Jamie Lynn Spears Pregnant

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did get preg on the pill .... It is often not told to young girls but the pill is rendered inactive if you take antibiotics.

I was on the pill for many years before I was told this - I wound up pregnant in my 20s because of it - that's how I learned...a little too late, I might add.

"However if she were to contract HIV/Aids, Hep, any of the nasty little critters, those carry consequences that are way more horrific IMO." quote

Ok ya'll, I'm new here, so forgive me if I did this wrong.

I completely agree with this quote from JinxieJada. I have always worried way more about my 19 & 20 year old daughters getting a disease than getting pregnant. I hear so many people talk about being on birth control pills (which I'm all for) but what about HIV???? Or any other sexually transmitted diseases. I started teaching my girls from a young age about HIV (always age appropriate). As a matter of fact I realized I might be a little over zealous when my daughter was 6 years old and asked my mom "Do you have AIDS?" before she took a drink out of my mom's cup. lol.

Seriously though, as someone who always taught "No sex before marriage" I am also realistic and non judgemental with my daughters. I was taught "no sex before marriage" but of course I didn't wait. And then 42 years later my mom confesses to me that she and my dad didn't wait!

I believe in protection, protection, protection! Condoms and birth control together are a GREAT idea to me!

I was on the pill for many years before I was told this - I wound up pregnant in my 20s because of it - that's how I learned...a little too late, I might add.

My friend had this happen to her also! I had two IUD babies! So much for protection! LMAO!!!! ;)

Your mid-wife was wrong. .

haha! No way! She is great :)
I am very lucky to have her and recommend all women use midwives if you can.

Every drug you take, you should read labels and pamphlets that are included with the meds.

I guess the mid-wives/Doctors/Nurses just assume people are gonna read the whole package insert where it states clearly that if you are on antibiotics it will be less effective.
Let's face it, not everyone does that. I know I didn't. I just listened to what they were telling me. Now that I am grown woman who right now doesn't want another child, I have 4 biological kids and raising a family members baby, I use Mirena. (sp?) and I freakin studied that entire BOX/Booklet thing for a week before we "tried it out". ;)
Women, ESPECIALLY WOMEN, have to be wise about their own bodies and health.
This young girl wasn't told this and was ALLOWED by her mother to have sex (allowed the boy to live with them, duh) and obviously did not care enough to provide protection for this girl so she WOULD NOT get pregnant. If her mother was allowing this to happen she should have made sure the kid was safe.
She didn't and now here we are on websleuths talking about it. :banghead:

Jinxie, I am not going to get into a personal debate with you, but I'll leave it by saying you took my post completely wrong, I would not speak ill of others to my child or make her think they were "bad" if someone we knew got pregnant outside of wedlock, and I don't think you have shattered your child's innocence. I think you took my statement very personally due to your own experiences - not that I'd blame you for that - and felt that I meant something entirely different than what I was saying.

I did not teach my DD that that's where babies come from. She has assumed it from what she has seen of the world. Good, bad, or just a coincidence, we have a boring/tame/sheltered life and don't happen to know anyone who has children without being married. We don't happen to know any gay couples who have adopted or used a surrogate to become parents - well, my DH and I do, but no one who we are close enough with or who has children of an age where my DD has noticed the difference in the family. She only happens to have one or two casual friends in her class whose parents are divorced, and I had to explain what that meant in kindergarten. I don't think there's anything wrong with those people and I'm certainly not teaching her to judge them, but I didn't see a need to explain it until it came up.

My dismay at the whole Zoey 101 thing is that, whether you think a TV star should be a role model or not, little girls look up to her. They want to live her fantasy TV life. No matter how much you try to teach them about being intelligent and independent and successful, there is a certain appeal to being a star that even adults get caught up in. How can you blame a 6 or 7yo? And while you're right that JLS is not the first or the last teen mother, I wish she didn't have to do it in front of my daughter, splashed on the cover of a magazine with reporters following her and having photo shoots and a TV special and possibly keeping her job. B/c like it or not, I don't want my daughter to think being a mom at 16 is something to aim for. If it happens, I would love her and support her and do everything I could to make sure that she and the baby had what they needed, but I'm sure as hell not going to wish for it.

I'm sorry if you were offended, but I was not directing this at anyone personally. I think a public figure has a different obligation.

And PS to Pixies...you absolutely can get pg on the pill. It is about 97% effective when used correctly. I did it once and my best friend did twice. Oddly enough, for her other 3 pregnancies she had trouble conceiving. Who knows why, but it's true. Luckily we were both married and just trying to time things instead of high school sophomores. :eek:

Actually I took it to be the opposite - if (and maybe I"m misunderstanding her post) it's going to shatter her children's innocence by finding out that a tv character became pregnant and wasn't married, then yes, I do believe based on that comment, she would think I've ruined my childrern. After all, I'm NOT "legally" married :D Don't want to be, don't have to be, and have no desire to be.

And again, maybe it's the area we're in? But we go to the supermarket/out to eat/school etc and see gay/lesbian couples. People that have adopted outside their race. Interracial relationships, Young moms, as well as grandmas/grandpas raising their grandchildren for whatever reason. (raising, not helping out), Singles moms, those living together, and *gasp* Yes we do have married couples too lol.

AKA it's not any special circumstance my family has over another that has exposed my children to this. It's just common everyday life. Now if all the scenarios are wrong (based on previous posted that ALL Babies come to only MARRIED COUPLES who prayed for them, well what would one suggest I do to "protect" them from reality?

the nuclear family is actually in the minority. so different family mixes - single parents, adoption, ect... are all to be expected in day to day life.

I think angelmom's decision to teach her children her wish that babies only come to married couples and are wanted very much is akin to Santa, Tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny. I am not criticizing her at all-My tender aged lovelies believe in Santa etc...Where I might tread more carefully however is that the denoument that inevitably comes when kids figure out that the mythical figures are just that could be infinitely more confusing if we are talking about real life case scenarios. There are too many neglected children in or out of committed relationships to deny that this exists...mores the pity. In any case, that is something for the future-kids are resilient and their tender beliefs give way to reality as they mature...and so it goes!!!

I agree. It does not seem reasonable, as there are so many different types of families in America today. While this may be imparting and teaching her personal beliefs to her children (which is what we're able to do in America) she is not teaching them "the whole picture" and is leading them to be shocked when they one day find out that one day, this is not the case. People have babies outside of marriage, and even those inside of marriage find themselves pregnant when they do not want to be.

I agree. It does not seem reasonable, as there are so many different types of families in America today. While this may be imparting and teaching her personal beliefs to her children (which is what we're able to do in America) she is not teaching them "the whole picture" and is leading them to be shocked when they one day find out that one day, this is not the case. People have babies outside of marriage, and even those inside of marriage find themselves pregnant when they do not want to be.

Actually, my boys handled it very well when they gradually realized that not every family was like ours. Just like they have so far not needed therapy as they realize that Santa and the tooth fairy are Mom and Dad. Like I have repeatedly said, this is not me putting blinders on them, just giving them the info as they need it. Our life might just be different from yours. I wouldn't ask you to apologize for having friends with a wide variety of family situations, but I don't feel I'm harming my kids b/c my friends happen to be largely traditional families. It's just how it is in our circle. Why is that a bad thing?

ETA: Jinxie, you took my DD's statement about where babies come from soooo out of context. That is NOT what I have taught her. It is roughly what I think she would say if you asked her. She really has no idea b/c it hasn't occurred to her and she has never asked me. The questions she does ask me I answer honestly and with correct words (i.e., we have no "hoo hoos" in my house.)

Actually, my boys handled it very well when they gradually realized that not every family was like ours. Just like they have so far not needed therapy as they realize that Santa and the tooth fairy are Mom and Dad. Like I have repeatedly said, this is not me putting blinders on them, just giving them the info as they need it. Our life might just be different from yours. I wouldn't ask you to apologize for having friends with a wide variety of family situations, but I don't feel I'm harming my kids b/c my friends happen to be largely traditional families. It's just how it is in our circle. Why is that a bad thing?

Angelmom-

Just keep doing what you think is right with your children. I am sure you will explain to them those things that need explaining as you need to do it.

I can tell that you have the best of intentions where your children are concerned, which is refreshing in this day and age...so many kids have parents that abuse, neglect and kill them.

That is a very good point. I think it's great that your kids are surrounded by traditional families as you put it. I had always wanted that.
Then one day I ended up divorced, and then my dad died, and then my mom remarried. My stepbrother is gay in a long term relationship and had just adopted a baby when my daughter was still little. I remarried and now she has two stepsisters. I'm jewish, my husband is catholic.
So much for traditional families. LOL.
You are not harming your children. I'm just laughing to myself because I tried to have that traditional existence. It just didn't work out that way.
I should add that I am very happy in my life even though it didn't turn out the way I had "planned" it.
Your children will learn all these things as they get older. :)

Since I taught my kids abstinence at a young age, JLS would not have been an acceptable role model for my kids when they were young. I would guess that even the mothers here that had babies at a young age would not encourage their own daughters to do the same. I am sure it worked out for many of you and that make my heart happy. I think that is wonderful. But I would not wish it on my daughter. If it did happen, I would do everything in my power to help her to be a successful mother.

But, whether we like it or not, people like JLS are people that our kids watch and and often try to emulate. the only control we have is to not let them be a part of our children's lives. if I had a young daughter, JLS would be on the chit list. So I agree that we as parents are the ultimate role models and so I would role model that JLS is not someone to look up to or admire.
I think it is a big deal when kids raise kids and I would not want my daughter to do that. It's not fair to her and it is not fair to her baby.
JMHO of course.

That is a very good point. I think it's great that your kids are surrounded by traditional families as you put it. I had always wanted that.
Then one day I ended up divorced, and then my dad died, and then my mom remarried. My stepbrother is gay in a long term relationship and had just adopted a baby when my daughter was still little. I remarried and now she has two stepsisters. I'm jewish, my husband is catholic.
So much for traditional families. LOL.
You are not harming your children. I'm just laughing to myself because I tried to have that traditional existence. It just didn't work out that way.
I should add that I am very happy in my life even though it didn't turn out the way I had "planned" it.
Your children will learn all these things as they get older. :)

Thanks to you and others who understand what I'm trying to say. I do realize that times come when I will have to explain these things, and it's not always on my schedule. Some people are appalled that my children know about my miscarriages, and what a c-section is (which is how they were born). Unfortunately, they are also aware that parents can die since my cousin was widowed 3 years ago and was left with a toddler. It was quite frightening to my kids, and something I wish no child ever had to learn. We dealt with it as it happened. My middle son's best friend has been through treatment for leukemia, along with another boy at their school, and one of my good friends is being treated for a brain tumor. Lots of children don't know that kids or moms can get cancer, or what cancer is by age 7, but mine do. Why would you tell them until you have to? But we have had to. And they are fine.

So I think it is a lot about what experiences have come your way. And this is just one that hasn't hit us, and I don't think I'm alone in wishing I didn't have to have this conversation quite yet. I will, but I don't want to.

I think I'm done with this thread. I need to back away and stop reading it before I hurt anyone's feelings any worse than I have or have mine hurt. It is not worth it.

Thanks to you and others who understand what I'm trying to say. I do realize that times come when I will have to explain these things, and it's not always on my schedule. Some people are appalled that my children know about my miscarriages, and what a c-section is (which is how they were born). Unfortunately, they are also aware that parents can die since my cousin was widowed 3 years ago and was left with a toddler. It was quite frightening to my kids, and something I wish no child ever had to learn. We dealt with it as it happened. My middle son's best friend has been through treatment for leukemia, along with another boy at their school, and one of my good friends is being treated for a brain tumor. Lots of children don't know that kids or moms can get cancer, or what cancer is by age 7, but mine do. Why would you tell them until you have to? But we have had to. And they are fine.

So I think it is a lot about what experiences have come your way. And this is just one that hasn't hit us, and I don't think I'm alone in wishing I didn't have to have this conversation quite yet. I will, but I don't want to.

I think I'm done with this thread. I need to back away and stop reading it before I hurt anyone's feelings any worse than I have or have mine hurt. It is not worth it.
I think your input is awesome. You shouldn't leave this thread, you have much to offer.

Happy New Year, and never apologize for wanting to protect your children and for letting them just be kids for as long as possible.
Kids need to be kids.

:truce:

Angelmom,

After thinking about my posting through the course of the day, I have to come back and apologize. I feel I attacked your style of parenting as well as you personally and that's wrong. I acted on the defensive, as well as emotionally - rough time of year for me. No excuses, just a contributing factor. But I acted no different than exactly what I was accusing you of. I truly am sorry. Everyone has to do what is best for their kiddos, and while we're coming at it from two different angles, I know that we both ultimately want the same thing for our children. Happy, healthy, secure in themselves, loved, to name a few. I Hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe New Years.

Lisa

(i.e., we have no "hoo hoos" in my house.)

We don't either, but I really had to work against heavy-duty programming because my Mom always referred to my sister and my lady parts as tee-hineys, when we were growing up. As in "Be sure to clean your tee-hiney when you're in the bathtub, honey!"

In college, my best friend was from a family of 4 girls and all their life they referred to a penis as a "turkemfoil." I'm serious - what the hell is that!!??

:truce:

Angelmom,

After thinking about my posting through the course of the day, I have to come back and apologize. I feel I attacked your style of parenting as well as you personally and that's wrong. I acted on the defensive, as well as emotionally - rough time of year for me. No excuses, just a contributing factor. But I acted no different than exactly what I was accusing you of. I truly am sorry. Everyone has to do what is best for their kiddos, and while we're coming at it from two different angles, I know that we both ultimately want the same thing for our children. Happy, healthy, secure in themselves, loved, to name a few. I Hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe New Years.

Lisa

Jinxed - I love your posts and always have, but now I will love them even more because I can see you don't mind admitting your human-ness. You sound like a terrific Mom! I hope to see a lot more of you here at WS in 2008!

We don't either, but I really had to work against heavy-duty programming because my Mom always referred to my sister and my lady parts as tee-hineys, when we were growing up. As in "Be sure to clean your tee-hiney when you're in the bathtub, honey!"

In college, my best friend was from a family of 4 girls and all their life they referred to a penis as a "turkemfoil." I'm serious - what the hell is that!!??
:confused:
I don't even know what to do with that one.

ETA My friends husband referred to his daughter's vagina as "the cookie jar" that really freaked me out. :eek:

I just turned on Zoey. Looks like they are going to have her go off to London and stay for a while on the show....Or at least that is what the preview said. I thought they would either cancel the show or get rid of her for a few episodes. It is going to be on Friday night 7:00 central time zone. The movie is going to be called...Goodbye Zoey.

The strange thing is the "Goodbye Zoey" episode had to be filmed last season, because she was just day's away from filming beginning for the next season when her pregnancy was announced. So, I wonder if she was being phased out even before she got pregnant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back