Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahoo still has it blaming Israel on their front page. Noticing a pro Palestine lean in their reports lately.
<modsnip - no link/personal anecdote>

BBC Live News, Egypt said is happy to open the crossing but Israel still won’t allow it because they are trying to figure out how aid will not fall in Hamas hands.
Ugh, BBC. Honestly, I don't know how Israel can prevent Hamas from claiming the supplies/aid at this point, or if they can prevent Terrorists from targeting these areas (and then blaming IDF!)

I've been wondering how they can safely open the border. Only allowing women, children and elderly to get supplies? Having to come in person to claim? I don't know a good solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBC News Live

Interview with Cannon Richard Sewell, Priest, Diocese of Jerusalem

The priest says it’s actually an Anglican hospital, not a Baptist one. It’s one of his own Anglican hospitals and very distressing to see it on the news. He believes there were 600 patients and staff and around 1,000 sheltering. He says staff knew they were vulnerable but it was impossible to evacuate it. He says there was also an attack on this hospital in the weekend, which damaged the building and killed four.

Presenter asks:
“Do you know where that came from?”

He answers “My understanding is that it is being accepted as an Israeli missile. Again, I am not party to official information but that is my understanding.”

Hamas leader blames US for hospital blast​

Ismail Haniyeh, who is widely considered to be Hamas’s overall leader, says that the US is responsible for the attack on Al Ahli hospital – stressing that Washington gave Israel the “cover for its aggression”.

“The hospital massacre confirms the enemy’s brutality and the extent of his feeling of defeat,” said Haniyeh in a televised address.

He is calling on all Palestinian people “to get out and confront the occupation and the settlers” and for all Arabs, and Muslims to stage protests against Israel.

BBC reporter from Gaza, live now:

“The [IDF] has been contacted for comment and they are investigating, but it’s hard to see what else this could be really given the size of the explosion other than an Israeli airstrike or several airstrikes, because when we’ve seen rockets being fired out of Gaza we never see explosions of that scale. We might see half a dozen, maybe a few more people being killed in such rocket attacks but we’ve never seen one on the scale of this sort of explosion on the video I was watching earlier, which as you say is still to be verified.”
Not criticisng you but just want to point out that's just one reporter - out of many reporters they have, most of them with far more experience

I appreciate that that reporter has some experience of covering previous wars in Gaza & the ME but he's not trained in military intelligence so I don't know how he could speculate

I cannot imagine a Jeremy Bowen or Lyse Doucet speculating like that on live news

I also can't find a single - reputable- OSINT researcher who can claim anything categorically from comparing all the available footage at this stage.

Last edited:
2 min ago

Protesters attempt to storm Israeli embassy in Jordan, source says​

From CNN's Caroline Faraj, Jomana Karadsheh and Mohammed Tawfeeq

Hundreds of protesters took to the streets of Amman, the capital of Jordan, on Tuesday night to condemn the deadly strike on Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza.

A group gathered near the Israeli embassy in the Rabieh area in western Amman in an attempt to "reach it," but security forces dealt with them and pushed them away, a security source told CNN on Tuesday. Jordan's state-run Petra news agency also reported the protesters attempts to reach the embassy.

Jordanian security forces used tear gas to disperse crowds in Amman, two activists told CNN. Social media videos also show security forces using tear gas to push protesters back from the embassy.

There have been almost daily protests near the Israeli embassy over the past week to protest Israeli strikes on Gaza.

Preliminary estimates indicate hundreds of people have been killed in the strike on the Gaza hospital, which was sheltering thousands of displaced people who were forcibly evacuated from their homes by the occupation, the Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza said in a statement.

The Israel Defense Forces has "categorically” denied that Israel was involved in the bombardment of the hospital and said intelligence shows a Palestinian Islamic Jihad group is responsible for a “failed rocket launch” that struck the hospital.

A barrage of rockets fired from Gaza toward Israel passed near the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza when it was hit. the IDF said.

BBC News Live

Interview with Cannon Richard Sewell, Priest, Diocese of Jerusalem

The priest says it’s actually an Anglican hospital, not a Baptist one. It’s one of his own Anglican hospitals and very distressing to see it on the news. He believes there were 600 patients and staff and around 1,000 sheltering. He says staff knew they were vulnerable but it was impossible to evacuate it. He says there was also an attack on this hospital in the weekend, which damaged the building and killed four.

Presenter asks:
“Do you know where that came from?”

He answers “My understanding is that it is being accepted as an Israeli missile. Again, I am not party to official information but that is my understanding.”

yes, his hospital has been hit before, apparently
If you go to his organisation's twitter feed, it explains it. ( old tweets)

Richard Sewell
@sgcjerusalem
Dean of St George’s College, Jerusalem

Billionaire Ronald Lauder, a powerful financial backer of the University of Pennsylvania, is threatening to cut off donations if the school doesn’t do more to fight antisemitism, CNN has learned.
The Palestine Writes festival has created a backlash that prominent donors, including billionaire Marc Rowan and former US Ambassador Jon Huntsman, who have vowed to cut off funding. Rowan called for Magill to resign and trustee Vahan Gureghian did step down late last week.
Lauder, whose fortune is estimated at $4.6 billion, according to Forbes, serves as president of the World Jewish Congress, an organization that aims to protect Jewish communities around the world from discrimination.

Israeli prime minister says 'barbaric terrorists' behind hospital blast​

1697576347090.jpeg
Reuters

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been quoted by the Reuters news agency as saying "barbaric terrorists" are responsible for the blast at the hospital in Gaza.

He rejects Hamas's claims that the Israel Defense Force carried out the strike.

The BBC is working to verify what happened at the location on Tuesday evening.

Hamas leader blames US for hospital blast​

Ismail Haniyeh, who is widely considered to be Hamas’s overall leader, says that the US is responsible for the attack on Al Ahli hospital – stressing that Washington gave Israel the “cover for its aggression”.

“The hospital massacre confirms the enemy’s brutality and the extent of his feeling of defeat,” said Haniyeh in a televised address.

He is calling on all Palestinian people “to get out and confront the occupation and the settlers” and for all Arabs, and Muslims to stage protests against Israel.

From his luxury apartment in Qatar

2 min ago

At least 17 journalists have been killed during Israel-Hamas conflict, press freedom group says​

From CNN's Liam Reilly

At least 17 journalists have been killed since the Israel-Hamas conflict erupted on October 7. At least eight others were reported injured and three are missing or detained, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists.
Of the deceased journalists, 13 were Palestinian, three were Israeli and one was Lebanese, said the CPJ, which is tracking the growing number of press deaths related to the unfolding conflict.
"CPJ is also investigating unconfirmed reports of other journalists being killed, missing, detained, hurt or threatened, and of damage to media offices and journalists' homes," the press freedom group said.
The CPJ said it compiled its information from its own sources in the region and from media reports.
"Journalists across the region are making great sacrifices to cover this heartbreaking conflict," said Sherif Mansour, the CPJ's Middle East and North Africa program coordinator. "All parties must take steps to ensure their safety."
The group is publishing the names and circumstances of the journalists’ deaths.

26m ago
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) said it is “horrified” by the bombing of the Al-Ahli Arabi Baptist hospital, which it described as “absolutely unacceptable”.

Dr Ghassan Abu Sittah, an MSF doctor in Gaza, was quoted as saying:

We were operating in the hospital, there was a strong explosion, and the ceiling fell on the operating room. This is a massacre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321