Is one of the reasons Casey is "unpopular" (per Baez) because she is pretty?will re o

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself wondering if B. is trying to convince people of the "looks" thing.He is planting seeds.I also feel he has NONE of her friends who will speak in her behalf.Even her family,no aunts,uncles,doubt grandparents will,I'd try to cover it up too.kc. is not that good looking! I can think of many I've seen on court tv,good looking YES ~ they went down just as hard.

I don't think that anyone can argue that KC's looks are the "reason" for her unpopularity....but I do see perhaps where the defense is going with that opinion. Let me say first.......I am not a fan of KC, and am not a fan of any member of her "team".......

My interpretation of the contention that "KC is more unpopular because of her looks" is this. When you learn of a crime and see the accused, you may subconsciously assign beliefs or opinions about that person based upon their appearance.

For example.......Let's say you hear a report about a woman that shot her boyfriend in a drunken, drug fueled, domestic dispute. Her photo flashes on your TV screen and she has missing teeth, ratty hair, bad skin, and is generally unappealing in appearance. You think to yourself......what a mess.....she has problems......she's an addict.......you are more easily able to "visualize her" carrying out the crime. You may rationalize her behavior by thinking "this poor woman.....has been through hell, she has problems that contributed to her actions, there must be something more to this than just what we see".

Now.....lets take that same crime and flash on your TV, a photo of a woman in a suit, with well coiffed hair, manicured nails, generally pleasing in appearance and by appearances.....her act together. What might we infer from that?

Is it possible that a more unattractive, disheveled, "victim of circumstances" could elicit our pity based upon her outward appearance? Can we rationalize that she has led a hard life, and that there may be more to the story?

Is it possible that an attractive woman may receive harsher judgement because we assume her to have had advantages and a "better life" thereby making it harder to understand why she would have done this??

I can't say that I would be able to remain 100% objective and that "looks" wouldn't factor in. I acknowledge that it is possible that my perception could be impacted by "looks".

I don't think KC has been unfairly judged based upon her looks, but I do allow for the possibility that it could be harder to rationalize that a crime committed by woman with the appearance of "everything going for her" may be harder to swallow than a crime committed by a woman that has seen "better days".

I find myself wondering if B. is trying to convince people of the "looks" thing.He is planting seeds.I also feel he has NONE of her friends who will speak in her behalf.Even her family,no aunts,uncles,doubt grandparents will,I'd try to cover it up too.kc. is not that good looking! I can think of many I've seen on court tv,good looking YES ~ they went down just as hard.

Nore, that is such a good point. WHO will KC have to speak in her defense? Cindy to be sure, George will do what Cindy tells him to do..that's a given imho, so he definitely would too. Lee? I guess, but wth would he say? Don't know about his g-friend Mallory. I guess she could be a toss up and I can't think of ANYONE else!

I wonder how that works anyway. Would anyone be called to testify for KC unless it was in the penalty phase? Would they have to be truthful?

A few posts are alluding to Baez stating that KC is unpopular because she is nice looking. No...he didn't say that. Baez simply stated that she was unpopular. Period. I was the one who then asked if her unpopularity has to do with (even partially) any type of jealousy and/or envy about her looks (in addition to the obvious crime).

I can't stand her because she killed her daughter. It wouldn't matter if she was ugly or pretty, that's stupid of him to even say that.

OH, I just saw your post. I'll rephrase that. I can't stand her because she killed poor, sweet, darling, innocent little Caylee who loved her and was totally helpless at her hands. I can't believe that anyone could kill any child, let alone their own baby. She's the worst of the worst and the fact that SHE thinks she is so beautiful makes it even worse. moo

Personally, I don't really think KC's looks are what made this case what it was today. Andrea Yates and Susan Smith's cases drew HUGE attention (in fact, believe it or not I'm sure more people know about SS than KC), and they were not attractive at all. However, unlike AY and SS, KC never once fessed up to what she did. Instead, she went out partying while her daughter was dead and then continued to stick to her lame story even when most of it was proven to be lies and human decomp was found in her car. I think the fact that she is so bizarre/sociopathic (mixed with the fact that her daughter stole America's hearts) is what makes this case huge. Also the fact that her family and defense team won't shut up and try to make their way onto every news station and program.

You are right...Caylee stole our hearts. I wonder how much that bothers Casey. She has to know why she is so disliked everywhere. She has to know the reason none of her "friends" have even tried to visit her or write to her. It is all about Caylee and I'll bet that just burns her rear. She was so jealous of Caylee anyway in life. And now in death...everyone knows about Caylee...has seen her pictures and just love that little girl. I especially loved to hear her sing "You Are My Sunshine" even though it breaks my heart when she sings "don't take Nana's sunshine away." I think that was for Gramma Shirley.

I'll bet Casey dislikes Caylee more in death then she did in life.

I agree with all, my interest in this case is not because of Casey, it is due to the circumstances and beautiful little Caylee. I find Casey repulsive to look at since she chose to party rather than focus on her daughter, and that is explained because she took her daughter's life. My interest here is for Caylee, the beautiful little girl that lost her life too soon!!!

She looks shallow & boring. Sorry that's all.

Schmerty, I definitely think she is shallow, no doubt about it. AND boring in her real life, but dang her imaginary life was busy, busy, busy! :sick:

This my reason for being so interested in this case. It has nothing to do with what any of the players look like. I find Casey to be completely average looking. Caylee was a completely average looking kid.
What drew me here was hearing Cindy on Greta. She was so cold, and strange acting that I googled this case. WS was one of the top hits, and I've been here ever since.
When I heard that first police interview with Casey, I was shocked. I had to keep picking my jaw off the floor. Her carefree, bold lying to those seasoned detectives was just off the charts.
The bad behavior from the perp, her family, the lawyers, etc. still intrigues me.
Regardless, I'm here to the end. I want to make sure this sociopath is punished and never takes another breath as a free woman.

Bold mine.

This is exactly what drew me here too: Cindy's Greta appearance. Just how ridiculous she was acting and insolent to Greta...not like a scared Grandmother should act. It was the first time I had heard of KC. Googled the case and here I am. :)

1st of all, Casey isn't as attractive as she used to be. 2ndly, I think the problem with her looks is that in the past, she has used them to get her way, & for the 1st time in her life, that isn't working. Another problem with her looks, is that what's on the outside doesn't match what's on the inside. I think this is the 1st time in her life that people have been forced to see that, & it's hard for her to handle. Also, Baez & Casey need to realize that this isn't high school & that popularity doesn't matter near as much as believability. So these 2 need to get past the looks, (we all have), & move on to another avenue.

KC cooked her own goose with all her lies before she lawyered up...however any public image of her and her family, thereafter should have been managed by her attorneys. They have utterly failed at this 101 duty of lawyers. In fact they have added to her unpopularity. JB might have had stars in his eyes in the beginning but I bet he wishes he never met KC and the fam damily now.

Baez stated at least twice in open court yesterday that KC is "unpopular". He stated this when he argued that a 600+ dollar forgery/fraud charge would be treated differently... were it someone else's crime --instead of unpopular Casey Anthony's.

Here is something that I hope deserves it's own thread...KC definitely is a sensation. If you can imagine her much older and perhaps homely..do you think that she would be treated differently? Do you think one of the reasons for her unpopularity (aside from the demise of her beautiful daughter) also has to do with KC's attractiveness? It is a valid question.

Hi affinity, I quoted you so that I could respond to your post.

I'm going to be very honest here, and it's not meant to be catty but just as honest an opinion that I can give and that is I honestly don't see KC as being strikingly pretty---certainly not pretty enough to sway public opinion in one way or another.

Anyone remember LaFave (I think that was her name and I"m too lazy to google I"m sorry) she was a teacher that had sex with a minor? Now that young lady was drop dead beautiful if you dont take into consideration the completely vacant look in her eye.

I think that KC is unpopular and a sensation because of her behavior immediately after the murder of her daughter and especially after Caylee had been reported missing by her Grandmother up until Caylee was found.

She was arrogant, belligerent, she lied up and down ---sideways. She is trully a dispicable character and I really don't think her face has any influence on the interest the public has taken in Caylee's murder.

JMHO.

Hello WS :)

Who says she is unpopular? What does JB mean by this? Unpopular being that she is in jail and ready to be on trial? Is unpopular a legal term?

During the check fraud hearing, JB stood there and point blank said the SA was being harder on Casey because she is unpopular and that the judge shouldn't follow suit or allow it just because doing so would be popular. I didn't understand JB was saying it was because she was "pretty." I thought what he was doing was sly before...What twist. It makes my head hurt. Is it because she is pretty that she is unpopular because we wouldn't think she was guilty if she wasn't 'pretty?' Huh?

If we replace the word, "pretty" with "guilty"-what JB is saying makes much more sense. "Is one of the reasons Casey is "unpopular"(per Baez) because she is "guilty?"

When I first saw Casey, her looks didn't matter because I was too busy thinking she had killed her daughter and (dear God/dess)wondering why and feeling sad for Caylee. And, now-pretty or not: Casey's life is destroyed and she did it to herself and for shallow reasons.

I thought being "pretty" was supposed to make you popular and have it easy in life? Aren't we all supposed to want to be thin, young and beautiful? Why would her looks make her unpopular? Again, this is very twisted logic and it accuses everyone of wanting to see Casey punished because of how we feel about her appearance. That makes all of us crazy(the judge and SA especially)and evil: while JB is pointing out Casey's innocence.

According to Casey's defense: everyone is more guilty than Casey. I get it, I get it: they are saying Casey is innocent and it is their job to defend her and say she is innocent. I am just still waiting for the defense to give one thing to back it all up. I came to the realization of what I am waiting for when the Feb 1st deadline came and went: I didn't realize how much the defense had done nothing to back up their case. I read about it but did not realize it myself. Now they are supposed to create a schedule with deadlines, does anyone know when (and if) we would see or know about that schedule?

Shouldn't JB prove that Casey is being treated unfairly? Not just say these things but prove things. Isn't that what makes the difference between something being legal and just being a personal disagreement or accusation?

TIA

...jmo...

Another reason I think KC is unpopular is on her phone call home from jail in July she states to her friend that "All everyone cares about is Caylee" and as that statement is coming from her mouth you can almost hear KC's brain clicking...."and that is all I care about, too." An afterthought. She's not fooling anybody with that statement. jmo

Another reason I think KC is unpopular is on her phone call home from jail in July she states to her friend that "All everyone cares about is Caylee" and as that statement is coming from her mouth you can almost hear KC's brain clicking...."and that is all I care about, too." An afterthought. She's not fooling anybody with that statement. jmo
yeah, there was absolutely no need to say that. It really brought home just how self-centered this gir really is & also showed her jealousy towards Caleigh. a very telling statement.

Sociopaths seem to never perform grief properly, they don't know what it feels like or how long they should pretend to be sad. Scott Peterson was the same, making a big Christmas dinner less than a day after Laci disappeared while other normal human beings frantically searched for her. We bore them with our feelings, to them we are a waste, a huge waste. This is what often leads to them being 'unpopular'; it's hard to be popular when you make people shudder. The killing and the stealing don't help matters either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV