Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you enlarge the graphic, I believe you can see two marked generators on the grounds.

**Assuming my link works - I don't seem to be very adept when posting these, sorry :(
Thank you for posting this. I see three emergency generators.

I'm reading, no links so JMOO, that IDF is targeting a particular building. I didn't realize there were so many buildings in this complex. I wonder which one they are fighting in.

1m ago

A spokesperson for the Ministry of Health in Gaza has told Al Jazeera that Israeli forces are searching the basement of the al-Shifa Hospital.

Although I'm appreciating the updates, I'm wondering why we're being given a play-by-play of "special ops"...hmm.

3m ago

Here is our full report on the latest developments in Gaza:

Israel’s military has said it was carrying out a raid against Hamas in al-Shifa hospital early on Wednesday, conducting what it called a “precise and targeted operation against Hamas in a specified area” of the medical complex.

Less than an hour earlier, around 1am local time, a Gaza health ministry spokesperson said Israel had told officials in the territory that it would raid the hospital complex “in the coming minutes”. Al-Shifa is Gaza’s biggest hospital.

Dr Munir al-Bursh, director-general of the Gaza health ministry, told Al Jazeera television that Israeli forces had raided the western side of the sprawling site. “There are big explosions and dust entered the areas where we are. We believe an explosion occurred inside the hospital,” Bursh said.

IDF says it has entered Gaza’s al-Shifa hospital in ‘targeted’ operation against Hamas
Read more

3m ago

Here is our full report on the latest developments in Gaza:

Israel’s military has said it was carrying out a raid against Hamas in al-Shifa hospital early on Wednesday, conducting what it called a “precise and targeted operation against Hamas in a specified area” of the medical complex.

Less than an hour earlier, around 1am local time, a Gaza health ministry spokesperson said Israel had told officials in the territory that it would raid the hospital complex “in the coming minutes”. Al-Shifa is Gaza’s biggest hospital.

Dr Munir al-Bursh, director-general of the Gaza health ministry, told Al Jazeera television that Israeli forces had raided the western side of the sprawling site. “There are big explosions and dust entered the areas where we are. We believe an explosion occurred inside the hospital,” Bursh said.

IDF says it has entered Gaza’s al-Shifa hospital in ‘targeted’ operation against Hamas
Read more

IED's maybe?

They're best bet for these wee ones is to put them skin to skin with an adult (chest to chest and with a blanket wrapped around them (wrapped around the adult and infant). I have not idea how many babies they have though. Has anyone seen a number?
36, but I noticed they're all tube fed. I worked with Newborns and mostly Level 1 NICU. Tube feeding everyone is a sign of being very short staffed. 30 minutes to bottle feed vs 5 minutes to tube feed.

As the precise and targeted operation in the #AlShifa compound is conducted, it’s important to understand that this is #Hamas modus operandi. For 16 years they have been building their terrorist infrastructure, intentionally using Gaza health facilities as command and control centers, places to hides and after the October 7 attack maybe even hiding hostages. The terror tunnel network is without a doubt the most expensive construction project ever conducted in Gaza, at the expense of the people, not for the people.

now

The Associated Press reports that after four failed attempts, the UN Security Council is trying for a fifth time to come up with a resolution on the Israel-Hamas war, but it remains to be seen whether serious divisions can be overcome to produce a consensus on wording.

The current draft under negotiation would demand “immediate extended humanitarian pauses” throughout the Gaza Strip to provide civilians with desperately needed aid. It also would demand that “all parties” comply with international humanitarian law that requires protection for civilians, calls for special protections for children, and bans hostage-taking.

But the draft, proposed by council member Malta and obtained on Tuesday by The Associated Press, makes no mention of a ceasefire. It also doesn’t refer to Hamas’ surprise attack on Israel on 7 October that killed around 1,200 people and took some 240 others hostage. Nor does it cite Israel’s retaliatory airstrikes and ground offensive in Hamas-ruled Gaza that the Gaza health ministry says has killed more than 11,000 Palestinians, two-thirds of them women and children.

Several council diplomats said the opposing sides were getting closer. Two said that a vote on the latest draft could come as early as Wednesday but that delegations were still checking with their capitals. The diplomats insisted on speaking anonymously because the negotiations are supposed to be private.

Murdered peace advocate was 'always smiling'​

1700021174489.jpeg
Israel Foreign MinistryCopyright: Israel Foreign Ministry

Canadian-Israeli peace advocate Vivian Silver, 74, has been confirmed to have been killed in Hamas's 7 October attacks, after initially thought to have been taken hostage.

She co-founded the Women Wage Peace group, which lobbied for a diplomatic resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and helped found Ajeec-Nisped - the Arab-Jewish Center for Empowerment, Equality, and Cooperation.

Kher Albaz, an Israeli Bedouin who worked alongside her, tells BBC World Service she "lived in equality" and used to drive injured Palestinians from the Gaza Strip to Israeli hospitals.

"She was a real human being, her view on life was very positive, she was always smiling and looking for ways to make people feel better, always looking for ways to make sure people felt accepted and felt good," he says.

He adds he felt like he has lost a member of his family and says our way of dealing with that loss would be to keep doing the work she had dedicated her life to.

Although I'm appreciating the updates, I'm wondering why we're being given a play-by-play of "special ops"...hmm.
Dr Mokhallalati at Shifa told Al Jazeera..."We're more worried about our patients than the Israelis". He was also really tired.
He cut the interview short. You could hear a bunch of shelling. He said he's in one building and the Israelis are in another. I believe he said the Israelis were in the ER.

I hope the updates are more of the after the fact things, but I guess we never know. Now with reporters everywhere and people having phones and instant sharing abilities, we could be getting the play by play and that definitely puts IDF at risk. Part of the reason I wish there wasn't so many reporters or "reports" coming out with the hour by hour accounts of exactly what is happening. It likely puts civilians more at risk also when IDF can't operate without their movements being blasted every minute.

Vandalized Anne Frank mural sparks outrage in Milan​

Murals by contemporary artist aleXsandro Palombo addressing antisemitism were defaced with pro-Palestinian messaging.​

The first mural, situated in the central Piazza Castello, depicted Frank crying while holding the Israeli flag. It was intended as a symbol against antisemitism. However, within 24 hours of its unveiling, the mural was vandalized and covered with large "FREE GAZA" writings. The second mural, located in the Porta Nuova Project area, portrayed the Warsaw Ghetto Boy with raised hands, a symbol of the Holocaust. Sadly, this mural too was defaced, erasing the child entirely.

"These artworks were meant to send a powerful message against antisemitism and hatred," said Palombo, expressing his disappointment over the vandalism of his artwork.

It’s about 6:30 AM now in Israel. The time of day that Hamas first invaded homes and the festival to do the devil’s work.

I long to see all the hostages released from their dungeons and brought safely home to Israel. I long to see Hamas forever extinguished.

I hate it, but I’m somewhat pessimistic. We’ve been getting dribs and drabs about several hostages who have since been killed.

If any of the hostages are still with Hamas under this hospital, I really don’t expect Hamas to leave them there while they themselves try to escape. IMO it’s more likely each terrorist would emerge with a gun to the head of a hostage, or a knife at their throats, in order to prevent the IDF from taking Hamas down.

I actually feel that it’s even more likely, given that we’ve seen evidence of one of the dungeons where hostages had been present but are no longer there, that some Hamas members led the hostages far, far away through those tunnels into places unknown. If they are even still alive.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. I would love the new day dawning to bring forth living hostages and dead terrorists. Followed by a new generation of Gazans that are no longer subject to terror indoctrination from kindergarten on.

JMO

It’s about 6:30 AM now in Israel. The time of day that Hamas first invaded homes and the festival to do the devil’s work.

I long to see all the hostages released from their dungeons and brought safely home to Israel. I long to see Hamas forever extinguished.

I hate it, but I’m somewhat pessimistic. We’ve been getting dribs and drabs about several hostages who have since been killed.

If any of the hostages are still with Hamas under this hospital, I really don’t expect Hamas to leave them there while they themselves try to escape. IMO it’s more likely each terrorist would emerge with a gun to the head of a hostage, or a knife at their throats, in order to prevent the IDF from taking Hamas down.

I actually feel that it’s even more likely, given that we’ve seen evidence of one of the dungeons where hostages had been present but are no longer there, that some Hamas members led the hostages far, far away through those tunnels into places unknown. If they are even still alive.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. I would love the new day dawning to bring forth living hostages and dead terrorists. Followed by a new generation of Gazans that are no longer subject to terror indoctrination from kindergarten on.

JMO
Israel and US are convinced that many hostages are alive, so, I’m keeping sane by repeating that to myself. Former head of the Mossad was interviewed yesterday. Here is his interview.

“Hamas only holds some 150 Israeli hostages and the Islamic Jihad around 30. The rest are held by Palestinians who had crossed the border on Oct 7 and returned home 'with a pet Israeli' in tow“ Rami Igra, former Mossad chief of hostage rescue, tells @laura_i24

1m ago
Palestine’s Hamas-affiliated news agency Shehab says that Government media has responded to the warning, saying, “We hold the occupation and the United States responsible for the safety of medical personnel, the wounded, and the displaced.”

RSBM,

This is rich coming from Hamas. Last week when discussing tunnels they stated that innocent Palestinians and thier protection was "the UNs responsibility".

Tonight it's Israel and the USs.

Anyone's but theirs. That highlights exactly what got us here folks.

With their ever-changing opinion and toal disregard, empathy and care for their own innocent people's, I'm just going to #whatever and /ignore anything further that the Hamas Political Wng and the Hamas Gazan Government Wing (and their respective subordinate entities) have to say. They have obviously absoved themselves of any wrongdoing.

Hope to see their butts at the ICC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member