..."

Ashling Murphy murder: DNA samples from new suspect to be cross-checked

From link, thanks, rbbm.
''Gardaí are working on the theory that the killer was in the area on the bike in the hours before he murdered Ms Murphy but then abandoned the bike as he fled the scene on foot after he was disturbed by two women jogging in the area who came upon him assaulting Ms Murphy on the tow path''

The killer also threatened these women.''

''Gardaí are also investigating reports that a man on a bike followed another woman on the same stretch of canal, near Digby Bridge about 3km outside Tullamore, in the hours before Ms Murphy was murdered.''
Garda sources stressed the houses had been sealed-off as potential crime scenes because the suspect may have left forensic evidence or physical evidence, at the houses.
The people currently living at the houses are not under suspicion''.

One line of inquiry is that the suspect may have been at both properties for periods in the days after Ms Murphy was killed.''

Agreed. I don't really have an opinion on that. The news coverage seems to suggest one minute that the Garda absolutely have their man and the next that they really aren't so sure at all. They also seemed very certain about the first man, and look where that ended up.

The excavations were what caught my eye. It seems quite an extreme thing to do when all you have is a man with various injuries, some self-inflicted, presenting at a hospital miles away, which makes me wonder what they're looking for with such urgency.

JMO
Besides, how many suspects are there???
1. A man on the bike
2. A man in hospital

Is it the same man or 2 different ones?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads