Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many slaves died during the civil war? Some say "hundreds of thousands of slaves freed during the Civil War died from disease and hunger after being liberated"

I mean, close to 4 million people were in fact "displaced", and the North had no arrangements for them.

I can't help but draw comparisons, should the North have just let the South succeed? Then each "Country" could live in Peace?

How many slaves died during the civil war? Some say "hundreds of thousands of slaves freed during the Civil War died from disease and hunger after being liberated"

I mean, close to 4 million people were in fact "displaced", and the North had no arrangements for them.

I can't help but draw comparisons, should the North have just let the South succeed? Then each "Country" could live in Peace?

Guardian should have written about it’s countries past.

Snipped.

Britain’s slave trade truly kicked off in the mid-seventeenth century, as between 1640 and 1807, Britain captured and transported an estimated 3.1 million Africans to the Americas.

1hr ago

IDF says 3 suicide drones, 25 rockets launched by Hezbollah from Lebanon in past hour

The Israel Defense says some 25 rockets and three suicide drones were launched by Hezbollah from Lebanon at multiple locations along the border in the last hour.

Several of the rockets were intercepted by the Iron Dome, while others landed in open areas.

The three explosive-laden drones hit an IDF post on the border.

The IDF says there are no injuries in the attacks, and it is responding with artillery shelling at the sources of the fire.

The IDF also says that earlier it struck a Hezbollah cell planning to carry out an anti-tank missile attack from the Lebanese village Marwahin, and fighter jets, combat helicopters, and tanks struck other Hezbollah sites in southern Lebanon in response to the repeated attacks on northern Israel.

48min ago

Communal dining hall at Kibbutz Be’eri opens for 1st time since Oct. 7 massacre

Forty-five days after the October 7 massacre, the communal dining hall at Kibbutz Be’eri reopens for the first time.

Kibbutz Be’eri was one of the hardest-hit communities when some 3,000 terrorists breached the Gaza border and rampaged through communities, massacring some 1,200 people and kidnapping around 240, while committing unimaginable acts of brutality and cruelty.

Over one hundred people were slaughtered at the kibbutz, with dozens more kidnapped and taken to Gaza as hostages.

Kibbutz member Miri tells the Kan public broadcaster that it was very special to see the images of the dining room being used again at Be’eri.

In overnight Israeli airstrikes in the Gaza Strip, fighter jets struck and killed three Hamas company commanders, following intelligence information on their whereabouts provided by the Shin Bet and Military Intelligence Directorate, the IDF says. Footage shows recent IDF strikes in Gaza.

Footage shows extensive damage at the Biranit army base in northern Israel following a Hezbollah rocket attack from Lebanon.

A picture circulating online shows troops of the IDF's Nahal Brigade at the Gaza Strip's main courthouse, after capturing the site.

I still can't believe I'm actually being asked questions, "Is it possible they were simply being transported for medical attention"? They were dragged at gunpoint.

The intellectual somersaults that people are prepared to make to deny Hamas' atrocities are truly impressive.

It took @WHO a total of 37 days to finally agree to facilitate the evacuation of the Shifa Hospital, despite Israel's repeated call to act to protect patients.

Their inaction only helped Hamas and endangered Palestinain civilians, as well as the hostages we now know where being held in the hospital.

They should have acted so much sooner. They must now speak out against Hamas.

As the world celebrates #WorldChildrensDay , 40 children are being held hostage by terrorists in Gaza.

Children who had to watch their families murdered before their eyes.

Children who had their innocence ripped away from them.

Children who are still held hostage by savage butchers.

We will continue to operate until they all return home.

40 children.jpg
Israel Defense Forces on X

Jordan, in coordination with Egypt, has sent equipment for a Jordanian field hospital to meet medical needs in southern Gaza Strip.

Israel is coordinating and facilitating humanitarian initiatives together with the intl community in order to improve the medical response in Gaza.

cogat.jpg

I see Eylon Levy frequently used as a resource here. IMO it’s important to remember what his position is and what his bias is likely to be.
Per Linked in:

Eylon Levy​

Israeli Government Spokesman​

Office of the Prime Minister of Israel University of Cambridge​

More below:

“Amid concerns about Israel's perceived significant communication gap within the political sphere, the Prime Minister's Office has recently appointed three spokespersons specifically tasked with engaging foreign media since the onset of the war. Among them is Mark Regev, the former ambassador to London and previously the spokesperson for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on international media matters.”​

“and the third is Eylon Levy, a British-born graduate of both the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge. Levy, who is highly involved in advocating for Israel, also serves as a host on a prominent news network.”​

27min ago

IDF: We questioned 300 terror operatives, others from Gaza willingly providing intel on Hamas

The IDF’s Military Intelligence Directorate’s Unit 504 — which specializes in HUMINT (human intelligence) — has questioned a total of some 500 Palestinians and has made millions of calls to civilians to evacuate northern Gaza since the beginning of the fighting in the Strip.

Dozens of Arabic-speaking Unit 504 soldiers are on the ground in the Gaza Strip, alongside the combat units, carrying out field interrogations and providing intelligence to forces. Unit 504 has doubled its personnel amid the fighting, and established a new sub-unit specifically for southern Israel.

[...]

It says that the terror operatives and suspects provided the interrogators with the locations of Hamas tunnel networks and weapons depots, as well as detailing the terror group’s methods of operation, including their use of human shields.

[...]

The IDF publishes three videos showing detainees detailing to Unit 504 interrogators Hamas’s use of hospitals for terror purposes. The men describe how they hid at Shifa and Rantisi hospitals, the Red Cross building, and other medical centers, while Hamas used the sites to fight against the IDF.

Unit 504 also has sources in the Gaza Strip that have been providing information that is translated into intelligence for the ground forces.

We received thousands of phone calls from [Palestinians willing to provide information] at a magnitude never before seen in the unit. It is evident that the residents of the Gaza Strip are not satisfied with the barbaric behavior of Hamas, the ordinary citizen understands that Hamas is bringing a disaster on the residents of Gaza that will be difficult for them to recover from,” the senior officer adds.

As part of the IDF’s efforts to evacuate Palestinians from northern Gaza amid the ground offensive, Unit 504 has made more than 30,000 calls, sent more than 10 million text messages, and more than nine million recorded messages to Gazan civilians. The IDF has also dropped some four million leaflets warning Palestinians of the dangers of staying in northern Gaza.

[...]

I see Eylon Levy frequently used as a resource here. IMO it’s important to remember what his position is and what his bias is likely to be.
Per Linked in:

Eylon Levy​

Israeli Government Spokesman​

Office of the Prime Minister of Israel University of Cambridge​

More below:

“Amid concerns about Israel's perceived significant communication gap within the political sphere, the Prime Minister's Office has recently appointed three spokespersons specifically tasked with engaging foreign media since the onset of the war. Among them is Mark Regev, the former ambassador to London and previously the spokesperson for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on international media matters.”​

“and the third is Eylon Levy, a British-born graduate of both the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge. Levy, who is highly involved in advocating for Israel, also serves as a host on a prominent news network.”​

What is really required is for independent scrutiny of all claims and counterclaims to be carried out.

The IDF are in the hospital and can safely arrange this. Particularly as they have the original plans of the Israeli designed and built facility.

I still can't believe I'm actually being asked questions, "Is it possible they were simply being transported for medical attention"? They were dragged at gunpoint.

The intellectual somersaults that people are prepared to make to deny Hamas' atrocities are truly impressive.

It took @WHO a total of 37 days to finally agree to facilitate the evacuation of the Shifa Hospital, despite Israel's repeated call to act to protect patients.

Their inaction only helped Hamas and endangered Palestinain civilians, as well as the hostages we now know where being held in the hospital.

Evidence is clear, well documented, some hostages were taken to Shifa. moo

Given the amount of involvement with Hamas leaders and relationships established thru years of humanitarian support....

Will WHO, UN, and Red Cross press Hamas for information on the health, safety and well being of the hostages?
Moo ....

The IDF are in the hospital and can safely arrange this. Particularly as they have the original plans of the Israeli designed and built facility.

RSBM:

I can appreciate your doubtful thoughts, however when faced with the truth regarding 'the hospital', it appears as though HAMAS itself (by capture) and the citizens of Gaza have reported that in fact it is true! See above, post by @PommyMommy.

"The men describe how they hid at Shifa and Rantisi hospitals, the Red Cross building, and other medical centers, while Hamas used the sites to fight against the IDF."
MOO and Peace

27min ago

IDF: We questioned 300 terror operatives, others from Gaza willingly providing intel on Hamas

We received thousands of phone calls from [Palestinians willing to provide information] at a magnitude never before seen in the unit. It is evident that the residents of the Gaza Strip are not satisfied with the barbaric behavior of Hamas, the ordinary citizen understands that Hamas is bringing a disaster on the residents of Gaza that will be difficult for them to recover from,” the senior officer adds.

RSBM. The bolded part is very encouraging!

The limbs of the late soldier Sergeant Yonatan Samo who fell in the battle in the Gaza Strip saved 6 people:
"He gave me the right to chase after my one and a half year old child"
In the hospital his mother listened to the beating heart of her son who had been transplanted by the father of 4 and said: "There is a lot of comfort in seeing life after his death"

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpeg
    IMG_1153.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1
668 is a valid number for a poll. It is small, admittedly.

The real numbers are the differences between 2.3 million people vs 25,000 people.

Why do 25k people have so much power and control over 2.3 million citizens---unless there is support for them?

Makes me think Hamas is more popular with the people than some like to believe.
I think many of those 25,000 likely have wives, children, parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc. We saw the reaction of the parents of one HAMAS fighter when he told them what he had just done.. elation, celebration, cheering him.. ugh So I'd say many of those 25,000 have at least 3-4 or more family members that support them.

BBM - I have to disagree that it's impressive.. I think a better word is disturbing. I have some other words that come to mind also. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member