GUILTY Ireland - Ashling Murphy, 23, school teacher, beaten to death, Tullamore, County Offaly, 12 Jan 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police have asked anyone who saw a man dressed in black tracksuit top with no hood, black tracksuit bottoms with a large white stripe or white writing on the side and black runners to come forward.

Officers have asked members of the public whether they saw this man walking in the Tullamore area, or if they gave the man a lift on the evening last Wednesday.

The public has also been asked if they noticed him loitering at any location or “involved in any activity which drew your attention”.

The investigation into the teacher’s murder continued on Monday as officers examined the scene at the canal bank at Cappincur.

Police said that “significant progress” is being made, but would not confirm any specific details.

It comes as they identified a new person of interest, who is believed to be in hospital in the Dublin region receiving treatment, and are waiting to speak to him.

As their investigation continues, gardai believe the development of DNA profiles will form an integral part of the search for Ms Murphy’s killer.

A complaint from another woman, who said she was followed on the same canal path hours before the murder, is still being investigated.
Ashling Murphy death investigators seek information on man in black tracksuit

He was collected by his brother who is s taxi driver in Dublin. He stayed in the brother's house on Wednesday night. He already had injuries but at some stage on Thursday he inflicted stab wounds on himself and was taken to Tallagh hospital where he underwent surgery.

He was collected by his brother who is s taxi driver in Dublin. He stayed in the brother's house on Wednesday night. He already had injuries but at some stage on Thursday he inflicted stab wounds on himself and was taken to Tallagh hospital where he underwent surgery.
So he dragged his family into this mess!

rbbm
Ashling Murphy: 'Significant progress' made in murder investigation - BBC News
''Officers investigating the murder of Ashling Murphy have renewed their appeal for information and say "significant progress" is being made.

The 23 year old was found dead after going for a run beside the Grand Canal in Tullamore, County Offaly, last week.''

''Gardaí want anyone who saw a man dressed in a black tracksuit top with no hood, black tracksuit bottoms with a large white stripe or white writing on the side and black trainers to come forward.''

''Officers have asked members of the public whether they saw this man walking in Tullamore or if they gave the man a lift last Wednesday evening.

The public has also been asked if they noticed him loitering at any location or involved in any activity which drew their attention.''

''Gardaí have said they believe the development of DNA profiles will form an integral part of the search for Ms Murphy's killer.''

''Mary Givan lives near the entrance to the Grand Canal and each night she goes to the memorial of flowers and candles which has grown after Ashling Murphy's murder.

The night before the 23-year-old's funeral, Mary brings fresh batteries for the fairy lights and clears spent tea lights.

Her daughter was in the same year as Ashling at school.

"This is a mother's fear now," she said. "If you let your daughters out, they can't go out on their own. We can't either.

"To keep the light burning for her, that's all we can do."

rbbm
Ashling Murphy: 'Significant progress' made in murder investigation - BBC News
''Officers investigating the murder of Ashling Murphy have renewed their appeal for information and say "significant progress" is being made.

The 23 year old was found dead after going for a run beside the Grand Canal in Tullamore, County Offaly, last week.''

''Gardaí want anyone who saw a man dressed in a black tracksuit top with no hood, black tracksuit bottoms with a large white stripe or white writing on the side and black trainers to come forward.''

''Officers have asked members of the public whether they saw this man walking in Tullamore or if they gave the man a lift last Wednesday evening.

The public has also been asked if they noticed him loitering at any location or involved in any activity which drew their attention.''

''Gardaí have said they believe the development of DNA profiles will form an integral part of the search for Ms Murphy's killer.''

''Mary Givan lives near the entrance to the Grand Canal and each night she goes to the memorial of flowers and candles which has grown after Ashling Murphy's murder.

The night before the 23-year-old's funeral, Mary brings fresh batteries for the fairy lights and clears spent tea lights.

Her daughter was in the same year as Ashling at school.

"This is a mother's fear now," she said. "If you let your daughters out, they can't go out on their own. We can't either.

"To keep the light burning for her, that's all we can do."
There should be cctv cameras installed.

Murder of Ashling Murphy lays bare horrifying history of violence against women in Ireland

Since 1996, 244 women have been violently murdered in Ireland

There have been fresh calls for zero tolerance of violence against women following a recent spate of horrific and fatal attacks.

(...)

“Any response to yesterday’s appalling events must not focus on places – it must focus on perpetrators. We must not fall into tired tropes of examining whether areas are ‘safe’ but consider instead the attitudes and actions of men who make women feel unsafe even in crowded and well lit areas.”

“Women are not afraid of the dark or a lonely space. They are afraid of a violent male perpetrator in the dark.”

“Not all men are violent, and I don’t think anyone is claiming that. However, the majority of violence against women, and indeed men, is perpetrated by men. That’s something as a whole society, including men, we need to tackle.”

