Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
I have never dwelt on what blast injuries do to the human body but I did know enough to expect it to be horrific.

And it is.

Snip
Among the four confirmed deaths from the strike late Saturday was her 36-year-old brother, Hammam Alloh, a renowned physician who stayed in northern Gaza to help treat patients at Shifa Hospital, which has been encircled by Israeli troops for days.

He and many of his relatives were staying at his in-laws’ home near the hospital because they had nowhere else to go. And that’s where surviving family members found their bodies. One was disemboweled by the blast, two more buried in rubble, she said.

My understanding is that DNA is being collected for religious reasons. Such is the power of modern weaponry that sometimes there is nothing left of a person to bury.

Snip
In the course of the investigations following the barbaric Hamas attack, Zaka came to the shocking conclusion, according to a report by the N12 radio station, that not all the remains of victims who were slaughtered in their vehicles could be located or cleaned.

A large proportion of the victims' cars have bloodstains or ashes that are difficult or impossible to recover. It was therefore decided to bury the cars as a whole in order to preserve the peace of the dead as best as possible. The report said: "After consultation with the military rabbinate and the Chief Rabbinate, hundreds of vehicles will be buried throughout Israel in the coming days."

I have read descriptions of the alleged rape videos shared on social media. Which is a violation in itself if you think about it. Three in total I believe which are very graphic.
MSM as per what I have posted are giving a lot of thought about provenance and acting accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
7:00 am

Four-day ceasefire kicks in as nation holds breath for first release of hostages at 4 p.m.

With the clock striking 7 a.m., the four-day truce brokered by Qatar between Israel and Hamas has entered into effect.

The hours leading up to the temporary ceasefire saw rocket sirens triggered in Israeli towns bordering Gaza and reports of intense IDF shelling throughout Gaza, as the army looked to advance its mission against Hamas as much as possible in the final hours before the pause.

At 4 p.m., 13 hostages held in Gaza will be freed, followed by an undefined number of Palestinian prisoners from Israeli jails, according to Qatari mediators.

Over the next four days, at least 50 women and children are slated to be released, leaving an estimated 190 in the hands of Palestinian terrorists.

Over the same period, 150 Palestinian prisoners — mostly women and minors, some convicted of attempted murder — are expected to be released.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> When the first stash of weapons was found under a Mosque, no one realized that Boys Scout Centres, Hospitals, schools, UNWRA buildings, and homes contained weapons and tunnels. I didn't expect that there would be weapon stashes underneath their children's beds.

Hamas knows that Israel values life, so they count on soldiers looking at a child's bed and dismissing it as a place for guns. Hamas places their children's lives at risk in order to murder Israelis. Hamas don't think like we do, but they know enough to demand proof in addition to how rape victims were found and eye witness testimony. People outside of Israel want DNA evidence, knowing that rape is not a top priority at this time. Identifying the remains is the priority. IDF has been right so far, so I'm going to wait patiently for DNA results rather than doubt common sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch this important message from the IDF Spokesperson for Arab media, @AvichayAdraee, to the civilians of Gaza:

”The war is not over yet. The humanitarian pause is temporary. The northern Gaza Strip is a dangerous war zone and it is forbidden to move north. For your safety, you must remain in the humanitarian zone in the south.

It is only possible to move from the north of the Strip to the south via Salah al-Din Road. The movement of residents from the south of the Strip to the north is not allowed and dangerous.”

The temporary ceasefire between Israel and Hamas begins. Later today the first hostages will be released from the Gaza Strip.Unlike previous ceasefires, we did not see massive rocket attacks at the last second, which indicate Hamas's rocket capabilities have been reduced.

"Israel readies to lay down its weapons for delicate ceasefire in Gaza as IDF warns

'the war is not over yet':

World braces for the first 13 ♥️ hostages♥️ to be FREED by Hamas -

48 DAYS after they were taken in October 7 terror attacks."

I'm so emotional.
Ceasefire and hostages to be freed :)
What a miracle! ♥️

And I don't care that some call this miracle
"pandering to terrorists' wishes".
And letting hostages die.

JMO

7:35 am

IDF drops flyers telling Gazans not to return to Strip’s north as it’s still a war zone

The IDF has dropped flyers over Gaza warning residents not to returning to their homes in the Strip’s north since they are still war zones despite a four-day ceasefire that has kicked in.

Palestinian officials have been calling on displaced Gazans to return to their homes once the truce begins.

The IDF spokesperson in Arabic, Avichay Adraee, has similarly issued a statement telling Gazans the war isn’t over.

OCT 24, 2023
Kill, behead, rape: Interrogated Hamas members detail atrocities against civilians | The Times of Israel
[...]

Israeli security agencies published video footage Monday from the apparent interrogations of seven Hamas terrorists who were captured following the Palestinian terror group’s October 7 onslaught, in which they admitted they had been ordered to carry out atrocities against Israeli civilians.

In one video released by the Israel Defense Forces, a person whose face is blurred said that gunmen were given instructions to kill everyone they saw, including beheading victims and cutting off their legs.

“The plan was to go from home to home, from room to room, to throw grenades and kill everyone, including women and children,” he said. “Hamas ordered us to crush their heads and cut them off, [and] to cut their legs.”

He also said they were given permission to rape the corpse of a girl

[...]
How many bodies had heads cut off?

How do we know the interrogations were not coerced? Forced with the threat of violence? We don't.

I believe that is why the media is blurring the faces of the accused. "Given permission to rape the corpse of a girl" is one of the most ludicrous statements I've ever seen.

JMO

I just wanted to point out that the editor’s note at the beginning of the article you linked states this:
Editor’s note: The chief spokesperson of the Israel Defense Forces confirmed that rape and other atrocities were committed during the Oct. 7 terror attack in a televised statement Oct. 21, and other Israeli officials and civilian responders also described evidence of rape since this article was published.”

Thank you; I had read that and I followed the link to it.

Snip
Israeli officials and civilian first responders have told various news outlets over the last week that they have found clear evidence that the terrorists raped women, beheaded children and otherwise tortured many of the victims.

“We’ve seen dismembered bodies with their arms and feet chopped off, people that were beheaded, a child that was beheaded,” a reserve officer who is part of the military forensic teams autopsying bodies at an army base in Ramla told reporters. Rabbi Israel Weiss, a former chief rabbi in the IDF who is also working in Ramla, said many bodies showed signs of rape, according to Reuters.

Separately, a morgue worker for the military told the Daily Mail: “There is evidence of mass rape of so brutal that they broke their victims’ pelvis – women, grandmothers, children.”
Which was debunked in the article I posted.

The President was given this unverified information ... A White House spokesperson told the Forward that this assertion was based on a phone call earlier that day in which Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had told Biden that Israeli women had been “brutally raped and murdered.”

Forward is described as - JEWISH. INDEPENDENT. NONPROFIT.

7:35 am

IDF drops flyers telling Gazans not to return to Strip’s north as it’s still a war zone

The IDF has dropped flyers over Gaza warning residents not to returning to their homes in the Strip’s north since they are still war zones despite a four-day ceasefire that has kicked in.

Palestinian officials have been calling on displaced Gazans to return to their homes once the truce begins.

The IDF spokesperson in Arabic, Avichay Adraee, has similarly issued a statement telling Gazans the war isn’t over.

The Ceasefire in Gaza appears to be Holding with No Fighting reported since it began roughly an hour ago.

There were at least 2 Rockets which were launched from Gaza towards Southern Israel around 15 Minutes after the Ceasefire began, but these appear to have not been launched by Hamas.

Israeli Sources report that IAF Drones and Combat Aircraft have now Withdraw from the Airspace over the Gaza Strip due to the Ceasefire.

NOV 19, 2023
Israel investigates sexual violence committed by Hamas as part of October 7 horror | CNN
[...]

Women and girls caught in the rampage were brutalized sexually, as well as physically tortured and killed, witnesses to the aftermath say.

Police Superintendent Dudi Katz said officers have collected more than 1,000 statements and more than 60,000 video clips related to the attacks that include accounts from people who reported seeing women raped. He added that investigators do not have firsthand testimony, and it is not clear whether any rape victims survived.

[...]

The combat paramedic, who did not want his name published, said the girl on the floor was on her stomach. He had no doubt the teenager was raped, but he did not know if she died first.

“Her pants are pulled down toward her knees and there’s a bullet wound on the back side of her neck near her head,” he recounted.“There’s a puddle of blood around her head and there’s remains of semen on the lower part of her back.”
[...]

Rami Shmuel, an organizer of the festival, said he saw female victims with no clothes as he made his escape, and has no doubts about what happened.

“Their legs were spread out and some of them were butchered,” he told CNN.

He added that it appeared women were specifically targeted for sexual violence.

“Why didn’t they [take] clothes off men?” he asked. “Only women, only young girls, beautiful girls, why?”

[...]
And again IMO & IME ... where is the Voice of UN Women??!! :mad:

UNSCR 1325.

UN Women: What we do (see the "Peace & Security" portion)
UN Women supports women’s full and equal representation and participation in all levels of peace processes and security efforts. UN Women’s work on women, peace, and security is guided by 10 UN Security Council resolutions—1325, 1820, 1888, 1889, 1960, 2106, 2122, 2242, 2467, and 2493—and is bolstered by a number of related normative frameworks, which make up the broader women, peace, and security (WPS) agenda.

Contents of this page:

Women, peace and security resolutions​

• Resolution 1325 (2000) [S/RES/1325 (2000)] – Affirms the importance of the participation of women and the inclusion of gender perspectives in peace negotiations, humanitarian planning, peacekeeping operations, and post-conflict peacebuilding and governance.
  • Resolution 1820 (2008) [S/RES/1820(2008)] – Recognizes sexual violence as a tactic of war and a matter of international peace and security that necessitates a security response.
  • Resolution 1888 (2009) [S/RES/1888(2009)] – Strengthens efforts to end sexual violence in conflict by establishing a Special Representative of the Secretary-General and team of experts on rule of law and sexual violence in conflict.
  • Resolution 1889 (2009) [S/RES/1889(2009)] – Establishes indicators for the monitoring of resolution 1325 and requests the Secretary-General to submit a report on women’s participation and inclusion in peacebuilding.
  • Resolution 1960 (2010) [S/RES/1960(2010)] – Establishes a monitoring and reporting mechanism on sexual violence in conflict.
  • Resolution 2106 (2013) [S/RES/2106(2013)] – Stresses accountability for perpetrators of sexual violence in conflict, as well as women’s political and economic empowerment.
  • Resolution 2122 (2013) [S/RES/2122(2013)] – Positions gender equality and women’s empowerment as critical to international peace and security, recognizes the differential impact of all violations in conflict on women and girls, and calls for consistent application of WPS across the Security Council’s work.
  • Resolution 2242 (2015) [S/RES/2242(2015)] – Establishes the Informal Experts Group (IEG); addresses persistent obstacles in implementing the WPS agenda, including financing and institutional reforms; focuses on greater integration of the agendas on WPS and counter-terrorism and countering violent extremism; and calls for improved Security Council working methods on women, peace, and security.
  • Resolution 2467 (2019) [S/RES/2467(2019)] – Positions conflict-related sexual violence as firmly rooted in the broader women, peace and security agenda; stresses justice and accountability efforts; calls for support and protection to women’s civil society organizations; and calls for attention to the issues of children born of rape.
  • Resolution 2493 (2019) [S/RES/2493(2019)] – Calls for full implementation of all previous resolutions on women, peace and security; requests the UN to develop context-specific approaches for women's participation in all UN-supported peace processes; and urges Member States to ensure and provide timely support for the full, equal, and meaningful participation of women in all stages of peace processes, including in the mechanisms set up to implement and monitor peace agreements.
Building upon commitment to the women, peace and security agenda, the Security Council has further considered women, peace and security as a cross-cutting issue in its work and adopted thematic and country-specific resolutions relevant to the agenda. Read more about the Security Council’s work.

Reports of the Secretary-General on conflict-related sexual violence​

The Security Council adopted resolution (S/RES/1325) on women and peace and security on 31 October 2000. The resolution reaffirms the important role of women in the prevention and resolution of conflicts, peace negotiations, peace-building, peacekeeping, humanitarian response and in post-conflict reconstruction and stresses the importance of their equal participation and full involvement in all efforts for the maintenance and promotion of peace and security. Resolution 1325 urges all actors to increase the participation of women and incorporate gender perspectives in all United Nations peace and security efforts. It also calls on all parties to conflict to take special measures to protect women and girls from gender-based violence, particularly rape and other forms of sexual abuse, in situations of armed conflict. The resolution provides a number of important operational mandates, with implications for Member States and the entities of the United Nations system.

GENADs recording, reporting & seeking Justice for the victims. Speaking up and speaking out. Met with silence in this conflict.

And, they DO speak up and out. Here's just one example:

...Reports of sexual and gender-based violence are already surfacing. We fear that they will only grow more frequent. UN Women calls on all parties to ensure that no woman or girl is affected by these crimes, and on all actors to spare no effort to mitigate the increased risk. There must be no impunity and every instance of sexual and gender-based violence investigated and prosecuted without exception...

Last edited:
Thank you; I had read that and I followed the link to it.

Snip
Israeli officials and civilian first responders have told various news outlets over the last week that they have found clear evidence that the terrorists raped women, beheaded children and otherwise tortured many of the victims.

“We’ve seen dismembered bodies with their arms and feet chopped off, people that were beheaded, a child that was beheaded,” a reserve officer who is part of the military forensic teams autopsying bodies at an army base in Ramla told reporters. Rabbi Israel Weiss, a former chief rabbi in the IDF who is also working in Ramla, said many bodies showed signs of rape, according to Reuters.

Separately, a morgue worker for the military told the Daily Mail: “There is evidence of mass rape of so brutal that they broke their victims’ pelvis – women, grandmothers, children.”
Which was debunked in the article I posted.

The President was given this unverified information ... A White House spokesperson told the Forward that this assertion was based on a phone call earlier that day in which Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had told Biden that Israeli women had been “brutally raped and murdered.”

Forward is described as - JEWISH. INDEPENDENT. NONPROFIT.
So just to be clear, are you saying that the information in the following article (which is dated October 11 and contains a disclaimer stating that subsequent information made available may contradict information in this story):

…Debunks the information in this article (which is dated October 21 and contains more updated information citing numerous sources of evidence of sexual assault)?

It sounds like you are doubtful that sexual assaults occurred? Please correct me if I’m misunderstanding.

If they are in good shape, there will be hope that the rest are alive and well too.
Gaza has been demolished and many civilians perished. Like you I sincerely hope the hostages are alive and well but I think it will be a miracle if they all are and remain so.
This is the first stage in the process. Netanyahu has made it plain Israel will continue with the slaughter as soon as. That could be a game changer.
My opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member