Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Live updates: Israel-Hamas war rages as Gaza hospitals warn of "humanitarian catastrophe" (cnn.com)
18 min ago

Israel conducts dozens of strikes against Hamas in Gaza late Sunday, IDF says​

Israel’s military carried out dozens of airstrikes on Hamas targets late Sunday, the Israel Defense Forces said.

CNN’s Nic Robertson reported from Sderot, near the Gaza Strip, that Sunday’s strikes have been the most sustained bombardment of northern Gaza he has seen since he began to report from southern Israel two weeks ago.

The Israeli military said late Saturday its forces would be intensifying airstrikes in Gaza.

Strikes in southern Lebanon: The IDF also struck two Hezbollah terrorist cells on the Lebanese side of the border with Israel, it said via the Telegram messaging platform.

The Israeli military said one cell was adjacent to the area of Mattat and planned to launch anti-tank missiles toward Israel; while the other, located in Har Dov, planned to launch rockets.

The Travel Alerts by the U.S. State Department for Lebanon have gotten more and more Direct and Worrisome over the last few days, with today’s Alert stating that if you are still for some reason in Lebanon you need to Leave the Country Now; also they are even offering Emergency Loans so that American Nationals can Pay for a Commercial Flight out of the Country.

Gaza City and the Area surrounding the Al-Shifa Medical Center have been getting Hammered tonight with Israeli Artillery and Airstrikes, while there are multiple reports of Dozens of People that are Trapped beneath Rubble across the City.
Where have we heard that before ... that a hospital was bombed and more than 500 people were trapped in the rubble. It was Hamas propaganda based on their own little missile falling onto a parking lot near a hospital. How can we believe it now?

Work to identify the bodies of killed Israelis continues​

b5b6b0c1-9cb2-4612-9d16-296c460e435f.jpg

Paul Adams
Diplomatic correspondent, in Jerusalem

More than two weeks after the shocking massacres of 7 October, Israel’s National Centre of Forensic Medicine says hundreds of bodies are yet to be identified.

The centre says it has treated 870 out of the 1,400 victims, and is working around the clock to identify victims and provide closure to grieving families.

According to the foreign ministry, the nature of the killings - which included shootings, stabbings, burning and decapitation - is making identification extremely difficult.

Dr Hagar Mizrahi, head of the medical division of Israel's ministry of health, says the past two weeks have been daunting.

“I have never encountered such severe horrors as I have encountered since the incident on 7 October,” he says. “The human soul is unable to cope with the atrocities committed.”

Israelis are concerned that parts of the world have still not properly understood the brutal reality of what happened on that day, just over two weeks ago.

Tomorrow, journalists have been invited to a screening of body-cam footage retrieved from killed Hamas gunmen.

The invitation says the footage includes “documentation of murder and other visually disturbing materials".

Where have we heard that before ... that a hospital was bombed and more than 500 people were trapped in the rubble. It was Hamas propaganda based on their own little missile falling onto a parking lot near a hospital. How can we believe it now?
I know what you're saying but I think this is a different scenario. First of all, nobody reported that the hospital was hit (this hospital). It was reported that the area surrounding the hospital is getting hammered. I don't have any trouble believing that as we've heard over and over that that it would get more intense as the IDF prepares for a ground invasion. Wish they could have evacuated the hospitals. But here we are... MOO

Oh geez. :confused:

15min ago

Iranian FM speaks with heads of Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad

Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian says he spoke by phone with Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh and Palestinian Islamic Jihad chief Ziyad al-Nakhala.

According to a statement from Hamas, Haniyeh and Amirabdollahian discussed means to stop Israel’s “brutal crimes” in Gaza.

Paul Adams

More than two weeks after the shocking massacres of 7 October, Israel’s National Centre of Forensic Medicine says hundreds of bodies are yet to be identified.

The centre says it has treated 870 out of the 1,400 victims, and is working around the clock to identify victims and provide closure to grieving families.

According to the foreign ministry, the nature of the killings - which included shootings, stabbings, burning and decapitation - is making identification extremely difficult.

Dr Hagar Mizrahi, head of the medical division of Israel's ministry of health, says the past two weeks have been daunting.

“I have never encountered such severe horrors as I have encountered since the incident on 7 October,” he says. “The human soul is unable to cope with the atrocities committed.”

Israelis are concerned that parts of the world have still not properly understood the brutal reality of what happened on that day, just over two weeks ago.

Tomorrow, journalists have been invited to a screening of body-cam footage retrieved from killed Hamas gunmen.

The invitation says the footage includes “documentation of murder and other visually disturbing materials".

Journalists have so much sympathy for people who were asked to evacuate areas where Hamas terrorists are hiding, and where hostages are hidden. Hopefully journalists will take the opportunity to see all those civilian murders, and then put facts in perspective for their readers.

Paul Adams

BBM. I wonder what parts of the world Israel believes doesn't understand the "brutal reality" of the terrorist attack. Allies have indicated they fully understand and are sending help.

I have a good friend who lost an uncle on 9/ll. All that was recovered from his body was his artificial hip. That was plenty without seeing photos.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member