Is this the basis for the Zanny story?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Spangle...

These writers should have there story's checked over by someone(editor) in their company to make sure all facts are correct before the article is put out there. It's annoying to read facts that aren't correct.

Respectfully Quoted Cayleefan :)
ETA: I just realized the original quote came from Spangle. I am sorry Cayleefan and Spangle. Thank you, Spangle! :)
BBM & Underlined by me.

"It's annoying to read facts that aren't correct." THANK YOU! Thank you. This is the understatement of the millennium...again TNX. :blowkiss:

I knew when I posted this, the author was incorrect regarding their information but I think this type of thing should be called to people's attention. I didn't know it was covered in the lawyer's thread, thank you AZlawyer! :)

Having the internet means being able to check into information for yourself. Journalists should use it more(the internet)and know that most people check more than one source if they want any kind of real understanding of any situation/story. Thank goodness! I enjoy when I see on WS, incorrect information-corrected. WS is a haven for me because I must have facts! :)

:twocents:

I have subscribed to Newsweek for 20 years, so I wrote to them yesterday to let them know their reporter is an [unusual person] lol.

I had to put in that [unusual person] part so that JBean didn't have to come along and do it for me. :innocent:

Slightly OT to the thread, but, FYI, FWIW.

Just a couple of weeks before that article, a different Newsweek writer (Suzanne Smalley) specifically gave WS a nice nod. :thumb:

"Now, when I cover any high-profile crime, I make sure to check out Web Sleuths, an Internet forum for armchair detectives who analyze cases and post court filings."​

Link to the + article: http://www.newsweek.com/2010/05/18/no-headline.html

Here's the thread discussing that article so as not to drive this one further OT:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104999"]Newsweek reporter gives Websleuths a pat on the back - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member