Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On CNN.........Japan's PM was heard using profanity while on the phone with TEPCO saying ot took them over an hour to tell the gov. about explosion. Talking about how TEPCO has flat lied at times.

I have AC360 (CNN) on right now. At 8 PDT Chris Janssing (MSNBC) will have a special show on from Japan. I think she is in Tokyo.

But, what I really wanted to say is, Rachel Maddow's Show (MSNBC) tonight was just excellent! Every night (Friday, and again on Monday) she has been explaining all this nuclear stuff and tonight was without exception just unbelievably good. She showed a 2 or 3 year old NBC report that was done at a nuclear plant, and you could see the 'rods', the uranium pellets, the pools, everything! The important feature to me was that I could finally see this stuff in scale and in relation to each other.

Every single minute of the show tonight was jam packed and purely educational, and I highly recommend it. If they stick to the normal schedule, it should repeat at 9 PM PDT.

Saying the news about workers evac'ing came from a press conference by one of Japan's officials, still trying to verify............(CNN)

ok - since most of us have been watching CNN - they talked about the spent fuel rods being stored high up in the building. They are kept in like a big swimming pool.

So, question. All four of those buildings look the same - so I'm assuming that all four buildings had spent fuel rod pools high up in the corners.

What happened to the two reactor buildings that blew? We have pictures of the one - with just the "framing" left on the top and the other one is just a mangled mess. What happened to those spen fuel rod pools? Did they have spent fuel rods in them? If so, where did they go?

hln: govt says workers have suspended the operation

sigh....

Foxnews reporting Japan reports radiation levels have surged and workers have been evacuated from one of the plants.

ok - since most of us have been watching CNN - they talked about the spent fuel rods being stored high up in the building. They are kept in like a big swimming pool.

So, question. All four of those buildings look the same - so I'm assuming that all four buildings had spent fuel rod pools high up in the corners.

What happened to the two reactor buildings that blew? We have pictures of the one - with just the "framing" left on the top and the other one is just a mangled mess. What happened to those spen fuel rod pools? Did they have spent fuel rods in them? If so, where did they go?

The very question I posed this afternoon. I truly feel that information is being actively withheld or at the least, not being released in a timely manner. As for the Japan PM blaming Tepco for not being informed of the explosion---I don't know if that is what really happened or not. Frankly, no one---the Japanese gov't nor Tepco----is being forthcoming about information.

I cannot believe they pulled those workers. That means there are 6 reactors with very real problems that are unmanned. Dear God.

They are going with the workers being evacuated.........now what?

There was a fantastic link yesterday to NHK+explosion (I think) which lead to a twitter feed. I would love to find it again - can someone help? I got so lost looking for it...

Best-
Herding Cats

does this mean they are just gonna let it blow? omg

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/20...h-2/#chief-cabinet-secretarys-news-conference

10:22 P.M. |Chief Cabinet Secretary’s News Conference

Japan’s chief cabinet secretary, Yukio Edano, is holding a news conference that is being broadcast live on Japanese television. Mr. Edano said radiation readings started rising rapidly Wednesday morning outside the front gate of the Fukushima Daiichi plant. “All the workers there have suspended their operations. We have urged them to evacuate, and they have,” he said, according to a translation by NHK television.

There's live video at this link, also.

The footage being shown was taken by helicopter 30km away.

And silence from the White House makes me a little nervous too. Fact is: no one knows what the results from 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or, God forbid, 6 reactors spewing radiation will be. I am not a panic-type person, but I do like to be prepared as much as possible. Personally, my gov't does not inspire confidence. sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman