Italy - Sailing yacht sank off Italian coast, 15 rescued, 7 missing, 19 August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG, that is just heartbreaking. :(

I apologize for my musings about the accuracy of early reporting they were huddled together with a final air pocket. They were. And to think of the hydrostatic pressure on their ears as they descended to 50M is simply unimaginable.

Just when you thought this couldn't get anymore tragic...

A couple of points. Firstly, there's a disparity between the Mail's version of this story and the NY Post's. The Mail says that the Morvillo's drowned, but the NY Post says that all four suffocated.

Secondly, the Mail have revealed that it was Angela Bacares herself who went back down to try and warn the other passengers after she went up top and realised how dangerous the situation was. I'm becoming more convinced that the crew are going to end up being found negilgent here. If the crew knew that the yacht was in trouble and told the owner so when she went up on deck to talk to them, why on earth hadn't one of the crew already been told to go down and wake the passengers!

Just when you thought this couldn't get anymore tragic...

A couple of points. Firstly, there's a disparity between the Mail's version of this story and the NY Post's. The Mail says that the Morvillo's drowned, but the NY Post says that all four suffocated.

Secondly, the Mail have revealed that it was Angela Bacares herself who went back down to try and warn the other passengers after she went up top and realised how dangerous the situation was. I'm becoming more convinced that the crew are going to end up being found negilgent here. If the crew knew that the yacht was in trouble and told the owner so when she went up on deck to talk to them, why on earth hadn't one of the crew already been told to go down and wake the passengers!
I keep changing my opinion after reading all the articles - that it sounds like the crew and captain could be found not guilty of negligence and that the sinking could be determined as an Act of God with the freak weather that took place. Hope the inquiry doesn't take too long.
I have no experience with sailing whatsoever so my opinion is not from a knowledgeable view.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj
Back