Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel mixed about the releasing of info also.

On one hand, it's good because the truth of what is occurring is not portrayed in the nicey nice videos HAMAS wants us to see of them waving, hand shaking, etc. They have NOT cared for these hostages well and when the "world" just seeing the video of the release it might think oh see they didn't hurt them.

On the other hand, will the other hostages be harmed because these are speaking out? I don't know.. I think they have already been harmed. Some have been murdered, one was released in critical condition, one had surgery immediately after release.. I mean HAMAS had no good intentions with them in the first place. Maybe it'll keep them safer if HAMAS really wants to use them to make deals.
IMO The government has no control over what the hostages and their families say to the press. If it did, they wouldn’t allow all the anti Netanyahu sentiments.

2 min ago

Grandfather grieves 3-year-old granddaughter killed as she slept in Gaza​

From CNN's Florence Davey-Attlee, Abeer Salman and Jomana Karadsheh

Khaled Nabhan in his home on November 27.
Khaled Nabhan in his home on November 27. CNN

The pause in fighting in Gaza has given many families the chance to return home to retrieve belongings — and in some cases, the bodies of their relatives.

CNN followed one man back to his destroyed home. Grieving grandfather Khaled Nabhan was seen around the world in a widely shared video of his moment of grief last week as he kissed his lifeless 3-year-old granddaughter goodbye.

In the video posted on social media, Nabhan shakes the little girl Reem gently and tries to open her eyes, as if she is asleep.

“I used to kiss her on her cheeks, on her nose and she would giggle,” Nabhan told CNN in an interview. “I kissed her but she wouldn’t wake up.”

Reem Nabhan.

Reem Nabhan. Courtesy of Nabhan family

Reem was killed last week, alongside her 5-year-old brother Tarek, while they were sleeping when their home was brought down by a nearby airstrike in Al Nuseirat refugee camp in southern Gaza.

Speaking to CNN, Nabhan described the final evening he had with his grandchildren, breaking down in tears as he recalled how they begged him to take them outside to play. He had refused because of the danger from Israeli airstrikes, he said.

In another social media video, the two children’s bodies lay prepared for burial in white shrouds while Nabhan fixes Tarek’s hair.

“I combed his hair like he would always ask me to, like a photo he would always show me,” Nabhan said later. “He loved his hair like that, now he’s gone.”

Khaled Nabhan kisses Reem's doll found in the rubble of his family's home on November 27.
Khaled Nabhan kisses Reem's doll found in the rubble of his family's home on November 27. CNN

Picking through the rubble of his family’s home on Monday, Nabhan showed CNN where his daughter Maysa — Reem and Tarek’s mother — was sleeping with the children when the house collapsed. She and her sister survived but were seriously injured.

From the debris, he picked up a doll that had belonged to his granddaughter, kissing it. Clutched in his hand was a tangerine that he’d given Reem as a treat, but that she never had the chance to eat.

Hear more from Nabhan as he returns home: [video at link]

Last edited:
Please note - the quote I used was from Reuters (quite a respected source internationally) explaining that the information from Israeli media seemed to be mistaken in their claim suggesting that one faction was disallowing humanitarian aid denied the people cut off from food, sanitation, fuel, water, shelter, medicine etc. when it actually was the other.

... the first casualty of war etc... but it should not be as long as independent information exists.

I don't care who Hamas said it to. The information is still coming from Hamas. The very first line of the article you posted read:

"Nov 25 (Reuters) - The armed wing of the Palestinian militant group Hamas said on Saturday that......".

Again, believe what you want. I don't find Hamas to be a credible source.

I feel mixed about the releasing of info also.

On one hand, it's good because the truth of what is occurring is not portrayed in the nicey nice videos HAMAS wants us to see of them waving, hand shaking, etc. They have NOT cared for these hostages well and when the "world" just seeing the video of the release it might think oh see they didn't hurt them.

On the other hand, will the other hostages be harmed because these are speaking out? I don't know.. I think they have already been harmed. Some have been murdered, one was released in critical condition, one had surgery immediately after release.. I mean HAMAS had no good intentions with them in the first place. Maybe it'll keep them safer if HAMAS really wants to use them to make deals.
Everyone, including children are well aware of the evils inflicted on them,loved ones and friends.
So what Hamas is capable of is not in question.
I say let Hamas/ilk release all the public relation campaign videos they want because calling them to task is futile at this juncture.
The only thing that's of importance is getting the hostages back so don't poke the hornets nest and put the remaining ones at more of a risk then they're at.
All things considered I was surprised that the released hostages weren't in much,much worse condition physically.
I hold my breath when thinking about going forward to it's just men and soldiers remaining hostage and Netanyahu refuses to release the high profile prisoners that Hamas wants.

Damn, what utter ignorance. The last time I saw President Carter was when I took him to the Erez Crossing where he went into Gaza to plant a fir tree from Lebanon to symbolize peace. As a U.S. official, I couldn’t go with him. No one spoke up for the Palestinian people as Carter.

I think that the protestors went to a place where they knew world wide press would cover the event. Not so much the Carter's ... imo

Everyone, including children are well aware of the evils inflicted on them,loved ones and friends.
I say let Hamas/ilk release all the public relation campaign videos they want because calling them to task is futile at this juncture.
The only thing that's of importance is getting the hostages back so don't poke the hornets nest and put the remaining ones at more of a risk then they're at.
All things considered I was surprised that the released hostages weren't in much,much worse condition physically.
I hold my breath when thinking about going forward to it's just men and soldiers remaining hostage and Netanyahu refuses to release the high profile prisoners that Hamas wants.
My guess is that many of the soldiers and male hostages are dead.

Keeping up the hostage’s first impression appearances for the press/outside world I guess.. jmo

“Relatives of Yaffa Adar, 85, who was released on Friday night, told Channel 12 that they did not shower or change clothes for the entire period of their captivity, and only the day before they were released they were given a new set of clothes.”

Freed Israeli hostage describes deteriorating conditions while being held by Hamas

I think that the protestors went to a place where they knew world wide press would cover the event. Not so much the Carter's ... imo
Because of course their little opinion is so much more important than a former first lady's funeral. I absolutely cannot get over how special and privileged these protesters feel.

I understand your reasoning. I too worry that it could make things worse. I do wonder what is officially being held back. I don't think they are all in good condition.. maybe it's stated that way to keep things moving along. It's been said they have lost weight, which I'd expect, but if they were physically harmed back on or close to Oct 7th, that would have plenty of time to heal before now.. we wouldn't see those signs.. and all have had pants and much of their bodies hidden from view.

I think for as many hostages that have been released, we haven't really heard much about or from any of them. The ones we have heard about were those that we could all see were in worse shape.. one needed flown immediately, several in wheelchairs, one being carried by HAMAS, one on crutches.. those updates I'd expect since we could all see something was wrong. I am afraid what we have heard about the cages and some of the bad treatment is just a tiny bit of what actually happened.

2m ago

More than 3,290 Palestinians have been arrested in the occupied West Bank since 7 October, according to figures by the Palestinian Prisoner’s Club.

The list includes 125 women and 145 children, a statement said.

At least six Palestinian detainees have died in Israeli prisons since the conflict started, it said.

Israeli forces have arrested 168 Palestinians during the duration of the ongoing temporary truce alone, it added.

Keeping up the hostage’s first impression appearances for the press/outside world I guess.. jmo

“Relatives of Yaffa Adar, 85, who was released on Friday night, told Channel 12 that they did not shower or change clothes for the entire period of their captivity, and only the day before they were released they were given a new set of clothes.”
Gaza normally gets its water supplies from a combination of sources, including a pipeline from Israel, desalination plants on the Mediterranean Sea and wells. Those supplies were slashed when Israel cut off water, along with the fuel and electricity that power water and sewage plants, in the wake of the Hamas attacks.

Gaza normally gets its water supplies from a combination of sources, including a pipeline from Israel, desalination plants on the Mediterranean Sea and wells. Those supplies were slashed when Israel cut off water, along with the fuel and electricity that power water and sewage plants, in the wake of the Hamas attacks.

No water doesn’t mean they can’t be supplied with fresh clothing for almost 2 months…… jmo.

I find it very troubling for the remaining hostages when hearing freed hostages/family members publicly telling the atrocities they experienced in captivity then seeing it reiterated throughout the media worldwide.
Does Netanyahu think this helps in any way?
I’m sure it is very troubling for the FAMILIES of the remaining hostages, but the hostages themselves already know what they’re experiencing. It‘s also likely that they have no idea what’s being said about them in public, being that they are isolated in captivity.

If your point is instead that they will be treated even worse because the freed hostages stories are being shared, IMO Hamas is going to do what it’s going to do, regardless. They’re not exactly trying to follow the Emily Post rules of etiquette.

IMO you have to really reach in the effort to condemn Netanyahu in particular for what the hostages and their families choose to reveal.

Israel is a democracy, the only one in the Middle East. Netanyahu can’t tell them what to say or do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53