Its the End of the Hallway: What's Next?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope she takes the stand. What do they have to loose at this point. I want her to take the stand so badly. I want to hear her voice, i want to see when and if she turns on the tears, I want to hear the words I know are lies, I want her to have to talk about Caylee, I want HER to give some explanation of ANYTHING...

I want to hear it too. The problem is they messed up so bad from their theory on the case that nothing would help. They need a do over.

So, if I understand this right, her only chance at NOT getting LWOP, but something less...is to get on the stand, tell the truth and plead for mercy. Am I correct?
I think you are right, but that is only my opinion.

So, if I understand this right, her only chance at NOT getting LWOP, but something less...is to get on the stand, tell the truth and plead for mercy. Am I correct?
Risky because the issue of whether or not the Florida death penalty procedure is constitutional or not is still out there, but if so, then what does she have to lose?

IF she is found guilty and gets the death penalty: The courts decide the Florida death penalty sentencing is unconstitutional because the jury doesn't have to state the underlying facts that supported the decision. She gets a free legal pass from the death penalty and thus her sentence is commuted by the governor to life in prison without possibility of parole. Then even if Florida fixes the problem, ICA still gets the pass because her case is already over -- just like what happened to Charles Manson in California.

Being from AZ of course I knew about the Ring case that created this constitutional concern in Florida. But the Florida statute doesn't say the judge CAN'T ask the jury to specify the aggravating circumstances found--does it? So can't HHJP just go ahead and give the jury a special verdict form asking for this information? Also, I believe there is some case law regarding the finding of agg. circs. that are just obvious undisputed facts--e.g., victim under 12--that the jury does not have to specifically find those facts.

In light of Ring, I assumed this was already the procedure in Florida, but apparently not.

Okay, so tomorrow (Friday, July 1): the rest of the rebuttal arguments.

Saturday: defense and prosecution closing arguments

Saturday upon adjounment: Jury watch begins (Saturday night? Sunday afternoon? Monday morning? a week from today?)

Am I missing anything?

ICA could be in the death chamber with the needle in her arm and she would still lie. We will never know exactly how she murdered Caylee.
I'm just waiting for her to meet the end of her cell whether it be LWOP or the DP. There are no more hallways for her.

I agree! Casey is going to still be lying as they are sticking that needle in her arm! Sadly we will most likely never know exactly what happened.

Ted Bundy did not admit anything till shortly before he was executed.

Interestingly, Judge Perry as a prosecutor witnessed the execution of Judy Buenoano hoping that she would admit her guilt at the last minute, but she never did.

The defense rests, confident in the spectacular job they have done. JB, a legend in his own mind, sure he has dazzled us all. CM ready for his nap... I believe ICA has gotten the defense she deserved, now it's up the the jury, and I hope, justice for Caylee.

And still, none of it makes sense like JB promised it would. I'm waiting for him to at least attempt his own crazy version of how it should all make sense now. One really shouldn't make such grandiose promises and then not deliver through on them, especially a defense attorney whose client is up for the DP.

IF she is found guilty and gets the death penalty: The courts decide the Florida death penalty sentencing is unconstitutional because the jury doesn't have to state the underlying facts that supported the decision. She gets a free legal pass from the death penalty and thus her sentence is commuted by the governor to life in prison without possibility of parole. Then even if Florida fixes the problem, ICA still gets the pass because her case is already over -- just like what happened to Charles Manson in California.
ayl

This. I'm pretty certain she will get 1st degree murder with D/P but Florida appeals court or SCOTUS will make that null and void. Based owgo n articles in the media earlier in the trial Casey would never make it to the death chamber anyway just based on the backlog from the insane number of inmates already on deathrow.

If she manages to appeal based on inadiquit council can she change her defense of what happened? If so and she gets lawyers who actually know what they are doing she could go for something closer to the truth. Caylee died by accident, she panicked. Admit she made up George molesting her but maintain that Lee did or went down that road. The Lee stuff could be closer to reality he and Casey came across as something being not quite right.

Apologize to everyone under the sun, cry and sound remorseful

Wont happen

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member