Italy - Sailing yacht sank off Italian coast, 15 rescued, 7 missing, 19 August 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Chilling video 'captured by British Bayesian crew member' shows brutal storms approaching hours before doomed yacht sank killing seven"

If true, doesn't that make one wonder if the crew knew the approach of the "brutal" storm for "hours", why they may not have been fully prepared for the worst, presuming they were not.

ET: return to original version of post.

Last edited:
"Chilling video 'captured by British Bayesian crew member' shows brutal storms approaching hours before doomed yacht sank killing seven"

If true, doesn't that make one wonder if the crew knew the approach of the "brutal" storm for "hours", why they may not have been fully prepared for the worst, presuming they were not.

IMO.

In the Superyacht News video he shows the predictive weather maps. Their view is that nothing indicates the downburst that happened.

In the Superyacht News video he shows the predictive weather maps. Their view is that nothing indicates the downburst that happened.
Right...

That video you found, @SouthAussie is fantastic!

Below is the weather radar image Italian Sea Group shared with Italian media, claiming the crew must have known about the approaching storms, per that Superyacht News video, @ 7:50.

But I disagree with the news anchor in the video when he implies the crew would not have know about a downburst or how serious the storms were.I agree that no one on board could have predicted the downburst.

However ^^^ @SpanishInquisition posted a high alert about a Cyclone in the region in Italy that weekend. I responded IMO it was crystal clear there was a weather phenomenon unfolding that weekend, predicting volatile and potentially damaging storms for 18-8.

This storm struck just a few hours past 18-8.

Screenshot_20241005_180451_YouTube.jpg
ETA: to include weather data.and links
IMO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members