Is Terri's arrest imminent?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KC was charged and arrested for murder, Oct 14 2008, Caylee was found dec 11, 2008

Lying to investigators is. She's already talked to them. One lie and they can arrest her at their leisure for it, when it suits their investigation.

Lying is not illegal, most criminals do lie at first, because nobody wants to go to jail. Otherwise, half the people in the country who were ever questioned about a crime would be in jail.
Obstruction of justice is a bit more complicated than lying, and it is extremely hard to prove in a court of law, so I understand. I heard some experts on t.v. a while back talking about this, and I believe the subject was Cindy A. giving the wrong hairbrush to LE. They said that they would have to prove that it was intentional and deliberate. How are they going to prove what was in someone's mind?

If LE had proof that Kyron was dead, they might make an arrest. I think that is what they are truly lacking here; they don't appear to have proof of anyone leaving with Kyron never to be seen again, or that might be enough. They need one or the other.

I'm not saying she is innocent, I'm sure she has some involvement, but I think they should take their time and get it right. They only have one shot at this, (if Kyron is dead) and there is always the possibility that he is alive out there somewhere.
I just can't wrap my mind around her deliberately killing the child... what was the motive? I'm more inclined to think she just sold him.
But there is still the possibility that someone else took him, and she really didn't do anything to harm him. Doubtful, but still...... you never know.
I swear though... if something doesn't break in this case pretty soon... I'm swearing off missing kids cases forever. This is SO heartbreaking!!

If LE cannot prove that she left with Kyron that day... or unless they find Kyron... I do not see where they have probable cause to arrest her. All the speculations from the family and the dirty little secrets they keep throwing out is not sufficient evidence of murder.
Women and men have affairs. They send naked pics to each other. They text each other with sex stuff all the time. Most of them are not murderers.
The murder for hire thing was 7 months ago and did not include Kyron... only Kaine. It does not prove she harmed Kyron or even wanted to.
Sorry, but that's the long and short of it. Without the evidence, they don't have a case. Their timeline hinges on what time she left the school, and what time Kyron was last seen, with or without Terri. Apparently, they have not nailed that down yet. So..... is an arrest imminent? I don't think so. I could be wrong, though.
God, please let Kyron come home soon!

NO they HAD NO EVIDENCE at that point, she lied to police and that is why was arrested the first time. She took them on a wild goose chase...
Her mother and brother and the car was proof that she was lying.

Casey was arrested on July 16th on charges of child neglect. On or about August 5, she was charged with one felony count of child negelect.

Casey went to jail in the first place on check fraud charges. LP bailed her out, she got nasty, and he revoked his bail money. There she sat until the murder charges.

Hope I got all that K rect.

Nope. See above post. Arrested on felony child neglect, 7/16, it's a matter of public record. Check fraud charges did not come until later.

First they have to know that she committed a crime. So far they cannot. Even by whatever computer/phone/electronics they have, which may have been proven to be manipulated or just simply not there. If they have anything, this chocking a perp out is not a proper LE method. They have nothing. They would arrest for the first cell call, email, instant message, anything that alluded to any of the news accusations at this point. Long gone to jail if any truth to them. Legal point of view. IMO.

She could easily go to Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Cambodia, even China as a teacher. She has actual teaching credentials and she is a native English speaker, a potent one-two whammy in most of Asia, where almost everyone wants their children to speak fluent English.

If she doesn't speak Thai, Vietnamese or whatever, that is actually regarded as a bonus by employers because it guarantees that she will not waste any time teaching in the native language. Parents want their children to learn as close to unaccented or a regional accent of English as they can.

Potent enough that a work visa, even under the current circumstances, would probably not be a problem.

And the money is good. Very good.

I looked into this once upon a time since I hold multiple citizenships. Even if I were only a US citizen, the requirements were easy to meet.

Conditions have undoubtedly changed in many of the countries but some things never really change, if you see what I mean.

Oh god, you just made me think of John Mark Karr, or his new female identity.

well i think they can arrest Teri for child neglect also and attempted kidnapping and murder for hire.

In order to arrest someone you have to have probable cause that a specific crime has been committed. What is the evidence that would support a charge of child neglect, attempted kidnapping and murder for hire against Terri? The landscaper's word is insufficient. Plus, you have that pesky detail that he never reported it to LE until they came a-knockin' on his door. That Terri showed up at the gym asking to be notified when her daughter was there is not enough to support an attempted kidnapping charge--especially since she is the child's mother and was not aware of the restraining order at the time (kidnapping is a specific intent crime). Child neglect re Kyron? According to Terri and others she left him at the school. That is all we know. Polygraph evidence is inadmissible and can't support a charge--and we don't even know what questions she showed deception on.

In order to arrest someone you have to have probable cause that a specific crime has been committed. What is the evidence that would support a charge of child neglect, attempted kidnapping and murder for hire against Terri? The landscaper's word is insufficient. Plus, you have that pesky detail that he never reported it to LE until they came a-knockin' on his door. That Terri showed up at the gym asking to be notified when her daughter was there is not enough to support an attempted kidnapping charge--especially since she is the child's mother and was not aware of the restraining order at the time (kidnapping is a specific intent crime). Child neglect re Kyron? According to Terri and others she left him at the school. That is all we know. Polygraph evidence is inadmissible and can't support a charge--and we don't even know what questions she showed deception on.

everyone seems to leave out one small detail... Kaine automatically had an emergency restraining order until he had time and a business day to go to the court in front of the judge. so when she went to the gym there was a restraining order in effecct.....

well i think they can arrest Teri for child neglect also and attempted kidnapping and murder for hire.

Right, there is no way that Terri Horman or the Landscaper "Hit man" will ever spill the beans unless they are pressured. LE needs to pressure these 2. I'd think texts or emails should be enough to put one of them in jail for now and work from there.

everyone seems to leave out one small detail... Kaine automatically had an emergency restraining order until he had time and a business day to go to the court in front of the judge. so when she went to the gym there was a restraining order in effecct.....

But that's simply not true. No RO was yet filed at the time she went into the gym.

I feel certain that if they had text messages that mentioned the murder for hire plot, that would be considered enough evidence to charge her. What we have heard is that there may have been text messages to the landscaper that were similar to the ones sent to MC, meaning "sexy" ones perhaps, but not criminal.

They can hardly hard her with neglect for leaving her child at school, where he belongs, unless they can prove she didn't.

I have a problem with motive, and the area and manner of his disappearance.. If TH wanted to dispose of Kyron, there would have been many better ways to do it, if it were a pre-planned crime.,he could have disappeared on a trip to Disney, or a family camping trip. He could have met with an accidental accident that would result in fatal injury-I think it would be much easier to arrange a fall off a trail, or out of a boat on a river, then a school disappearance. A 'false' kidnapping on a family trip would be much easier to pull off, especially if there were an accomplice. If premeditated-there are so many other ways that would have been far easier and less risky in terms of being observed. She could not have been sure Desiree or Kaine would not get a call from the school, and she could not be sure someone would not have seen her leaving. If an accident occurred, which she is covering up-I don't think a 4-5 hour time span would be enough time to completely cover up, clean up and resume care of baby K, and not leave some clue, residue or evidence LE could easily pick up. In a panic, under stress-there surely would have been SOME mistake made-even a small one would lead to her downfall.

because of manner, motive and evidence, I don't see an arrest being imminent.

She took care of this child for at least 6 years, and by all accounts in the first few weeks, did a good job. She appeared to be a loving caring stepmom. Kyron appears to be happy, and well cared for. There may have been 'warning' signs, as we are hearing now-none confirmed however-and obviously there were NO signs obvious enough for anyone to remove Kyron from her care. Everyone was satisfied, no one was saying 'hey, we need to get the child away from her'. Even allowing for Kaine to be in a comfortable state of denial, there were other people in the lives of this family, and I don't believe any of them had concerns for the safety and/or care of the children-(grandparents, gym, church,( if they went), friends and school. I just don't see anything that clearly gives me a reason of WHY... Even allowing for post partum, I just don't see her snapping on the day of the Science fair, or thinking she had the perfect set up for the perfect crime.

???

Even his own attorney says this happened prior to service. I don't see where there was an 'automatic' restraining order in place before a judge ordered it so; I'm not sure such a thing even exists.

I think the person has to at least be made aware that a RO has been issued against them to be in violation of it. That is why they serve these documents in person, as a rule.

Here's what I don't get -- Supposedly the ro hadn't been issued yet. She claims to have been blind-sided about it and Kaine moving out, right? That means she knew nothing of the divorce or Kaines knowledge of the m-f-h plot and the affair accusations. In her mind all was well, right? Why was she sneakily looking for him at the gym and asking to be notified when he was there? If she had no ill-intentions, then just what exactly was she doing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back