GUILTY Ireland - Ashling Murphy, 23, school teacher, beaten to death, Tullamore, County Offaly, 12 Jan 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe he has 3 children with one partner and 2 with another who perhaps lives in his home country.
Or...
Has a different wife and children in each country he has lived so far?
Ooops!
My imagination has been running rampant again :(

Last edited:
Time is flying!
Why hasnt he been charged yet?
I thought the evidence was overwhelming.
Do they still wait for DNA report?
They are probably still gathering evidence and want as much info as possible to build their case before they charge. Around four hours to go before they charge or release...

Gardaí will consult with the Director of Public Prosecutions throughout the day and the man must be charged or released by around 9pm tonight.

Further arrest made in Tullamore murder investigation

New laws to make stalking a criminal offence - McEntee

New laws to include stalking as a specific criminal offence will be published before Easter, the Minister for Justice has told the Dáil.

Helen McEntee was addressing the chamber in a debate on gender-based violence, something she said will take a "long and difficult path" to change.

Ms McEntee said new laws will explicitly reference stalking as a criminal offence, will make it clear that stalking includes watching or following a victim, even where the victim is not aware of it, and making sure it covers all forms of modern communication.

Minister McEntee said: "I cannot stand here today and say 'Never Again'. I cannot say that no woman will suffer at the hands of a man tonight. None of us can. What we can do is commit to Ashling, to so many other women, and to each other that we will dedicate ourselves to the long and difficult path of change."

(...)

In his address, the Taoiseach said a "sea change" is needed in culture and attitudes in society to eradicate violence against women.

(...)

Mr Martin committed to a zero-tolerance approach saying it will require all of society to commit to lasting change.

He said the killing of Ashling Murphy last week has "left the entire country devastated and given rise to legitimate questions about whether we are doing enough to prevent violence against women."

(...)

Education awareness will form part of a new Government strategy, which will be published in March, he added.

Five children? I thought it was three, not that it makes any difference to the case. The tabloids refer to him as 'dad-of-three' in a horribly cosy way.

If I'm not mistaken there are now two men being held under arrest. One man has 5 children and is the main suspect the other man has 3 children and I think he may have provided the perp with transport away from the scene after the murder. I believe they are brothers.

If I'm not mistaken there are now two men being held under arrest. One man has 5 children and is the main suspect the other man has 3 children and I think he may have provided the perp with transport away from the scene after the murder. I believe they are brothers.

The media is suggesting he is known to the suspect but not related. It is alleged this person collected the suspect after the cowardly act and drove him to relatives in Dublin.

No.
The main suspect in hospital was told to have 3 kids.

Man charged in Ashling Murphy investigation

Meanwhile, a second man, who is in his 30s, who was arrested this morning as part of the same investigation has been released without charge.

ETA: The special court sitting is at 8.15pm tonight (20 mins away)
So it means that the 2nd man was oblivious of the crime, right?
Possibly lied to by the perp and taken advantage of.

Or maybe still under investigation.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