Ashling Murphy's funeral to take place in Co Offaly

The funeral mass for school teacher Ashling Murphy will take place in Co Offaly at 11am this morning.

(...)

Teachers and pupils from Coolanarney National School in Blueball, where Ms Murphy went to school, will form a guard of honour.

Local musicians, many of whom Ms Murphy played with throughout the years, will provide the music.

Parish priest Fr Michael Meade will be the chief celebrant at this morning's mass, which will be attended by President Michael D Higgins, Taoiseach Micheál Martin and Minister for Justice Helen McEntee.

(...)

The funeral mass will be broadcast on the RTÉ News Channel.

Teacher unions have asked schools across the country to observe a minute of silence in Ashling’s memory, at 11am.

'Robbed of your most precious gift' - mourners gather for funeral of Ashling Murphy

(...)

Ms Murphy's first class pupils at Durrow National School formed a guard of honour outside the church.

The children each held a photograph of her on her graduation day and a single red rose.

(...)

In a post on her Facebook page, Amy Murphy described her sister as the "light of our lives and heart of the family" and asked on behalf of the family that "any musicians attending please bring their instrument and play music at lower town cemetery after mass should you wish".

(Pictures at link)

Ashling Murphy 'brought happiness and was loved'

"Gardaí investigating the fatal assault on Ashling Murphy have arrested a male in his 30s on suspicion of murder. The male is now detained in Tullamore Garda Station under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984." via Gavin Reilly on twitter

I wonder when the DNA will be confirmed.
It takes time, no?

This is so high profile I imagine they will try to get the results as soon as possible but I've no idea what timeline that would be.

Ashling's funeral was broadcast on Ireland's primary tv channel today and the Irish president and prime minister (Taoiseach) attended so I think they will want justice to be served as quickly and effectively as feasible.

This is so high profile I imagine they will try to get the results as soon as possible but I've no idea what timeline that would be.

Ashling's funeral was broadcast on Ireland's primary tv channel today and the Irish president and prime minister (Taoiseach) attended so I think they will want justice to be served as quickly and effectively as feasible.
The whole town said goodbye to her!
It was so touching I shed a few tears:(
I saw the photos.

May your soul be at peace dear Ashling.
Prayers from me - a teacher from Poland.

The suspect, who has a partner and young children, was arrested in a Dublin hospital on Tuesday after he had recovered sufficiently from injuries to be questioned by detectives, according to the Irish Times.

He presented a the hospital late on Thursday - the day after Ms Murphy was killed whilst out jogging.

Doctors treated what has been described as a number of different types of wounds, some of which were believed to be self-inflicted and others which were unexplained.

Hospital staff became concerned about how he had suffered the injuries, and called the Irish police.
During initial interviews, according to the Irish Times, it became clear the man had links to Co Offaly - some 60 miles inland from Dublin.

A house in a Co Offaly and another in south Dublin - both understood to be linked to the man - have been sealed off and two vehicles have been taken away.

Excavations are also reported to have taken place at the properties and a mountain bike abandoned close to where Ms Murphy's body was found has also been seized.

Ashling Murphy funeral: Man arrested on suspicion of murder as thousands gather to mourn teacher

The man, aged in his 30s, had lived in the Tullamore area with his family including young children for several years.

He is understood to have lived in a number of other European countries before coming to Ireland.

A property linked to the suspect near Tullamore was sealed off at the weekend and searched by gardaí.
Another house in Crumlin in south Dublin, which he is understood to have visited after the murder, was sealed off and searched by gardai on Friday

gardaí have made enquiries with international police agencies to determine if he has a criminal record in other countries which he lived in before moving to Ireland.
Man arrested in relation to Ashling Murphy murder investigation

RPHY%20TULLAMORE%2017SH-d-a.jpg

The man, aged in his 30s, had lived in the Tullamore area with his family including young children for several years.

He is understood to have lived in a number of other European countries before coming to Ireland.

A property linked to the suspect near Tullamore was sealed off at the weekend and searched by gardaí.
Another house in Crumlin in south Dublin, which he is understood to have visited after the murder, was sealed off and searched by gardai on Friday

gardaí have made enquiries with international police agencies to determine if he has a criminal record in other countries which he lived in before moving to Ireland.
Man arrested in relation to Ashling Murphy murder investigation

RPHY%20TULLAMORE%2017SH-d-a.jpg
Him hopping from one country to another?
I bet there is a looong list of criminal records!

Him hopping from one country to another?
I bet there is a looong list of criminal records!
If he does indeed have a home in the area, and also children..makes me wonder if his children went to the school where Ashling was a teacher, or if they knew her. I believe I read where she subbed there previously and then secured a full time job for this school year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back