Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is what sociopaths do, what barbarians do---- and right here in the United States-- we allow this as "free speech" I need a barf bucket
It's sickening, and it's happening here in Canada as well:

"Ontario Premier Doug Ford is speaking out against a series of events being held that celebrate attacks against Israel that have left more than 700 people dead and thousands more injured. In a post on social media Sunday, the premier called these events “hate rallies” that celebrate “the kidnapping and slaughtering of innocent Israeli people by terrorists.”
“They have no place in Ontario,” he said, adding that these rallies are “reprehensible and disgusting”.

Israeli forces were positioned near the border with Lebanon early Sunday.

Israeli forces were positioned near the border with Lebanon early Sunday.
Palestinian militants from the armed group Hamas launched a surprise coordinated attack on Israel by land, sea and air on Saturday morning. Israel declared war in response, with another Iran-backed group—Hezbollah

Tel Aviv — Israeli soldiers continued battling Hamas militants in the streets of southern Israel Sunday, while in the north of the country they exchanged fire with Hezbollah militants launching rockets from Lebanon. Some Israeli communities along the Lebanon border were urged to evacuate.

Israeli officials confirmed early Monday that over 700 Israeli civilians and members of the military had died since Hamas launched an unprecedented attack on Israel from Gaza early Saturday morning. Another 2,150 were wounded.

Several U.S. citizens were killed in the attacks, a National Security Council spokesperson confirmed Sunday evening.

"We extend our deepest condolences to the victims and to the families of all those affected, and wish those injured a speedy recovery," the spokesperson said, adding, "We continue to monitor the situation closely and remain in touch with our Israeli partners, particularly the local authorities."

White House confirms US citizens killed​

The White House says "several" Americans have been killed in Israel, although no specific number has been given.

A National Security Council spokesman says the US government is monitoring the situation closely and is keeping in contact with local authorities in Israel.

Israel Gaza live updates: More than 250 bodies found at Supernova festival site after Hamas attacks - rescuers - BBC News

The latest situation in Israel and Gaza

A short time ago, we received confirmation from the Israeli military that more than 700 people there had been killed in attacks after a massive co-ordinated assault by Hamas militants that started early on Saturday.

The latest update from the Palestinian side says more than 400 have died after retaliatory strikes by Israel in Gaza. Here are more of the headlines:
Israel-Hamas war live: Death toll rises as attacks continue to pound Gaza | Israel-Palestine conflict News | Al Jazeera

Latest updates from Gaza

Here is the latest from Al Jazeera’s Tareq Abu Azzoum:
  • Israel has renewed air strikes on the Gaza Strip and is continuing to hit targets in the besieged enclave, including government and military-related sites.
  • The Ansar military training compound was among the buildings targeted in the attacks.
  • In retaliation, dozens of rockets were launched from Gaza into the southern Israeli town of Ashkelon.

Israeli airstrike kills 19 members of same family in Gaza refugee camp​

An Israeli airstrike has killed 19 members of a Palestinian family in a Gaza refugee camp.

The Associated Press reports:

The evacuation warning came shortly after dark. The Israeli military fired the shot just a short distance from Nasser Abu Quta’s home in the southern GazaStrip, a precautionary measure meant to allow people to evacuate before airstrikes.

Abu Quta, 57, thought he and his extended family would be safe some hundred meters (yards) away from the house that was alerted to the pending strike. He huddled with his relatives on the ground floor of his four-story building, bracing for an impact in the area.

But the house of Abu Quta’s neighbor was never hit. In an instant, an explosion ripped through his own home, wiping out 19 members of his family, including his wife and cousins, he said. The airstrike also killed five of his neighbors who were standing outside in the jam-packed refugee camp, a jumble of buildings and alleyways.

The airstrike in Rafah, a southern town on the border with Egypt, came as Israeli forces intensified their bombardment of targets in the Gaza Strip following a big, multi-front attack by Hamas militants Saturday that had killed over 700 people in Israel by Sunday night. Hamas also took dozens of Israelis hostage and fired thousands of rockets toward Israeli population centers, although most were intercepted by the country’s Iron Dome defense system.

So far, the waves of airstrikes had killed over 400 Palestinians, including dozens of women and children, health officials reported Sunday. There appeared to be several similar deadly airstrikes on crowded residential buildings.

The Israeli military said late Saturday that it had struck various Hamas offices and command centers in multi-story buildings.

But Abu Quta doesn’t understand why Israel struck his house. There were no militants in his building, he insisted, and his family was not warned. They would not have stayed in their house if they were, added his relative, Khalid.

“This is a safe house, with children and women,” Abu Quta, still shell-shocked, said as he recalled the tragedy in fragments of detail.

“Dust overwhelmed the house. There were screams,” he said. “There were no walls. It was all open.”

Hamas is responsible

I am leaving now for a pro-Israel rally in my neighborhood. My family is afraid that something will happen to me but I don’t think it will.

Someone said above that Hamas does not respect life.

I would say they respect life among their own but not outside it. For example, every so often we see young Muslim women killed by radicals because they didn’t wear a hijab to cover their hair, and that’s considered immodest.

Yet for Jewish women, they consider it a goal to parade these women naked in the streets.

I’m a Jewish New Yorker. My cousin is married to an Egyptian and I have many Muslim friends. None of them believe this way. All are appalled.

JMO
I understand your need to go to the rally @Arkay but please be carful and stay safe.

Gaza hospitals struggle under power cuts​

As we've been reporting, there have been casualties on both sides of this conflict. More than 400 people in the Gaza Strip have died in retaliatory Israeli airstrikes, and some 2,300 more have been injured, according to Palestinian health officials.

Power cuts in Gaza are posing a major challenge for hospitals, the territory's health ministry has said.

And the UN refugee agency, UNRWA, said it was sheltering 73,538 displaced people in 64 schools across the Palestinian enclave.

Protesters gathered in the US cities of New York, Chicago and Washington DC as renewed conflict in Israel and Palestine sparked outpourings of support and anger.

In New York, around a thousand pro-Palestinian and pro-Israeli demonstrators took to Times Square on Sunday to voice their opposition to Hamas attacks on Israel and IDF counterattacks in the Palestinian enclave of Gaza.

Demonstrators waved Palestinian flags during the peaceful march from Times Square to near both the Israeli consulate and the United Nations headquarters, where the Security Council was to convene over the weekend’s violence.

“We are here in solidarity with the Palestinian people who are fighting 75 years of Israeli settler colonialism, settler violence and 16 years of military blockade of Gaza,” said Munir Atalla, a 30-year-old member of the Palestinian Youth Movement group, which was among the demonstration’s organisers, the AFP reported.

“What we saw yesterday was the people of Gaza breaking out of their open-air prison,” he continued.

At a separate Manhattan protest on Sunday, a couple hundred people waving Israeli flags decried “vicious Hamas,” among them Ofer Jacobawitz, who said, “We need to demonstrate for public opinion.”

“We just want everyone to know that we’re supporting Israel and whatever it does now to in order to defend itself and prevent this from ever happening again.”

Israeli resident: Hamas assault 'truly horrific'​

"The army was overwhelmed. Until the army got to us, it was about eight hours," an Israeli resident in the Re'im kibbutz near the Gaza Strip has told the BBC's Newsday programme. The resident said they were in hiding during Saturday's assault by Hamas militants.

"We were locked in our safe rooms, on our own. There [was] frantic messaging from people in our messaging group saying we can hear Arabic outside our doors. They're inside our house. We have to have help," the retired teacher said.

"There was just the first responders from our kibbutz because the army couldn't get there. It was horrific. It was truly horrific."

Re'im is located near the site of the Supernova music festival in the Negev desert where over 250 bodies have been recovered following the attack, according to rescuers.

Roni Shvalb is a resident of Ofakim in southern Israel, one of the communities recently under siege by Hamas gunmen. She spoke with The Media Line about Saturday’s attack on her community and about her missing family members from nearby Kibbutz Nir Oz, where she works as a teacher.

[...]

... While I was chatting with my sister Karina, she sent me a joke, saying, “Ha-ha-ha, you will not have to go to work tomorrow.”

We knew that there were already terrorists in our city, Ofakim, and I told her, “They’re here in my neighborhood, I can hear them.” She said, “Yes, also here there are [terrorists].” And that is it, my communication with her was broken from 9:30 to 10 am.

I later spoke with my second sister, Paola, who was speaking to Karina by phone and said that she told her that she had seen blood on her balcony and went out to see what had happened to her husband and screamed, “They’re here, they’re here!” and the conversation was disconnected.

[...]

My heart breaks for all of the conflict and killing going on in the world right now.

What is the path to peace and civility?

How do we resolve this?

What is the path to resolution?

Constructive thoughts anyone?

JMO

Let's hope that the people who are supporting Israel are not close to the demonstrators for Hamas.

In NYC, when there are protests that are expected to be potentially explosive, the police have the opposing groups separated. They use barricades and the process is called “kettling,” so the groups will not get near each other.

Unfortunately, in today’s anti-Israel side, there was this guy brandishing a swastika.

A16DFA35-1FB5-4DB1-A1D5-06B57333F615.jpeg

More than 123,000 Palestinians displaced in Gaza - UN​

More than 123,000 Palestinians have been displaced in Gaza as of 09:00 local time (18:00 GMT), with close to 74,000 seeking shelter in schools, the UN said in a statement on Sunday night.

Israel has responded to Hamas' surprise attack with a series of air strikes in Gaza. The Gaza Strip is home to about 2.3 million people and has one of the highest population densities in the world.

Palestinian health officials say that more than 400 people have been killed, with more than 2,000 injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo