Italy’s Highest Appeals Court to Decide Amanda Knox’s Fate

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel as though there is no need anymore for the supporters of Amanda to come to her defense. She is free. What more do they want? I don't see what the point is now. All I am giving is my opinion. What is the point of this defense? I don't get it.
Might want to keep alive the discussion that a delusional prosecutor has imprisoned and tried 25 innocent people for murder. His "evidence" being whatever his mind can dream up.

Now I'm looking forward to Raffaele's book.....How Amanda did It

Might want to keep alive the discussion that a delusional prosecutor has imprisoned and tried 25 innocent people for murder. His "evidence" being whatever his mind can dream up.

Sorry, I could barely keep up with Amanda's case.

Sollecito’s formidable advocate Giulia Bongiorno cements reputation for winning tough cases
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/28/raffaele-sollecito-lawyer-giulia-bongiorno

Innocente
http://www.economist.com/news/europ...laws-italys-criminal-justice-system-innocente

Amanda Knox supporters: ‘The world decided to despise, denigrate and demean a kid’
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/29/amanda-knox-supporters-seattle-verdict

Amanda Knox's Ordeal Is Finally Over
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/03/amanda-knox-goes-free/388952/

Amanda Knox acquitted: Meredith Kercher's family 'bitter' about Italian court's verdict
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...er-about-italian-courts-verdict-10141391.html

If this is true, he needs to be put in prison for the rest of his life.

I can see it in her eyes. She has creepy eyes and mannerisms. Also whenever she gives her public speeches, interviews, or whatever - you can tell she is faking and lying through the whole thing. She has no real empathy, so she has to fake it. She does not care about Meredith and does not feel sad that she died or the horrific way she died. That's why she has to fake those emotions. Whenever someone has to fake emotions people would normally feel, that is not normal in my opinion.

LOL, if she saw you or me on video, she might feel we have creepy eyes or mannerisms.

That conviction was finalized by the Supreme Court on March 26, 2013.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/11/26/amanda-knox-italy-trial/3747101/
Amanda Knox appeals slander case to European court
AP 1:14 p.m. EST November 26, 2013

(AP) Lawyers for Amanda Knox filed an appeal of her slander conviction in Italy with the European Court of Human Rights, as her third murder trial was underway in Florence.

The slander conviction was based on statements Knox made to police in November 2007 when she was being questioned about the slaying of her British roommate, Meredith Kercher, in the house they shared in Perugia.

Knox says she was coerced into making false statements blaming the slaying on bar owner Patrick Lumumba.

"The interrogation took place in a language I barely spoke, without a lawyer present, and without the police informing me that I was a suspect in Meredith's murder, which was a violation of my human rights," Knox said in a statement released Monday as the appeal was filed.

Knox was convicted of slander at her first trial in December 2009. That conviction was upheld during the appeal that resulted in her 2011 murder acquittal.

Knox has returned to Seattle, where she is a student at the University of Washington. She is not attending the third trial being held in an appeals court in Florence.

The European Court for Human Rights is an international court in Strasbourg, France, that oversees the European Convention on Human Rights

Yes, of course I realize this. And the fact that supporters of Amanda STILL deny that there is one eensy beensy iota of strangeness about her, even after she is declared FREE and can never be charged for this murder again, is frankly strange to me.

I don't think anyone in the recesses of their mind can deny that she looks as though she is lying in front of cameras. And faking. And acting.

I am well aware that she is free now, but the question is - are her supporters aware of this?

I don't think anyone in the recesses of their mind can deny that she looks as though she is being honest in front of cameras. And telling the truth. And being real.

In Italy a verdict is finalized after the SC rules. The European court has nothing to do with that. Or does the same 'logic' apply to this verdict in case the Kercher family appeals to the ECHR?

The verdict is being appealed....

At least I'm not getting paid for saying something.

Those are your qualifications???

I do not recall anyone saying that John DOuglas was paid for his work. He did his profile of Amanda because of a request from another retired FBI agent.

I have not read any reports where an independent profiler has declared that either Rafaelle or Amanda fit the profile of a murderer. Quite the contrary. Also, I have not read any reports where independent crime scene investigators have shown how Rafaelle and Amanda did the deed. Quite the contrary. And then there is the complete lack of any independent DNA experts who have concurred with the prosection's DNA person.

Why should anyone accept your own analysis that flies in the face of those experts whose names and credentials can be verified. Now, again, if you would just present your verifiable credentials.

Thanks,
glenn

In Italy a verdict is finalized after the SC rules. The European court has nothing to do with that. Or does the same 'logic' apply to this verdict in case the Kercher family appeals to the ECHR?

Amanda's appeal to the ECHR is on the grounds that her rights to a fair trial and her human rights were violated in getting a coerced confession. The ECHR states that it cannot quash a conviction. It can rule on Amanda's claim concerning her human rights being violated and award her damages. The conviction will stand in Italy and Amanda evidently will owe Patrick L. some money. I don't know how long the ECHR will take, or even if it has accepted the case.

Glenn

There are indeed people who claim they can spot deception by looking at body language and how a person talks and whatever. I have no opinion on it, but to say it is all nonsense is a bit harsh. IMO. I remember my mother could always tell when I was lying, so maybe there is some truth to it :)

http://www.eyesforlies.com/blog/2015/03/amanda-knox-speaks-out-2/
(Poll shows 75% voted for Knox was involved in the murder of her roommate. Go fix it quickly! ;))

I've got a good story about this supposed expert "eyes for lies", and how she destroyed the reputation of an innocent 19 year old young man in a case local to me a few years ago. Sickening!

Involved? Has her DNA been found at the scene?
Several DAs in this country looked at this case closely. All of them said she never would have been arrested in this country. All of them said they do not believe she is involved. With that said, did you know the prosecutor in Amandas case was ARRESTED? WHY? In laymans terms, for railroading people. And believe it or not he was waiting for his own case to come up while he was railroading Amanda. That was Amandas claim. And whatever happened to that disguisting DA since then is neither nor.

I've got a good story about this supposed expert "eyes for lies", and how she destroyed the reputation of an innocent 19 year old young man in a case local to me a few years ago. Sickening!

Um yes she has a terrible reputation for talking complete %#^*!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj