Is there anyone that believes Ross is innocent?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this..Just because I'm different I guess..If mom worked from home why would you need daycare? Most moms work from home so they wouldn't need it.
Just my own opinion ..would have loved to have worked from home so I could watch my own child when they was young!

My SIL works from home and she said she needs no distractions. She is constantly on the phone and checking emails, on her computer etc. She puts her daughters in daycare. She told me that she gets up and gets ready like she's going OUT for work, like it's a normal day, but works from home. She said she doesn't even turn the TV on and rarely puts on background music. She's very focused on her work.

Regarding the careseat- I posted this before but I'll post it again. My brother is a certified installer. He had to take a 40 hour class just to learn to properly install carseats! I asked him what would happen if someone put a toddler into a rear facing infant seat on the lowest setting. He told me that he was surprised they got the baby in AT ALL. He also said if the child struggled he would think they would have significant bruising because the straps would just be SO tight.

I don't understand this..Just because I'm different I guess..If mom worked from home why would you need daycare? Most moms work from home so they wouldn't need it.
Just my own opinion ..would have loved to have worked from home so I could watch my own child when they was young!

They made a mistake here. Mom didn't work FROM home, Mom was a registered dietitian who worked for a HOME HEALTH AGENCY and did home visits to help people with illnesses learn about their nutritional needs (like diabetics, etc).

The more I follow cases tomorrow I think of defense and how they will prrsent it.

I have never had a child but I have seen that most people strap their children into their car seats incorrectly. Again and again it comes back my Facebook feed an articles.

I think that the defense attorney can spin this one....

that most people do such and that will give Reasonable Doubt so that is not significant in this case..

Defense attorneys take each separate thing.... and try to give each thing Reasonable Doubt... and this is one which could be with Statistics to back it up...

Ross told the detectives how he knew all about Cooper's car seat and had done research to make sure it was a safe seat and how to properly use it.

The car seat was an infant seat and Cooper was too big for the seat to begin with, but Ross had the straps on the lowest setting - the one used for newborns. Cooper would have been very tightly strapped in.

Defense can't argue this one, because LE has Ross on video bragging about how he knew all about the car seat.

Are you saying they had just bought a forward-facing seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had a larger, forward facing car seat. Ross said they'd put it in LH's car when she took a trip home to Alabama, and they hadn't switched it back into his car yet.

No parent goes 7 hours without thinking of their child. Sorry. I don't buy it.

I believe there are cases where it is truly accidental. The woman who was a vice principal is one example. In her mind, the baby was at daycare. She had driven to the daycare that morning, but arrived slightly too early to drop off the baby. So she went to buy donuts for staff for the first day of school. She was preoccupied by thoughts of school and when she got back in the car she drove to school instead of back to daycare.

I'm sure she thought of her daughter several times throughout the day but in her mind, the child was safely at daycare as usual. So it's not necessarily a matter of forgetting the child exists, it's more about your mind on auto-pilot not realizing something is different.

I drive one of my daughter's classmates home after school. Once in a while another classmate who lives in that same area will ask for a ride. It takes me about 5 min to get from school to the turn for the one I don't usually give a ride to. Even as all the girls are talking in the back seat, I have driven past the turnoff for that girl numerous times, and have to circle back after dropping off the other girl. I just go into automatic mode. I'm usually thinking about what I'm going to fix for dinner and what needs to be done when we get home.

Obviously that's not a dangerous situation because I'm not going to forget she's in the car! But I can see how it could happen with a baby, especially if the baby falls asleep.

Ross, on the other hand, drove to work rather than driving to the daycare which was his usual routine. In less than 2 min after leaving CFA. And Cooper was 2; probably pretty chatty if he was like my kids at that age. So I don't believe him that he "forgot".

Agreed, I might have been inclined to believe it had he not searched for "child-free" life, looked pissed in the photo where Connor was placed on him. I believe there was a life-insurance motive, and the drive wasn't long enough to forget him. But the clincher for me was the straps on the too-small car seat that was used, when they had just bought a bigger,proper sized one. This clearly points to intentionality for me!
I have really been torn on this case. If I knew he intentionally did this act, allowing a baby to die slowly in that heat, I would not lose 1 minute of sleep pushing the syringe putting Ross to death. But there are possibilities it was sort of an accident. I can see how he could quickly forget. I say that as I have a terrible memory requiring electronic device memory help often. I can see your opinion on too tight of child seat straps too tight and is a major consideration. But, conversely, several witnesses report Ross greatly loved his child. I can't believe any loving father would choose this slow brutal means to kill his child. A passerby could have heard a crying Cooper and dissolved Ross' plan if this was his plan. If he intentionally did this i think Cooper's mom would know and wouldn't be so vocal in defending Ross. Again, I am so torn and see this tragedy happening way too often. It's been too long and I cant even recall the charge. Was it 1st degree or 2nd degree? with all his texting of pics and distractions, I could find him guilty in 1 second of some form of neglect charge. But, I can't imagine what it would be like to sentence an innocent father for many yrs when he was a loving dad that allowed his immaturity and little head to put little Cooper in harms way. The totality of all evidence doesn't look for Ross though.
On another side note. I hope no one ever searches through my internet search files :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Thats_About_Right.jpg
    Thats_About_Right.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 250
I change my mind about his guilt or innocence every time I read this thread. I would be terrible on the jury in this case.

I change my mind about his guilt or innocence every time I read this thread. I would be terrible on the jury in this case.
I am right there with you. I think my swaying is based upon the most recent opinions posted that refresh my memory. But, with that said, if I were a juror listening to all facts in a 10-14 day span I feel I would probably be prepared to vote guilty in deliberations...especially if the charges were manslaughter rather than a premeditated 1st degree charge.

I have really been torn on this case. If I knew he intentionally did this act, allowing a baby to die slowly in that heat, I would not lose 1 minute of sleep pushing the syringe putting Ross to death. But there are possibilities it was sort of an accident. I can see how he could quickly forget. I say that as I have a terrible memory requiring electronic device memory help often. I can see your opinion on too tight of child seat straps too tight and is a major consideration. But, conversely, several witnesses report Ross greatly loved his child. I can't believe any loving father would choose this slow brutal means to kill his child. A passerby could have heard a crying Cooper and dissolved Ross' plan if this was his plan. If he intentionally did this i think Cooper's mom would know and wouldn't be so vocal in defending Ross. Again, I am so torn and see this tragedy happening way too often. It's been too long and I cant even recall the charge. Was it 1st degree or 2nd degree? with all his texting of pics and distractions, I could find him guilty in 1 second of some form of neglect charge. But, I can't imagine what it would be like to sentence an innocent father for many yrs when he was a loving dad that allowed his immaturity and little head to put little Cooper in harms way. The totality of all evidence doesn't look for Ross though.
On another side note. I hope no one ever searches through my internet search files :)
attachment.php

He went back to the car at lunch, opened and shut the door....THEN drove away at the end of the work day before 'discovering' his dead son. That says it ALL for me.

attachment.php

RSBM

A child neglect conviction will likely result in a felony murder conviction. Harris has been charged with felony murder as well as malice murder. Unlike malice murder, which requires intent, felony murder refers to a death that occurs during the commission of another felony. In the case of JRH, the other felony is second-degree child cruelty. Second-degree child cruelty simply requires criminal negligence, not willful intent. In Georgia, "criminal negligence is an act or failure to act which demonstrates a willful, wanton, or reckless disregard for the safety of others who might reasonably be expected to be injured thereby." In order for the prosecution to prove that JRH committed felony murder, they only need to prove that JRH showed a reckless disregard for Cooper's safety.

While I think that proving intent and malice beyond a reasonably doubt will be nearly impossible (I am not expecting to see a conviction of malice murder and first-degree child cruelty), it will be equally hard for the defense to show that JRH didn't show a reckless disregard for Cooper's life if for no other reason than Cooper died "under" Ross's care. I suspect that he will be found guilty of second-degree child cruelty, which would also lead to a felony murder conviction.

