Italy’s Highest Appeals Court to Decide Amanda Knox’s Fate

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Meredith. We will always remember you. I hope her family can have some peace now.

Also, she's just weird. I don't know why so hard for people to admit that. Especially now when she can't go to prison.

She's weird? That is exactly what has been wrong with this case from day 1. Weird?? Who gets to choose who is and isn't weird?

She (Amanda) is going to be haunted by what she (I believe) did for the rest of her life. Also she has psychological problems which are going to plague her for the rest of her life. I don't think she'll ever be normal. Raf on the other hand, I think he can live a normal and even happy life after this.

Her false imprisonment did indeed damage her psyche. The trials, jail time and abuse by the guard negatively impacted her life, yes.

Also, she's just weird. I don't know why so hard for people to admit that. Especially now when she can't go to prison.

I don't know her, so I don't know what she is like. Maybe she has a nervous personality type. Plenty of people do.

Oh come on, excuse me. It's over, you don't have to worry about her going to prison. Come on, Im sorry but one cannot honestly say that what she has said doesn't have a lot of holes and at times really doesn't even make sense. It's over, people don't have to put on an act for her anymore.
Exactly. It's over. Hopefully the final opinion of the Italian supreme court will make a strong argument for why Knox and Sollecito are innocent. Some will never accept that outcome. If the decision had been different I would still believe they were innocent.

Amanda Knox appears as a spoiled brat, one who all her life has gotten her way from everyone around her. Then she went to Italy. There her roommate was brutally murdered. And even with that, Knox could not pull herself together enough to act like a civilized human being who had just learned of the murder of someone who was more than just a simple acquaintance. I do not like anything about Amanda Knox.

Still, nothing convinces me that she was involved in the murder. Spoiled gal, IMO she still is and will probably always be that. She is not a likeable person at all based on what I have seen and heard from her. But Amanda Knox is not a murderer. She is free now, as she should be.

I don't know why so many people are so quick to judge Amanda and decide she is "weird". She seems well within the bounds of normal to me.

She's weird? That is exactly what has been wrong with this case from day 1. Weird?? Who gets to choose who is and isn't weird?

I did not say that she should have been charged or convicted because she's weird. The case is over, we can stop speaking legal-speak now. I'm just speaking as a regular person now, not a Websleuther. LOL. SHe is odd. The fact that nobody on the pro-Amanda side even acknowledges one iota of that is frankly startling and shows me that the thinking does not come from a reasonable frame of mind.

Her false imprisonment did indeed damage her psyche. The trials, jail time and abuse by the guard negatively impacted her life, yes.

No, I think she was psychologically messed up even before she got to Perugia. She has some mental/emotional issues going on.

this is incorrect as i've previously posted. but for some reason this myth keeps going and going... ??

two recent examples:

"But deals were approved for the five other defendants": http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/costa-concordia-captain-wants-plea-deal-1.1364705

"Davide Vannoni requested a plea deal of one year and 10 months. Prosecutor Raffaele Guariniello backed the request, saying the withdrawal by Vannoni of an appeal to the Lazio administrative court against a provision rejecting the controversial therapy eliminated all doubt concerning the possible reiteration of the crime": http://www.ansa.it/english/news/sci...ain_eb202d07-c1bb-4c18-815d-7d3a043e6c5b.html

My point actually and I shoudve said it this way, was only that they have a different form and it isn't called a plea deal. Anyways the whole point of the post was only that RG was not offered a less sentence as part of a plea deal. He took a fast track option that is afforded to all in his situation.

I have no idea whether Knox and Sollecito are innocent, however what I do know is that Merideth is gone. Her life was cut much too short and she didn't deserve that.

Thinking of Merideth's loved ones.
:rose:

I believe she is quite normal for the Oregon and Seattle areas. Have you seen any episodes of "Portlandia"???

Even though I disagree with the outcome, I'm glad that it's over. I hope the Kercher family can find peace.

I did not say that she should have been charged or convicted because she's weird. The case is over, we can stop speaking legal-speak now. I'm just speaking as a regular person now, not a Websleuther. LOL. SHe is odd. The fact that nobody on the pro-Amanda side even acknowledges one iota of that is frankly startling and shows me that the thinking does not come from a reasonable frame of mind.

Reasonable people can think very differently. I don't think she is odd or weird whatsoever.

No she has a psycho personality type. Not many people have that.

And you know this how??? Do you have access to psychological reports that no one else has??? Her past life has been put under a microscope for lo these many years and there has been no smoking gun to indicate any psychopathic traits. A former FBI profiler, John Douglas had this to say about Amanda and Rafaelle: "From the profiles created, none of the behavioral or forensic evidence leads to Amanda and Raffaele. There’s no history or experience related to violence or mental illness in their backgrounds. This is not a case of serial killers, cold blooded murderers. They used marijuana, but that’s not some hard core drug that will change a normal personality. They should’ve walked out of there. " (And they finally did.)

I do not know what your qualifications are to make such a judgment, but John Douglas, according to Krista Erickson who interviewed him in 2011 said: "Douglas has worked on over 5,000 cases. Of those 5,000 cases, he’s never been proved wrong on the guilt or innocence of a suspect. Not once. “I think that’s probably the biggest pressure, is the possibility of being wrong and why I got sick”, Douglas tells me."

http://www.womanonawire.blogspot.in/2011/09/unarresting-arrested-famed-fbi-profiler.html?m=1

Glenn

Ok, I did my own research into why Rudy Guede's sentence was only 16 years. Yes he did get 1/3 of the original sentence shaved off for opting for the fast track trial...his initial sentence was a life sentence. The 1/3 reduction brought it down to 30 years.

He then appealed the sentence, and the judge changed the life sentence to a 24 year sentence, citing mitigating factors. One of the mitigating factors was his willingness to implicate the others. The 1/3 reduction brought it down to only 16 years.

In effect, his saying AK and RS were involved took his shortened sentence from 30 years to 16.

Ok, I did my own research into why Rudy Guede's sentence was only 16 years. Yes he did get 1/3 of the original sentence shaved off for opting for the fast track trial...his initial sentence was a life sentence. The 1/3 reduction brought it down to 30 years.

He then appealed the sentence, and the judge changed the life sentence to a 24 year sentence, citing mitigating factors. One of the mitigating factors was his willingness to implicate the others. The 1/3 reduction brought it down to only 16 years.

In effect, his saying AK and RS were involved took his shortened sentence from 30 years to 16.

BBM
That's not true. The sentence was 30 years, reduced to 24 when Knox and Sollicito were sentenced to 24 years, then there was a 1/3 reduction, resulting in a 16 and 2/3 years sentence. With good behaviour, he'll be on day parole after completing half the sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay