Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

On Oct. 9, two days after Hamas militants rampaged across communities in southern Israel, Starbucks Workers United posted “Solidarity with Palestine!” on X, formerly known as Twitter. Workers United — a Philadelphia-based affiliate of the Service Employees International Union — said in its lawsuit that workers put up the tweet without the authorization of union leaders. The post was up for about 40 minutes before it was deleted.

Starbucks said it received more than 1,000 complaints about the union’s post. The Seattle-based coffee giant said workers had to face hostile customers and received threatening phone calls. Vandals spray-painted Stars of David and a swastika on the windows of a Rhode Island store.

The U.S. State Department has Warned its Staff and other Government Personnel to avoid using Baghdad International Airport in Iraq until further notice due to the ongoing Attacks by Pro-Iranian Militias.

Mortar Fire is currently being directed at IDF Troops on Mount Dov from Southern Lebanon.

Israeli Artillery has resumed its Shelling of Southern Lebanon near the Towns of Yareen and Al-Bustan.

8:08 pm

IDF says it is still clearing explosives, weapons from around Gaza border

The Israeli military says Combat Engineering Forces are still working to clear the area near the border with the Gaza Strip of explosives and weapons left behind by Hamas terrorists from the October 7 onslaught.

The Israel Defense Forces says members of the elite Yahalom combat engineering unit located a child’s school bag near the southern community of Kissufim, which had been carried by a Hamas terrorist. Inside the bag, the forces found a seven-kilogram explosive device and a remote detonator.

The IDF says Yahalom forces found more than 1,000 firearms, 2,000 grenades, 1,000 RPGs, and 1,200 other explosive devices.

Some of the explosives were safely detonated by the forces after being found, while others were collected for further inspection.

Israel-Hamas war live: Israel says 212 hostages held by Hamas in Gaza as Palestinian death toll rises over 4,600 (theguardian.com)
2m ago18.13 BST

US secretary of state Antony Blinken said that “actions would speak, not words, particularly coming from Hamas” in a new interview with NBC on Sunday.

In response to whether he takes Hamas at its word following apparent readiness to release additional hostages and whether the US is working with Qatar to make it happen, Blinken said:

“We’ve been engaged, as I said, with partners. So one of the first things that I did after the horrific attack of October 7 and hostages were taken…was to talk to everyone we could who might have influenced with Hamas, in terms of releasing them. In the instance of Judith and Natalie, I, again, want to thank the Government of Qatar for playing a very important role in getting them out and now on their way home to see their loved ones.”

On whether all unaccounted for Americans are being held as hostages, Blinken said: “We don’t know…we believe that some significant number are hostages.”

By Rhea Mogul, Andrew Raine, Rob Picheta, Sophie Tanno and Tori B. Powell, CNN
Updated 1:10 p.m. ET, October 22, 2023

The Israeli military says Combat Engineering Forces are still working to clear the area near the border with the Gaza Strip of explosives and weapons left behind by Hamas terrorists from the October 7 onslaught.

The Israel Defense Forces says members of the elite Yahalom combat engineering unit located a child’s school bag near the southern community of Kissufim, which had been carried by a Hamas terrorist. Inside the bag, the forces found a seven-kilogram explosive device and a remote detonator.

The IDF says Yahalom forces found more than 1,000 firearms, 2,000 grenades, 1,000 RPGs, and 1,200 other explosive devices.

Some of the explosives were safely detonated by the forces after being found, while others were collected for further inspection.

So Hamas terrorists hid their explosive devices and other weapons in Gazan childrens' school bags. This is the kind of people who Israel is dealing with.

Remember, they even booby trapped the bodies.
Source Thread #4, Post #264

dotr said:

Oct 15, 2023 #israel #gaza
WARNING: This report contains body bags and the accounts of what volunteers found, that may cause distress.

Last edited:
“The US is stepping up its military readines across the Mideast, citing escalations by Iran and its proxy forces.”

11 minutes ago: US to send additional missile defense systems to Middle East, Pentagon says

Last edited:
8:20 pm

CNN: US pressuring Israel to delay Gaza ground invasion to allow for hostage talks

[...]

“The [administration] pressed Israeli leadership to delay because of progress on the hostage front,” and the need to get trucks of aid into Gaza, one person familiar with the discussions is quoted as saying.

Earlier today Israel denied that it was facing US pressure, with a source in the Prime Minister’s Office saying only, “There is no US pressure, only US backing.”

8:25 pm

White House envoy says ‘continuous flow’ of aid to Gaza will start tomorrow

The Biden administration’s new envoy for the humanitarian situation in Gaza David Satterfield says a “continuous flow” of humanitarian aid will begin entering Gaza tomorrow after the first convoy of 20 trucks drove into the enclave through Egypt yesterday after significant US pressure on Jerusalem and Cairo.

“There are an additional 15 trucks en route today,” Satterfield tells MSNBC.

“Our expectation and substance of our discussion with all sides is that starting tomorrow, you’ll be seeing a continuous flow of assistance moving. We want to build that flow up to the levels necessary to begin to meet Gaza’s needs,” Satterfield says.