As mentioned in other posts, JRH was allegedly distracted by his texting. It's precisely for that reason that his actions are likely to be considered criminally negligent. Rather than looking after Cooper and dropping him off at daycare, he was paying attention to his phone. He was less concerned with the blood flowing to his brain and more concerned with the blood flowing to other parts of his body.

I would vote GUILTY! When one becomes a parent, your lifestyle changes, unless you are wealthy and can afford to hire outside help.

Due to JRH's outside dalliances, his heart and actions in the marriage and parenting are a mockery. His profession of christianality was due to following his wife's wishes. IMO. The marriage may have started on a faith based belief, but somewhere JRH took a different path.

Unfortunately, each summer there are too many children dying just like Cooper. One child is one too many. I have not followed statistics, however, IIRC, seldom is a parent charged with anything. JRH's Internet search, his deviations from normal morning routine, the lunchtime visit to his car, and his telephone activities all clearly added to the police suspicions that this was far more than an accident.

My opinions only.

PS Lets hope we are not given another hung jury!

I am leaning guilty, too. As a parent, I've been too tired to function, but you still have to function. I can see the danger of forgetting something important, even your baby, in that frame of mind. But he had the energy to text and sext. He wasn't overtired. I'm not sure it's much different than doing drugs, at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think the statements and actions of RH after the event are what will hang him, not what he was doing all day. That just makes it easy to dislike him.

I personally think the statements and actions of RH after the event are what will hang him, not what he was doing all day. That just makes it easy to dislike him.

That and the fact that the daycare is right there where they just ate breakfast and he was interacting with his son... and told him he 'loved him' while buckling him into a too small, too tight carseat. jmo

That and the fact that the daycare is right there where they just ate breakfast and he was interacting with his son... and told him he 'loved him' while buckling him into a too small, too tight carseat. jmo

My main opinion throughout the case is that Ross meant to drop off Cooper at daycare, but since he was running late (again), he thought he'd make a quick appearance at work and then bring Cooper to daycare. He planned to leave Cooper just for a few minutes, imo. I don't think it was the first time - I suspect Ross had left Cooper in the car in the past and his wife knew that.

Once he was inside the office, Ross got distracted by his nasty texting habit and forgot Cooper in the car. I think he remembered Cooper either before lunch or at lunch, and then spent the afternoon figuring out how to make it look like an accident. If he had fessed up at that point, I think people would believe it was an accident.

But, he tried to cover it up and faked the "discovery" in the parking lot. That was a dumb move, imo, and indicates he knew he had been neglectful.

He's definitely guilty of neglect that caused his son's death. Absolutely. It was not an "accident," but neglect.

Did he intend to kill his son.....that's where I have doubts.

jmopinion

My main opinion throughout the case is that Ross meant to drop off Cooper at daycare, but since he was running late (again), he thought he'd make a quick appearance at work and then bring Cooper to daycare. He planned to leave Cooper just for a few minutes, imo. I don't think it was the first time - I suspect Ross had left Cooper in the car in the past and his wife knew that.

Once he was inside the office, Ross got distracted by his nasty texting habit and forgot Cooper in the car. I think he remembered Cooper either before lunch or at lunch, and then spent the afternoon figuring out how to make it look like an accident. If he had fessed up at that point, I think people would believe it was an accident.

But, he tried to cover it up and faked the "discovery" in the parking lot. That was a dumb move, imo, and indicates he knew he had been neglectful.

He's definitely guilty of neglect that caused his son's death. Absolutely. It was not an "accident," but neglect.

Did he intend to kill his son.....that's where I have doubts.

jmopinion

I agree with this,thank's! I fully believe that there are some (not all) men who can be that distracted and forgetful.I am suprised there are not more children strapped in car seats riding on the roof of the car.I am not trying to be funny or joke.

I would like to be on the jury to make a decision based on the evidence presented. My grandson, age 3, was once left in a car during a kids' basketball game. Fortunately it was during a mild winter day, so no overheating or freezing. Still a very scaring incident for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic