Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An older link , a lot to unpack, imo :

The State Department said it lacks a way to make an independent, accurate assessment of the number of civilians who have died in Gaza because all numbers provided publicly in Gaza are "provided ultimately by Hamas."
Red emphasis mine.
Yes, this is reassuring .... not !

IDF says it will closely monitor UNRWA fuel facility in Rafah after Hamas fuel theft

Hagari said the IDF informed UNRWA and the U.N. that fuel had been stolen from UNRWA warehouses by Hamas.
Iirc, the UNRWA voiced their concerns about this theft, but then walked it back ?
Perhaps the truth was probably their first statement -- and it's possible the UNRWA was 'encouraged' to recant their position ?
Maybe.
But if so, why ?
An added bit from this same link :

“Nearly 38 of our UNRWA colleagues have been killed, and tens of others have been injured. We believe that the number will be higher.”
Safety reasons ?

Egypt is ready to process U.S. citizens if they make it through the gate on the Gaza side of Rafah crossing and across the no-man's land to the Egyptian side, but Hamas is blocking their exit, State Department spokesperson Matt Miller said.

"At times on the Gaza side of the border, there has been no one there from Hamas to open the gates and process people and let them through," he said. "Other times there have been actually armed Hamas militants standing there, not even letting people approach the gate."
Red bolding mine.

Hmmm. It's as if Gaza was a large, open air prison with the criminals in charge.
Omo.

Family marks 12th birthday of boy feared taken hostage by Hamas

TEL AVIV — Songs and prayer rang out outside Israel's Defense Ministry in Tel Aviv today as a distraught family marked the 12th birthday of a boy feared to have been taken hostage by Hamas, along with his 16-year-old sister and their dad.

Erez Kalderon; his sister, Sahar Kalderon; and their father, Ofer Kalderon, 53, were all believed to have been taken captive by Hamas militants as they swept through the kibbutz Nir Oz.

kidnapped.jpeg

I'd like to think they're ok, albeit frightened ?

Maybe being held together, for the kid's safety, but I know it's prob. wishful thinking.
So sad. :(
Omo.

Gaza is set to run out of fuel Wednesday night, according to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East.

"If we do not get fuel urgently, we will be forced to halt our operations in the Gaza Strip as of tomorrow night," the agency said.

Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations Gilad Erdan said, "We know for sure that there's plenty of fuel in Gaza. Hamas has stored fuel in advance, and is stealing fuel from both civilians and the U.N. to power its war machine against Israel."
Red bolding mine.
So, besides anything Hamas has seized, they had fuel reserves ?
This is what it sounds like.
Unbelievable.
Omo.

I believe that most of us predicted this "end game", that Hamas started this war, inflaming the Israelis with their atrocities.

Now, sitting back, watching the world blaming Isreal for killing innocent children. Hamas just sees the children as a tool. Part of the plan to bog down and enmesh Israelis from actually getting rid of Hamas. Neat switch, and quite Machiavellian. Israel, who didn't start the conflict, is now the bully.

I would never blame the Press.
They are doing their job.

<snipped for focus>

We also have to remember that the press often have their own agenda. Same in Israel as here in the U.S. Familiarity with their editorial viewpoints is important in terms of how to read their coverage.

I think it is always a good idea to read different media outlets' reporting in order to get a balanced view or at least be aware of the editorial viewpoint of the specific media outlet one is reading.

1698772285230.png
By Chloe Kim
BBC News
''A US teenager who was taken hostage by Hamas while visiting family in Israel is back home in Chicago, the Consul General of Israel to the Midwest confirmed on Monday.
Natalie Raanan and her mother, Judith, were taken by Hamas on 7 October in the surprise raid on Israel that killed 1,400 people.
They were freed on 20 October for "humanitarian reasons", Hamas said.
There are no details yet on when Judith will return to the US.
"I am relieved to see Natalie back home in Chicago," said Yinam Cohen, the Consul General of Israel to the Midwest. "Her family members have been anxiously waiting for her return, and today I am sharing their happiness."
The Raanans were taken hostage while celebrating Natalie's recent high school graduation and the 85th birthday of her grandmother, Tamar Ranaan, who survived the Hamas attack.

Before Natalie returned to Evanston, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, she and her mother were taken to a military base in the centre of Israel.''

Oct. 31, 2023, 12:52 PM EDT rbbm
By Rebecca Shabad
''WASHINGTON — FBI Director Christopher Wray on Tuesday warned that Hamas' actions in the Middle East could inspire other terrorist attacks, including by violent extremists in the U.S.
"We assess that the actions of Hamas and its allies will serve as an inspiration the likes of which we haven’t seen since ISIS launched its so-called caliphate years ago," Wray said in testimony before the Senate Homeland Security Committee at a hearing focused on threats to America.

Wray, who testified alongside Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and other U.S. officials, said multiple foreign terrorist organizations have called for attacks against Americans and the West in just the last few weeks.
"Here in the United States, our most immediate concern is that violent extremists — individuals or small groups — will draw inspiration from the events in the Middle East to carry out attacks against Americans going about their daily lives," he told senators. "That includes not just homegrown violent extremists inspired by a foreign terrorist organization, but also domestic violent extremists targeting Jewish or Muslim communities."

Dbm
Double post

Last edited:
<snipped for focus>

We also have to remember that the press often have their own agenda. Same in Israel as here in the U.S. Familiarity with their editorial viewpoints is important in terms of how to read their coverage.

I think it is always a good idea to read different media outlets' reporting in order to get a balanced view or at least be aware of the editorial viewpoint of the specific media outlet one is reading.
I guess we at WS can send links to all kinds of Media Coverage, no?
Provided they are MSM.
I send only such links.

Diversity is a blessing hehe

JMO

Oct 31, 2023 #ABCNews #ABCNewsAustralia
An Israeli government ministry has reportedly drafted a wartime proposal to transfer Gaza's 2.3 million people to Egypt's Sinai Peninsula. ABC Middle East correspondent Allyson Horn tells The World it's already causing much distress throughout the Arab world.
I find that a very interesting idea! Countries that demand a ceasefire, that insist on Israel standing down and potentially risking another violent slaughter of civilians, are distressed by the idea of having those same murderers living in their communities. I think that tells us all we need to know about what surrounding countries know about Hamas.

If surrounding countries view Hamas people safe enough to continue as Israel's neighbour, then they must accept that they are safe enough to live in Dubai, Iran, Egypt and other nearby countries. If they do not want the Hamas people in their country, then they should support Israel in eliminating Hamas authority in Gaza.

"Hamas, an armed Islamist group that governs Gaza, has so far released four civilians from the 239 hostages Israel says were captured on Oct. 7." CBC

Oct. 31, 2023, 12:52 PM EDT rbbm
By Rebecca Shabad
''WASHINGTON — FBI Director Christopher Wray on Tuesday warned that Hamas' actions in the Middle East could inspire other terrorist attacks, including by violent extremists in the U.S.
"We assess that the actions of Hamas and its allies will serve as an inspiration the likes of which we haven’t seen since ISIS launched its so-called caliphate years ago," Wray said in testimony before the Senate Homeland Security Committee at a hearing focused on threats to America.

Wray, who testified alongside Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and other U.S. officials, said multiple foreign terrorist organizations have called for attacks against Americans and the West in just the last few weeks.
"Here in the United States, our most immediate concern is that violent extremists — individuals or small groups — will draw inspiration from the events in the Middle East to carry out attacks against Americans going about their daily lives," he told senators. "That includes not just homegrown violent extremists inspired by a foreign terrorist organization, but also domestic violent extremists targeting Jewish or Muslim communities."

Been listening to this, c span live now.

31 October 2023
The hospitals among the latest hit in Israeli strikes, according to a Sky News producer in Gaza

Image:Bombing reported around a hospital in Gaza, according to a Sky News producer

''An Israeli government minister said there had not been any strikes on Shifa hospital, which is the biggest medical facility in Gaza.

Amichai Chikli, the minister for Diaspora Affairs, said Israel will not bomb any hospital in Gaza with civilians inside, even if Hamas is operating out of such facilities.''

I find that a very interesting idea! Countries that demand a ceasefire, that insist on Israel standing down and potentially risking another violent slaughter of civilians, are distressed by the idea of having those same murderers living in their communities. I think that tells us all we need to know about what surrounding countries know about Hamas.

If surrounding countries view Hamas people safe enough to continue as Israel's neighbour, then they must accept that they are safe enough to live in Dubai, Iran, Egypt and other nearby countries. If they do not want the Hamas people in their country, then they should support Israel in eliminating Hamas authority in Gaza.

"Hamas, an armed Islamist group that governs Gaza, has so far released four civilians from the 239 hostages Israel says were captured on Oct. 7." CBC

RE the kindergarten view...
now.....add to the disgust, as you listen to the phone call from the terrorist to his parents...bragging of his 10 kills....

Do not feign surprise...this is how innocent Palestinian children grow up to be terrorists

MOO and Peace

31 October 2023
The hospitals among the latest hit in Israeli strikes, according to a Sky News producer in Gaza

Image:Bombing reported around a hospital in Gaza, according to a Sky News producer

''An Israeli government minister said there had not been any strikes on Shifa hospital, which is the biggest medical facility in Gaza.

Amichai Chikli, the minister for Diaspora Affairs, said Israel will not bomb any hospital in Gaza with civilians inside, even if Hamas is operating out of such facilities.''
Man...I was hoping to see video inside those tunnels! Oh well...another time maybe...

A senior United Nations human rights official has resigned in protest over the organisation’s handling over the situation in Gaza, where, he said, “a genocide [is] unfolding before our eyes”.

Craig Mokhiber, the director of the New York office of the high commissioner for human rights, wrote in his resignation letter that it had become “painfully clear” that the UN had failed in its duty “to meet the imperatives of prevention of mass atrocities, of protection of the vulnerable, and of accountability for perpetrators”. He wrote:

The current wholesale slaughter of the Palestinian people, rooted in an ethno-nationalist settler colonial ideology, in continuation of decades of their systematic persecution and purging, based entirely upon their status as Arabs … leaves no room for doubt or debate … Across the land, Apartheid rules.

The situation in Gaza “is a text-book case of genocide”, he continued, with the aim of the “expedited destruction of the last remnants of indigenous Palestinian life in Palestine”. He added:

What’s more, the governments of the United States, the United Kingdom, and much of Europe, are wholly complicit in the horrific assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416