Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her phone just goes to voice mail, which is not surprising. Hopefully she and her grandparents are safe somewhere and I really hope they are.

I do have an emergency number for her Aunt, in case I had a problem with her cat or her house. But I am not calling it because that poor Auntie has enough to worry about besides my questions. :(

She was supposed to be flying out of Israel Tuesday but I am not sure if she will. Are the airports in Tel Aviv running as usual? She may not want to leave her grandparents so soon anyway. Time will tell.
The major airlines have canceled all flights to and from Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv.

I hope they are okay, @katydid23, and that you can reach her soon.

Last edited:
9:13 am

Navy says it killed 5 terrorists hiding on Zikim beach

The Israeli Navy says it killed five Palestinian terrorists hiding on Zikim beach, close to the border with the Gaza Strip.

“In the last few hours, Navy control units identified five terrorists who were hiding in the Zikim area, in Israeli territory,” the military says.

Footage published by the Israel Defense Forces shows sailors of the 916th Patrol Squadron opening fire at the suspects in the area.

14m ago (06:23 GMT)

At least 20 children killed in Gaza

The death toll in the Gaza Strip includes 20 children, according to the health ministry.
At least 120 others minors have also been wounded.

Children in the occupied Palestinian territories are often the most vulnerable victims during periods of fighting.

Read this account on the impact of war on children in the besieged enclave.

9m ago (06:30 GMT)

‘Locals talking about pulling bodies’: AJ correspondent in Gaza

Al Jazeera’s Youmna ElSayed is once again reporting for us from Gaza this morning. She says that Israel’s attacks on the besieged enclave have intensified and residential buildings are being targeted.

“It is 9am local time her in Gaza and already 10 homes have been destroyed. Hamas leaders’ residences and offices have also been targeted,” she said.

“Local witnesses have been talking about pulling bodies from some of homes that have been targeted, over the heads of their civilians or residents,” she added.

9m ago (06:31 GMT)

Israel says it hit home of Hamas’ intelligence chief

The Israeli army says its forces have struck the home of Hamas’s intelligence chief in the Gaza Strip.

The home was used as a military infrastructure by the group, according to army’s statement on social media platform X.

3m ago (06:38 GMT)

Hamas says its fighters still engaged in ‘fierce’ battles inside Israel

Hamas’s armed branch, the Al-Qassam Brigades, says its fighters are still engaged in “fierce clashes” in several cities inside Israel.

These include Ofakim, Sderot, Yad Mordechai and Kfar Azza, Be’eri and Kissufim, read a statement from the armed group on its Telegram channel.

I feel like a coward because I can not watch this or any of the videos. As it is I can not sleep tonight and can not stop thinking about what people are going through.
It is disgusting to kidnap, torture, kill children and elderly families.
You’re not a coward at all, you’re just very sensitive and empathetic.

I am as well, but I feel a duty to watch things like this. Their suffering is so immediate and mine is just through a computer half a world away.

In my mind they need witnesses, because during the Holocaust so many refused to see the truth as it was happening. Maybe if they had it could’ve been stopped earlier.

So I force myself to see, so that I will know.

JMO

''7min ago

IDF says it hit home of Hamas intelligence chief in Gaza

By EMANUEL FABIAN
The Israel Defense Forces says it struck the home of the head of Hamas’s intelligence in the Gaza Strip.
The IDF says the home was used as military infrastructure by the terror group.
The military is currently continuing to carry out strikes across the Strip, the IDF adds.''

''5min ago

Bruno Mars leaves Israel after being caught up in rocket attacks

By JESSICA STEINBERG
Pop star Bruno Mars leaves Israel after canceling a concert and spending several hours in Tel Aviv as the Hamas terror group fired rockets at southern and central Israel.
Late Saturday, an Instagram story from the entertainment show “Good Evening with Guy Pines” shows a screenshot of Mars, his band and crew lining up at Ben Gurion Airport’s Terminal 1.
“To your question, after the cancellation of the show due to the war, Bruno Mars left Israel today at 2 in the afternoon together with 60 crew members. He flew to Athens and from there will head to Qatar to continue his tour,” writes Good Evening on the Instagram story.
Bruno Mars is scheduled to perform in Qatar tonight.''

A woman running on bare ground, with black smoke in the distance.

A woman rushed to the concrete shelter at her home in Ashkelon, Israel, after a rocket siren sounded on Saturday.Tamir Kalifa for The New York Times

Rockets seen flying through the morning sky.

A resident of Ashkelon, about 10 miles north of the Gaza Strip, looking out the window of his family’s apartment at destruction caused by a rocket fired from Gaza.
Security forces pass a burning car following a rocket attack Saturday in Ashkelon, Israel.

Security forces pass a burning car following a rocket attack Saturday in Ashkelon, Israel.

Israel and militants in the Gaza Strip have fought a series of armed conflicts in recent years, including some of the wars that have defined recent history in the region

Last edited:
10/8/23

Israel has launched a counterstrike against Hamas militants in the Gaza strip in the south, and is pounding Lebanon with artillery in the north, following an unprecedented sneak attack that has left at least 300 Israelis dead.

As the sun rose on Sunday following the deadliest day of violence in Israel in 50 years, the Jewish nation's warplanes strafed densely populated Gaza City with bombs in retaliatory strikes.

Heavy smoke and flames were seen rising from Gaza's Burc Vatan shopping mall, after the Palestine Tower in the Al-Rimal neighborhood, one of the tallest buildings in the strip, was reduced to rubble.

'Don't Kill Me': Israeli Woman's Plea To Hamas Group Who Kidnapped Her

The pair were in the south of Israel to attend a music festival.

Shocking footage of a 25-year-old woman being kidnapped from a peace festival by Hamas fighters has surfaced on the internet. The distressing video shows Noa Argamani pleading for her life while sitting on the back of a fighter's motorcycle.

Ms Argamani is seen forcibly being driven away by gunmen as she screams, "Don't kill me! No, no, no.” Her boyfriend Avi Nathan is also seen being manhandled by the Hamas group, reported the New York Post. Her boyfriend is also reportedly missing.

The pair were in the south of Israel to attend a music festival.

34min ago

UN peacekeepers on Lebanon border call for restraint from ‘everyone’

By AP
Israeli artillery at an undisclosed location in northern Israel bordering Lebanon on October 8, 2023.  (Photo by JALAA MAREY / AFP)
Israeli artillery at an undisclosed location in northern Israel bordering Lebanon on October 8, 2023. (Photo by JALAA MAREY / AFP)

A UN peacekeeping force deployed along Lebanon’s southern border calls for “everyone to exercise restraint” and make use of the force’s “liaison and coordination mechanisms to de-escalate” and prevent a fast deterioration of the security situation.

It said it had detected several rockets fired from southeast Lebanon toward “Israeli-occupied territory,” followed by artillery fire from Israel toward Lebanon.

The statement came shortly after Hezbollah said it fired at Israeli positions in the disputed Mount Dov area along the border.

The force known as UNIFIL says it is in contact with authorities on both sides of the border at all levels “to contain the situation and avoid a more serious escalation.”

An Israeli soldier stands guard next to a pickup truck mounted with a machine gun in the southern city of Sderot on October 7, 2023, after the Palestinian terror group Hamas launched a large-scale surprise attack on Israel (Oren ZIV / AFP)

Israeli security forces made headway early Sunday toward regaining control of the towns and areas held by Hamas terrorists who infiltrated 24 hours earlier, as the country reeled from one of the darkest days in its history, which saw an unprecedented onslaught on the southern communities with over 300 killed, over 1,800 wounded and apparently dozens kidnapped and taken into the Gaza Strip.

On Sunday morning, over 24 hours after the coordinated assault began, Israeli security forces were still struggling to clear terrorist cells entrenched within devastated communities.

10:41 am

IDF says it killed more than 400 terrorists

The Israel Defense Forces’ top spokesman, Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, says the military killed more than 400 Palestinian terrorists in southern Israel and the Gaza Strip, and captured dozens more, during the fighting that began yesterday.

As of this hour, there are forces fighting in [Kibbutz] Kfar Aza, there are searches in a large number of towns. There are IDF forces in all towns, there is no town that does not have an IDF force in it,” Hagari says in a press conference.

Hagari says the IDF’s missions are to evacuate all residents from towns on the Gaza border, end the fighting in Israeli territory, control the breaches in the security barrier, and continue strikes against terror sites in the Strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo