Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity is what the Israeli people need - Gantz​

More now from Benny Gantz, who earlier said setting his political differences aside with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was the right thing to do for the Israeli people.

"The government and security forces have broad and important support from the opposition parties, of which I hope some of them will join in the next few days," the main opposition leader told a news conference on Wednesday.

"The unity is what the Israeli people want and this is particularly what the Israeli people need."

We can all see they don’t care about saving their own citizens, which is of course the point you make.

Hamas doesn’t care about them.

But do we?
I do care about them. But I can't prioritise them. And I can't blame the Israeli government for unleashing bombs in response to the vicious attack on their people.

Hamas put their own people in this position. There is no excuse for that terrifying and horrific attack. It has consequences.

They should have provided the necessary generators, gasoline, food and water they knew their own people were going to need during the backlash. JMO

I guess that ^^^^ shows Hamas's true priorities. Look at how many resources they used to plan and carry out their mass slaughter of Israeli families. They had paragliders, trucks, vans, motorcycles, planes, all using gasoline.And thousands of invaders on board.

But they can't provide life saving resources to their own people?
I don't believe anyone in the west has thought of them as a social-welfare organization.

We can all see they don’t care about saving their own citizens, which is of course the point you make.

But do we?

Of course! As human beings we do.
Point made, though...is that Hamas/Hezbollah will continue to USE it's citizens. Not assist them, but use them. Manipulate them.
They are being programmed to fight, to hate, and to continue the perpetual victim status...which the Terrorists need.

All that "aid" money in Qatar, along with the extremely wealthy Hamas leaders in their compounds in Qatar is proof.

The citizens are victims of the Terroists also.

I don't believe anyone in the west has thought of them as a social-welfare organization.
If they truly believed what they espouse, about how they are fighting for their own people's welfare, they'd be a social welfare organization when necessary. IMO

They are blaming Israel for their own people's living situation, but if Hamas can come up with enough money to plan and execute this expensive invasion of Israel, they could have used those same resources to improve their people's lives instead. And avoided the backlash attacks.

If they truly believed what they espouse, about how they are fighting for their own people's welfare, they'd be a social welfare organization when necessary. IMO

They are blaming Israel for their own people's living situation, but if Hamas can come up with enough money to plan and execute this expensive invasion of Israel, they could have used those same resources to improve their people's lives instead. And avoided the backlash attacks.

ITA!! I've seen similar thoughts posted elsewhere... the Pro-Hamas reply with "Oh, the Palestinians need freedom first!". Ridiculous.

ETA: I've also seen some include a 1997 Nelson Mandela quote (questionable application) imo

Last edited:

But do we?
I really do care. Knowing that innocent people, women, children, elderly, sick are suffering is so upsetting to me. I wish there was a solution, a quick one, but I know that isn’t realistic.

I have to add, however, that watching videos of people in Gaza celebrating, dancing, stomping on bodies of the dead, giving out cakes and candy in celebration really hurt my heart.

I really do care. Knowing that innocent people, women, children, elderly, sick are suffering is so upsetting to me. I wish there was a solution, a quick one, but I know that isn’t realistic.

I have to add, however, that watching videos of people in Gaza celebrating, dancing, stomping on bodies of the dead, giving out cakes and candy in celebration really hurt my heart.
It does look like they're working on some sort of evacuation solution prior to a ground invasion. Hopefully that materializes.

After a rather vicious tornado, there was no power in our area for several days/up to a week depending. After Hurricanes in the gulf it's the same. I promise, the majority of people will survive power loss so why is the media completely freaking about it?

Power is not the problem, it is water. The power drives water in the area. No power, no access for water.

12m ago

Gaza hospitals short of ‘everything’ says WHO official​

The stark toll of Israeli strikes is palpable at Gaza hospitals, AP reports.

Even in ordinary times, they’re poorly supplied. Now, there’s a shortage of everything from bandages to intravenous fluids, beds to essential drugs, said Richard Brennan, regional director of the World Health Organization.

“It’s almost as bad as it gets,” Brennan said. “It’s not just the damage, the destruction. It’s that psychological pressure. The constant shelling ... the loss of one’s colleagues.”

A man carries an injured baby to the Al-Shifa Hospital as Israeli airstrikes continue on the fifth day in Gaza City, Gaza on 11 October 2023.

A man carries an injured baby to the Al-Shifa Hospital as Israeli airstrikes continue on the fifth day in Gaza City, Gaza on 11 October 2023. Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Anadolu/Getty Images

4m ago

Shrapnel has hit seven hospitals and 10 UN shelters in Gaza​

AP: Shrapnel has flown into seven other hospitals and 10 UN emergency shelters, according to the World Health Organization and United Nations. An Israeli airstrike hit one of Gaza’s biggest hospitals, in northern Beit Hanoun, rendering it inoperable.

At Shifa Hospital, doctors battled to keep the place running. Fuel supplies ran low, and panic ensued outside. As explosions crashed, women and children streamed into the streets with their belongings, some of them barefoot.

A member of the Palestinian security forces carries a child, wounded by Israeli airstrikes, into Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City on 11 October 2023.

A member of the Palestinian security forces carries a child, wounded by Israeli airstrikes, into Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City on 11 October 2023. Photograph: Mohammed Abed/AFP/Getty Images

From the hospital corridor, Muhammad Al-Gharabli recalled four missiles crashing into a mosque in the seaside Shati refugee camp Monday, decapitating his 2-year-old son, Mohammed, and sending shrapnel into the leg of his 5-year-old son, Lotfi.

Al-Gharabli said that when he regained consciousness, he saw the bodies of dozens of neighbors strewn over the ruins of their homes. He recognized the still and bloodied face of his next-door neighbor, a car mechanic.

“I can’t sleep from the horror,” he said.

It sounds like the assassination of PM Rabin in 1995 was a turning point in Israeli politics.
I remember Israel had always been a secular melting pot with Muslims always trying to gain an edge and there were always tensions and fighting.
However, it still remained a welcoming place. I remember in the 70's, Jewish college students would go to Israel and spend part of their summer working on a kibbutz. (KInd of a communal, almost hippyish thing. I think you could go even if you weren't Jewish! )

Now, it has become a hard lined place where even Christians, just aren't feeling welcome.
Terrorism only makes things worst for the antagonists. It solves nothing.
Your link is about Rabin’s assassination, which I well remember.

It says nothing about your claim that Christians don’t feel welcome in Israel. Where do you get this from? Evangelical Christians are tremendous supporters of Israel and are always arranging trips there for their people.

There are still kibbutzes in Israel, in fact most of the civilians killed at home were in several kibbutzes near the Gaza border.

It’s not just a hippie 70s thing, it’s a common type of community.

Last edited:

But do we?
These are grown ups. They make their own decisions and choices. Is there any evidence over the last 17 years of the Palestinian people trying to oust the Hamas?

Not being ugly, I really don't know.

Rockets, black smoke and warning shouts​

Lyse Doucet
Reporting from near Ashkelon, southern Israel

The edge of Israel’s closed military zone on its southern border is tense, volatile.

Today, on the fifth morning of war, the skies of Gaza, three and a half miles away, were blackened by smoke rising from this coastal strip, under non-stop bombardment.

You could hear the loud crack of Israeli artillery and buzz of surveillance drones.

By early afternoon, Hamas was returning fire, targeting areas including Ashkelon, the southernmost city.

Rockets streaked across the Israeli sky, most intercepted by Israel’s Iron Dome air defence system.

The mood darkened too.

There were Israeli military shouts at journalists gathered at a junction that it was too dangerous to stay.

Police vehicles circled, their orders blaring through megaphones.
Then another command followed – down down!

Everyone was told to take to the ground, take cover, as more Hamas missiles sailed over the area.

You could taste the smoke as fields burned nearby, in the midst of this gathering storm.

Iran president and Saudi Crown Prince hold rare all​

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman held a phone call on Wednesday to discuss the Israel-Gaza conflict, state media in Tehran reported.

It marked the first known call between the leaders since China negotiated a deal between the two after seven years of hostility.

Raisi and Bin Salman discussed the "need to end war crimes against Palestine," Iranian state media reported.

The Saudi crown prince "affirmed that the kingdom is making all possible efforts in communicating with all international and regional parties to stop the ongoing escalation," Saudi state news agency SPA said.

SPA reported that the crown prince reiterated Saudi Arabia's rejection of targeting civilians in any way.

12m ago

Gaza hospitals short of ‘everything’ says WHO official​

The stark toll of Israeli strikes is palpable at Gaza hospitals, AP reports.

Even in ordinary times, they’re poorly supplied. Now, there’s a shortage of everything from bandages to intravenous fluids, beds to essential drugs, said Richard Brennan, regional director of the World Health Organization.

“It’s almost as bad as it gets,” Brennan said. “It’s not just the damage, the destruction. It’s that psychological pressure. The constant shelling ... the loss of one’s colleagues.”

A man carries an injured baby to the Al-Shifa Hospital as Israeli airstrikes continue on the fifth day in Gaza City, Gaza on 11 October 2023.

A man carries an injured baby to the Al-Shifa Hospital as Israeli airstrikes continue on the fifth day in Gaza City, Gaza on 11 October 2023. Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Anadolu/Getty Images

And whose fault is this?

Israel did not wake up Saturday and say “hey, yippee, let’s destroy Gaza today!”

Hamas decided this outcome for Gaza.

Should Israel be expected to pat Gaza on the back and do nothing to ensure Hamas cannot embark on a terror spree anytime they wish?

IMO

These are grown ups. They make their own decisions and choices. Is there any evidence over the last 17 years of the Palestinian people trying to oust the Hamas?

Not being ugly, I really don't know.

If anyone tried to "oust Hamas", well, we see what they do to people that they don't like. It is not a democracy in Gaza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo