Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1min ago

Communications minister proposes sanctions against Haaretz for ‘false propaganda’

Communications Minister Shlomo Karhi proposes a government resolution to halt any state advertising, subscriptions or other commercial connection with the Haaretz daily newspaper, due to what he describes is the left-wing publication’s “defeatist and false propaganda” against the State of Israel during wartime.

In a letter to Cabinet Secretary Yossi Fuchs, Karhi denounces Haaretz for its editorial stance on the war and proposes that the state not enter into any new commercial agreements with the newspaper, halt all advertising in it even if it has been paid for, and block any outstanding payments from being made.

[...]

The Communications Ministry has shut down the Lebanese al Mayadeen news channel associated with Hezbollah as a result, but has yet to shutter the Qatar-based Al Jazeera channel, the original target of Karhi’s regulations, in order not to antagonize the Qatari government as it serves as a mediator in hostage negotiations with Hamas.

More:

2 hr 17 min ago

Al-Shifa Hospital director reportedly arrested by IDF while evacuating.

Mohammad Abu Salmiya was detained for questioning "following evidence that the Shifa Hospital, under his direct management, served as a Hamas command and control center," the IDF said in a statement Thursday.

Abu Salmiya was reportedly arrested while evacuating from the the embattled Al-Shifa hospital as part of a convoy marshalled by the World Health Organization. In response to his arrest, the Hamas-run Ministry of Health in Gaza said it had suspended cooperation with WHO and said the United Nations "bears full responsibility" for his detention.

I knew it, stated several times ..
he held those poor, sick babies as a human shields, letting several die. Thought it was his ticket out of Gaza.

Happy dance !!! Karma for the babies.
Moo

Report: Director of Gaza’s Shifa Hospital arrested by IDF for questioning

“Doctor Mohammad Abu Salmiya was arrested along with several other senior doctors”
Is this the same Hospital Director that was present during the previously linked and intercept phone call regarding Hamas getting the last 600litres of fuel from the Shifa Hospital??

Perhaps the same one who failed to notify the ICRC (Red Cross) of hostages' presence in the facilty as required by the same Geneva Conventions that allow him to be deemed a "Protected person"?

…except when they tell you they will repeat 10/7 over and over and over. And the West is next. IMO
Yes, take their threats seriously.

But they also create their own slick videos, which portray themselves as victims etc. It's a drumbeat, not so much to appease the west, but to keep their support in Gaza. Their propaganda machine is intended to make the people of Gaza feel that they "can't live without Hamas". Some of it filters to the west via SM. .

Israel-Hamas war day 48:
Israeli army arrests director of Al Shifa hospital in Gaza.
Hamas cuts ties with WHO over hospital evacuation.
Hamas says 14,500 Palestinians killed since October 7 - 69% are children and women. Doesn’t clarify how many Hamas members killed
Israeli army says it struck more than 300 Hamas targets in past 24 hours
Qatar to announce exact time of Hamas-Israel ceasefire/hostage deal
UK Foreign Secretary visits Kibbutz Be’eri (Hamas massacre): “I have heard and seen things I will never forget.”
Netanyahu orders Mossad to assassinate Hamas leaders abroad

Yes, take their threats seriously.

But they also create their own slick videos, which portray themselves as victims etc. It's a drumbeat, not so much to appease the west, but to keep their support in Gaza. Their propaganda machine is intended to make the people of Gaza feel that they "can't live without Hamas". Some of it filters to the west via SM. .
If they spent half the time and effort on propaganda, half the time, effort and cash on terror…they could have spent it to better the life of the people of Gaza. To build infrastructure. Education system. Healthcare.

1min ago

Communications minister proposes sanctions against Haaretz for ‘false propaganda’

Communications Minister Shlomo Karhi proposes a government resolution to halt any state advertising, subscriptions or other commercial connection with the Haaretz daily newspaper, due to what he describes is the left-wing publication’s “defeatist and false propaganda” against the State of Israel during wartime.

In a letter to Cabinet Secretary Yossi Fuchs, Karhi denounces Haaretz for its editorial stance on the war and proposes that the state not enter into any new commercial agreements with the newspaper, halt all advertising in it even if it has been paid for, and block any outstanding payments from being made.

[...]

The Communications Ministry has shut down the Lebanese al Mayadeen news channel associated with Hezbollah as a result, but has yet to shutter the Qatar-based Al Jazeera channel, the original target of Karhi’s regulations, in order not to antagonize the Qatari government as it serves as a mediator in hostage negotiations with Hamas.
Haaretz is an Israeli newspaper. I read and source it frequently along with Times of Israel and Jerusalem Post.

It was founded in 1918, making it the longest running newspaper currently in print in Israel.

Or maybe is the universal language of communicating when multiple languages are involved ... aka ... aviation. It's possible too that whoever is doing the texting was also aware that the hostage was able to speak english thus assumed family members could too - they did after all get the phone number to text.

I also noted English during this tunnel video... the chalkboard shown was an English lesson (approx 1:16). Is English generally taught in Gaza schools or only in tunnels or both? I know many schools across the world teach English but in this instance... I'm puzzled. What are they planning to do with all this "English" knowledge once out of those stupid tunnels??

Last edited:

Israel had wanted the hostages to be handed over to the Red Cross before their transfer to Israel, while Hamas is now asking for them to be given directly to Egypt, the officials said. Israel has also asked that the Red Cross be given access to those hostages who remain in Gaza after the first exchange, something Hamas hasn’t agreed to.

RSBM,

IMO this 'want' by Hamas is so that they can remain undergrund undetected. Handing them over to the ICRC first as required by International Law would mean they'd have to emerge into the daylight in Gaza.

Allowing them to 'be given directly to Egypt' instead would allow Hamas to transport the hostages through their tunnel network directly into Egypt - all underground - and have them emerge in Egypt proper. Probably in a room of some Hamas supporter's home or business to suddenly 'walk free' in Egypt.

This is Hamas trying to cover and protect it's own butts at the expense of the hostages and accountability.

13 min ago

Qatar says it will receive lists of hostages and Palestinian prisoners to be released daily​

Qatar will receive a list with the names of hostages expected to be released by Hamas in a "day-by-day process," Qatari foreign ministry spokesperson Majed Al-Ansari said in a news conference Thursday.

Qatar will hand the names over to the Israeli intelligence service, Mossad, which will in turn hand over a list of Palestinian prisoners expected to be released to the Qataris, he added.

“Whenever we have both lists confirmed, this is when we can begin with the process of getting people out,” Al-Ansari said.

[...]

1min ago

IDF spokesman: More than 20 of rockets in Hezbollah barrage landed inside Lebanon

IDF spokesperson in Arabic Avichay Adraee comments on Hezbollah’s major barrage of almost 50 rockets toward northern Israel earlier today, saying that according to the army’s operational systems, over 20 of the projectiles landed short in southern Lebanon.

“The attack caused economic damages in the villages of Rmeish, Ain Ebel and Yaroun,” Adraee says in a statement.

RSBM,

IMO this 'want' by Hamas is so that they can remain undergrund undetected. Handing them over to the ICRC first as required by International Law would mean they'd have to emerge into the daylight in Gaza.

Allowing them to 'be given directly to Egypt' instead would allow Hamas to transport the hostages through their tunnel network directly into Egypt - all underground - and have them emerge in Egypt proper. Probably in a room of some Hamas supporter's home or business to suddenly 'walk free' in Egypt.

This is Hamas trying to cover and protect it's own butts at the expense of the hostages and accountability.
MOO I think you believe that Hamas still has tunnels in Egypt. I tend to agree. There has got to be a reason that they seem to still have an unlimited source of weapons.

I've tried researching it, but don't get any real answers. I know govt of Egypt has issues with rebel groups in the Sinai and that is one reason they don't want Palestinians.
Egypt flooded the Hamas tunnels and put a 60 foot underground barrier. However, I wonder if there is a wink and nod or Egpyt hasn't detected them? MOO

Is this the same Hospital Director that was present during the previously linked and intercept phone call regarding Hamas getting the last 600litres of fuel from the Shifa Hospital??

Perhaps the same one who failed to notify the ICRC (Red Cross) of hostages' presence in the facilty as required by the same Geneva Conventions that allow him to be deemed a "Protected person"?
Yup, in my opinion

RSBM,

I absolutely hate them.

EXCLUSIVE: A TalkTV investigation has unearthed footage of hate preachers in several UK mosques calling for Jewish people to be killed, amid the Israel-Hamas conflict.

BUMP

No comment without getting banned.

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CAN SAY THIS IS PEACEFUL WORSHIP?!

THIS IS HATE SPEECH AND THEY ARE CALLING FOR PEOPLE TO BE KILLED! IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT RELIGION A PERSON IS, CALL A SPADE A SPADE, THE FACTS ARE RIGHT HERE. NOBODY HERE CAN RATIONALLY CLAIM THIS IS PEACEFUL WORSHIP.

I FEAR FOR THOSE IN THE UK. HOLD THESE PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE FOR PROMOTING TERROR SPEECH!!!!

DISGUSTING AND SICKENING! AND I WOULD SAY THE SAME THING IF IT WAS ANY RELIGIOUS GROUP SAYING THIS!!

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE. NOBODY HERE CAN SAY THIS IS OKAY!!!!!

Israel-Hamas war day 48:
Israeli army arrests director of Al Shifa hospital in Gaza.
Hamas cuts ties with WHO over hospital evacuation.
Hamas says 14,500 Palestinians killed since October 7 - 69% are children and women. Doesn’t clarify how many Hamas members killed
Israeli army says it struck more than 300 Hamas targets in past 24 hours
Qatar to announce exact time of Hamas-Israel ceasefire/hostage deal
UK Foreign Secretary visits Kibbutz Be’eri (Hamas massacre): “I have heard and seen things I will never forget.”
Netanyahu orders Mossad to assassinate Hamas leaders abroad

I wonder what cutting ties with WHO actually means.

Is Hamas going to round up all the WHO workers and hold them as hostage?

Will WHO be allowed to continue to administer those injured?

Will WHO evacuate staff to protect their lives?

What about all the free aid and medical care ? It would be just like Hamas to deny the citizens of Gaza medical Care.

Waiting ... watching for a WHO response.

Betting dollars for doughnuts, WHO blames Israel.

All my opinion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members