Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is gonna listen to him??

I guess there is always a few....
Are assassinations still a thing? They were so unpopular when Jamal Khashoggi got his marriage licence that they had to remove his body in pieces. Khamenei will appear like Hitler with an acre of seated soldiers and their families listening to his edicts about religious dominance ... opinion.

At this time: thousands of Palestinian workers from Gaza who were in Israel at the time of the Hamas terrorist attack are returning to the Gaza Strip through the Kerem Shalom crossing:

The U.S. military is flying MQ-9 Reapers operated by U.S. Special Operations forces, NYT reports.They were first spotted on Saturday on Flightradar24.The officials said the drones were being used to aid in hostage recovery efforts, indicating that the U.S. is more involved than previously known.

War update:Israeli death toll in Gaza fighting rises to 23; IDF intercepts surface-to-air missile from Lebanon, bombs source of fire; army kills 4 terrorists in West Bank operations; US drones over Gaza collect intel on hostages, NY Times reports.
@ynetalerts

IDF drops leaflets over Jenin (West Bank), asks people to not cooperate with Hamas and other terror organizations."Stay away from terrorism and live in peace"
https://twitter.com/no_itsmyturn/status/1720323360100348261

Stage being set up in Beirut, Lebanon, for Hezbollah leader Nasrallah's speech tomorrow. 33.848516,35.522487
https://twitter.com/no_itsmyturn/status/1720323360100348261/photo/1

Last edited:
Who is gonna listen to him??

I guess there is always a few....
More than 89,000,000 people will listen to him, just in Iran alone. Iran is ranked 17th by population of nations.
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is their Supreme Leader, the most powerful person in Iran for years. He controls EVERYTHING, the radio, the TV, in Iran. He influences practitioners of Islam worldwide.

This notion of “occupation” is used by those who refuse to accept that the Jewish people are from Israel, and that Jews have lived there for thousands of years, millennia before Mohammed was born.

Jewish people and their allies call these areas by their original Israeli names, like Judea and Samaria, which have been in effect since Old Testament times.

I know the U.N and W.H.O use those terms, but they have always had an anti-Israel bias.

They habitually blame Israel for all tension in the region, even prior to October 7th.

On one Election Day, maybe about 20 or so years ago, our students had the day off but teachers had to work. We were scheduled for Teacher Workshops to take place at the U.N. I wouldn’t go and I took a vacation day instead.

IMO

@PapillonVert I love U.N. Watch! Thanks for bringing it here.
My link was from the US State Department though, not the UN.

Blinken expected to call for pauses in fighting to allow aid into Gaza during Tel Aviv visit​

The US secretary of state, Antony Blinken arrives in Tel Aviv today and is expected to urge the Israeli government to agree to pauses to the fighting in Gaza, according to the White House.

White House national security spokesman John Kirby said the US was not advocating for a general cease-fire but a “temporary, localized” pause.

Departing the Washington, Blinken said he would discuss concrete steps to minimise harm to civilians in Gaza during his visit to Israel.

(...)

Following Joe Biden’s stated support for a pause in fighting to allow time for hostage releases, US national security spokesperson John Kirby said on Thursday the White House was exploring the idea of “as many pauses as might be necessary to continue to get aid out and to continue to work to get people out safely, including hostages”.

The White House has said any pauses in fighting should be temporary and localised, and insisted they would not stop Israel defending itself.

Blinken is due to meet Jordan’s foreign minister, Ayman Safadi, in Amman on Saturday. In a statement, Safadi said Israel must end the war on Gaza, where he said it was committing war crimes by bombing civilians and imposing a siege.

Tension escalates on Lebanese frontier amid Hamas and Hezbollah barrages​

Hamas’s armed wing, the al-Qassam brigades, said its fighters in southern Lebanon were behind the shelling of the northern Israeli town of Kiryat Shmona, where four rockets landed in an industrial area, injuring two people and damaging buildings.

In a second barrage, Hezbollah, the Lebanese Shia militant group, said it had simultaneously attacked 19 positions in Israel on Thursday evening in the latest escalation on Israel’s northern border.

Thursday’s exchanges came before a speech by Hassan Nasrallah, the secretary general of Hezbollah, in Beirut on Friday that will be closely watched in Israel and across the region. Hezbollah, like Hamas, is a proxy of Iran.

Earlier, Hezbollah said it had used two drones packed with explosives to attack an Israeli army command position in the disputed Shebaa Farms area on the Lebanese-Israeli border.

It is the first time Hezbollah has acknowledged carrying out an attack against Israeli forces using such drones, and comes a few days after it said for the first time it had used a surface-to-air missile against an Israeli drone.

(...)

Israel has held the Shebaa Farms, a 15-square-mile area of land, since the 1967 war; Syria and Lebanon claim the area belongs to Lebanon.

(...)

A shift in tone for US diplomacy​

Yolande Knell
BBC Middle East correspondent, in Jerusalem

Israel’s military sees Gaza City as a main focus of its offensive aiming to dismantle Hamas. However, further advances look set to involve gruelling urban warfare and are complicated by the presence of many thousands of civilians and some 240 hostages held by Hamas.

A spokesman for the Hamas military wing warned Israel that its soldiers would go home “in black bags”.

The US has promised full support and increased military aid to Israel for its attacks in Gaza, but there’s also been a shift in tone.

As US Secretary of State Antony Blinken left for the Middle East, he said he’d talk about “concrete steps” to minimise harm to civilians.

The White House has proposed a series of localised pauses in fighting to allow aid to be delivered to Gaza or to carry out evacuations. It has stressed these would fall well short of a ceasefire, which it believes would benefit Hamas.

Israeli airstrikes injure at least 21 people in Gaza City hospital, aid workers say​

From CNN’s Kareem El Damanhoury

At least 21 people were injured at Gaza City's Al-Quds Hospital following Israeli airstrikes on the Tal Al-Hawa neighborhood, the Palestine Red Crescent Society said Friday.

It follows two straight days of Israeli airstrikes near the enclave's second-largest hospital, where up to 14,000 displaced people are sheltering, according to doctors.

Video posted by the Red Crescent shows shattered glass on the ground as health workers carried children and medics tended to a woman with a leg injury.

“[The injuries] occurred when the internal glass of Al-Quds Hospital in #Gaza shattered and part of the false ceiling fell,” the Red Crescent said on X, formerly Twitter. “Most of the affected were women and children, causing extreme fear and panic among internally displaced civilians.”

CNN has reached out to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) for comment but did not immediately hear back.

The IDF has repeatedly said it is targeting Hamas commanders or infrastructure and that it urges civilians to evacuate south when CNN has asked about specific airstrikes in northern Gaza.

Evacuation zones and warning alerts from the Israeli military have not guaranteed safety for civilians in the densely populated coastal strip.

Israel engaging with gunfire from air, sea and land​

Rushdi Abu Alouf
Reporting from Gaza

The fighting this morning is in five different areas in Gaza City and the north, where the Israeli ground operation was expanding yesterday, and the west Gaza is where the biggest incursion is.

The Israeli army is engaging with gunfire from air, sea and land with the Hamas militants.

Hamas issued statements yesterday that they were fighting the Israeli army using anti-tank missiles.

The air strikes continued overnight especially around Al-Quds Hospital near Gaza City where about 14,000 people are taking shelter in the hospital.

The hospital said eight people were connected to life saving machines and it was impossible to move them because most roads around the hospital were damaged, and heavy fighting with Hamas was happening about 500m away from the hospital.

Israel is in control of both roads - the main exits to Gaza in the north and the coastal road - so exit out of Gaza is extremely difficult, people are risking their lives to leave to the south.

Two thirds of the population are getting some sort of aid from Egypt in the south - about 300 lorries and another 100 are expected today - though the humanitarian situation is worse for those in the north.

About 700,000 people in Gaza are with no access to electricity, water or internet. Everything is down.

If you are just joining us...​

It's just gone 10am (now 10.45am) in Israel and Gaza and here are the latest developments from the region:
  • US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has arrived in Israel, his third visit to the country since the deadly Hamas attacks on 7 October. He is meeting Benjamin Netanyahu and will focus on "concrete steps" to minimise harm to civilians in the Gaza Strip
  • Israel’s military has declared it had “completed the encirclement of Gaza City”
  • Rafah crossing will be opened for the third time today since Wednesday for the evacuation of dual nationals. There are 127 people listed in the UK section, with almost 100 noted as British, some as Palestinian or Irish dependants
  • Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says more than 9,000 people have been killed in Gaza Strip since Israel launched its retaliatory strikes
  • Thousands of Gazans working in Israel are being sent back to Gaza, their work permits revoked, the Israeli government said
  • Palestinian medical sources told Reuters that eight Palestinians were killed in the West Bank overnight
  • 242 women, children and the elderly are being held hostage by Hamas in Gaza.

I agree that more humanitarian aid should be permitted and civilians evacuated to safety,  but my concern is that while Israel "pauses" fighting to allow this, Hamas will take advantage of the situation and keep on firing (which would make things  very difficult).

"While all eyes are on Gaza, the West Bank is simmering with violence.​

103 Palestinians were killed.​

While a bloody conflict continues in the Gaza Strip and attracts global attention, the situation in the Israeli-occupied West Bank is becoming increasingly dangerous.

"Settler violence is growing at an exponential rate, particularly targeting the most vulnerable in Palestinian communities. Their goal is to force entire communities to decide about resettlement,"
writes the Israeli organization Breaking the Silence, which brings together former soldiers of the Israeli Defense Forces.

The Israeli human rights center B'Tselem estimates that while everyone's attention is on the war, no one tries to stop settlers "before, during or after attacks."

The settlers are adding fuel to the fire​

Violence by Israeli settlers had already become a growing problem earlier this year.

The West Bank is - under international law - territory occupied by Israel. Despite this, Israeli citizens are increasingly living there in the so-called housing estates.

Their creation
- illegal under international law
leads to new conflicts with the Palestinians, especially when settlements or roads to them are built on land confiscated from the Palestinians.

Since the beginning of Hamas's war with Israel, a new wave of settler violence has been ongoing, Israeli organizations report.

Since October 7, the activities of Israeli groups have intensified, driving Palestinians from their land and homes in the West Bank.

Residents interviewed by journalists described that in recent weeks, settlers had detained and checked Palestinians in two villages, ordered them to leave their homes within 24 hours, or blocked access to the villages.

According to reports, the settlers were armed and sometimes fired shots into the air.
Now these villages are
largely abandoned.

Other attacks this week are covered by the Times of Israel .

In the southern West Bank city of Hebron, settlers armed with rifles fired live ammunition as Israeli activists recorded the destruction of Palestinian orchards.

On the same day, in another part of the occupied territories, Israeli settlers attacked Palestinians who were harvesting olives from their trees.
They destroyed and stole some of their tools.

US President Joe Biden called for an end to Israeli settler attacks on Palestinians in the West Bank.

Biden said he was
"concerned about attacks by extremist settlers," which he said were
"adding fuel to the fire."

B'Tselem reports that in the last week alone, eight communities - almost 500 people - have completely abandoned their homes due to settler violence.

Mairav Zonszein, an Israel-Palestine analyst at the International Crisis Group, said in an interview with time.com that earlier this year the West Bank had seen
"violence on steroids."

In her opinion, the situation is
"very dangerous".

- The state and settlers have a clear agenda to take over land [in the West Bank] and this is one of the main causes of violence.
But there is also an element of revenge, she said."

Much more in the link

From my country's MSM

Last edited:
Around five dozen individuals, some associated with Hamas and collectively boasting more than 100 million social media followers, have been waging a propaganda campaign against Israel on various social media platforms since the start of the Swords of Iron war on October 7.

These influencers, who identify as independent journalists, are often seen sporting blue press vests and helmets. They have also reportedly found refuge in Al-Shifa hospital, which the IDF recently disclosed serves as a Hamas command and control center, providing them with access to electricity and the internet.

Here are some examples:​

Plestia Alaqad (Instagram handle @byplestia) has more than a million followers and calls herself an independent journalist but spread the lie on Instagram and in an interview with British TV that Israel bombed the Al-Ahli Hospital and killed more than 1,000 people.

"Yesterday, a complete massacre happened," she said of the missile, which was quickly proven to be a misfired Islamic Jihad rocket and not connected to Israel at all. "Around 1,000 civilians were killed and martyred."

Fewer than 50 people were killed in the incident, according to international independent investigations.

"London 'less safe for Jews than Israel'​

as 'tense' capital braces for 'million strong' pro-Palestine protest to clash with Armistice Day next weekend,​

with thousands more to march across the country TOMORROW -​

as Tories demand Sadiq gets grip on the chaos."​

1699013066265.png

We hear the plea for ”context” employed often lately in regard to the brutality of Oct 7.I wonder if the hate in the region would be so obscenely strong if ’context’ were considered both ways.

I think that’s also called ‘empathy.’
Immediately after WWII, when the state of Israel was formed, many of the Jews that fled to the area had just lived through years of unimaginable terror…as Jews were literally exterminated just for existing. Fear must have been embedded in their psyche. A nation of their own , living among their own, was to mean…finally…safety, refuge, peace.

I am not Jewish but I think I can emotionally understand that ‘context.”

Was it ‘right’ or fair to displace Palestinians to create two new states? We see this in small ways even today when governments take property to build highways, etc.for the ‘general good.” These are decisions imposed on people by politicians… often with no recourse. I can understand the resulting Palestinian anger and frustration.
The UN decision was not accepted by the people it was imposed upon.,They chose war to fight it. But they were not fighting the UN decision makers. They were fighting refugees/survivors from this very recent horrific world extermination! Let’s put this in that ‘context.’

The politicians have never been able to resolve the mess. And the wars, in different formats, have never stopped.
But imagine the emotional ‘context’ of having to fight/manage these ‘wars’ to maintain your new sanctuary after surviving the horrors of the Holocaust!!! Imagine how the old terror of extermination would drive you!

When I read about checkpoints, etc and hardships imposed on the people of Gaza and the West Bank, I understand their resentment. But I also think about decades of suicide bombings as well. I put the suicide bombings, the shellings…in the ‘context’ of how they effect those Holocaust survivors and descendants…carrying the memories of the mass exterminations.

Every deadly ‘action’ had a reaction.
The legacy of that Holocaust fear, terror passed down…is the ‘context’ for imposing those hardships…because “Never again.”

Now we have heinous brutality of Oct.7 to compound and inflame. Most humans could not do such things to animals. When Chris Watts murdered his wife and children, we on WS recoiled in disgust…but he did not film their terror and agony for his girlfriend’s titillation or call his parents, delighted to give them the celebratory news.

That’s ‘context’ too.

I am probably naive, but somehow, as a Mother and Grandmother myself…I believe that there are Mothers on both sides of this killing, that are weary of it all. The geopolitics of the region mean far less to them than the safety, the survival of their own beloved children. At least…I hope so.

Last edited:
I agree that more humanitarian aid should be permitted and civilians evacuated to safety,  but my concern is that while Israel "pauses" fighting to allow this, Hamas will take advantage of the situation and keep on firing (which would make things  very difficult).
That is exactly what will happen.

Every military force worth it's salt takes any tactical pause to regroup and reconstitute.

Hamas wll spend it's time communicating, resupplying ammunitions and reviewing all that sat footage and videos of where DF troops are now ... from the safety of their tunnels underneath the civilians. And, their planners will be planning how/what to do about it.

If this goes ahead, I'll bide my time waiting for the "accidental misfire" or some other incident by Hamas into/upon it's own civilians that isn't an accident or a misfire, but will be utilized to show how those "evil Israeli's commit war crimes" to attack civilians even during 'humanitarian' pause". Yep, I expect Hamas to execute attack(s) upon their own in order to keep the world "on their side". IMO.

I mean, it's not like the world is actually yelling at Hamas and telling them to stop comitting war crimes (every day) and to get their miltary targets away from civilian areas ... it's just too easy and 'thing thing to do" to blame Israel instead. We just keep yelling t Israel who is the side attempting to actually save civilian lives instead. Big, bad Israel.

What a sad world we live in and Israel pays because of it.

When will we learn not to dance with the devil (that is Hamas in this instance).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member