Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we know about Israeli hostages taken by Hamas - BBC News

A "significant number" of Israeli civilians and soldiers are being held hostage by Palestinian militant group Hamas in the Gaza Strip, the Israeli military says.

Some are alive and some are presumed dead, military spokesman Lt Col Jonathan Conricus said.
Children, women, the elderly and the disabled were among those taken, he said.

[...]

One video posted that has been verified by the BBC shows a truck being driven through crowds on the Gaza Strip, purportedly carrying Israeli hostages.

Another, geo-located to the Gaza Strip, shows a barefooted woman being dragged from the back of a truck with bloodied hands tied behind her back.

[...]

Some hostages are said to have been taken from an outdoor party in Kibbutz Re'im, a suburb in the city of Ofakim in Israel's south - not far from Gaza.

Witnesses told Israeli media that attackers on motorcycles began firing at attendees, many of whom are still missing.

[...]

"I saw Noa in the video scared and frightened, I can't imagine what's going through her mind at all - screaming in panic on a motorcycle," Mr Or said in an interview with Israeli broadcaster Channel 12.

A later video - also not verified by the BBC - appears to show her sipping water in a room in Gaza.

[...]

Speaking to Reuters news agency, a woman identified as Ella said she had been barricaded in a bomb shelter for hours in the town.

[...]

"I've lost contact with my family. I know my father has been kidnapped... no one is telling us what's going on. I don't know if my mother is alive."

[...]

Meanwhile, in Kibbutz Urim, a suburb in the city of Ofakim, two Israelis were rescued after being taken hostage by Hamas militants in a house for hours on Saturday, according to Israel's public broadcaster Kan.

Gunmen had entered the city and opened fire on residents as they fled to bomb shelters after rocket alarms were set off in the city,Israeli media reported.

The two residents had stayed in their apartment, where four militants then took them hostage. The militants were later killed by Israeli forces.

Homes of senior Hamas officials attacked​

Kan, the Israeli public broadcaster, is reporting that the Israeli air force has attacked the homes of senior Hamas officials in the Gaza Strip.

It has named them as Yahya Sanwar, Nizar Awadallah, Fathi Hamad, Itsam al-Dealis, Kamal Abu Awan and Abu Mu’az Saraj.

47min ago

Hamas spokesman says Iran gave support for surprise attack on Israel

Hamas spokesman Ghazi Hamad tells the BBC that Iran gave its support to the Palestinian terror group to launch its surprise multi-front attack on Israel on Saturday, as cited by Hebrew media.

The unprecedented attack saw 300 Israeli civilians and security forces killed, over 1,000 injured, and an unknown number of people — women, children, men, elderly people, and soldiers — abducted from southern Israel and taken into the Gaza Strip.

Tehran is a key backer of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad, as well as Lebanese terror group Hezbollah.

Homes of senior Hamas officials attacked​

Kan, the Israeli public broadcaster, is reporting that the Israeli air force has attacked the homes of senior Hamas officials in the Gaza Strip.

It has named them as Yahya Sanwar, Nizar Awadallah, Fathi Hamad, Itsam al-Dealis, Kamal Abu Awan and Abu Mu’az Saraj.

Great!

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, terrorists to Hell.

IMO

American cities ramp up security around places of worship following Israel attacks, and assure residents there are no credible threats​

While assuring Americans there are no credible threats locally, cities throughout the United States are ramping up security around houses of worship after the large-scale attack by Gaza militants on Israel on Saturday.

The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security issued “public safety concern” bulletins Saturday to state and local law enforcement and said they are monitoring for any impact on the US domestic threat environment, a law enforcement official said. So far, the agencies said there was no “current specific intelligence indicating a threat to the United States.”

[…]

Personally, I am annoyed by the emphatic support that Israel is receiving by so many United States politicians, who have been almost completely silent on the war between Russia and Ukraine.
My perspective is that it is wonderful that Israel is finding support from many U.S. politicians.

That does not diminish that more should be supporting Ukraine. I myself could never be annoyed that our democratic ally in the Middle East is being supported, and I have also supported Ukraine in every way since they were invaded.

IMO it is not necessary that Israel should be supported LESS; that will have no impact on those who should support Ukraine MORE.

The way this was written cause me to look up The Santa Monica Observer on Media Bias Fact Check. It's considered a "Questionable Source." JMO I would not consider this article valid IMO

Here's part of their report, it's worth reading the whole report.

• Overall, we rate the Santa Monica Observer Questionable based on the routine publication of false and misleading information and the use of poor sources.

Detailed Report

Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Fake News, Lack of Ownership Transparency, Imposter
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
MBFC’s Country Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
The button was not enough and maybe others missed it.
Prayers for these hostages. There is still hope.

So very horrifying. Unconscionable.

I just watched a video of a friend on FB, who lives in Ashdod. He didn't say a word. His only movement while filming himself is his eyes, reacting. Plenty of sound though, sirens, explosions, strikes. His eyes show fear, uncertainty, disbelief, as though any second he might be no more.

So many deaths, hostages taken including children. The poor dead German girl who was paraded naked on the back of a truck, while militants jeered, spat on her, and sat on her. A tourist from Germany who came for a celebration in the desert.

I have no words......

13min ago

Security forces still searching for terrorist infiltrators in southern Israel

Israeli security forces are still searching communities in southern Israel for Palestinian terrorists who infiltrated from Gaza early Saturday morning during an unprecedented attack on Israel.

An unspecified number of terrorists have been captured or killed by security forces and others, with some making their way back to Gaza with captives, among them women, children, and elderly people.

Footage aired on Israel’s Channel 12 shows forces sweeping areas in Sderot and surrounding communities, as well as main thoroughfares searching for infiltrators.

Hamas Gaza hideouts will be turned to ‘rubble’, Netanyahu says, amid Israeli operations to rescue hostages – live (theguardian.com)
7m ago00.16 EDT

The Thai government has said one of its citizens was killed and four others kidnapped during the attacks in Israel. It said it was not yet clear where they were being held.

The Bangkok Post reported that one couple has identified their son, who is in his 20s, as among the workers to have been seized, based on images circulating online of people with their hands tied behind their backs.

My friend's sister, Amit. A paramedic who tried to save lives in #KibbutzBari and she is only 22 years old. The last time they heard from her was that she told her family that the terrorists came in, shot her in the legs and that she loved them. Since then it is not known what happened to her.
1696739394960.png

Isn't the city of Gaza governed/operated by Palestinians? (Not Israelis)
Or do I have this wrong?

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office says Israel will stop supplying electricity, fuel and goods to Gaza.

Airlines canceled more than 80 flights to and from Tel Aviv by Saturday evening — roughly 14% of all flights scheduled — because of the unprecedented attack in Israel by the militant group Hamas, according to FlightAware.

Hamas Attacked Israel And Netanyahu Says His Country Is 'At War.' Follow Live Updates

11min ago

Number of wounded in Hamas assault rises to 1,864

The Health Ministry updates the number of Israelis wounded and hospitalized from the Hamas assault to 1,864.

Among them are currently 19 in critical condition, 326 seriously wounded, and 359 in moderate condition.

There are also 821 people lightly wounded and 20 being treated for traumatic stress. An additional 223 people are under medical supervision.

6min ago

IDF artillery strikes targets in Lebanon as mortar shells fired toward Israel

The Israel Defense Forces says it is carrying out artillery strikes in Lebanon after a number of mortar shells were fired toward Israeli territory.

The projectiles landed in the contested Mount Dov region on the Lebanon border.
There are no reports of injuries or damage.

“The IDF has been taking preparational measures for this type of possibility and will continue to operate in all regions and at any time necessary to ensure the safety of the Israeli civilians,” the military says in a statement.

@fred&edna, I can't access The Jerusalem Post website but their twitter/"X" is still up:
The Jerusalem Post (@Jerusalem_Post) / X (twitter.com)

Israel Gaza live updates: Israel warns Gaza residents to flee homes ahead of retaliatory strikes - BBC News
21:38

BREAKING Israel launches strikes in Lebanon​

The Israel Defense Forces says it is carrying out artillery strikes in Lebanon following "shooting carried out a few minutes ago into Israeli territory".

We will bring you more updates as we get them.

Hamas Gaza hideouts will be turned to ‘rubble’, Netanyahu says, amid Israeli operations to rescue hostages – live (theguardian.com)
1m ago05.46 BST

The Times of Israel is reporting the Israeli Defence Force has carried out artillery strikes in Lebanon after mortar shells were fired towards Israeli territory.

The mortar shells landed in the Mount Dov region on the Lebanon border. There are no reports of injury or damage.

The Times quotes an IDF statement:

“The IDF has been taking preparational measures for this type of possibility and will continue to operate in all regions and at any time necessary to ensure the safety of the Israeli civilians.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hobo1977