James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What do you mean, no prosecution possible?? As long as this case remains an open murder investigation, which it is at this point, there is a possibility for charges to be filed, depending on evidence coming to light which could provide a path for an indictment.

Granted, Patsy is gone, and Burke cannot be charged, but the GJ did vote to indict BOTH of the R's at one time, and that was long ago with records sealed and other information not pursued. If a new GJ get's called, it is not impossible for them to call for an investigation process which could glean new evidence. I'm staying hopeful, and I hope that Kolar holds out for a time he would be called into the GJ or a witness stand to tell us all what he knows!

I'm with you, MM! Get new GJ and this case will be solved, closed forever with proper justice for JonBenet!:please:

It's a very tragic thing that the probable suspect here was under 10 years old at the time of the crime. He is untouchable. No way will a new GJ be conveined with all of the tax money that would cost; it would not be feasible for a criminal who is not prosecutable. The myriad of other crimes committed by Hunter and Lacy as far as obfuscating justice has a statute of limitations which has run out, so they are safe as well. The writer of the ransom note and if I read the evidence correctly, the person responsible for the garrote, is dead. So unfortunately that means no prosecution is possible at this point in time. I hope I'm wrong! I just want JonBenet's story to be told, I want all of the details made public. I don't expect justice to be served in this world, but in אולם הבה, the world to come.
That's why I hope Kolar and others... maybe the Whites... will come forward with the truth.

It's a very tragic thing that the probable suspect here was under 10 years old at the time of the crime. He is untouchable. No way will a new GJ be conveined with all of the tax money that would cost; it would not be feasible for a criminal who is not prosecutable. The myriad of other crimes committed by Hunter and Lacy as far as obfuscating justice has a statute of limitations which has run out, so they are safe as well. The writer of the ransom note and if I read the evidence correctly, the person responsible for the garrote, is dead. So unfortunately that means no prosecution is possible at this point in time. I hope I'm wrong! I just want JonBenet's story to be told, I want all of the details made public. I don't expect justice to be served in this world, but in אולם הבה, the world to come.
That's why I hope Kolar and others... maybe the Whites... will come forward with the truth.
Yes, it would be great to hear what the Whites have to say. We need that miracle in this case.

If it was Burke, aside from the cost involved without any legal justice being possible - would justice really be served? If Burke was a deeply troubled child, either as the result of abuse of any kind, or at the mercy of something neurological, and yet has been able to heal enough to live an adult life free of harming others ... well that could well be the best possible scenario. His parents may well be culpable for what happened to JonBenet via his actions, but once it is done ... there was not another small sibling to protect that an outside course correction was imperative. They seem to have been able to raise him from that point successfully, he had treatment. I am not endorsing how it seems it was handled ... just pontificating with the benefit of the time that has passed and where he seems to be today. Of course, if Burke's issues have gone unresolved it is an entirely different matter.

I would love to know what actually happened to JonBenet. But not to the extent that I would want Burke's world blown apart if he has healed, because if he is responsible he was let down almost to the extent JonBenet was. That kind of incident didn't escalate out of nowhere.

If it was Burke, aside from the cost involved without any legal justice being possible - would justice really be served? If Burke was a deeply troubled child, either as the result of abuse of any kind, or at the mercy of something neurological, and yet has been able to heal enough to live an adult life free of harming others ... well that could well be the best possible scenario. His parents may well be culpable for what happened to JonBenet via his actions, but once it is done ... there was not another small sibling to protect that an outside course correction was imperative. They seem to have been able to raise him from that point successfully, he had treatment. I am not endorsing how it seems it was handled ... just pontificating with the benefit of the time that has passed and where he seems to be today. Of course, if Burke's issues have gone unresolved it is an entirely different matter.

I would love to know what actually happened to JonBenet. But not to the extent that I would want Burke's world blown apart if he has healed, because if he is responsible he was let down almost to the extent JonBenet was. That kind of incident didn't escalate out of nowhere.

Excellent, compassionate post. Thank you! :blowkiss:

Does nyone know where I can get Kolars book besides amazon.com? Is it ever gonna be available on kindle? TIA

Does nyone know where I can get Kolars book besides amazon.com? Is it ever gonna be available on kindle? TIA

Kolar's website: www.ventuspublishing.com
If ordered there, you may ask for and receive a signed copy.

He stated on Tricia's last show that he is working now with an editor to make some corrections, and that they are also working on getting a Kindle version ready.

I would love to know what actually happened to JonBenet. But not to the extent that I would want Burke's world blown apart if he has healed, because if he is responsible he was let down almost to the extent JonBenet was. That kind of incident didn't escalate out of nowhere.[/QUOTE You're right up to a point, but I'm not even close to being convinced that BR did this. IMO, certain people could be benefiting greatly from all of this speculation on BR...right along with speculation on an intruder or speculation on a friend or co-worker, and on and on. Anywhere but the adult Rs. And even if BR Was responsible, there came a point when his parents got physically involved, maybe up to the point of strangling JB to finish her off. IMO, BR can never be healed, as long as the truth is hidden, no matter what kind of counseling he has had. The truth and justice for JB is the only thing that will start the healing process. Even if justice is no more than the truth with an acknowledgment that the statute of limitations has run out. No matter what happened, I think the truth should be known. Plenty of people still suspect FW and a pedophile ring. They still suspect BM, the santa claus. A quick google of their names will show you what many people Still think about them. No matter whose world gets blown apart, all of these people that the adult Rs pointed their fingers at, deserve to have their names 100% cleared, once and for all. And if BR's world gets blown apart, he can thank his dad for that. moo

googling these suspects, I came across a weird tidbit. I read that one suspect, MH, (a suicide victim), reportedly owned a hat bearing the initials S.B.T.C. I then read it was a shirt, then a sweatshirt, then a hat AND a shirt. It supposedly stood for Santa Monica Tennis Club. See? because of weird coincidences and the Rs finger pointing, these people are still suspects. I just read a 2006 cnn article, detailing this man and BM. Really, there's no justification for this if BR is the guilty one.

Kolar is trying to get a Kindle version and an audio version.

I'll keep you posted.

Tricia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally ordered a copy and it has been shipped.
Looking forward to receiving it :)

That is an incredibly wise and compassionate post. Whenever I see another thread, or another book, or a news article or opinion piece about "Who Killed JonBenet," I always think to myself, "Well someone killed JonBenet" and I feel that deep lack of closure we all feel when this case comes up. But your post lets me see the possibility that, so very sad as this case is, maybe further closure for those of us outside isn't necessary or even desirable. Maybe, this case is self-contained, and closed in some important ways already.

Book arrived.
Thanks to the book depository whose free international postage made the thing affordable.
If anyone needs me, I'll be reading ;)

IMO, if Burke was involved, I believe the staging wasn’t just for the benefit of the police, it was also for the benefit of Burke himself. HE didn’t kill his sister – an intruder did. This enabled him complete denial in his mind. To the extent that he now claims he doesn’t even remember that night.

Even if the R’s knew that Burke couldn’t be legally prosecuted, they also knew that that kind of thing would haunt him; he would forever be known as that boy that killed his sister. That would hinder his future to a far greater extent than being that boy whose sister was murdered.

As previously noted, he was 3 weeks from turning 10… I’m not sure how he couldn’t remember anything about that night; the night his little sister was supposed to have been brutally and savagely killed in his own home. On Christmas.

It was hastily and sloppily done, but it served its purpose. They lost JonBenet, but they did, in the end, save Burke.
excellent post

Thank you, Mr. Kolar.
The most helpful items (for me) in Kolar’s book were the discussion of the touch DNA- exposing how ridiculous it was to rely on it for proof of an intruder plus the sequence of the injuries discussed by Dr. Werner Spitz. For those of you without the book here is the sequence of injuries per Spitz listed in the book pp 65-66 .

“1.This first injury sustained by JonBenet was believed to have been the constriction marks on the sides and front of her throat. He believed that her assailant had grabbed her shirt from the front and twisted the collar in their fist. The cloth from the edge of the collar had created the discolored, striated bruising and abrasions on the sides of her neck, and the knuckles of the perpetrator had caused the triangular shaped bruise located on the front side of her throat.
“2. JonBenet reached up to her neck with her hands to attempt to pull away the collar causing some nail gouges/abrasions with her fingernails on the side of her throat.
“3. Released from the grasp of the perpetrator, JonBenet turned and was struck in the upper right side of her head with a blunt object.. . . JonBenet’s head injury continued to bleed internally until her strangulation.
“4. The blow would have rendered JonBenet unconscious and accounted for the absence of any additional defensive wounds on her body. (Dr. Meyer had noted during autopsy no further signs of struggle, i.e. broken fingernails, bruising on her hands or fingernail scrapes on her face near the duct tape.)
“5. Inflicted perimortem with her death, was the insertion of the paintbrush handle into JonBenet’s vaginal orifice. The presence of inflammation and blood in the vaginal vault indicated that she was still alive when this assault took place, but it was believed that this took place at or very near the actual time of that death.
“6. The last injury sustained was the tightening of the garrote around JonBenet’s throat that resulted in her death by strangulation/asphyxiation.”

From Delmar England’ letter to MKeenen (ML), the information which was promoted by Lou Smit was that the kidnapper applied the garrote first, tightened it and this asphyxiated JB and then did the head blow for good measure. In his police interview JR wonders: JR: "I mean, there's just no reason to - to know that. I mean, I guess - well, like I say - I just, that's very difficult to think about and imagine, but I wondered whether the head injury didn't kill her and after that they strangled her."

Why does he wonder something which undermines his defender Lou Smit’s intruder theory? Could it be because he had something to do with the cord (garrote)?? MOO
Makes you go hm…..

The coroner noted absolutely NO evidence of scratch marks or any other defensive mark made on her throat by JB. The marks seen in the autopsy photos were noted as petechial hemorrhages. Spitz never examined JB's body and was not present at the autopsy, nor did he speak to the coroner who did.

This is a misconception that has been around for years- that she struggled or tried to grab her throat. She did not. Nor was there ANY of her own blood or skin found under her fingernails- both would HAVE to be present if she scratched or dug into her skin.

There was nothing at all noted by the coroner to suggest that she was strangled with anything other than the cord found around her neck. Had a shirt been twisted around her neck first, there would have been evidence to suggest that- I would hope the coroner would have noted it. The large, red triangular abrasion near the front of her throat is a very common mark found on hanging and strangulation victims- and represents blood pooling under the skin at a pressure point. Had there been knuckles pressing into her- there would be bruising that indicated that.

Thank you, Mr. Kolar.
The most helpful items (for me) in Kolar’s book were the discussion of the touch DNA- exposing how ridiculous it was to rely on it for proof of an intruder plus the sequence of the injuries discussed by Dr. Werner Spitz. For those of you without the book here is the sequence of injuries per Spitz listed in the book pp 65-66 .

“1.This first injury sustained by JonBenet was believed to have been the constriction marks on the sides and front of her throat. He believed that her assailant had grabbed her shirt from the front and twisted the collar in their fist. The cloth from the edge of the collar had created the discolored, striated bruising and abrasions on the sides of her neck, and the knuckles of the perpetrator had caused the triangular shaped bruise located on the front side of her throat.
“2. JonBenet reached up to her neck with her hands to attempt to pull away the collar causing some nail gouges/abrasions with her fingernails on the side of her throat.
“3. Released from the grasp of the perpetrator, JonBenet turned and was struck in the upper right side of her head with a blunt object.. . . JonBenet’s head injury continued to bleed internally until her strangulation.
“4. The blow would have rendered JonBenet unconscious and accounted for the absence of any additional defensive wounds on her body. (Dr. Meyer had noted during autopsy no further signs of struggle, i.e. broken fingernails, bruising on her hands or fingernail scrapes on her face near the duct tape.)
“5. Inflicted perimortem with her death, was the insertion of the paintbrush handle into JonBenet’s vaginal orifice. The presence of inflammation and blood in the vaginal vault indicated that she was still alive when this assault took place, but it was believed that this took place at or very near the actual time of that death.
“6. The last injury sustained was the tightening of the garrote around JonBenet’s throat that resulted in her death by strangulation/asphyxiation.”

From Delmar England’ letter to MKeenen (ML), the information which was promoted by Lou Smit was that the kidnapper applied the garrote first, tightened it and this asphyxiated JB and then did the head blow for good measure. In his police interview JR wonders: JR: "I mean, there's just no reason to - to know that. I mean, I guess - well, like I say - I just, that's very difficult to think about and imagine, but I wondered whether the head injury didn't kill her and after that they strangled her."

Why does he wonder something which undermines his defender Lou Smit’s intruder theory? Could it be because he had something to do with the cord (garrote)?? MOO
Makes you go hm…..
I think because even way back then, he understood that the blow could be explained by a rage, but the strangulation was premeditated murder.

The coroner noted absolutely NO evidence of scratch marks or any other defensive mark made on her throat by JB. The marks seen in the autopsy photos were noted as petechial hemorrhages. Spitz never examined JB's body and was not present at the autopsy, nor did he speak to the coroner who did.

This is a misconception that has been around for years- that she struggled or tried to grab her throat. She did not. Nor was there ANY of her own blood or skin found under her fingernails- both would HAVE to be present if she scratched or dug into her skin.

There was nothing at all noted by the coroner to suggest that she was strangled with anything other than the cord found around her neck. Had a shirt been twisted around her neck first, there would have been evidence to suggest that- I would hope the coroner would have noted it. The large, red triangular abrasion near the front of her throat is a very common mark found on hanging and strangulation victims- and represents blood pooling under the skin at a pressure point. Had there been knuckles pressing into her- there would be bruising that indicated that.

DeeDee249,
Are you suggesting JonBenet was hung? The phrase strangulation victims is a generalisation, do you consider JonBenet was hung or manually strangled?

I was reading on A Candy Rose today. Maybe some of you know this, but I had not heard it. Fibers consistent with the cord used to make the garrote were found in JB's bed. Another thing I found was when they talked about the bag with the rope on it, which was under the bed in the guest room. Brownish fibers consistent with the paper bag were found on her body and in the body bag. The article also mentioned that material consistent to wooden shards from the paintbrush were found on her vagina(that must be the infringement(sp) material. I am sure that most of you know about this. They found the brownish fibers when they vacuumed her bed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back