Issues w/ Jane Valez - 12/29/08 AND 12/30/08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't read this whole thread, but, must comment on this. If the attorney actually said what I enbolded, he is wrong, dead wrong. A subpoena does not give immunity. Only an immunity deal does that.

Wow, just friggin wow - can't these people hire even so so attorney's? Where are they finding these people?

The statute is listed in the other thread, in a felony case if you are subpoenaed to testify you cannot take the 5th, but anything you testify too cannot be used against you to bring later charges. If they can't get there another route they will, but your words cannot be used against you. The subpoena in this case would give you some protection but would also take away your ability to refuse to answer anything asked.

Also, why is the PI's videtape of any relevance whatsoever? Animals could have moved the remains to the location where they were found, which would explain why they were scattered. I think it's a non-issue. What I find to be an issue is why the private detective would videotape that area in the first place. Now, that seems suspicious.

Good show so far. I wasn't expecting any new info at all.

My feelings exactly.

Also, why is the PI's videtape of any relevance whatsoever? Animals could have moved the remains to the location where they were found, which would explain why they were scattered. I think it's a non-issue. What I find to be an issue is why the private detective would videotape that area in the first place. Now, that seems suspicious.

Good show so far. I wasn't expecting any new info at all.

If the PI was searching for a live Caylee, as Cindy claimed, why video tape an area with such heavy overgrowth of trees, vines and junk. Did they think she was in hiding?
jmo

The statute is listed in the other thread, in a felony case if you are subpoenaed to testify you cannot take the 5th, but anything you testify too cannot be used against you to bring later charges. If they can't get there another route they will, but your words cannot be used against you. The subpoena in this case would give you some protection but would also take away your ability to refuse to answer anything asked.

I see, I just read that. Wow.

I am confused... What would the subpeonas be for and why by not getting them could this mean charges were coming instead? (hope my question makes sense)

they would be subpeoned to testify in court during the trial. If they aren't, it means that LE has other plans for them. Dum Da Dum Dum!
(Old Dragnet Theme)

These new revelations makes me wonder what Mallory was really doing at the A's the day Caylees remains were found. :confused:

I would guess that tomorrow we will all hear that Lee's attorney either "misspoke" or that everyone "misinterpreted" what he said and he will go into coverup mode for what he said on Jane's show.

Perhaps LE is looking at LA's messing with Casey's computer and erasing information that might pertain to the case. Just thinking!

NO lawyer goes on tv and says their client "may" be charged..Who does this? lol. And I think thoust dost protest too much (the lawyer for Lee), so maybe Lee IS involved. Wouldnt put anything past this family. I never in my old life saw a family this messed up.

His attoney basically said that LA did some things during the scope of his own investigation that the SA office could consider obstruction of justice and hindering an investigation...huuummm..wonder what that could have been makes me think that the SA office must have been watching the whole family during the whole time they were carry on there own investigation.

COULD it be when he wiped out caseys computer before the police got to it ?

Yet Caylee would have been on the bottom right side of town if looking at a map.
Unless it was a "backwards" sort of way map in CaseySpeak.
Not if you were standing in the A fam's backyard. It would then be on the "bottom left" of the open field behind their house. Just saying...

Ok, maybe I missed something, but wasn't the trial pushed back to March? (Nice birthday present for KC maybe they will convict her on the 19th). If so, subpoenas would not have been issued yet for that date.

I don't understand how the absence of subpoenas at this date tells us anything at all.

I also do not understand any lawyer getting on tv and talking about possible charges coming down for his client.

The State of Florida could save itself a ton of money by just putting bars on the A house windows, put them all inside and weld the doors shut. Kinda like home incarceration, except jail food could be dropped in from a hole in the roof and they could all live together. Like a reality show, who will be the last one standing?

Cue the theme ..................

View attachment 1116 if it doesn't come through.......contact me and I'll send it over

I can't see the pic either. :confused:

Does it have something to do with post count?

Anyone know?

I get this message:

sundae, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

NO lawyer goes on tv and says their client "may" be charged..Who does this? lol. And I think thoust dost protest too much (the lawyer for Lee), so maybe Lee IS involved. Wouldnt put anything past this family. I never in my old life saw a family this messed up.

No lawyer does this unless he is either terribly inexperienced, or it's inevitable that his client will be charged, or both.

No lawyer does this unless he is either terribly inexperienced, or it's inevitable that his client will be charged, or both.

hate to say this but all of them have thus far said this.....jb (granted his guess was a wee bit easier)--but the new atty for the a's did to.....something is up there....did find it interesting how the other atty's were like WTH? with that comment...dont' think he has done any good with any of these interviews--except perhaps gain his moment in the sun --- isn't that what atty's do???:eek:

Ok, maybe I missed something, but wasn't the trial pushed back to March? (Nice birthday present for KC maybe they will convict her on the 19th). If so, subpoenas would not have been issued yet for that date.

I don't understand how the absence of subpoenas at this date tells us anything at all.

I also do not understand any lawyer getting on tv and talking about possible charges coming down for his client.

The State of Florida could save itself a ton of money by just putting bars on the A house windows, put them all inside and weld the doors shut. Kinda like home incarceration, except jail food could be dropped in from a hole in the roof and they could all live together. Like a reality show, who will be the last one standing?

LOL! Love your solution! :clap:

I can't see the pic either. :confused:

Does it have something to do with post count?

Anyone know?

I get this message:

sundae, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This thread/post should help explain http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73474

I haven't read this whole thread, but, must comment on this. If the attorney actually said what I enbolded, he is wrong, dead wrong. A subpoena does not give immunity. Only an immunity deal does that.

Wow, just friggin wow - can't these people hire even so so attorney's? Where are they finding these people?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Quick question. Have the authorities indicated to you that they could be hitting him with charges?

DELUCA: Well, they have not come to me as of yet. What they have done, though, is they have not yet issued him a subpoena for his trial testimony. That subpoena would give him immunity to anything he would say in court -- in a court of law. They have not -- the state attorney`s office has not issued a subpoena for him yet, and that is what troubles me, at least, as far as whether there might be charges on the horizon.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. No subpoena.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/29/ijvm.01.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13