Irwin neighborhood crime statistics

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Heck of a lot of crime on N. Lister near the Brad/Irwin residence. What the heck.

Yeah...it's really not that great of an area of town...so I can understand it, in a way. In fairness to the other report listed for the previous time (when Jersey was out on the street), there was one extra week in mine. But, I don't actually see much of a difference (if any) of more crime when Jersey was out there. I'm sure that he is only one of many petty thieves who roam the area.

Does this give more credence to the fact that a stranger might have come in and abducted Lisa?

Yeah...it's really not that great of an area of town...so I can understand it, in a way. In fairness to the other report listed for the previous time (when Jersey was out on the street), there was one extra week in mine. But, I don't actually see much of a difference (if any) of more crime when Jersey was out there. I'm sure that he is only one of many petty thieves who roam the area.

Does this give more credence to the fact that a stranger might have come in and abducted Lisa?

Burglars avoid homes with dogs and the appearance of someone being home (cars parked in a driveway)....and, I'd venture a guess, windows facing a street.

Although, if they know there are valuables in the home, if they'd been in the home before, then maybe, but I wouldn't call three cell phones prize loot.

Burglars avoid homes with dogs and the appearance of someone being home (cars parked in a driveway)....and, I'd venture a guess, windows facing a street.

Although, if they know there are valuables in the home, if they'd been in the home before, then maybe, but I wouldn't call three cell phones prize loot.

Yes, and interestingly, that window that "the abductor" was supposed to go through, wasn't that facing the street?

When Lisa first went missing, I thought it seemed like a lot of crime, which did make time think it was a true kidnapping. But was it a kidnapper or did they use that info to make it seem more like a kidnapping? Remember JI reportedly had his car broken into, in August, I believe.

Here is what I got for statistics since Jersey was arrested in that neighborhood for a 4 month period (about 1 week more than indepmo did). It looks like he was making a mark, but definitely not on a one man crime spree in that neighborhood. :

Shooting @ 35XX N BRIGHTON AV 02/09/12

Theft @ 50XX NEPARVIN RD 02/06/12

Theft @ 39XX N ELMWOOD AV 02/02/12

Theft @ 39XX N SPRUCE AV 01/27/12

Theft @ 36XX N CHOUTEAU T 01/26/12

Theft @ 50XX NEPARVIN RD 01/24/12

Theft @ 34XX N POPLAR AV 01/20/12

Theft @ 50XX NEPARVIN RD 01/13/12

Theft @ 50XX NEPARVIN RD 01/06/12

Theft @ 36XX N LISTER DR 01/05/12

Theft @ 50XX NEPARVIN RD 01/01/12

Burglary @ 38XX N KENSINGTONAV 12/18/11

Theft @ 43XX NECHOUTEAU T 12/13/11

Theft @ 41XX N JACKSON AV 12/12/11

Burglary @ 35XX N CHOUTEAU T 12/03/11

Theft @ 36XX N CHOUTEAU T 11/29/11

Theft @ 34XX N CHELSEA AV 11/21/11

Theft @ 36XX N CLEVELAND AV 11/19/11

Theft @ 50XX NEPARVIN RD 11/18/11

Theft @ 39XX N ELMWOOD AV 11/17/11

Theft @ 41XX N LISTER AV 11/14/11

Theft @ 50XX NEPARVIN RD 11/11/11

Theft @ 41XX N LISTER AV 11/08/11

Theft @ 50XX NEPARVIN RD 10/24/11

Theft @ 37XX N JACKSON AV 10/16/11

Theft @ 36XX N CLEVELAND AV 10/09/11
Where is a link to what you just posted? Here is info from KCPD themselves with the neighborhood from right after Jersey was arrested until today, with a link for the info. It shows not even near the stuff you have listed. My map covers almost the exact same area that indepmo's map covers. Your area listed covers much, much more area so of course it will show more.
https://www.crimereports.com/
And yes, not having Jersey here did make a big difference. Almost half of what you have listed are commercial addresses. Not residential as indepmo's map has to be compared with.

Untitled.jpg

Heck of a lot of crime on N. Lister near the Brad/Irwin residence. What the heck.

Ummmm a lot?? Her list only has 1 incident on this part of N Lister. The others are in a different neighborhood on the other side of Parvin Rd. Her list encompasses about double or more area of what indepmo's list covered.

I'm assuming that indepmo put in the N. Lister address/area as I did. Does it really matter if something in the area was commercial or residential? Crime stats are crime stats. You can see the dates that I used. Do you think that this website just made the statistics up? Here is the link:

http://spotcrime.com/#3600%20N.%20Lister%20Avenue%20Kansas%20City%20Mo
you posted his data to compare yours with, so yes it does matter. He kindly posted a map to show exactly what area he was using for his data, as did I, so it matters greatly. You know, apples vs oranges.

It's late, so perhaps I'm not getting it. Since that site didn't give me the option of a map, it automatically gave me whatever "area" they considered normal neighborhood. So, yes, it would give you less crime if you gave a smaller area, but most all of the streets on the site I listed from are the same ones that the site indepmo listed from.

For example, if we were to list just North Lister and the adjacent streets on each side of it, it would give a smaller set of crime statistics.

Are you saying that the area that I gave is NOT what would be considered that neighborhood? Because I can see on the map that it is. Lots of neighborhoods have commercial businesses in them.

It's late, so perhaps I'm not getting it. Since that site didn't give me the option of a map, it automatically gave me whatever "area" they considered normal neighborhood. So, yes, it would give you less crime if you gave a smaller area, but most all of the streets on the site I listed from are the same ones that the site indepmo listed from.

For example, if we were to list just North Lister and the adjacent streets on each side of it, it would give a smaller set of crime statistics.

Are you saying that the area that I gave is NOT what would be considered that neighborhood? Because I can see on the map that it is. Lots of neighborhoods have commercial businesses in them.
Your area encompasses many neighborhoods. His and mine have this particular neighborhood in them. Your area is adding probably 3-4X the amount of housing and all of the commercial areas. The map he made and I compared to is this particular neighborhood and the townhouses.

So, what do you consider "this particular neighborhood"?

Are you saying that there is crime all around you but your neighborhood is sheltered from this crime? That would be a good thing for you guys, but I don't know how much sense it would make. The area I encompassed was 35, 29, Armour and 435 and, even then, it showed most of the crime in the areas closer to 3620 N. Lister.

If you want to only include a couple of streets in your map, that's totally fine. I just felt that it would be more likely to see the true picture of the crime in that area if we surrounded the area by the major highways, since if there truly was an abductor, they would most likely head out onto one of these to take Lisa away. So, that is why I did it.

So, what do you consider "this particular neighborhood"?

Are you saying that there is crime all around you but your neighborhood is sheltered from this crime? That would be a good thing for you guys, but I don't know how much sense it would make. The area I encompassed was 35, 29, Armour and 435 and, even then, it showed most of the crime in the areas closer to 3620 N. Lister.

If you want to only include a couple of streets in your map, that's totally fine. I just felt that it would be more likely to see the true picture of the crime in that area if we surrounded the area by the major highways, since if there truly was an abductor, they would most likely head out onto one of these to take Lisa away. So, that is why I did it.
The point is is that you were comparing his data to yours. The two set of data do not encompass the same area so they cannot be compared to each other. There is a big difference between the two. If anybody is to compare two sets of data, the controls need to be the same or otherwise the data is irrelevant.

How do you come up with my comparing mine to his? I quoted his and responded with what I came up with from a different site. You might have been comparing, but I was not. I was simply giving statistics from around the time Jersey was incarcerated to 4 months ahead. Someone had asked in this thread to see statistics AFTER Jersey was incarcerated. That's what I did. It encompasses your neighborhood and the area inside the 3 major highways that wrap around it plus Armour Road. I think that you might be sensitive about this and it was in no way to demean or reduce any effect of what indepmo posted. It was no way to "compare" to his...

And, I consider the fact that "the neighborhood" is in an area that is surrounded by major highways to be a factor that should be taken into account for us to consider an abduction. Anyway, I stand by my information and not to compare or compete with anyone else. The statistics are there, so anyone who wants to see them is able to.

G'Nite

Where is a link to what you just posted? Here is info from KCPD themselves with the neighborhood from right after Jersey was arrested until today, with a link for the info. It shows not even near the stuff you have listed. My map covers almost the exact same area that indepmo's map covers. Your area listed covers much, much more area so of course it will show more.
https://www.crimereports.com/
And yes, not having Jersey here did make a big difference. Almost half of what you have listed are commercial addresses. Not residential as indepmo's map has to be compared with.

View attachment 20924

Ummmm a lot?? Her list only has 1 incident on this part of N Lister. The others are in a different neighborhood on the other side of Parvin Rd. Her list encompasses about double or more area of what indepmo's list covered.

BBM

As you said, now that jersey is gone, crime is down. Add the factor that two of the players in this scenario, Dane and jersey are now in jail, in fact the same jail. Megan self-reported that she and jersey walked through the neighborhood. These peeps are clearly not boy/girl scouts; it's not the hood, it's who comes into it. In Kansas City there are many 'neighborhoods'; some require a 15 minute drive to get from A to B. You are right about apples and oranges.

Kansas city has a very high crime rate, no it's not st Louis but it is still nearly double the national average. While that particular area of kc might have less crime than average it's still in a large crime ridden city.

Now that I'm on my computer, based on city data Kansas City crime rate (including zip 64117) is 617.4, the national average is 319.1. This is certainly something to consider and IMO increases the chance that SODDI.

Kansas city has a very high crime rate, no it's not st Louis but it is still nearly double the national average. While that particular area of kc might have less crime than average it's still in a large crime ridden city.

BBM

When we lived in Kansas City, near where Tamara Sparks was found, we came home from a trip once to find that every computer w/all the software, every stereo, tv and leather coat/jacket in the house was gone BUT the topper was they took our refrigerator and dishwasher, as well. :D This was in a more rural area.

BBM

When we lived in Kansas City, near where Tamara Sparks was found, we came home from a trip once to find that every computer w/all the software, every stereo, tv and leather coat/jacket in the house was gone BUT the topper was they took our refrigerator and dishwasher, as well. :D This was in a more rural area.

That just proves that no one likes doing dishes by hand. :D

Now that I'm on my computer, based on city data Kansas City crime rate (including zip 64117) is 617.4, the national average is 319.1. This is certainly something to consider and IMO increases the chance that SODDI.

Yes, I think this too. I mean, of course if you took just a very few streets and did crime statistics, then your data is going to show lower stats than if you did a larger area. But, that area that includes N. Lister is surrounded by the Interstates, which to me might give a higher chance of SODDI.

BBM

Same thing with us when we lived there. We were burglarized one day and they took all of our electronics and our computer. They took all of my jewelry, cameras and even my perfume!!!! And, they took all the stuff out of our refrigerator and threw it all over the kitchen floor! I remember that I had forgotten to set the security system and just felt so horrible about it. The thing that I was so scared of though was if they had hurt my cat. He apparently had hidden under the bed.

In your case, Jacie, they must have had a bit more time if they could take that. I think they really rushed in ours. Good ole KC!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandi72
Back