Irwin Attorney: ‘Jersey’ Bragged About Kidnapping Lisa Irwin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question - do you think the teen girl's mom was wrong in reporting this tip, apparently to LE?

I think, all of us on this board would do that. If our teen daughter came home from a vigil saying that, I'd be on the phone to LE in 2 minutes. And then, the defense caught wind of this and investigated it themselves.

This is how crimes get solved. Heads up people relaying tips. The link here, is this homeless nameless guy who was apparently spinning yarns. OR, the teenage girl was exaggerating what she heard.

Still, all in all, the mom was absolutely in the right for reporting it. IMHO.

I agree, unless Jersey was already known and on their radar. Saying " yup, I could see him doing something like that" is a far cry from someone saying he DID do it or they heard him SAY he did it. As a mother, I would call it in as a character statement, not as a "someone told my daughter he did it" statement. I suppose it is all in the spin. But then, I'm pretty careful about not adding or subtracting to what was actually said, maybe a result of working with a lot of histrionic people back in the day. :)

I accept the hit as a tool,like luminol.LE doesn't stop with the hit,they continue to test the area ,just as they do when luminol shows the possible presence of blood.
JMO
Sorry,OT :innocent:

Absolutely, the "hit" is a tool. And the fact that they didn't actually continue to test the area, means they decided it wasn't credible.

When they get a luminol hit, they pick up the carpet or bedspread or whatever it is that generated the hit.

The carpet is still in tact in the area of the cadaver dog "hit". Meaning, IMHO, the next cadaver dog dismissed their concerns.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...or-handyman-bragged-about-300-Baby-Lisa-theft

"Well, they might have, they may have," Stanton said. I'm not sure, but then again. It's the press that makes the headlines."

"Until there's further investigation,30 I'm going to take him at his word," Stanton said. "I met his alleged girlfriend and she and her mother were giving this information. While it's interesting, it may be people who are over zealous."

LOL

I accept the hit as a tool,like luminol.LE doesn't stop with the hit,they continue to test the area ,just as they do when luminol shows the possible presence of blood.
JMO
Sorry,OT :innocent:

Exactly. However LE did not take any of the wall to wall carpet in DB's bedroom. They did not pull up the carpet to check underneath either. It's all in the video where Short gave a tour of the home after LE released it.

Absolutely, the "hit" is a tool. And the fact that they didn't actually continue to test the area, means they decided it wasn't credible.

When they get a luminol hit, they pick up the carpet or bedspread or whatever it is that generated the hit.

The carpet is still in tact in the area of the cadaver dog "hit". Meaning, IMHO, the next cadaver dog dismissed their concerns.

They never said the hit was on the carpet. It may have been on the blanket that was removed. Maybe it was laying on the floor by the bed.

They never said the hit was on the carpet. It may have been on the blanket that was removed. Maybe it was laying on the floor by the bed.

If the "hit" was on a blanket why say that the "hit" was on the floor? Was this a spin on the facts by LE?

If the "hit" was on a blanket why say that the "hit" was on the floor? Was this a spin on the facts by LE?

Oh probably so, those darn LEOs always spinning and making up things.

I guess we'll maybe know more, eventually.

They said the cadaver dog hit was on the "floor". And then LE didn't remove any carpet during the subsequent search.

I think most men call the wall to wall carpet the "floor". Because it is. As in, "can you vacuum the floors today"? "Crap, I dropped my contact on the floor and now I can't find it". "Be sure the painters cover the floors carefully before they paint". "Kids, pick your wet towels up off the floor".

Wall to wall carpeting is called the floor.

Items on the floor are called what they are. I've never heard a man say "there's a stain on the floor" when they mean there's a stain on a shirt they threw on the floor. Or "man the floor next to the bed stinks", when they mean the tennis shoes on the floor by the bed stink.

I'm surprised we can't just all agree that when LE said in a search warrant, that the cadaver dogs hit on the floor by Deborah's bed they meant the FLOOR, like they said, not an object on the floor, which they did not say.

LE doesn't usually show their hand in an investigation. In fact, they tried to seal this search warrant from being released. I'm sure they were vague on purpose. LE isn't "spinning" anything. They were asking for probable cause to do their 17 hour search.

LE is going to be as vague as possible. They do not want to release what they know, they did try to seal the warrant and keep it from the media.

Matter of fact,there is. It is extremely rare for a child under the age of one to be abducted by a stranger...95%+ are killed by a parent.

Many older children are abducted by family members. Stranger abductions are usually sex related and the child is murdered. Occasionally they are enslaved, but rarely.

Statistics are made by every case. Just because it's in the lower percentage, doesn't mean it isn't possible.

To be honest, I don't believe that LE is trying to put a spin on the "hit". I think that if the hit was on a blanket, they would have stated that.

Truer words were never spoken.

Thanks for that.

LE clearly has the right, and often exercises it, to create ruses in the public to flush out perpetrators of crime, and also to calm the public to keep them from mass hysteria if there is a perp on the loose.

They do spin, they do deny, they create ruses. In the name of justice. So all's well, but we can't deny that they spin.

In the name of persuing justice. So, I don't believe LE when they make public statements.

IIRC it was CS (lawyer who was let go) who said the cadaver dog hit on the floor. She knew the carpet wasn't taken so it could be DT spin ,if the hit was on an item that was on the floor.JMO

Truer words were never spoken.

Thanks for that.

LE clearly has the right, and often exercises it, to create ruses in the public to flush out perpetrators of crime, and also to calm the public to keep them from mass hysteria if there is a perp on the loose.

They do spin, they do deny, they create ruses. In the name of justice. So all's well, but we can't deny that they spin.

In the name of persuing justice. So, I don't believe LE when they make public statements.

What about the defense lawyers ?

How are we even sure Russ P even interviewed the CORRECT teen? He has gotten other facts completely wrong before. Just sayin.......

Was it even LE who made the statement that the hit was on the floor?

IIRC it was CS (lawyer who was let go) who said the cadaver dog hit on the floor. She knew the carpet wasn't taken so it could be DT spin ,if the hit was on an item that was on the floor.JMO

I thought that the statement about the HRD dog hit on the floor was on the affidavit for the search warrant. I may be wrong.

Statistics are made by every case. Just because it's in the lower percentage, doesn't mean it isn't possible.
And a lower percentage does not mean ZERO percentage. Lower percentages can and do happen. Just like winning the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89