8:28 pm

One soldier killed, 3 wounded following Hamas attack on soldiers near Gaza, says IDF

The Israel Defense Forces’s top spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari announces that one soldier was killed and three others were hurt after Hamas attacked soldiers carrying out an operation on the Gaza border earlier today.

The military does not immediate name the soldier.

According to the IDF, Palestinian terrorists launched an anti-tank guided missile at an Israeli tank and engineering vehicle operating on the western side of the border fence, near the southern community of Kissufim.

The operation was part of the military’s searches for bodies of missing Israelis, and to clear the area for Israel’s upcoming ground offensive.

Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack.

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Israel intensifies strikes; U.S. military presence boosted in region (nbcnews.com)
5m ago / 10:30 AM PDT

200,000 Israelis were evacuated due to threat from Hamas and Hezbollah, Israel says​

Lawahez Jabari
About 200,000 Israelis have been evacuated from their homes due to the threat of attacks by Hamas and Hezbollah, according to the Israeli prime minister's office.

This includes 205 communities, such as the cities of Sderot in the south and Kiryat Shmona in the north.

In addition, an estimated 100,000 Israelis have chosen to evacuate their homes because of the threat of missiles, the prime minister's office said.

oh boy, “The US is stepping up its military readines across the Mideast, citing escalations by Iran and its proxy forces.”

11 minutes ago: US to send additional missile defense systems…
Yesterday:

Statement From Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on Steps to Increase Force Posture

Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III released a statement regarding recent escalations by Iran and its proxy forces across the Middle East region. www.defense.gov

Oct. 21, 2023 |

Following detailed discussions with President Biden on recent escalations by Iran and its proxy forces across the Middle East Region, today I directed a series of additional steps to further strengthen the Department of Defense posture in the region. These steps will bolster regional deterrence efforts, increase force protection for U.S. forces in the region, and assist in the defense of Israel.

First, I redirected the movement of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group to the Central Command area of responsibility. This carrier strike group is in addition to the USS Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group, which is currently operating in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. It will further increase our force posture and strengthen our capabilities and ability to respond to a range of contingencies.

I have also activated the deployment of a Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) battery as well as additional Patriot battalions to locations throughout the region to increase force protection for U.S. forces.

Finally, I have placed an additional number of forces on prepare to deploy orders as part of prudent contingency planning, to increase their readiness and ability to quickly respond as required.

I will continue to assess our force posture requirements in the region and consider deploying additional capabilities as necessary.

Yesterday:

Statement From Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on Steps to Increase Force Posture

Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III released a statement regarding recent escalations by Iran and its proxy forces across the Middle East region. www.defense.gov

Oct. 21, 2023 |

Following detailed discussions with President Biden on recent escalations by Iran and its proxy forces across the Middle East Region, today I directed a series of additional steps to further strengthen the Department of Defense posture in the region. These steps will bolster regional deterrence efforts, increase force protection for U.S. forces in the region, and assist in the defense of Israel.

First, I redirected the movement of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group to the Central Command area of responsibility. This carrier strike group is in addition to the USS Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group, which is currently operating in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. It will further increase our force posture and strengthen our capabilities and ability to respond to a range of contingencies.

I have also activated the deployment of a Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) battery as well as additional Patriot battalions to locations throughout the region to increase force protection for U.S. forces.

Finally, I have placed an additional number of forces on prepare to deploy orders as part of prudent contingency planning, to increase their readiness and ability to quickly respond as required.

I will continue to assess our force posture requirements in the region and consider deploying additional capabilities as necessary.

Yeah was just noticing this isn’t exactly breaking news, my bad, very behind. I meant to watch the video of D. LGAIII. Thanks for bringing forward!!

From the above article:

“Austin does not specify how many additional US troops will be deployed to the region.”

——

““The secretary thanked Minister Gallant for Israel’s role in facilitating the October 21 humanitarian convoy into Gaza and reiterated the importance of protecting civilians,” said a statement from the Pentagon. “The two leaders also discussed the continued provision of security assistance and the US commitment to deter any state or non-state actor seeking to escalate this war.””

October 21

Last edited:
By Rhea Mogul, Andrew Raine, Rob Picheta, Sophie Tanno and Tori B. Powell, CNN
Updated 1:10 p.m. ET, October 22, 2023

Thanks for the link! I'm somewhat baffled how a tank "accidently" fires across a border with another country that is directly opposite of the war zone in Gaza.

JMO

The IDF Yahalom Unit continues to collect explosives and weapons of Hamas terrorists used for the October 7 massacre.

Soldiers discovered a child’s school bag laying in a field. The bag was booby-trapped, containing a remote-activated explosive device—weighing 7 kg.

Hamas purposefully chose to booby-trap a child's backpack with the hope a well-intentioned civilian would pick it up.
Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) / X (twitter.com)

My head is spinning from the conflicting information coming out of this war. I am now limiting myself to one news source, weeding out all the others. MOO
I hear ya! Our family is relying on NBC News' Lestor Holt and his team plus any public comments Sec. Blinken makes.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member