Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to lie, this is scary.
Very.

Is not just military against military, not faction against faction.
They are killing ordinary civilians indiscriminately, executing people on the street, in their homes, kidnapping other people and children to be used as bait, shields or negotiations.

The human race has such a terrifying capacity for evil.

The US’s Federal Aviation Authority has warned US pilots and airlines to “exercise caution” flying near Tel Aviv.

The Notice to Air Missions states:

“Due to the ongoing conflict situation in the region… operators are advised to review current security, threat information.

“Operators are advised to exercise caution. Delays are expected, operators should calculate fuel accordingly.”

Right, a passenger plane could very well be shot right out of the sky .

3min ago
Sirens sound near Gaza border amid drone infiltration alert

A suspected drone infiltration alert is sounding in the southern town of Tekuma, close to the border with the Gaza Strip.

The siren comes following a brief lull in rocket attacks from the Strip on Israel.

1m ago06.16 BST
Hamas Gaza hideouts will be turned to ‘rubble’, Netanyahu says; Israel forces seek to rescue hostages – live updates (theguardian.com)

There are reports from Israeli news sources that Hamas members have launched a new incursion into Eshkol, in the southern region of Israel. Israeli Defence Forces are responding according to reports.

4s ago (05:21 GMT)

RECAP: Let’s bring you the latest

• The latest escalation between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas group that governs Gaza, has killed at least 232 Palestinians and some 250 Israelis.
  • Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has threatened to turn Gaza into a “deserted island” and warned its residents to “leave now”.
  • Israel’s military has said that at least 26 soldiers have been killed in the unprecedented Hamas attack on the country’s south.
  • The Lebanese armed group Hezbollah has claimed responsibility for the mortar and rocket attack in northern Israel, and said it is in solidarity with the Palestinians.

Israel-Palestine conflict live news: Netanyahu warns of ‘long’ Hamas war | Israel-Palestine conflict News | Al Jazeera
50s ago (05:24 GMT)

Hezbollah claims responsibility for attack

Hezbollah has published a statement claiming responsibility for the attack we reported earlier:

“The radar sites, Zibdin and Ruwaisat Al-Alam were bombed with large numbers of artillery shells and guided missiles.

We targeted three Israeli occupation sites in the occupied Lebanese Shebaa Farms area.”

Israel Gaza live updates: Israel warns Gaza residents to flee homes ahead of retaliatory strikes - BBC News
Posted at 22:2222:22

More on Israel's strikes in Lebanon

Israel has warned Lebanon's militant Hezbollah movement not to get involved in the fighting.

Hezbollah is a Shia Islamist political, military and social organisation that wields considerable power in Lebanon. Like Hamas, it is backed by Israel’s arch-enemy Iran. It fought a month-long war with Israel in 2006.

In July, Israel's military responded with artillery fire after an anti-tank missile was launched from Lebanon.

Lebanon involved

Hezbollah claims responsibility for attack

Hezbollah has published a statement claiming responsibility for the attack we reported earlier:
“The radar sites, Zibdin and Ruwaisat Al-Alam were bombed with large numbers of artillery shells and guided missiles.
We targeted three Israeli occupation sites in the occupied Lebanese Shebaa Farms area.”

• The Lebanese armed group Hezbollah has claimed responsibility for the mortar and rocket attack in northern Israel, and said it is in solidarity with the Palestinians.

Personally, I am annoyed by the emphatic support that Israel is receiving by so many United States politicians, who have been almost completely silent on the war between Russia and Ukraine.

This contrast can lead us very far, and is dangerous. However, just to understand-
Ukraine borders with Russia and Belarus, but also, with Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Moldova. Ukraine lies in the center of Europe. Europe was so devastated by two world wars that any idea of changing the borders is unacceptable for most Europeans. The territory of Ukraine is 603,333 sq.km. The population is 36,744,636 people.

Israel has borders with Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon. The territory of Israel is between 20,770 and 22000 sq.km. The population is 9,790,400 people. Imagine Massachusetts amidst the desert. Plus, Israel is located in the part of the Middle East that used to be, is and will be a constant powder keg. Israel has been a very longstanding, and very loyal, ally to the US. I am a European, and the invasion into the Ukraine cuts deeply. But as an American, I understand that we can't lose Israel.

I can add many things, and history is full of horrible stories. But the Jews are one of the very few unlucky ethnicities that once were exterminated simply for being Jewish. It most world conflicts, there were/are, still, many additional factors involved. Here, nothing, just being Jewish. In fact, having one Jewish grandparent was enough.

9s ago (05:34 GMT)

Israel says it hit a Hezbollah post around the border with Lebanon

Israeli military says one of its drones struck “a Hezbollah infrastructure… in the Mount Dov” area along border with Lebanon.

The army made the statement on social media platform X.

31s ago (05:35 GMT)

Lebanon’s Hezbollah attack could worsen escalation: AJ correspondent

Reporting from Beirut, Lebanon, Al Jazeera’s Zeina Khodr has said that the Lebanese armed group Hezbollah’s attack in northern Israel, could worsen the ongoing escalation between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas group that governs Gaza.

Hamas had called on all armed groups in Lebanon to join the fight against Israel. Hamas has allies in Lebanon… All groups are all part of axis of resistance against Israel,” Khodr said.

“They [Hezbollah] did not hit open areas like we have seen in previous cross-border exchanges of fire, we understand that the mortars targeted an Israeli radar station. But still the choice of Shebaa as well as the use of mortars and not long-range missiles targeting Israeli cities or Norther settlements, this can be seen more as a message that this is what could happen if we do join this war- it could worsen the escalation.

9min ago

Hezbollah claims mortar fire from Lebanon at Israel

The IDF says it carried out a drone strike against “Hezbollah infrastructure” in the area.

According to a military source, the site was a tent the terror group set up in Israeli territory months ago.

Hezbollah has largely sat out previous rounds of fighting between Israel and Palestinian terror groups, only turning a blind eye to local factions operating out of its territory in southern Lebanon.

Time to completely annihilate hamas.
What’s frustrating is that the top leadership is living it up in Qatar. I really enjoyed “Munich,” which dramatized the Mossad assassination campaign against Black September, the terrorist organization that attacked the Israeli Olympic delegation in 1972.

I’d love to see a sequel…

''Before daybreak Sunday, militants fired more rockets from Gaza, hitting a hospital in the Israeli coastal town of Ashkelon, said senior hospital official Tal Bergman. Video provided by Barzilai Medical Center showed a large hole punched into a wall and chunks of debris scattered on the ground of what appeared to be an empty room and a hallway. The military said patients had been evacuated from Barzilai before the strike.
School was canceled across Israel.
Around 3 a.m., a loudspeaker atop a mosque in Gaza City blared a stark warning to residents of nearby apartment buildings: Evacuate immediately. Just minutes later, an Israeli airstrike reduced one nearby five-story building to ashes.
After one Israeli strike, a Hamas rocket barrage hit four cities, including Tel Aviv and a nearby suburb. Throughout the day, Hamas fired more than 3,500 rockets, the Israeli military said.
The shadowy leader of Hamas’ military wing, Mohammed Deif, said the assault was in response to the 16-year blockade of Gaza, and a series of recent incidents that have brought Israeli-Palestinian tensions to a fever pitch.''

The Home Front Command and the Israeli Police have announced the activation of a centre for locating missing persons.

The centre will operate in HaNegev 4, Building 433 in Israel’s Airport City complex near the Ben Gurion Airport.

Relatives searching for family members are advised to come to the centre with the missing person’s identification details, a photograph, and an item from which DNA can be extracted. Relatives who are in conflict zones are urged to report to the police hotline 105 by phone.

The Guardian

Israel will face crisis if Hezbollah joins confrontation: Haaretz

Gideon Levy, a journalist at the Israeli daily Haaretz, has told Al Jazeera that if the Lebanese armed group Hezbollah actually ends up joining the ongoing escalations, then Israel is bound to face a crisis.
“We will be facing a totally different reality where Israel has to fight two fronts and maybe three, if the occupied West Bank gets into the picture. That’s a new game and Israel will go through something it never faced before,” he said.

Al Jazeera

My neighbour is visiting her grandparents in Tel Aviv right now. I am feeding her cat until Oct 12th.

What a nightmare to see the news footage. She was going to be taking them on a trip down the coast. I hope they are OK.

I tried to text but her phone seems to be turned off.

Her phone just goes to voice mail, which is not surprising. Hopefully she and her grandparents are safe somewhere and I really hope they are.

I do have an emergency number for her Aunt, in case I had a problem with her cat or her house. But I am not calling it because that poor Auntie has enough to worry about besides my questions. :(

She was supposed to be flying out of Israel Tuesday but I am not sure if she will. Are the airports in Tel Aviv running as usual? She may not want to leave her grandparents so soon anyway. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper