Jamie Lynn Spears Pregnant

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
no offense, But - Zoey is a fictional character - I don't understand how that equates out to being a role model. Now I could see if she were doing a reality role, then she could be looked up to, and could semi *understand* people being disappointed about what's happening. But how is a created character from one's imagination turn into a role model?

Other than her sticking up for her sister I don't really know much about her personally to say one way or the other if she's someone I would want my daughter's emulating. However, I would much rather them look up to someone "real" faults and all, then someone who's a character on tv.

I still don't understand why the hoopla about her being pregnant though. Is it because of her age? because of who her family is? because she has her own show? what?

Excellent post, JinxedJada. I agree with your stance on this.

I think the hoopla is a combination of factors - that she's Britney's sister, hear age and the fact that she has her own show that lots of kids watch.

Jinxie, no offense, but I think you are taking it the wrong way. At least my posts. I could not care less about JLS or Brit or any of their antics.

I care about the fact that she is being exposed to the concept of an unwanted baby, when up until now she thought that ALL babies were a gift from God to married people who prayed really hard for them.

No offense, but you know that's just not reality. UNmarried women get pregnant every day. UNmarried women who PRAY they DON'T end up pregnant...often do. That's the reality of it, and while I can totally understand your stance on wanting your child to believe in your statement above, it's more fairy tale than reality. Knowledge is power.

I DO come from a place of wanting to protect my kids from some of the awful realities of the world, just like you, but pregnancy is a fact of life whether you pray to God for it or whether you made your relationship "legal" in the eyes of the law.

I've learned that when it comes to raising children, knowledge is power more than anything else.

No offense, but you know that's just not reality. UNmarried women get pregnant every day. UNmarried women who PRAY they DON'T end up pregnant...often do. That's the reality of it, and while I can totally understand your stance on wanting your child to believe in your statement above, it's more fairy tale than reality. Knowledge is power.

I DO come from a place of wanting to protect my kids from some of the awful realities of the world, just like you, but pregnancy is a fact of life whether you pray to God for it or whether you made your relationship "legal" in the eyes of the law.

I've learned that when it comes to raising children, knowledge is power more than anything else.

Agreed.
I don't get the whole role model thing myself. She is just a kid herself.
If she werent famous, if she were just a teenager living down the road, would you expect her to be a role model for your kids.
As a parent, it's up to you to teach your kids what's what, certainly not Jamie Lynn Spears or any other child star.

Have any of you watched her show Zoey 101, for even a few moments? Seriously, Jamie Lynn is not a good actress on that show. So unnatural - her dialog, expressions, all of it. We really felt she was the least talented cast member of that show. Just a pretty face and a famous name, the rest of the cast carry the show.

I agree CarpeDiem. I haven't seen it in awhile, but I thought she was very flat. Cute as a button, but not an actress.

The tabloids are saying she is 6 months along..

Does anyone know if this is true?

Sorry, I had to say something.
I really don't care. :doh:
Thousands of unwed mothers are out there.
I wish and hope for the best in there out come for them.:blowkiss:
Sorry again...

I just turned on Zoey. Looks like they are going to have her go off to London and stay for a while on the show....Or at least that is what the preview said. I thought they would either cancel the show or get rid of her for a few episodes. It is going to be on Friday night 7:00 central time zone. The movie is going to be called...Goodbye Zoey.

I just turned on Zoey. Looks like they are going to have her go off to London and stay for a while on the show....Or at least that is what the preview said. I thought they would either cancel the show or get rid of her for a few episodes. It is going to be on Friday night 7:00 central time zone. The movie is going to be called...Goodbye Zoey.

Thank you! THis is what my daughter was speaking of when we talked about the whole situation. And why I stated I wonder if Nick Had a "heads up" prior to the release to the media. Hence, if she had an abortion or miscarried etc, it could have possibly been written up that she would stay at home maybe? Could be wrong, and I probably am, but it had us thinking that they already knew. From what the teen zine she (daughter) has, it stated she would be making "appearances" for vacations, trips home etc.

If this is the scenario, I applaud NICK for trying to appease everyone. One is only pregnant for 9 months after all.

Are those that are crying out for the cancellation of her show, still going to have an issue, when she "looks" like "Zoey" again? Or do you think it will still be an issue since she'll be a "teen mom"?

Jinxie, no offense, but I think you are taking it the wrong way. At least my posts. I could not care less about JLS or Brit or any of their antics.

What I care about is my daughter, and the fact that she is SEVEN YEARS OLD, for Pete's sake, and a show she occasionally watches on a CHILDREN's NETWORK is now contemplating a special on teen pregnancy because their star is knocked up. I care about the fact that she is being exposed to the concept of an unwanted baby, when up until now she thought that ALL babies were a gift from God to married people who prayed really hard for them. Excuse me for wanting to shelter that precious innocence for a few more years.

Please don't take this as an attack but

How do you explain adoption to your children? Gay and Lesbian parents? SINGLE parents as well as Gay/Lesbian couples ARE allowed to adopt. I'm not religious, so maybe that makes a difference, but the little bit I do know about it - I don't recall anything stating that "God" only "grants" babies to those that wish/prayed for that child(ren). If that's the case - then damn, he's making some serious mistakes. I'm sure we ALL know a "married couple" who have questionable parenting skills.

Your children sound to be of school age - surely not everyone in your community has a stable married household prior to having children. IF it does, I would seriously alert the news..You have a rarity there!

What about children that are taken from the state for WHATEVER reason, whether it be founded or unfounded?

I don't understand how facing reality is shattering the innocence that they have. Does this mean you wouldn't warn your children of the dangers of a stranger because it would in fact "shatter their innocence"?

I think there is a difference in censoring things and "sheltering" them. Do my children know crimes occur? Do they know to watch out for strangers? You bet your bottom dollar they do. Do they know the horrific details about most of that stuff? Nope. See the difference?

My kids know I got pregnant young. They also know to try their damnedest not to repeat it. Because it was wrong? No - My oldest wants to do things that a baby doesn't fit into at that point in her life (The age I was when I became preggo). However, she also knows that IF she chooses to become sexually active - she has precautions to take. And if she needs help, she can come to me w/o judgment. And if the inevitable were to happen, she knows that I'm ok w/ her decision, whether it be to abort or to continue to term. Not to start drama - but after having gone through the adoption experience and seeing the psychological impact on all involved, that is something we would not advocate but would accept if she chose.

WHY? Because her having a baby at 16 is the LEAST of my concerns in this day and age. Preventing pregnancy is NOT all that birth control (ok oxymoron I Know) is about. I want her to be protected from the diseases that are rampant that carry LIFELONG consequences.

Let's face it - a pregnancy can be the start of a lifelong commitment (whether it's adoption, or carrying to term). Most (domestic) adoptions are open *note stated most, not all* to some degree. Which usually means there is a bit of contact. Hence most children in 10-20 years are NOT going to be searching the courtroom files because they will have that info accessible (our birth daughter does)

OR that same pregnancy can be over in exactly 5.5 mins.

However if she were to contract HIV/Aids, Hep, any of the nasty little critters, those carry consequences that are way more horrific IMO.

And if I can get that drilled into her head NOW - while it's not "heat of the moment" then hopefully it will stick when/if that "heat of the moment" time comes. We are trying to be very realistic. It was little over 12 years ago we were at that stage in our life. I want her to know her responsibility doesn't end with just getting a shot or popping a pill. That there is more to protect herself from than just an unplanned pregnancy, and that not only is she protecting herself and her future livelihood, but that of her future partner(s). (again, being realistic in that she(They, we have 3 daughters but only one of which is "getting to be that age") will probably have more than one sexual partner)

But I'm guessing to you - I've shattered my children's innocence eh?

Also I don't see ANYWHERE even in the tabloids that are going crazy with the situation, it ever be stated this was an UNWANTED pregnancy. Unplanned? Maybe/Maybe not. But unwanted? Well, I can't imagine she'd be granting interviews, and publicly making statements if that were the case.

Thank you! THis is what my daughter was speaking of when we talked about the whole situation. And why I stated I wonder if Nick Had a "heads up" prior to the release to the media. Hence, if she had an abortion or miscarried etc, it could have possibly been written up that she would stay at home maybe? Could be wrong, and I probably am, but it had us thinking that they already knew. From what the teen zine she (daughter) has, it stated she would be making "appearances" for vacations, trips home etc.

If this is the scenario, I applaud NICK for trying to appease everyone. One is only pregnant for 9 months after all.

Are those that are crying out for the cancellation of her show, still going to have an issue, when she "looks" like "Zoey" again? Or do you think it will still be an issue since she'll be a "teen mom"?
Yeah, I bet they wil still gripe. I feel sorry for her. I hope she turns this around and when it is all over, that she still has a career and turns out to be a great Mom. Also, I think they knew. The movie shows that they did.

Please don't take this as an attack but

How do you explain adoption to your children? Gay and Lesbian parents? SINGLE parents as well as Gay/Lesbian couples ARE allowed to adopt. I'm not religious, so maybe that makes a difference, but the little bit I do know about it - I don't recall anything stating that "God" only "grants" babies to those that wish/prayed for that child(ren). If that's the case - then damn, he's making some serious mistakes. I'm sure we ALL know a "married couple" who have questionable parenting skills.

Your children sound to be of school age - surely not everyone in your community has a stable married household prior to having children. IF it does, I would seriously alert the news..You have a rarity there!

What about children that are taken from the state for WHATEVER reason, whether it be founded or unfounded?

I don't understand how facing reality is shattering the innocence that they have. Does this mean you wouldn't warn your children of the dangers of a stranger because it would in fact "shatter their innocence"?

I think there is a difference in censoring things and "sheltering" them. Do my children know crimes occur? Do they know to watch out for strangers? You bet your bottom dollar they do. Do they know the horrific details about most of that stuff? Nope. See the difference?

My kids know I got pregnant young. They also know to try their damnedest not to repeat it. Because it was wrong? No - My oldest wants to do things that a baby doesn't fit into at that point in her life (The age I was when I became preggo). However, she also knows that IF she chooses to become sexually active - she has precautions to take. And if she needs help, she can come to me w/o judgment. And if the inevitable were to happen, she knows that I'm ok w/ her decision, whether it be to abort or to continue to term. Not to start drama - but after having gone through the adoption experience and seeing the psychological impact on all involved, that is something we would not advocate but would accept if she chose.

WHY? Because her having a baby at 16 is the LEAST of my concerns in this day and age. Preventing pregnancy is NOT all that birth control (ok oxymoron I Know) is about. I want her to be protected from the diseases that are rampant that carry LIFELONG consequences.

Let's face it - a pregnancy can be the start of a lifelong commitment (whether it's adoption, or carrying to term). Most (domestic) adoptions are open *note stated most, not all* to some degree. Which usually means there is a bit of contact. Hence most children in 10-20 years are NOT going to be searching the courtroom files because they will have that info accessible (our birth daughter does)

OR that same pregnancy can be over in exactly 5.5 mins.

However if she were to contract HIV/Aids, Hep, any of the nasty little critters, those carry consequences that are way more horrific IMO.

And if I can get that drilled into her head NOW - while it's not "heat of the moment" then hopefully it will stick when/if that "heat of the moment" time comes. We are trying to be very realistic. It was little over 12 years ago we were at that stage in our life. I want her to know her responsibility doesn't end with just getting a shot or popping a pill. That there is more to protect herself from than just an unplanned pregnancy, and that not only is she protecting herself and her future livelihood, but that of her future partner(s). (again, being realistic in that she(They, we have 3 daughters but only one of which is "getting to be that age") will probably have more than one sexual partner)

But I'm guessing to you - I've shattered my children's innocence eh?

Also I don't see ANYWHERE even in the tabloids that are going crazy with the situation, it ever be stated this was an UNWANTED pregnancy. Unplanned? Maybe/Maybe not. But unwanted? Well, I can't imagine she'd be granting interviews, and publicly making statements if that were the case.

Jinxed, your points are good ones and well taken. But I also hear what angelmom is saying and I think it's fair to want to sustain our children's innocence until the hard questions come up - that happens for different families at different times.

Nothing about angelmom's post indicates that she would think you have shattered your children's innocence.

A young child who has an older sibling who gets pregnant young or an older sibling who is gay and adopts will know more about such things than a young child who does not have circumstances like this in their family lives.

We can be honest with our children about the realities of this world when those realities cross their paths and at the same time we can want them to remain innocent to some of the harder life questions. These two positions are not mutually exclusive, but your post seems to want to make them so.

Wow-these posts are interesting...teen pregnancy continues to be such a hot button issue. I think it takes an extra-ordinary person to pull off parenting at that age. I have known some who were successful, and some who crashed and burned. The key is whether the pregnant teen wants the child for the right reasons-not because she is being pressured to have the baby, and not because she wants an exit from the pressures of her current existence (high school, and acting career she perhaps never wanted are examples...). The Spears girls have had to play out their adolescence in the eye of the public...every awkward moment, every pecadillo. Britney is a classic example of what goes wrong when that happens-at the end of the day her life was not her own to decide until she was the age of majority but she was left to her own devices and it is incredibly sad. I wish better for her innocent children who never asked for this life. I don't think Britney can be a parent to them until she learns how to control herself...that there are things in this world bigger and more important than she is. JMHO. As far as Jamie Lynn, if she is strong and mature and wants her baby for the right reasons, she will be a more successful parent. Any teen who is pregnant will be. I hope this is the case....

So has anyone else heard that she is pregnant for an older man?

So has anyone else heard that she is pregnant for an older man?

Its on the Front page of Star this week..
I am not sure its true ... maybe just gossip to make this already tragic circumstance more tabloid friendly???

Nothing about angelmom's post indicates that she would think you have shattered your children's innocence.

A young child who has an older sibling who gets pregnant young or an older sibling who is gay and adopts will know more about such things than a young child who does not have circumstances like this in their family lives.

Actually I took it to be the opposite - if (and maybe I"m misunderstanding her post) it's going to shatter her children's innocence by finding out that a tv character became pregnant and wasn't married, then yes, I do believe based on that comment, she would think I've ruined my childrern. After all, I'm NOT "legally" married :D Don't want to be, don't have to be, and have no desire to be.

And again, maybe it's the area we're in? But we go to the supermarket/out to eat/school etc and see gay/lesbian couples. People that have adopted outside their race. Interracial relationships, Young moms, as well as grandmas/grandpas raising their grandchildren for whatever reason. (raising, not helping out), Singles moms, those living together, and *gasp* Yes we do have married couples too lol.

AKA it's not any special circumstance my family has over another that has exposed my children to this. It's just common everyday life. Now if all the scenarios are wrong (based on previous posted that ALL Babies come to only MARRIED COUPLES who prayed for them, well what would one suggest I do to "protect" them from reality?

Actually I took it to be the opposite - if (and maybe I"m misunderstanding her post) it's going to shatter her children's innocence by finding out that a tv character became pregnant and wasn't married, then yes, I do believe based on that comment, she would think I've ruined my childrern. After all, I'm NOT "legally" married :D Don't want to be, don't have to be, and have no desire to be.

And again, maybe it's the area we're in? But we go to the supermarket/out to eat/school etc and see gay/lesbian couples. People that have adopted outside their race. Interracial relationships, Young moms, as well as grandmas/grandpas raising their grandchildren for whatever reason. (raising, not helping out), Singles moms, those living together, and *gasp* Yes we do have married couples too lol.

AKA it's not any special circumstance my family has over another that has exposed my children to this. It's just common everyday life. Now if all the scenarios are wrong (based on previous posted that ALL Babies come to only MARRIED COUPLES who prayed for them, well what would one suggest I do to "protect" them from reality?

I don't think its a good idea to take this to a personal level..
Everyone is entitled to raise their children with their own belief system.
This was not a personal attack upon you .. it was a poster posting their opinion about their life and how they choose to raise their children.
Maybe its best to keep this in terms of general debate and not take it like a personal attack upon your lifestyle.

Amazing that a thread about a teenage pregnant TV star can evoke such emotion in all of us.

I think angelmom's decision to teach her children her wish that babies only come to married couples and are wanted very much is akin to Santa, Tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny. I am not criticizing her at all-My tender aged lovelies believe in Santa etc...Where I might tread more carefully however is that the denoument that inevitably comes when kids figure out that the mythical figures are just that could be infinitely more confusing if we are talking about real life case scenarios. There are too many neglected children in or out of committed relationships to deny that this exists...mores the pity. In any case, that is something for the future-kids are resilient and their tender beliefs give way to reality as they mature...and so it goes!!!

This is not some poor uneducated girl from the ghetto. This is a girl who is rich, smart and had access to a healthcare provider who could have given her BC. FREE OF CHARGE!!! Without telling her mom!! (Of course the mom is a pathetic excuse for a mom allowing her boyfriend to live with them plus making her living off her own children.) This is not the 1950's. BC is readily available and it is reliable! I rarely believe when people say "I got preggers on the pill". It is mostly due to their own error when taking the pill. Does it happen? Yes but it is so unlikely. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting pregnant on the pill. (My midwife said this!)

Sure, most of us had sex as teenagers but most of us were smart enough to protect ourselves from pregnancy or STDs. The boy is at fault too. He should have worn a condom. ALWAYS!

Now, she is going to have a baby and she LIKE HER OWN MOTHER will make thousands if not millions of dollars off her baby by selling the photos and stories.
Blah, the whole family is so messed up.

This is not some poor uneducated girl from the ghetto. This is a girl who is rich, smart and had access to a healthcare provider who could have given her BC. FREE OF CHARGE!!! Without telling her mom!! (Of course the mom is a pathetic excuse for a mom allowing her boyfriend to live with them plus making her living off her own children.) This is not the 1950's. BC is readily available and it is reliable! I rarely believe when people say "I got preggers on the pill". It is mostly due to their own error when taking the pill. Does it happen? Yes but it is so unlikely. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting pregnant on the pill. (My midwife said this!)

Sure, most of us had sex as teenagers but most of us were smart enough to protect ourselves from pregnancy or STDs. The boy is at fault too. He should have worn a condom. ALWAYS!

Now, she is going to have a baby and she LIKE HER OWN MOTHER will make thousands if not millions of dollars off her baby by selling the photos and stories.
Blah, the whole family is so messed up.

Your mid-wife was wrong. I did get preg on the pill .... It is often not told to young girls but the pill is rendered inactive if you take antibiotics.
I was married so this was not a major setback.
I know plenty of women/girls this happened too. No Dr or midwife or planned parenthood person told them as such.

Jamie Lynn may be rich but that does not equate to being smart.
I am not sure why it is assumed she is??
She did have access but having access to healthcare and using it are two different things.

I do agree with you about the mother. Mom of the year Lynn Spears IS NOT.
and where is their father in all of this???
We never read or hear much from him.

I think you and I are reading angelmom's post from very different eyes!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back