James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
^^This. Spot on. I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I'm surprised by all of the negative Nancys [Nancies? hehe] in this thread. What did you expect? A detective who worked on the case years after the fact to come up with some smoking gun that eluded every other detective or prosecutor, and for it to have been held in secrecy until the release of the book? If there was a bombshell, smoking gun, breakthrough in the case, etc., it would have leaked out in the media.

For me, his goal was to generate some renewed interest in the case from the public and to get his theories into print and to remind BR and JR that they're liars and scumbags. Can't fault the guy for that IMO, I thought the book was just fine. Personally, I couldn't put the thing down. One things for certain, BR knows much more than he has led on...I don't know how he can live with himself TBH. Every time I read about his interviews, especially the one with the therapist, it just shows that he didn't give one ***** about the death of his sister. If my little brother died like that, I'd probably be in a mental institution right now, I'm not sure if I would have been able to get over it. I would sure love to see his medical records from the shrink, that's for sure.

Just my $0.02.

jeeps,
ITA. Moaning Minnies as they might be termed over here.

Yes as far as I'm concerned Kolar has supplied the smoking gun: Patsy taking the heat for the partially opened gifts.

Nearly everything except the full details falls into place. Unless it was some kind of family get-together its BDI all the way for me.

Also if we can work this out then so could BPD all those years ago. So there was a legal cover up put in place.

Without Kolar's book we would still be speculating about JDI, PDI or BDI.

Fishee,
Nothing shameless about it at all. Its called marketing. Thats how business works.

LOL.

'Cept Websleuthes.com ain't a business. Certainly not in the traditional sense nor in the way it is represented by it's owner and mods.

They had multiple different housekeepers throughout time, but the housekeepers didn't live there... Perhaps the place was a mess by the time the housekeepers got there each day or few days- whatever the schedule was.... And at Xmas time, the housekeeper had been off for a day or 2 already so the place was messy already by that time...

Plus there are housekeeper statements about how messy the house was and what had to be done to clean after them...

They didn't have laundry baskets or toilet paper rings and such.... Generally unorganized until a housekeeper showed up.

So they were messy regardless and in-between housekeeper visits.

Deleted. Zero value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^This. Spot on. I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I'm surprised by all of the negative Nancys [Nancies? hehe] in this thread. What did you expect? A detective who worked on the case years after the fact to come up with some smoking gun that eluded every other detective or prosecutor, and for it to have been held in secrecy until the release of the book? If there was a bombshell, smoking gun, breakthrough in the case, etc., it would have leaked out in the media.

For me, his goal was to generate some renewed interest in the case from the public and to get his theories into print and to remind BR and JR that they're liars and scumbags. Can't fault the guy for that IMO, I thought the book was just fine. Personally, I couldn't put the thing down. One things for certain, BR knows much more than he has led on...I don't know how he can live with himself TBH. Every time I read about his interviews, especially the one with the therapist, it just shows that he didn't give one ***** about the death of his sister. If my little brother died like that, I'd probably be in a mental institution right now, I'm not sure if I would have been able to get over it. I would sure love to see his medical records from the shrink, that's for sure.

Just my $0.02.

This can be entirely explained if you look at Burke as a traumatised little boy, grieving the murder of his loved sister, and having to live with her murderers and cooperate with the cover up.

Children of the abused blame themselves. They make up excuses for their abusive parents, and still love them no matter what horrors they inflict.

Abused children almost always wish to return to abusive parents.

They can be manipulated very, very easily.

I think what you see as "not caring", I see as denial. He just shut it down.

God knows he had some role models on how to do that.

I used to think the adult Burke owed it to his sister to tell what he remembers of that night.

Now I believe that he actually remembers nothing...it was so traumatic he has blocked it out completely.

As an adult survivor of childhood abuse, I remember next to nothing of the detail.

:banghead:

This can be entirely explained if you look at Burke as a traumatised little boy, grieving the murder of his loved sister, and having to live with her murderers and cooperate with the cover up.

Children of the abused blame themselves. They make up excuses for their abusive parents, and still love them no matter what horrors they inflict.

I used to think the adult Burke owed it to his sister to tell what he remembers of that night.

Now I believe that he actually remembers nothing...it was so traumatic he has blocked it out completely.

As an adult survivor of childhood abuse, I remember next to nothing of the detail.

if he remembers nothing why didn't he agree to talk to the cops last year?maybe talking about it would have helped him remember something,anything.nope,he doesn't want this solved,he's exactly like his dad...just forget about it and move on.
I don't come from a happy family either and I feel sorry for every abused child who suffers cause I know how these things change your whole life,maybe this is why you see him as a victim(your own experience).But IMO victims don't act like he does,they want justice.Cause the pain never goes away.
But BR doesn't give a #$@$ IMO.Cause he ain't a real victim.IMO

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Foreign-Faction-Really-Kidnapped-JonBenet/dp/0984763201"]Foreign Faction - Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?: A. James Kolar: 9780984763207: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41pnSXBhYrL.@@AMEPARAM@@41pnSXBhYrL[/ame]#_

Amazon now provides a LOOK INSIDE, if anyone's interested in sampling the 'flavor' of Kolar's book.

I found it interesting that in his 'Foreign Faction' scenario he keeps the Monster perp in situ until the police are on scene, and JR is situated in the den, and is perfectly positioned - to be able to observe the perps potential exit from the train room window. Kolar even incorporates the butler door in the fantastical scenario. Well written portion.
I was surprised that Kolar makes mention of the removal of the golf bag from the crime scene, and describes how JR had "not intented to go golfing."

Until this point in time, removal of crime scene evidence had always seemed IMO, more of dramatic twist, parcelled in RDI theories, not a real possibility.
But now that possibility has been legitimized within the pages of JK's book.

A question...
p 504, Kolar describes the "kernel of glass on top of the suitcase [as] about the size of a pea". He notes it "should not be confused with the rectangular shaped piece of glass located on the outside sill of the window". (ie 2nd piece of glass approx one and a half to three inches in length.)

What is inference to be made, is it that the observed fracture patterns in the glass shards, are produced by different mechanisms. Or different time frame. Is it solely notable as part of the suggested staging.

My mother is also a survivor of childhood abuse, and she remembers every haunting detail nearly 40 years on - so I suppose we can agree that BR's memory of the night is debatable. You see BR as a traumatized little boy, I look at him as the indifferent perpetrator of the crime, perhaps even proud of himself - good riddance to bad rubbish as they say. Now he's got the parents all to himself. If you look at the details of BR's interview w/ the child psychologist only 12-13 days after his sister was found brutally murdered, you'll actually notice a lot of indicators that he was hiding something. He felt safe; he lied about wetting the bed; his answers reeked of indifference; he'd rather just play his nintendo; he was "getting on with his life." If it was so traumatic for him, how come he didn't show any emotion less than two weeks after her death? How come he wasn't crying as FW drove him over to his house mere hours after his sister was found murdered in their house? Surely he knew why everyone was at his house, including the police? How come he didn't ask about his sister? Why didn't he include his sister in the drawing of his family? Why is he so frank and blunt when asked what happened to his sister? It doesn't seem to qualify as denial. The whole bit about getting anxious when talking about uncomfortable touching, and his "secrets" are all indicators for me that the kid was hiding something. As a reference, I'm talking about the passage from the first post in this thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144585"]What do Burke's interviews tell us? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And this: "Burke's explanation to the doctor was 'someone took her quietly and took her down in the basement took a knife out or hit her on the head.'"

When were the autopsy details released that said she was hit on the head? Even if they were released prior to his interview, I thought he didn't ask his parents anything about his sister's death, so how would he know? I think it's a long shot that he would completely guess she was hit on the head and have gotten it right; although the knife reference was seemingly off, was it? If BR did play a part in this, it certainly could have played into the storyline. BR quietly took his sister to the basement after feeding her some pineapple to snoop for more Christmas presents - note the well known picture of presents unwrapped at the ends in the basement. They were snooping around, he took the knife out, scared his sister and she screams, and bonked her on the head to shut her up. PR wakes up, JR doesn't - he took the Melatonin tablet. PR used that same pocketknife to cut the cord, IMO.

On another note that ties into my belief of BR's guilt, the fact that Michael Kane referenced the grand jury's interest in Burke's aluminum baseball bat and the fact that he admitted he owned Hi-Tec boots (grand jury, see below) are also highly suspicious for me (referenced in Patsy's 8/00 Atlanta interview - just ctrl + F grand jury: http://www.acandyrose.com/2000ATL-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm), and it leads me to believe that the grand jury uncovered a lot more about BR than we will ever know. Perhaps the reason that no indictment was handed down was due to the fact that BR was 9 at the time of the murder, and couldn't have been charged. And since BR couldn't be charged, the DA's office would rather leave it alone (i.e. not charge PR or JR with conspiracy, cover up, what have you) because BR would have been dragged through the mud and it would have further ruined his life when the details were hashed out. I truly believe PR was involved in the cover up, as Kane referenced the fibers from the jacket being found all over the crime scene:

"5 we believe the fibers

6 from her jacket were found in the paint

7 tray, were found tied into the ligature found

8 on JonBenet's neck, were found on the blanket

9 that she is wrapped in, were found on the

10 duct tape that is found on the mouth, and

11 the question is, can she explain to us how

12 those fibers appeared in those places that

13 are associated with her daughter's death.

14 And I understand you are not going to answer

15 those."

LW, spin doctor and great defense lawyer he is, doesn't allow PR to comment on the fibers to attempt to explain why they would be there as asked by Kane. One thing's for sure, there's no chance this was committed by an intruder. That's just completely asinine, and any reasonable person would arrive at that conclusion, IMHO. The ransom note alone is the most overarching, convincing evidence that there was no intruder in the house that fateful night. Hopefully I'll live as long as BR, and maybe he'll make a death-bed confession. It's about the only chance we've got. Sorry for derailing the thread, had to splurge here. Feel free to tear me apart.

The author never claimed his work contained a "bombshell."

The owner of this board (and OP) came up with that term in her shameless, almost year long promotion/teaser of the book right here on Websleuths.

The wrath for the book not living up to hype should be directed at her not Mr. Kolar. It's her albatross not his.

Isn't one's disappointment with a book their own problem?

In a case that is this old, new revelations, new eyes, and pretty much someone in an official capacity putting information down in this form IS a bombshell.

Just because on page 12 he doesn't come out and tell you who he thinks did it like Steve Thomas doesn't mean we dismiss it.

I think you've let your own expectations cloud things and specifically not being lead, hand held, to the person responsible.

As for picking on Tricia's teasing and commentary on the book? I think if you had been involved in the research of this case at the same level as her for such a long time, perhaps you would be excited and enthusiastic about what you read in Kolar's book instead of having a little sook.

Definition of sook for non-Australians

I just received this book in the mail today (early xmas present). I'm afraid I'll be disappointed after reading the reviews on here.

ETA: Wasn't a WS'er in this forum going to write a book about this case? Can't recall who it was but I remember someone discussing it.

I just received this book in the mail today (early xmas present). I'm afraid I'll be disappointed after reading the reviews on here.

ETA: Wasn't a WS'er in this forum going to write a book about this case? Can't recall who it was but I remember someone discussing it.

I'm a Kolar fan - doubt you'll be disappointed in the read. It's well organized, has information that makes you consider the reality of the lives behind the Ramsey's closed doors, and still reinforces the hope that this case could be brought to a solution.

Best tip passed along is to read from start to finish without skipping ahead for peeks of clues. And look for the little daggers. There's a great rap up of them connected to important behaviors.

Super Dave is the one who recently still advised he hopes to get his book out.

I'm a Kolar fan - doubt you'll be disappointed in the read. It's well organized, has information that makes you consider the reality of the lives behind the Ramsey's closed doors, and still reinforces the hope that this case could be brought to a solution.

Best tip passed along is to read from start to finish without skipping ahead for peeks of clues. And look for the little daggers. There's a great rap up of them connected to important behaviors.

Super Dave is the one who recently still advised he hopes to get his book out.

Thanks - I do believe it was Super Dave. Can't wait to buy a copy when it comes out, SD...!

I think John Ramsey's words as he came upstairs after "discovering" her body are telling...

The priest heard him say he didn't mean to kill her OR they/kidnapper didn't mean to kill her because they kept her warm/wrapped in blanket...

Either way......what are the odds that a man like John Ramsey would immediately forgive/make excuses for the "kidnapper" killing her if the "kidnapper" was an outside source?

Answer.........not high.

You would have to be incredibly forgiving to find your dead daughter and immediately express this concept.

Unless of course he is forgiving someone in the house. It was an unconscious tell.

I think that Fleet knew exactly who killed JonBenet but didn't know the details.

No phone records, no medical records thanks to team Ramsey.

Why were both Burke and JonBenet in therapy BEFORE her death?

They knew Burke had a problem.........I don't think they thought it was as severe as it was or would result in death.

Him hitting her with a golf club before always bothered me.

Him being jealous, saying why does everyone ooh and aah over her bothered me.

Feces smeared over candy in room. Does that sound like something an adult would do?

Why did the dog prefer the neighbors?

When it is believed that a small conversation is heard between the parents and Burke on the 911 call, John seems to have a controlled anger towards Burke IMO. Why?

There are many things that point to this theory. It is plausible.

Cynic posted a link on FFJ to the Wilkenson Library presentation by Kolar, but couldn't get it to work. Poked around a bit, and think this will get you there if you want to check it out:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMtiVFzrN8o"]Chief Kolar on JonBenet Ramsey - YouTube[/ame]

Otherwise, type 'Kolar JonBenet Ramsey' in the search bar on YouTube and you should get it up.

Shoot!....I cannot open it, not from 'cynic' link, not on youtube...it's saying 'this video is private'.....any other way to watch it? Thank you in advance!

Shoot!....I cannot open it, not from 'cynic' link, not on youtube...it's saying 'this video is private'.....any other way to watch it? Thank you in advance!

Don't know why it wouldn't open for you?! Did you go to the youtube website and in their search bar, type in: Kolar JonBenet Ramsey

That's how I got to the screen that gave me the selection. A couple of videos will come up, but you'll know which is the one to pick. Unless someone is erasing it as fast as people figure out how to watch it, if that can be done! There is some really good footage in the video of the match up of the marks on JB to the toy train track, and also the match up to the stun gun, which obviously does NOT match.

The tracks are a perfect match, so now I have to think someone used a piece of track to poke her, perhaps trying to rouse her after the head blow. There were loose tracks in the train room AND in Burke's bedroom. Also, there was no report of holes in JB's white shirt or blood marks which might have been slight, from the marks, if the track was used to poke her while wearing the white shirt, unless it pierced the shirt without leaving holes. But, if she was wearing that red sweater turtleneck at the time, the track prongs could have gone through the knit without causing further damage to the sweater, unless she was shirtless at the time.

The only person I can picture using a piece of train track to poke JB to try to get a response would be Burke. I can't picture John or Patsy doing it. But would it be possible those marks could have happened earlier that day, maybe during a tiff while playing?

Yikes - I just tried opening the Kolar video again direct from my posting above, and it shut down with the 'private' message on me too! What in the world??

Maybe those train track marks are the cause of a tiff that lead to her being dead.

Maybe, Burke and JB snuck downstairs into the basement to play, after coming home fom the parties and got into a fight which lead to her death?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

OpenMind4U,
I've not read Kolar's book. But from what others say he has published we have a new perspective on BR, further information regarding JonBenet.

Thats an advance on all the other books. I just hope Tricia is on the phone to Holly Smith, ex-head of Boulder County Sexual Abuse Team. She has also published a book, but had to remove certain references to the JonBenet case.

Holly Smith has a story to tell, someone should offer her a forum so she can tell everyone why she was removed from the case?

Oh may I ask a stupid q, who is Holly Smith? Also what is Police Files book? Is there a book of the police files?! TIA

Oh may I ask a stupid q, who is Holly Smith? Also what is Police Files book? Is there a book of the police files?! TIA

The book: JonBenet - The Police Files by Don Gentile and David Wright

Here's some info re Holly Smith:

JonBenet Investigator Talks Exclusively to Fox 31 News
Created: Monday, 13 Nov 2006, 9:29 PM MST
JonBenet Ramsey
DENVER --
The tenth anniversary of the murder of JonBenet Ramsey is rapidly approaching. The whirlwind surrounding the arrest and release of John Mark Karr shows it's a mystery that continues to capture the nation’s attention.

Fox 31 News and Investigative Reporter Julie Hayden have received new information as one of the investigators talks for the first time about her experiences with the case.

Holly Smith recently wrote a book about her 20 years with the Boulder County Sexual Abuse team. She left out the chapter about the Ramsey case, but is now revealing her part of the investigation exclusively to us.

A Memory Forever Engrained

Holly Smith remembers walking up the steps to the Ramsey home: the big candy canes more jarring than festive considering the circumstances. The house was lavishly decorated.

Smith recalls, "It was big and it was meandering and it was schmanzy fancy."

It was the third day of the investigation into the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. Smith was head of the Boulder County Sexual Abuse team and has been called into the investigation, as she says, "to consult about some of the dynamics and some of the things people suspected might be going on with this case."

She started, as always, with a visit to the child’s bedroom.

"That's a really important piece of getting a real feel for a family," Smith explains.

With portfolio pictures galore and closets full of JonBenet’s elaborate pageant outfits, Smith says she had a hard time getting a fell for who the little girl really was, even in her bedroom.

She recalls, "I just had a sense the type of decor in her bedroom was not really a child's decor."

One poignant find that she does recall was a red satin box with what looked like JonBenet’s secret stash of candy.

She found something else in the room, however, which raised an immediate red flag. Smith says most of the panties in JonBenet’s dresser drawers had been soiled with fecal material.

"There is this dynamic of children that have been sexually abused sometimes soiling themselves or urinating in their beds to keep someone who is hurting them at bay," explains Smith.

JonBenet also had a history of bedwetting. While Smith points out there could be innocent explanations, this was the kind of information that raised questions.

"It's very different for every child, but when you have a child that's had this problem and it's pretty chronic for that child, and in addition you know some sort of physical evidence or trauma or an allegation, you put all those little pieces together and it just goes in your head," she says.

Smith adds, "There was an indication of trauma in the vaginal area."

The coroner's autopsy discovered evidence investigators say indicates JonBenet suffered vaginal trauma the night she was murdered. However the autopsy report also describes evidence of possible prior vaginal trauma. Experts disagree about the significance of that.

It could indicate previous injury or infection, a sign of abuse, or nothing at all.

Arapahoe County Coroner Dr. Michael Doberson says you would need more information before you could come to any conclusion. That was part of Smith's job. But then she was abruptly pulled off the investigation and told police were handling everything.

"There was a lot of territoriality around the case,” she says.

Smith says she also saw things in the Ramsey investigation that she's seen in other cases, like the factor that money played in it.

"No one is exempt but people with money are able to keep themselves more cushioned,” she says.

She says she also saw a reluctance to even consider the issue of child sex abuse.

Says Smith, "It’s just not a place where you know it's so abhorrent to people that they can't even do it, they can't even wrap their heads around it but it's more common than we think. The sexual violation of children has been around for a long time."

Smith believes all of them involved with the case lost their way.

She concludes, "In all the hyper-personalization around this case, everybody wanting a piece of it, everybody wanting to be the hero understandably and wanting to find out what happened to this little girl, our purpose really got lost. We lost sight of this child."

In her writing, Smith describes seeing a picture of a smiling JonBenet, taken Christmas morning and tells how distressing it was to realize the child would die what she called a hideous death that very day.

A lawyer for the Ramsey family did not return our phone calls. But the Ramseys have always denied that JonBenet suffered any kind of prior abuse and point out her pediatrician never saw anything indicating abuse, either.

The book: JonBenet - The Police Files by Don Gentile and David Wright

Here's some info re Holly Smith:

JonBenet Investigator Talks Exclusively to Fox 31 News
Created: Monday, 13 Nov 2006, 9:29 PM MST
JonBenet Ramsey
DENVER --
The tenth anniversary of the murder of JonBenet Ramsey is rapidly approaching. The whirlwind surrounding the arrest and release of John Mark Karr shows it's a mystery that continues to capture the nation’s attention.

Fox 31 News and Investigative Reporter Julie Hayden have received new information as one of the investigators talks for the first time about her experiences with the case.

Holly Smith recently wrote a book about her 20 years with the Boulder County Sexual Abuse team. She left out the chapter about the Ramsey case, but is now revealing her part of the investigation exclusively to us.

A Memory Forever Engrained

Holly Smith remembers walking up the steps to the Ramsey home: the big candy canes more jarring than festive considering the circumstances. The house was lavishly decorated.

Smith recalls, "It was big and it was meandering and it was schmanzy fancy."

It was the third day of the investigation into the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. Smith was head of the Boulder County Sexual Abuse team and has been called into the investigation, as she says, "to consult about some of the dynamics and some of the things people suspected might be going on with this case."

She started, as always, with a visit to the child’s bedroom.

"That's a really important piece of getting a real feel for a family," Smith explains.

With portfolio pictures galore and closets full of JonBenet’s elaborate pageant outfits, Smith says she had a hard time getting a fell for who the little girl really was, even in her bedroom.

She recalls, "I just had a sense the type of decor in her bedroom was not really a child's decor."

One poignant find that she does recall was a red satin box with what looked like JonBenet’s secret stash of candy.

She found something else in the room, however, which raised an immediate red flag. Smith says most of the panties in JonBenet’s dresser drawers had been soiled with fecal material.

"There is this dynamic of children that have been sexually abused sometimes soiling themselves or urinating in their beds to keep someone who is hurting them at bay," explains Smith.

JonBenet also had a history of bedwetting. While Smith points out there could be innocent explanations, this was the kind of information that raised questions.

"It's very different for every child, but when you have a child that's had this problem and it's pretty chronic for that child, and in addition you know some sort of physical evidence or trauma or an allegation, you put all those little pieces together and it just goes in your head," she says.

Smith adds, "There was an indication of trauma in the vaginal area."

The coroner's autopsy discovered evidence investigators say indicates JonBenet suffered vaginal trauma the night she was murdered. However the autopsy report also describes evidence of possible prior vaginal trauma. Experts disagree about the significance of that.

It could indicate previous injury or infection, a sign of abuse, or nothing at all.

Arapahoe County Coroner Dr. Michael Doberson says you would need more information before you could come to any conclusion. That was part of Smith's job. But then she was abruptly pulled off the investigation and told police were handling everything.

"There was a lot of territoriality around the case,” she says.

Smith says she also saw things in the Ramsey investigation that she's seen in other cases, like the factor that money played in it.

"No one is exempt but people with money are able to keep themselves more cushioned,” she says.

She says she also saw a reluctance to even consider the issue of child sex abuse.

Says Smith, "It’s just not a place where you know it's so abhorrent to people that they can't even do it, they can't even wrap their heads around it but it's more common than we think. The sexual violation of children has been around for a long time."

Smith believes all of them involved with the case lost their way.

She concludes, "In all the hyper-personalization around this case, everybody wanting a piece of it, everybody wanting to be the hero understandably and wanting to find out what happened to this little girl, our purpose really got lost. We lost sight of this child."

In her writing, Smith describes seeing a picture of a smiling JonBenet, taken Christmas morning and tells how distressing it was to realize the child would die what she called a hideous death that very day.

A lawyer for the Ramsey family did not return our phone calls. But the Ramseys have always denied that JonBenet suffered any kind of prior abuse and point out her pediatrician never saw anything indicating abuse, either.

about the poignant find...was this the same candy that was covered in feces? If it was, I wonder why she wasn't informed. IMO, it looks like this woman wasn't given the evidence, necessary to do her job. If the stained underwear raised red flags, I can only imagine how she would have reacted to the chocolate.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back