Is there anyone that believes Ross is innocent?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Research this case more and you will see it is one of those carefully disguised murders- made to look like an accident, so it will engender public sympathy. He didn't want to be a father, he researched "child-free" life, didn't love his wife, was sexting with younger girls, and there was life-insurance payout as well. He had plenty of motive.
I agree. There was no 'hysteria' involved on the part of the prosecution when they brought theses charges. :moo:

Research this case more and you will see it is one of those carefully disguised murders- made to look like an accident, so it will engender public sympathy. He didn't want to be a father, he researched "child-free" life, didn't love his wife, was sexting with younger girls, and there was life-insurance payout as well. He had plenty of motive.

Plus, he had just finished eating breakfast with the boy minutes earlier. Too soon to "forget" he was there.

I have read cases of accidental - and I personally do not believe this is one of them. Yes, I believe that a parent can be stressed, pre-occupied, life happens, and they make a fatal mistake. I do believe that the mom in St.George accidentally left her child in the car. Yes, I believe many of the stories of parents that accidentally leave their child in the car.

But, I do not believe that accidental was the case here. His actions that day were cold and calculated. IMVHO :moo:

I thought this was going to be a poll, I would be interested to see what most people vote for.

I have been too terrified to post here but I believe it was an accident.I really don't want to go into my reasons and will leave it at that.

I have been too terrified to post here but I believe it was an accident.I really don't want to go into my reasons and will leave it at that.
Why are you terrified? We can discuss it, we don't bite.

I believe the opposite, but I'm interested in your thoughts. I *want* it to be an accident.

I do not care to have my post picked apart and I do not want to debate my reasons with anyone.Try to be open to my thoughts on this.
First I hope not to offend any men and I am not a man hater. You know the stereotypical man that can not remember anything you say 2 minutes after you say it? Now I am not talking about telling them to take out the trash or put the toilet seat down,I mean more important things. I know men that are so wrapped up in work or themselves that they have no clue about other people or social clues. It can be work, sports,video games,or sex. These types of men are easily distracted when it comes to themselves or something that gratifies their personal needs.I think Ross is this type and even though he just ate with his son who is not high on his priority list, he only had the thought of going to work and satisfying his sexual needs. He easily forgot him trying to get to work and sexting other women.He has only had a son for a short amount of time and most likely cared for mostly by his mother so not used to having children.Ross has worked most of his life and used to this routine duty.
1.self centered 2.new to parenting 3.short attention span 4.easily distracted 5. immature.
Please know that this is not all men and hope I did not offend anyone.I have written this several times and have a hard time explaining my point so none of this may not make sense,sorry!

I do not care to have my post picked apart and I do not want to debate my reasons with anyone.Try to be open to my thoughts on this.
First I hope not to offend any men and I am not a man hater. You know the stereotypical man that can not remember anything you say 2 minutes after you say it? Now I am not talking about telling them to take out the trash or put the toilet seat down,I mean more important things. I know men that are so wrapped up in work or themselves that they have no clue about other people or social clues. It can be work, sports,video games,or sex. These types of men are easily distracted when it comes to themselves or something that gratifies their personal needs.I think Ross is this type and even though he just ate with his son who is not high on his priority list, he only had the thought of going to work and satisfying his sexual needs. He easily forgot him trying to get to work and sexting other women.He has only had a son for a short amount of time and most likely cared for mostly by his mother so not used to having children.Ross has worked most of his life and used to this routine duty.
1.self centered 2.new to parenting 3.short attention span 4.easily distracted 5. immature.
Please know that this is not all men and hope I did not offend anyone.I have written this several times and have a hard time explaining my point so none of this may not make sense,sorry!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I understand what you're saying. I agree he was distracted by the sexting, no question.

For me it's a compilation of factors that add up to intentional. Little things that in and of themselves wouldn't be red flags, but put all together and they become a flashing red beacon.

No parent goes 7 hours without thinking of their child. Sorry. I don't buy it.

if the reason that he didn't 'remember' his son was because he was so distracted by sexting, and immature thoughts, then he still deserves to be punished, in my opinion. He was a grown man, in charge of his young child. He has no right to allow himself to be 'distracted' by sexting minors instead of thinking about the vulnerable child in his care.

That is like saying that it is not his fault if his son toddled out into the street or fell into the pool, because Dad was so distracted by a video game or a Tinder App. That is not a legal or valid excuse to avoid criminal charges, in my opinion. That is criminal neglect and manslaughter if the reason one cannot remember 3 minutes later than your son is in your car, is because you ate distracted by sending a picture of your member to a teen girl. Not a valid excuse, in my opinion. And not a true accident like one in which a man works a night shift, takes a child to day care unexpectedly, and spaces out and forget due to over work and routine change. I feel sorry for that kind of INNOCENT accident.

ETA: not at all directed at you Cuffem. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Was it Ross who was the one to drop off Cooper every morning? I can 't remember :/

Was it Ross who was the one to drop off Cooper every morning? I can 't remember :/
IIRC, yes. It was actually a company run daycare at his work (home depot). I think his wife worked from home a lot.

ETA. Harris would take Cooper to daycare in the mornings. The couple would split picking the boy up in the afternoons. Mom worked from home.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I understand what you're saying. I agree he was distracted by the sexting, no question.

For me it's a compilation of factors that add up to intentional. Little things that in and of themselves wouldn't be red flags, but put all together and they become a flashing red beacon.

Agreed, I might have been inclined to believe it had he not searched for "child-free" life, looked pissed in the photo where Connor was placed on him. I believe there was a life-insurance motive, and the drive wasn't long enough to forget him. But the clincher for me was the straps on the too-small car seat that was used, when they had just bought a bigger,proper sized one. This clearly points to intentionality for me!

Are you saying they had just bought a forward-facing seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, yes. It was actually a company run daycare at his work (home depot). I think his wife worked from home a lot.

ETA. Harris would take Cooper to daycare in the mornings. The couple would split picking the boy up in the afternoons. Mom worked from home.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

I don't understand this..Just because I'm different I guess..If mom worked from home why would you need daycare? Most moms work from home so they wouldn't need it.
Just my own opinion ..would have loved to have worked from home so I could watch my own child when they was young!

Agreed, I might have been inclined to believe it had he not searched for "child-free" life, looked pissed in the photo where Connor was placed on him. I believe there was a life-insurance motive, and the drive wasn't long enough to forget him. But the clincher for me was the straps on the too-small car seat that was used, when they had just bought a bigger,proper sized one. This clearly points to intentionality for me!

The more I follow cases tomorrow I think of defense and how they will prrsent it.

I have never had a child but I have seen that most people strap their children into their car seats incorrectly. Again and again it comes back my Facebook feed an articles.

I think that the defense attorney can spin this one....

that most people do such and that will give Reasonable Doubt so that is not significant in this case..

Defense attorneys take each separate thing.... and try to give each thing Reasonable Doubt... and this is one which could be with Statistics to back it up...

I don't understand this..Just because I'm different I guess..If mom worked from home why would you need daycare? Most moms work from home so they wouldn't need it.
Just my own opinion ..would have loved to have worked from home so I could watch my own child when they was young!
Well, if you are busy with work it's difficult to watch the child, especially a toddler.

Well, if you are busy with work it's difficult to watch the child, especially a toddler.

Well maybe but I raised 2 18 months apart and they played with toys for hours you had to feed them when hungry yes. But I love to cook so I put THIER toys where I could see them from the kitchen ... I got a lot done while they played !

if the reason that he didn't 'remember' his son was because he was so distracted by sexting, and immature thoughts, then he still deserves to be punished, in my opinion. He was a grown man, in charge of his young child. He has no right to allow himself to be 'distracted' by sexting minors instead of thinking about the vulnerable child in his care.

That is like saying that it is not his fault if his son toddled out into the street or fell into the pool, because Dad was so distracted by a video game or a Tinder App. That is not a legal or valid excuse to avoid criminal charges, in my opinion. That is criminal neglect and manslaughter if the reason one cannot remember 3 minutes later than your son is in your car, is because you ate distracted by sending a picture of your member to a teen girl. Not a valid excuse, in my opinion. And not a true accident like one in which a man works a night shift, takes a child to day care unexpectedly, and spaces out and forget due to over work and routine change. I feel sorry for that kind of INNOCENT accident.

ETA: not at all directed at you Cuffem. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Perfectly said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member