Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

In pictures: Aftermath of strike in Rafah​

These pictures have reached us from Getty - showing the aftermath of a strike on buildings around Rafah, in the south of the Gaza Strip.

Wafa, the official Palestinian news agency, has today reported that a number of people were killed and others injured.

For weeks, the Israeli military has warned civilians to move to southern areas of the Gaza Strip for their safety - though that region has still come under bombardment.

View attachment 461732
Getty Images

View attachment 461733
Getty Images

View attachment 461735
Getty Images

Thanks for posting these photos. It helps put a face to abstract things. I'm wondering why we keep seeing photos of only men and boys. The only video and photos (that I've seen) that have shown women and girls was taken of large groups evacuating. We're told half the population is under the age of 18, but that's not what I'm seeing in these photos. I know several children have died, but still....just an observation, and jmo.

22 min ago

IDF defends al-Shifa raid, says reporters ‘impatient’ for evidence​

“This is a long military operation … I’m sorry I don’t meet the timeline of your news,” he said. Hamas “did a very good job in hiding their capabilities,” he added.

Hecht said Israeli forces had sent “military assets” into tunnels they found but could not yet share findings.

The bodies of two hostages found in the area were in the vicinity of the hospital,” he said, “I think they were across the road from the hospital.”

Hecht said that during his visit Thursday, he could see the Qatari-built wing of the hospital. “There’s still some lights there, there’s still people in there,” he said. “We are aware that the situation is dire.”

1 hour ago

Israel sees Hamas military systems ‘starting to fail,’ official says​

“We are starting to see that the command-and-control capabilities of different units are failing,”

We see small units are starting to fight on their own however they can, without being able to get specific orders from their commanders,”

But the official cautioned that the signs of stress military analysts were beginning to detect in Hamas systems did not indicate that the IDF was close to fulfilling its stated goal of eliminating Hamas as a threat.

1 hour ago

Video: Palestinians in Gaza flee south through destroyed city​

Video footage taken Wednesday shows Palestinians in north Gaza fleeing south through rubble and destroyed buildings as they held up ID cards.

Last edited:
Just for clarification, these are my feelings on the subject of peace and hate (again). The videos contained in the link are the words of Hamas leaders from 2009 and 2019 (10 years of calling for death to Jews/infidels). And, from a poll recently shared by another poster it was clear that the majority of Palestinians support Hamas. I would love to know... how can anyone civil, loves humanity, and claims to be pro-peace actually support the Gaza-living Palestinians and their leaders???

The children were missing from your support list. They are dying like the others <modsnip>...

Last edited by a moderator:
“In one incident, police said suspects riding in three cars were waving Israeli flags and started yelling anti-Palestinian remarks at three men walking on 86th Street near 4th Avenue in Bay Ridge at around 11:30 p.m.

“It happened hours after a 34-year-old man holding a Palestinian flag was attacked in Williamsburg, police said.”
Yikes....

- Williamsburg has a very concentrated Hasidic Jewish population.

- The 86th Street near 4th Avenue in Bay Ridge may have a noticeable Muslim concentration (a nearby area does, but I dont know how far that concentration extends).

In the end, it looks like both groups (flag waving pro Palestinian in Williamsburg and flag waving Pro Israelis around Bay Bridge) might be "cruising"- either looking for victims or trying to provoke the other side.

The Pope will meet on Wednesday with relatives of the abductees held captive by Hamas and with a delegation of Palestinians, who have relatives in Gaza. "With these meetings, which are of a purely humanitarian nature, Pope Francis wants to show his spiritual closeness to the suffering of both," the Vatican spokesman said.

IDF fighter jets and combat helicopters carried out airstrikes against Hezbollah sites in southern Lebanon this evening, in response to repeated missile and rocket attacks on northern Israel.

The IDF says the targets included infrastructure belonging to the terror group, command centers, and observation posts.

A rocket was also fired at the Mount Dov area this evening, causing no injuries. The IDF says it shelled the source of the fire with artillery.

25% oppose.

Eta
A total of 75% of respondents agreed with the October 7 attack to any extent.
This poll was taken November 14, 2023 while Gaza was under attack by Israel.

The response is not surprising, IMO. Gazans are watching their homes destroyed and thousands of children killed by Israel. What can one expect?

Last edited:
Was the poll taken while Gaza was under attack by Israel?

If so, that likely impacted the results. How could it not, while Gazans are watching their homes destroyed and thousands of children killed by Israel.
Yes.

... according to a November 14 poll by the Arab World for Research and Development.

ETA: It would be interesting to compare these poll results to those prior to Oct 7 (if they exist).

Last edited:
2m ago / 11:47 AM PST

IDF says it has taken a Palestinian Islamic Jihad outpost​

[...]

IDF spokesperson Daniel Hagari said it destroyed the Al Burkan outpost, "eliminated the terrorists who were there" and "collected all the infrastructure."

NBC News did not independently verify the IDF's claims.

Hagari also said the IDF is continuing to deepen its operation at Al-Shifa Hospital.

"Today we located more underground infrastructures and collected every piece of information about the abductees," he said, not specifying where these underground infrastructures were found.

Hagari said "the battle in Gaza is complex and requires time."

"We are determined and continue to destroy, kill terrorists and eliminate everything that remains of the infrastructure of the Hamas organization," he said.

51sec ago

Jewish high school in Toronto receives bomb threat hours after Vaughan JCC targeted in similar manner

Police in Toronto have launched an investigation after a bomb threat was made to the Tanenbaum Community Hebrew Academy this morning, CTV News reports.

The threat does not appear to be substantiated but the school has been evacuated as a precaution, police say.

The head of the Jewish high school informed parents in an email that the threat involved a claim that “explosive devices had been planted” at the site.

This comes hours after another bomb threat was made targeting a Jewish community center in Vaughan, Ontario, CTV News says.

The children were missing from your support list. They are dying like the others <modsnip>
These children? Screen grabs from the documentaries I linked to in this thread.IMG_7814.jpegIMG_7816.jpeg

Someone else said it’s disgusting that kids are in Israeli prison. We have prisons for kids in the US: Detention centers. I would not want kids like this living next door to me. Doesn’t matter what part of the world they are from—kids expressing interest in commiting violent acts are not good. Jmo.

IDF fighter jets and combat helicopters carried out airstrikes against Hezbollah sites in southern Lebanon this evening, in response to repeated missile and rocket attacks on northern Israel.

The IDF says the targets included infrastructure belonging to the terror group, command centers, and observation posts.
One interesting source in You Tube said that the Israelis and Hezbollah can follow a sort of gentleman's agreement regarding attacks and counter attacks:

- Hezbollah bombards Israel to impress Hamas and Iran. But... the missiles and shells are usually (key word) aimed at open fields or "non mans land" type places. People, however, still get killed.

- Israel strikes back, but usually just hits hill tops that might have observations posts, or woods that might have a command post. Of course, people still get killed.

Even when not under attack they want "Death to Jews/Infidels" how is this civil, pro-peace, pro-humanity??
The poll being quoted here was taken November 14, 2023, at least the one I saw.

Though maybe it wouldn’t make a difference— there has been so much mistreatment of Gazan citizens, IMO.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> As a humanitarian, pro-peace lover I choose not to support an extermination, especially one that includes children. To me it is unconscionable to consider any child expendable. I'm appalled at the thought.

One interesting source in You Tube said that the Israelis and Hezbollah can follow a sort of gentleman's agreement regarding attacks and counter attacks:

- Hezbollah bombards Israel to impress Hamas and Iran. But... the missiles and shells are usually (key word) aimed at open fields or "non mans land" type places. People, however, still get killed.

- Israel strikes back, but usually just hits hill tops that might have observations posts, or woods that might have a command post. Of course, people still get killed.
I don't know, Cryptic. Nothing I've learned about Hezbollah screams "gentlemanly" to me. MOO

As a humanitarian, pro-peace lover I choose not to support an extermination, especially one that includes children. To me it is unconscionable to consider any child expendable. I'm appalled at the thought.

But, the Palestinians who support their leaders who for 75 years declare "death to Jews/Infidels" is okay? I'm trying to understand. The Hamas-led attack on innocent Israelis on 10/7 is okay?? How is death to Jews/Infidels across the world humanitarian and pro-peace??? Is it humanitarian to promote HATE and death to a religion/race for 75 years??

ETA: Somehow bitter hatred of a people based on religion/heritage/race for 75 years, and who raise their children in the thought of hate and death... isn't even HUMAN. imo

Last edited:
10:10 pm

TV: Police probe of Re’im massacre shows terrorists didn’t know about party in advance

An armed Hamas terrorist walking around the Supernova music festival, near Kibbutz Reim in the Negev desert in southern Israel on October 7, where terrorists from Gaza massacred hundreds of people. (SOUTH FIRST RESPONDERS / AFP)
An armed Hamas terrorist walking around the Supernova music festival, near Kibbutz Reim in the Negev desert in southern Israel on October 7, where terrorists from Gaza massacred hundreds of people. (SOUTH FIRST RESPONDERS / AFP)

Channel 12 now publishes what it says are fuller details of the initial investigation by the Police Southern District into the Hamas massacre at the Re’im music festival, near Kibbutz Re’im, on the morning of October 7.

The full death toll was 364 — including 17 police officers — and 40 people were abducted. Some 4,000 people were reportedly at the event.

The investigation concluded that the terrorists did not know in advance about the party, contrary to previous reports and widespread belief, Channel 12 says. The police reached this conclusion partly on the basis of questioning of captured terrorists, and also because they did not find maps on the bodies of dead terrorists directing them to the outdoor event; in the cases of other massacres that day, the terrorists carried maps specifying their targets.

The TV report says the terrorists only realized a major event was happening in the Re’im area after the police began dispersing partygoers because of the wider Hamas invasion, and only then did they head toward it.

An armed Hamas terrorist leads a man at the Supernova music festival, near Kibbutz Reim in the Negev desert in southern Israel on October 7, where terrorists from Gaza massacred hundreds of people. (SOUTH FIRST RESPONDERS / AFP)

[...]

The report concludes that, as far as the investigation can establish, including on the basis of the questioning of captured terrorists, “had there not been a [substantial] police deployment at Yad Mordechai,” some 30 kilometers further north, “the terrorists would have been on their way to Rishon LeZion in 30 minutes, and in Tel Aviv in 40 minutes. And we would have been in a completely different story.” It does not give further details to explain this assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper