Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the Hamas Ministry of Health know within minutes that it was an Israeli strike?

"A spokesperson for the Hamas-run Ministry of Health in Gaza estimates that between 200 and 300 people have been killed in an Israeli strike on the Baptist Hospital in central Gaza."

They don’t. And I think most reasonable minded people who aren’t brainwashed by them see right through their stmts!

Otto, this pregnant woman in Palestine cannot hear you, and since she can't understand English, even if you somehow got into Gaza and found her, and lectured her on what thoughts should be in her mind, she would just look at you in confusion

Women have given birth, since the dawn of time, in every circumstance imaginable.

IMO this Palestinian woman does not need to understand English or Hebrew to know what is going on. Pregnancy and childbirth create a universal language among women.

I believe that the fact that this woman is alive and still pregnant, while the pregnant Israeli woman was butchered and so was her unborn child, should need no translation.

It’s easily understood:

She will have her child, in a sub-optimal setting. The Jewish woman will not.

Would that all mothers felt compassion for one another.

IMO

51s ago

Fears grow people are dehydrating to death in Gaza as clean water runs out​

Bethan McKernan

Fears are growing that people in Gaza are beginning to dehydrate to death as clean water runs out, with Israeli airstrikes continuing to pound the Palestinian territory of 2.3 million residents amid a total blockade on food, electricity, medicine and fuel.

Unrwa, the UN’s agency for Palestinian refugees, said on Tuesday that Gaza’slast seawater desalination plant had shut down, bringing the risk of further deaths and waterborne diseases such as cholera and dysentery. Six water wells, three water pumping stations, and one water reservoir – which collectively served more than 1.1million people – are also out of action, it said.

After 16 years of a joint Israeli-Egyptian blockade, imposed after the Palestinian militant group Hamas seized control of the exclave in 2007, clean water was already one of the most pressing concerns in the 41km by 12km strip. Almost 97% of the water in Gaza’s sole aquifer is not potable; without proper maintenance and with Israeli restrictions on imports and electricity, sewage treatment plants were overwhelmed years ago. Untreated waste has flowed directly into the Mediterranean for more than a decade.

But now, desperate civilians find themselves consuming the contaminated tap water, or digging new wells too close to the sea to drink and use dirty, salty water. Jamil al-Meqdad, a writer and researcher in Gaza City, said:

Access to at least 50 litres of water per person is the minimum level set by the World Health Organization. Most people in Gaza are now believed to be surviving on three, the UN says.

Read the full report by The Guardian’s Jerusalem correspondent, Bethan McKernan.

That’s very sad. I bet Hamas has plenty of water stored for themselves in the tunnels.

BBC News live saying this attack on the hospital will make it very difficult for Israel to normalise relations with Arab nations. ”All of that is out of the window now.”
Is that because the BBC, who claims that Hamas arrested (rather than kidnapped) Israeli civilians, believes that Hamas can identify the origin of the explosion within minutes?

4m ago
The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) has strongly condemned the attack on Gaza’s Al Ahli Arab Hospital.

In a statement posted to social media, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus wrote:

The WHO knows that someone attacked the hospital? Isn't it possible that it was a failed Hamas rocket launch?

Why are people in positions of responsibility and authority reacting emotionally?

BBC News live saying this attack on the hospital will make it very difficult for Israel to normalise relations with Arab nations. ”All of that is out of the window now.”
IMO Even when/if the IDF can prove that they weren’t in the area and show video of rocket mis-launch, the damage has already been done. Thanks to Hamas propaganda. IMO

Parts of the hospital are on fire - surgeon​

The BBC has also spoken to a second hospital worker - British-Palestinian surgeon Professor Ghassan Abu Sittah - who was working when the strike hit.
"Parts of the hospital are on fire," he says. "I don’t know whether that is the emergency department. But it's certainly the operating suite, part of the roof has fallen. There is glass everywhere".
Sittah confirms he is safe, and says there were lots of people taking refuge at the hospital.

Obviously, the whole problem in the Middle East is too many people with life or death convictions about what other people, with completely different backgrounds "should" or "should not" do.

We are trying to overcome this problem in the West, where we have the benefit of wealth, education and peace, to over-ride those knee-jerk attempts to force other people to think exactly like we do. (We can't even get our own children to think like we do!).

The only hope, IMO, is to get off those high horses and try to focus on what we have in common.

JMO
Snipped for focus.
Agreed.
The second paragraph (red bolded) is important. Yes, we do have those elements, esp. peace.
So thankful, too.
But as far as a "knee jerk" attempts, in this particular case, I doubt it is that.
More like a reaction against the cowardly atrocities undertaken by Hamas against the most helpless amongst us.

No one that I know, wants to make people think differently.
Everyone I know -- believes that what happened to the Israelis was despicable and that there needs to be swift justice.
Or, this massacre could happen again !
Sorry if I'm not explaining this clearly, it's just my opinion.

In this particular war, I think it can be boiled down to : "Attacking, dismembering, and killing pregnant women, burning alive children and shooting the elderly; and taking equally innocent people hostage, is wrong."
It's not necessarily telling anyone how to think or what they should do, imo.

It's basic human civility.

As far as the bolded bit, no one should have anything in common with -- nor sympathy for -- Hamas.
Not now, not ever.
Omo.

Last edited:
Is that because the BBC, who claims that Hamas arrested (rather than kidnapped) Israeli civilians, believes that Hamas can identify the origin of the explosion within minutes?
IMO, Hamas are most likely murdering their own people.
The Palestinians need to revolt now, this is a fight for their lives.
Hamas will end their own citizens' lives-- if it suits them.
Disgusting.
Omo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members