Jamie Lynn Spears Pregnant

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:truce:

Angelmom,

After thinking about my posting through the course of the day, I have to come back and apologize. I feel I attacked your style of parenting as well as you personally and that's wrong. I acted on the defensive, as well as emotionally - rough time of year for me. No excuses, just a contributing factor. But I acted no different than exactly what I was accusing you of. I truly am sorry. Everyone has to do what is best for their kiddos, and while we're coming at it from two different angles, I know that we both ultimately want the same thing for our children. Happy, healthy, secure in themselves, loved, to name a few. I Hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe New Years.

Lisa

Jinxie,

Thanks for your post. And I apologize too if anything I wrote sounded like an attack on you or your parenting. I really did not mean that. I wish you a very happy new year as well!

Also, thanks to those who PMed me so I could see this message. Happy New Year everyone!

The strange thing is the "Goodbye Zoey" episode had to be filmed last season, because she was just day's away from filming beginning for the next season when her pregnancy was announced. So, I wonder if she was being phased out even before she got pregnant.
It is a special episode, in the form of a movie, so I don't know when it was filmed. However, maybe you are correct. I can't imagine getting rid of the major character in a series unless something drastic has happened.

:confused:
I don't even know what to do with that one.

ETA My friends husband referred to his daughter's vagina as "the cookie jar" that really freaked me out. :eek:

That is just all kinds of wrong.

Actually, my boys handled it very well when they gradually realized that not every family was like ours. Just like they have so far not needed therapy as they realize that Santa and the tooth fairy are Mom and Dad. Like I have repeatedly said, this is not me putting blinders on them, just giving them the info as they need it. Our life might just be different from yours. I wouldn't ask you to apologize for having friends with a wide variety of family situations, but I don't feel I'm harming my kids b/c my friends happen to be largely traditional families. It's just how it is in our circle. Why is that a bad thing?

ETA: Jinxie, you took my DD's statement about where babies come from soooo out of context. That is NOT what I have taught her. It is roughly what I think she would say if you asked her. She really has no idea b/c it hasn't occurred to her and she has never asked me. The questions she does ask me I answer honestly and with correct words (i.e., we have no "hoo hoos" in my house.)

It's not that it is a bad thing, but part of being a parent is to expose them to life in a safe enviroment and to let them learn about the world while we are able to influence them and keep them safe. Not letting them know about other types of families and leading them to acceptance could be setting them up to reject those who are "different". I think that this is how racisim and other types of rejection occurs. Think of how people say they learned their belief systems? Most of the time, it IS from their parents. Some parents teach, for instance, rejection of other races? do i think that is right? no. but i do not think that teaching a child to reject a person in a social situation (an unwed mother) is right either. Part of a parents job I THINK is to teach tolerance and to provide life experiences.

I think that instead it is much better to teach abstience and delaying sexual activity rather than rejection of the unwed mother.

It's also not a matter of YOU having friends that provide your children with exposure. it is just a matter of taking teachable moments for your kids and turning them into positive learning experiences.

what is sad though is that some people don't think their kids need to know that information until they are 18 when they need that information when they are 12. or earlier. or sometimes, the parents neglect to give them information altogether because they are avoidant. if you've met someone who has been helplessly sheletered (and oh, have i!) life is really, really hard on them when they get out in the real world.

sounds like a pedophile thing doesn't it.

That was my reaction too and I told my girlfriend at the time that it was a vile expression. He wasn't and isn't, he's just one of those creepy guys.
I love her, but her husband is :sick:

I think it's quite possible that the staff of Zoey 101 knew Jamie Lynn was pregnant long before she admitted it--remember, they are making costume adjustments, etc. daily. I can tell you from my daughters' ballet performances that the costume fitters know quite well every intimate detail of what the girls do/eat etc. It's just part of their jobs.

My older daughter asked me at age 8 if people "really prayed to have another baby" when she caught the snippet of news on the radio about a 14 y/o having a baby. Her younger sister, who is much more savvy (and a Zoey fan) in every other way, knows there is more to the biology of life but so far says she just doesn't want to hear it. Of course, I am going to sit down with her and tell her, just as I did when her sister asked.

If they ask, you tell them.

At a certain point, if they don't ask, you still tell them.

I was horrified when my older daughter came home in 8th grade to mention that another student (one I remembered from second grade church choir!) was pregnant. She ended up losing the baby. (I am more cynical than DD, but I don't push that issue.It is possible the child was just not physically ready to carry a child fullterm.)

DD learned more from listening to that girl talk so easily "Well, I can have another baby!" as if that was all, at 14, she had to look forward to--than anything I could have said.

It's not that it is a bad thing, but part of being a parent is to expose them to life in a safe enviroment and to let them learn about the world while we are able to influence them and keep them safe. Not letting them know about other types of families and leading them to acceptance could be setting them up to reject those who are "different". I think that this is how racisim and other types of rejection occurs. Think of how people say they learned their belief systems? Most of the time, it IS from their parents. Some parents teach, for instance, rejection of other races? do i think that is right? no. but i do not think that teaching a child to reject a person in a social situation (an unwed mother) is right either. Part of a parents job I THINK is to teach tolerance and to provide life experiences.

I think that instead it is much better to teach abstience and delaying sexual activity rather than rejection of the unwed mother.

It's also not a matter of YOU having friends that provide your children with exposure. it is just a matter of taking teachable moments for your kids and turning them into positive learning experiences.

what is sad though is that some people don't think their kids need to know that information until they are 18 when they need that information when they are 12. or earlier. or sometimes, the parents neglect to give them information altogether because they are avoidant. if you've met someone who has been helplessly sheletered (and oh, have i!) life is really, really hard on them when they get out in the real world.

Well since I am talking about a 7yo (my DD) I don't think I'm at this point where I'm going to cause her to be prejudiced or shocked later in life just because I haven't taught her the facts of life yet.

Ducking back out of this thread.

ETA My friends husband referred to his daughter's vagina as "the cookie jar" that really freaked me out. :eek:

It's certainly freaking me out! :doh:

seriously: that's just wrong. :furious:

I am not even going to mention that to Mr. Texana.

His family has a history of heart trouble. He would, at the very least, be struck speechless with horror at the thought.

IMO----
I'll say one thing about those choice words. If that was MY friend and her husband called his little girl's private parts the cookie jar...I'd call CPS because that is screaming child sexual abuse. :furious:
That is freakin sick.

IMO----
I'll say one thing about those choice words. If that was MY friend and her husband called his little girl's private parts the cookie jar...I'd call CPS because that is screaming child sexual abuse. :furious:
That is freakin sick.

Absolutely. That man needs to be slapped.

Well since I am talking about a 7yo (my DD) I don't think I'm at this point where I'm going to cause her to be prejudiced or shocked later in life just because I haven't taught her the facts of life yet.

Ducking back out of this thread.

My 7 year old son doesn't know a thing about how sexual intercourse happens and what it leads to and I'm fine with that. He's never asked. If he asked, we'd talk about it.

He knows some stuff of course - that he started as an egg in my belly and Daddy fertilized the egg, etc... but he's never seem curious at all about how fertilization happened!

sounds like a pedophile thing doesn't it.

The cookie jar comment is, of course, inappropriate but - to me - it sounds like the comment of a man who doesn't respect woman more than the comment of a pedophile. Just my 2 cents. My best friend's ex-husband would make these type of creepy, inappropriate comments about women, girls, females in general. He's not a pedophile, IMHO, but he is a misogynist.

I don't worry about him sexually abusing my best friend's daughter (my goddaughter), but I do know that she will one day understand that her father doesn't like or respect women. That's a sad legacy for a girl to have to come to terms with from her Dad.

My 7 year old son doesn't know a thing about how sexual intercourse happens and what it leads to and I'm fine with that. He's never asked. If he asked, we'd talk about it.

He knows some stuff of course - that he started as an egg in my belly and Daddy fertilized the egg, etc... but he's never seem curious at all about how fertilization happened!
my little girl is 6 and doesn't know about that stuff, but she does know that there are different types of families... some are married, some are single parent headed, some are divorced, and some kids are adopted. and learned this early on. for instance, her best friend next door is adopted. we didn't go into the facts of life then. even though i bet we could have - her adoptive mom goes into all the dramatic details behind why the child was given up for adoption quite frequently. and it deals quite heavily with the facts of life.
but we've never gone into the "facts of life" when she has noted that some of her friends who come to her b-day parties only have a mommy at home. or when she was old enough to realize that her dad and i were never married, ect. it just wasn't a big deal.
angelmom, i'm not saying that not teaching children the information as it becomes important is not the right thing to do. and of course for your kids, whatever works. but i'm just saying that in general, that there are different types of families out there - and there is no denying that! and teaching children that all types of families are acceptable and teaching tolerance is part of being a good parent (at least to me). that's all i'm trying to convey.

p.s. angelmom, i thought that we were mainly talking about different types of families here, as you replied to my post about families and i replied back, not the mainly "facts of life" like you wrote. so you might have missed the entire point of my post. but i went ahead and wrote back! :-)

but i'm kinda done with the whole topic too angelmom. i just wanted to clarify what i was saying.

The cookie jar comment is, of course, inappropriate but - to me - it sounds like the comment of a man who doesn't respect woman more than the comment of a pedophile. Just my 2 cents. My best friend's ex-husband would make these type of creepy, inappropriate comments about women, girls, females in general. He's not a pedophile, IMHO, but he is a misogynist.

I don't worry about him sexually abusing my best friend's daughter (my goddaughter), but I do know that she will one day understand that her father doesn't like or respect women. That's a sad legacy for a girl to have to come to terms with from her Dad.

This is the same type of scenario. The guy is just a vile pig.

Yea Floh, Too bad that friend's hubby can't feel the snap of a riled up crocodile right where it counts!~

xox Scandi

I have to wonder why the guy was even talking about that particular body part to anyone or how old the daughter is since it's not usually a topic of conversation or a cause of concern to a kid. Sounds like something a truck driving beer swilling redneck would call the body part of his wife for obvious reasons, but definitely not one's own daughter. Looks like he wouldn't even enjoy the idea of some guy even thinking of his daughter's parts this way. I guess it takes all kinds.

Who's the daddy: Pregnant Jamie Lynn Spears dumped by boyfriend who demands proof of paternity

Pregnant Jamie Lynn Spears has been dumped by boyfriend Casey Aldridge because he doubts he is the father, it has been claimed.

Aldridge is insisting that TV star Jamie Lynn, 16, has a paternity test to prove he is the child's father, according to U.S reports.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=507398&in_page_id=1773

The long and winding road . . . what next? :waitasec:

Oooooh, i know! find the real father and see he does time if statutory rape is involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back