Is one of the reasons Casey is "unpopular" (per Baez) because she is pretty?will re o

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec: unpopular? UNPOPULAR? I would say she was probably one of the MOST popular girls in Orlando until this whole mess started unfolding before the eyes of the public

I do not find KC that attractive, but at the same time, if Baez is complaining she isn't getting a fair shake because she is pretty, would he not be spouting the same garbage if she was less attractive?
I've heard defense lawyers go on about socio-economic status as a reason for not getting a fair trial (and I agree with this one), I've heard race having an issue (I agree with this one), but if you are too pretty or too ugly you don't get a fair trial?

I guess only the "average" people win? Unreal, this guy is a dolt.

:waitasec: unpopular? UNPOPULAR? I would say she was probably one of the MOST popular girls in Orlando until this whole mess started unfolding before the eyes of the public

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Let's stay on topic here, please. Thanks!

Is one of the reasons Casey is "unpopular" (per Baez) because she is pretty?

Her looks have nothing at all to do with my feelings about her. My loathing for her began when I listened to the jail tape and heard this:

Family friend. "If anything happened to that baby, I'll die..." She's chocking on her sobs.

KC responds, "Oh well."

Chilling.

I even listened again to make sure I heard right. I sat stunned and blinking back tears. And I thought then, that even if KC was innocent of killing Caylee, KC was certainly unworthy of that precious baby.

IMO - Casey is unpopular, but it has nothing to do with her looks. Yes, a lot of people "dislike" her, because of her actions, and the actions of her family.

Often when we meet people we "dislike", we simply need more information to understand them, and "like" them. For example, I have a friend I go to the dog park with. She said one day - that guy over there, he's always sullen and never friendly. I used to say hello but he just looked at me. I said "that's my neighbor. He's a sweet guy, a school teacher, but he was in a very bad accident and was thrown from the vehicle, suffering a traumatic head injury. He's still recovering and has very flat emotions. It isn't "you" he isn't smiling at. Mortified? Yes, of course.

But the more we find out about Casey, her actions from Day 1 of Caylee's "disappearance", and listen to what she has to say, or doesn't say, the more we dislike her. And we dislike her for what we believe she has done. For me at least, it has nothing to do with her looks at all.

Her looks have nothing at all to do with my feelings about her. My loathing for her began when I listened to the jail tape and heard this:

Family friend. "If anything happened to that baby, I'll die..." She's chocking on her sobs.

KC responds, "Oh well."

Chilling.

I even listened again to make sure I heard right. I sat stunned and blinking back tears. And I thought then, that even if KC was innocent of killing Caylee, KC was certainly unworthy of that precious baby.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. That tape does it for me every time. The complete and utter lack of concern about Caylee, the rudeness to her family and friends who are trying to help, the sarcasm and anger she displays, the "arrested on a whim" statement - add that to her perp smirk walk - oh yeah - she's unpopular! And this was before the public learned of her utter and blatant self-centeredness while lying to and stealing from friends and family. I really hope that recording is played for the jury during the trial.

Something else that gets me every time? The cowardice of her family in dealing with her bullying head-on. Yep, let's make her favorite meal of salmon patties and peas on her first day out on bond after being arrested for the murder of our granddaughter. I cannot even fathom what is going on in this family's mind during this time.

Just gauging physical attractiveness according to the standards used every day in our society, Casey is an attractive girl. Pre-prison, she kept her hair in cutesy styles, she dressed neatly and she appeared to be a clean, hygienic individual who obviously took care of herself. She was physically fit and toned, and had an attractive body. She looked good. I don't think she is a 10 either, maybe a 7 or an 8...but regardless, just strictly on what Americans generally speaking would consider an attractive individual, Casey ain't half bad...

But there is that other thing...that horror thing...and THAT dulls the beauty and makes the attractiveness a moot point...it is actually a strike against her. Pretty girl like that, and from a well enough off family, what possible logic can it be for her to murder her baby and toss her out on the side of the road? Americans cannot make that gel-pretty woman murders baby...Strike against her.

(snipped)
(bolding above by me)

I agree. I think what you state above (bolded) is a definite factor as to why this case has stirred so much interest.

I don't think she's unpopular, as Baez implies, because people are jealous of her ( that is really just so junior high). However, I do think the fact of her being pretty/attractive goes against her because (as you say) people can't grasp it.

Bad enough for any mother to kill her own child. But for a girl-next-door, all-American looking type girl to do it just makes it all the more unfathomable to people. Most of us were raised on fairy tales where the princess was "as beautiful as she was kind and good" blah, blah, blah. I do think, as the first post asked, that it's harder to accept that a pretty, healthy, young, middle - class girl murdered her baby than it would be to accept from someone less attractive, less advantaged, etc.

I think her good looks make it harder to feel sorry for her - to an extent. She should have, and could have, had everything going for her, nice-looking, young, supportive family, etc. And look what she chose to do with these advantages.

P.S. MOO-and I'm not saying this was the main factor, though I do believe it is a factor. There are other factors too: 31 days, how beautiful Caylee was, the media attention (Caylee and KC are both photogenic IMO), the ridiculous lies, GA and CA's antics, etc., etc.

yeah, there was absolutely no need to say that. It really brought home just how self-centered this gir really is & also showed her jealousy towards Caleigh. a very telling statement.

Maybe you're confusing Caylee, with Haleigh Cummings? It's Caylee.

Baez stated at least twice in open court yesterday that KC is "unpopular". He stated this when he argued that a 600+ dollar forgery/fraud charge would be treated differently... were it someone else's crime --instead of unpopular Casey Anthony's.

Here is something that I hope deserves it's own thread...KC definitely is a sensation. If you can imagine her much older and perhaps homely..do you think that she would be treated differently? Do you think one of the reasons for her unpopularity (aside from the demise of her beautiful daughter) also has to do with KC's attractiveness? It is a valid question.

Talking about physical attractiveness only - KC is one of the homeliest young women I have seen in a while. IMO, her lack of physical beauty does not affect what I see in her as a suspect.

She killed her baby. She can get a nose job and a jaw re-alignment later...

Another reason I think KC is unpopular is on her phone call home from jail in July she states to her friend that "All everyone cares about is Caylee" and as that statement is coming from her mouth you can almost hear KC's brain clicking...."and that is all I care about, too." An afterthought. She's not fooling anybody with that statement. jmo

That video clip, along with CA's public behavior is what sucked me in. The unbelievable gall of these two literally captivated me - in a really sick way, like those horrible abused animal commercials that I want to turn off but can't because of the innocence.....Caylee was the innocence and those two were just repulsive. KC was an attractive girl, whose looks have already been replaced by prison pallor. Furthermore, KC is no longer the prettiest sick mother out there, little Benjamin's mother is a true beauty with no heart or soul. She will leave the media goign "KC who?" until trial......Kc's not even the most attractive child murderer out there at the moment - what a sad sad tale that is.

Not to be rude, but Casey is not that attractive. She isn't "ugly" but she definately isn't one of the "beautiful people".

People are drawn to this case because it was SO crazy. 30 days till anyone reports the baby missing, the insane lies ( I still just can not believe she bluffed her way through the entrance of universal studios, led police down a hallway towards an office and then turned around and said "ok, I lied" ), George and Cindy's questionable behavior at times ("Smells like there's been a dead body in there / It's a pizza!") It is all just something unheard of, and lost in all of the chaos lies a beautiful baby girl that was murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV