Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart breaks for all of the conflict and killing going on in the world right now.

What is the path to peace and civility?

How do we resolve this?

What is the path to resolution?

Constructive thoughts anyone?

JMO
All the children … terrified, displaced, killed :( Israelian, Palestinian, they should all be at home safe with their loved ones. Instead they are living hell on earth.:(

My heart breaks for all of the conflict and killing going on in the world right now.

What is the path to peace and civility?

How do we resolve this?

What is the path to resolution?

Constructive thoughts anyone?

JMO
Power hungry people quit wanting to take over things that aren't theirs.

People deciding to live with those that aren't like them in peace. Live and let live so to speak.

Mental illness to be cured.

A massive military operation seems certain​

Jeremy Bowen
International editor

Until now, Israeli prime ministers, including Benjamin Netanyahu, have resisted pressure to send a large force into Gaza to try to break the power of Hamas.

It’s a daunting military challenge, which would kill many Palestinian civilians and might not work. Instead they tried to contain Hamas by imposing a siege on Gaza – and by relying on intelligence and the deterrent power of Israel’s military.

That policy is now in tatters. A massive military operation seems certain.

Even if it achieved its objectives, without spreading the war to other places, it wouldn’t deal with some big challenges.

How would Gaza be governed? What would happen the day after Israel pulled out? Military force is not enough.

Longer term the underlying political reasons for this deadly conflict need to be addressed. If not, more generations will be sentenced to bloodshed and pain.

I agree, horrifying situations are happening.

But what are the practical solutions? How do we end this?

JMO
The two state solution, that's been discussed and put forth for decades, as recent as 2021.
But each side wants complete control of that entire region, each side wants the other annihilated.
Negotiation is out of the question for both sides.

Kill Hamas
I agree, Hamas has gone to guerrilla, terrorist and sub-human tactics and must be stopped. But how do you suggest this is done without starting a new World War?

Should NATO send ground troops? Should the US send military personnel to the front line?

IMO, there is no easy solution to solving this conflict, never has been.

JMO

A massive military operation seems certain​

Jeremy Bowen
International editor

Until now, Israeli prime ministers, including Benjamin Netanyahu, have resisted pressure to send a large force into Gaza to try to break the power of Hamas.

It’s a daunting military challenge, which would kill many Palestinian civilians and might not work. Instead they tried to contain Hamas by imposing a siege on Gaza – and by relying on intelligence and the deterrent power of Israel’s military.

That policy is now in tatters. A massive military operation seems certain.

Even if it achieved its objectives, without spreading the war to other places, it wouldn’t deal with some big challenges.

How would Gaza be governed? What would happen the day after Israel pulled out? Military force is not enough.

Longer term the underlying political reasons for this deadly conflict need to be addressed. If not, more generations will be sentenced to bloodshed and pain.

Sadly, I agree. This will end in a massive military conflict. I hope the after effect is a lasting peace.

JMO

This answers one question I asked earlier... Hamas (Palestine) HAS been governing the Gaza strip.

Now Israel Defense says they will be putting a stop to Hamas governing ability and weaponry. So, what has Hamas actually gained by this hellish attack? The attack has only promoted more death and destruction (as usual). imo
For Hamas the point was exacting as much death as possible upon the Israeli people- that is exactly what they wanted- death and destruction, and in that goal, sadly, they have been successful. Not only did they want to exact death and destruction upon Israeli's, they wanted to do it in the most horrific and sadistic manner, and they did that also. I hope Israel's payback is the complete obliteration of Hamas.

I have been playing devil's advocate all night to try to see a peaceful solution to this conflict.

Thanks to all weighing in on both sides.

After much constructive discussion I have come to the conclusion that Hamas must be stopped, at any cost.

JMO

I agree, Hamas has gone to guerrilla, terrorist and sub-human tactics and must be stopped. But how do you suggest this is done without starting a new World War?

Should NATO send ground troops? Should the US send military personnel to the front line?

IMO, there is no easy solution to solving this conflict, never has been.

JMO
I don't know the answer, but when Iran is backing this effort by Hamas that is disturbing and adds to the concern that we have to act sooner than later. I don't think US ground troops is the answer. I think Israel has plenty and any time a country can defend itself that gives them the power and the "win". I think the US is best by adding other things like the Navy being in the region.. maybe supplies or other ways that don't include troops on the ground. Maybe Saudi Arabia should help since it seems their relationship with Israel seemed to be adding fuel to the fire that Hamas had building.

For Hamas the point was exacting as much death as possible upon the Israeli people- that is exactly what they wanted- death and destruction, and in that goal, sadly, they have been successful. Not only did they want to exact death and destruction upon Israeli's, they wanted to do it in the most horrific and sadistic manner, and they did that also. I hope Israel's payback is the complete obliteration of Hamas.
So is Hamas just a faction that operates in the Gaza Strip? Do they speak for Palestinians that live in Gaza? Is this like the Taliban in Afghanistan or is Hamas really a representation of the people there and what they want?

I don't know the answer, but when Iran is backing this effort by Hamas that is disturbing and adds to the concern that we have to act sooner than later. I don't think US ground troops is the answer. I think Israel has plenty and any time a country can defend itself that gives them the power and the "win". I think the US is best by adding other things like the Navy being in the region.. maybe supplies or other ways that don't include troops on the ground. Maybe Saudi Arabia should help since it seems their relationship with Israel seemed to be adding fuel to the fire that Hamas had building.
I agree, the direct/indirect involvement of Iran greatly complicates things. It brings to light the long standing historical conflicts between Arabs and Jews. IMO, those conflicts go much further back than WWII or the 1967 war.

At this point, I just pray for a swift and lasting end to this conflict.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member