Is JB qualified to represent someone accused of murder?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is JB a competent defense attorney involving murder?

• JB has done a GOOD job of representing CA

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • JB has done a POOR job of representing CA

Votes: 240 80.8%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 41 13.8%

• Total voters
Dollars to donuts that sometime before the trial, JB will figure out how over his head he really is, and either LKB or someone else will step in and take over the case.
JB if he stays on, will merely be in a supporting role.

Dollars to donuts that sometime before the trial, JB will figure out how over his head he really is, and either LKB or someone else will step in and take over the case.

I agree but am also suprised that he seems to be calling all the shots in the defense thus far. I also believe that initially even CA, GA, and LA all questioned not only his motives in representing her but his ability to do so. I think JB loves the free publicity and the spotlight on him. I also don't think KC would willingly give him the 2nd runner up position. She seems infatuated...:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Put aside your feelings for his client for the moment...do you feel JB can provide a proper defense for KC. My personal feeling is that due to his inexperience he is setting her up for an appeal down the road.

My personal feeling is that JB is KC's ticket to a new trial six years down the road and yes, due to his inexperience.

He could have possibly plea bargained for accidental death early in this case. KC might have seen the light of day (release) at some point in her life. At this point, I don't think the DA would accept accidental death.

Once the decomposition in the trunk of the car was confirmed and the band of death on Caylee's hair, that is when I would have negotiated a plea bargain. To play this case out in a trial is ridiculous and not in the best interest of his client in my opinion.

And why would he read that statement from his client on the eve of her daughter's memorial? It showed her anger IMO. Why in the world would he read that to the media?

She will probably insist on testifying although I don't see how JB can allow it. You never put a lying witness on the stand and that seems to be all that comes out of her mouth.

I'm sure JB thought this would bring him notoriety, but my only advice to him is careful what wish for JB.

Sue

I don't think she'll testify. She pretty much does what JB says and I don't think he's dumb enough to put her on the stand. That would be suicidal!

IMO, there should have been a "no," option, then a, "hell no," option. I would choose the latter.

He's absolutely inept, IMO.

The good news is, he's brought LKB on board, as well as hired out his students in the law class that he teaches. This is assurance that this will not rise to the level of ineffective counsel. Why anyone would pay him to teach law students is WAY beyond my comprehension, but I digress.....

I doubt this would ever happen, but I don't think LKB ever took the FL bar, did she? Isn't that a requirement to be lead counsel?

I voted poor job. His media exposure is disturbing to me, I don't think it's in the best of his client for him to keep talking.
I just saw him on GR talking about OCTOMOM. WTH?

Interesting that less than 2% of respondents think JB is doing a good job.

If the court finds the same on a possible appeal if found guilty ... she may get a new trial.

How ironic ... maybe this is a good strategy.
I said this elsewhere. Maybe he's throwing himself under the bus.

Nah. He really is incompetent for this trial.

JB on GR now saying LE maneuvered KC in front of cameras to tell her about finding Caylee.

I think he has done a poor job in that he should have pled this case off when the evidence started coming in (decomp in the car and hair). Should have pled it down in exchange for the body and the story of what happened (of course it would have been a lie). He might have got her 10 years, even 20 wouldn't have been bad. She would get out of prison as a rather young person. Now I don't believe she will ever get out. I hope and I wonder if he explained any of this to her or if its his idea to go all the way thru a trial? I think its way too late now to plead out the case. I don't ever want to see her out of prison!

what does that mean? And so what? lol He is always worried about crap. I think he has alot more to worry about than this.

JB on GR now saying LE maneuvered KC in front of cameras to tell her about finding Caylee.

He's an awful lawyer, he is absolutely horrendous to watch. The judge has shown great patience with him. At trial, I think he will wear the prosecutor out and wear the judge thin.

IMHO I think that everyone, including the financiers are happy for JB to be out front, I think LKB is happy to be an expert sitting alongside. JB is the fall guy.

If things goes well then they were a part of the team and can share the glory.

If things go badly then not only do they disappear quickly but they file for appeal, even though JB has an expert team behind him.

Fall guy. Puppet. Marionette.

I think he has done a poor job in that he should have pled this case off when the evidence started coming in (decomp in the car and hair). Should have pled it down in exchange for the body and the story of what happened (of course it would have been a lie). He might have got her 10 years, even 20 wouldn't have been bad. She would get out of prison as a rather young person. Now I don't believe she will ever get out. I hope and I wonder if he explained any of this to her or if its his idea to go all the way thru a trial? I think its way too late now to plead out the case. I don't ever want to see her out of prison!

JB is definitely not equipped to handle a case of this magnitude. His inexperience is going to cost KC her life. (I hope so)

I'm not sure Baez is qualified to represent someone accused of bicycle theft.

He did read that statement before the memorial, after all.

what does that mean? And so what? lol He is always worried about crap. I think he has alot more to worry about than this.

-------------
I agree.He should spend less time nit picking LE.and more time getting his client to come up with a better excuse.In some ways he reminds me of Garagos but less "polish".At times I think he doesn't give a fig for KC,just his exposure as a lawyer. I voted no.

Put aside your feelings for his client for the moment...do you feel JB can provide a proper defense for KC. My personal feeling is that due to his inexperience he is setting her up for an appeal down the road.

There will be no appeal available on his "inexperience"...........he is a bumbling idiot and she HIRED him, so she has no recourse if he does a bad job. He is not a public defender.

He will be off this case before long...........remember I told you when it happens.

I doubt this would ever happen, but I don't think LKB ever took the FL bar, did she? Isn't that a requirement to be lead counsel?

No, she can get permission from the court for the trial. I think it is called pro hoc vice, which means for this time only in Latin. It is done all the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpond1972
Back