Italy’s Highest Appeals Court to Decide Amanda Knox’s Fate

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but $$$ talks. And I expect someone to offer him an interview if he is willing and able to expose some of the corruption.

The trouble with that is I don't think any story he told for $$$$ would be credible. He'd just say whatever the person waving the $$$$ wanted him to say.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-neverending-nightmare-of-amanda-knox-20110627

Had the lovers waited for the carabinieri, a series of catastrophic blunders would likely have been avoided. For starters, the carabinieri would have prevented anyone from tramping through the crime scene. The two postal-police officers, however, allowed themselves to be led through the house in search of clues by a band of child sleuths out of Scooby-Doo. For there were now six of them in all — shortly after the officers showed up, two cars had arrived with Romanelli, her boyfriend and a third couple, friends of Romanelli's.

Here's an article quoting Maresca, the Kerchers attorney he knows the case inside and out much more so then 2 very biased authors who wrote books.

an attorney for the kercher's is actually being quoted as a less biased / informative source?

an attorney for the kercher's is actually being quoted as a less biased / informative source?

Maresca stood to make alot of money from the civil suit against Knox and Sollecito. He can kiss good bye to it now, because it falls foul of the European Convention on Human Rights to hold someone liable in a civil court once they have been judged not culpable in a criminal court.

The "actual perp" is in prison. He was convicted because his DNA was found on, around, and inside the victim. His bloody handprints and footprints were found, his feces were in the victim's bathroom, and he chose the "fast track" so he could get a lesser sentence. He also had a record for second story burglaries and he threatened his robbery victims with a knife.
They have the murderer.

In my opinion, his lesser sentence is the greatest injustice to Meredith and her family. He's eligible for day parole now. Any outcry over injustice should be over that, not AK being found innocent.

I'd say one that has actually been in court for every hearing and is fluent in Italian, compared to authors that haven't. So yes more reliable. I'm done with this point, I do not want to argue with you but thanks.

Funny that suddenly a favorable decision of a 'totally corrupt justice system' is supposed to be proof of their innocence. The evidence was enough for 2 guilty verdicts after all. It makes no sense the Supreme Court first overthrows an acquittal, gives guidelines with a guilty verdict as a result, then the same SC suddenly overthrows 2 guilty verdicts at once including the one that followed their own guidelines. The only thing that changed in recent years is that the discussion moved to the extradition issue. In other words, it became political. This verdict has nothing to do with the evidence, or justice. Politics took over. Sad. JMO.

the current panel of judges is the same as the one that decided to annul the acquittal in 2013?

and hellman got it right so at least one part of the system was always intact ;)

And I am also very grateful that Amanda Knox got her life back. I never believed she was guilty.

The nightmare is not totally over. I think there are still pending civil lawsuits by the police for saying that they slapped her on the back of the head during questioning. And there is the possibility that the Kercher family will sue her also for whatever passes for a wronful death civil suit in Italy.

As for her innocence (and that of Rafaelle), if you just follow the evidence from the crime scene, you can be reasonably certain that neither Rafaelle nor Amanda were involved. That has been the conclusion of every independent analyst that has any type of investigative training that I have read about.

Glenn

I admit I've not followed this as closely as some but a few pages ago in this thread someone linked to an article talking about the dna on the knife and I was really surprised that that was their ' smoking gun'. I cannot see that flying in a US court at all. For some reason I guess I just assumed they had really great evidence on her. Shows what assumptions do for ya ......

This, to me, only emphasizes the point that stereotypes were a major influence in the dynamics of this case.

Just because she's rich and American, and the perp is not, does not rule out the fact that this case may be stereotypical. Stereotypes are not always true, but it does not mean that they are always untrue.

**just spoke to a friend about this and realized that PL is an acqaintance of mine.

And I am also very grateful that Amanda Knox got her life back. I never believed she was guilty.

But does she at this point? Aren't there still civil suites to be dealt with?
As to guilt, involvement, or complete innocence - I've gone back and forth; but regardless, had I been a juror I could not convict.

I hope the Kerchers wait until the full report comes out and read over it with an open mind, I also hope they're not planning on suing anyone .. it's just sad that they believed the prosecutor.

They talk about Meredith Kercher as the forgotten victim.
Somehow Rudy Guede has managed to become the forgotten murderer.
I suppose the a fast-track trial has something to do with this. He told a pack of lies there, but the session was closed and no reporters were present.

The Kercher family protested the reduction of Guede's sentence.

They talk about Meredith Kercher as the forgotten victim.
Somehow Rudy Guede has managed to become the forgotten murderer.
I suppose the a fast-track trial has something to do with this. He told a pack of lies there, but the session was closed and no reporters were present.

The Kercher family protested the reduction of Guede's sentence.

And that should have actioned. There was substantial effort geared towards finding AK and RS guilty, could that have not been geared towards appropriating a fitting sentence to the person who admitted to killing Meredith, rather than having him eligible to roam the streets and harm again?

I'd say one that has actually been in court for every hearing and is fluent in Italian, compared to authors that haven't.

That description also fits Italian blogger Frank Sfarzo. Who could also be considered a victim of this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire