Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/16_25.html

TEPCO releases photo of No.4 reactor

It shows that a large portion of the building's outer wall has collapsed.

The company produced the photo at a news conference on Wednesday.

The photo, shot the day before from the northwestern side of the reactor, shows that a large portion of the building's outer wall has collapsed. There is an 8-meter hole on the 4th floor, and the interior is visible.

It's not pretty :(

Mel

Anderson's tweet four minutes ago.

It's not clear how many workers evacuated plant, and it's not clear how long for.

Then he tweeted that he's boarding a plane for Tokyo. That tells me a lot about the state of things over there.

The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC that some of you are watching now, is a REPEAT of an earlier show from tonight.

Several sources reported that the workers went back in.
so nobody is live right now. hhhmmmmm - that is interesting seeing as how both FOX and CNN the past few nights have been live at this time (after all it is daytime over there right now).

Remaining plant workers are at risk

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703566504576202973065754088.html

Excerpt:
Concerns over reported spikes in radiation emission at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan led its operator Tuesday to evacuate all nonindispensable staff and closely monitor the health of the remaining 50 who are fighting to keep the plant's reactors cooled down manually.

On Wednesday morning those workers were temporarily moved to safer locations when radiation levels began rising sharply. But by 11:30 a.m. the workers were back on the job, the government's nuclear safety agency said.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/16_25.html

TEPCO releases photo of No.4 reactor

It shows that a large portion of the building's outer wall has collapsed.

The company produced the photo at a news conference on Wednesday.

The photo, shot the day before from the northwestern side of the reactor, shows that a large portion of the building's outer wall has collapsed. There is an 8-meter hole on the 4th floor, and the interior is visible.

It's not pretty :(

Mel
The rolling banner at the top of this link has a statement that the Japanese government has revised upwards the level of radiation that is considered ok for the workers to stay by 2.5 times. I tried to get it copied but couldn't do it - so I'm not exact. Basically it was saying that the gov't upped the amount of radiation allowed for workers to stay - bet they ain't too happy about it.

Personally, someone is lying. That's my opinion. I do believe that the plants are unmanned, and I find it odd that we haven't heard anything about those firefighters that were supposedly on site earlier being ordered to evacuate. I don't think there was anyone there of that nature to evacuate and that was said to keep the people calm, the same as it is being said that the workers are going back in to keep people calm.

The lack of live news says a lot. This is a lot bigger than we think, and think how much we here know, as compared to the average joe on the street that maybe reads the local paper or watches HLN for 20 minutes a day...

I can undersatnd keeping the Japanese people in the dark. I don't support it, but that's their government. But if ours is working with them to keep things quiet...they are trying to stave off panic here, and that means that there is a chance of us learning something that could panic us.

Or, second possibility, the radiation over there is so strong that it has knocked out communication.

I still believe that when and if this ends, Chernobyl will look like the reactor simply sneezed a little.

I just saw a scrolling headline on Foxnews.com that said there was a recent but brief surge in radiation levels. Okay. To me, that means some sort of explosion or something? Or the collapse of the wall and alot leaking out? Rises and falls? So if the radiation levels fell around the plant, that means - it dissipated into the surrounding area, I'm assuming?

Ugh.

The rolling banner at the top of this link has a statement that the Japanese government has revised upwards the level of radiation that is considered ok for the workers to stay by 2.5 times. I tried to get it copied but couldn't do it - so I'm not exact. Basically it was saying that the gov't upped the amount of radiation allowed for workers to stay - bet they ain't too happy about it.

I saw that too. So, if Japan changes the safety level of radiation exposure, does that make it so? Heck, why don't they just say 10.5 times?

:banghead:

Mel

Holy moly... That doesn't sound good at all. :no:

Yup, if there is anyone in there (which I doubt) I bet if they listen they will hear the dome slamming shut over them. In other words, thank you for your service and sacrifice gentlemen.

I personally think a large amount of radiation has already leaked out. More than we will know about till the illnesses start- Then I suspect that will be covered up too.

That's kind of like saying, "Up until today, we believed, due to the sacrifice of many lives and after many many years of scientific study that x amount of radiation would sicken you and y amount would kill you. But today, we need you to be superhuman, therefore we, as the government are suspending the laws of nature and disregarding all that research, in order to tell you that now y amount of radiation will sicken you, x amount does not do anything at all and you won't die from this, because we said so."

Really? WTF???

Yup, if there is anyone in there (which I doubt) I bet if they listen they will hear the dome slamming shut over them. In other words, thank you for your service and sacrifice gentlemen.

Unfortunately they may already have died.

Japan plans to bulldoze access route to damaged nuclear plant

http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFTKB00736920110316

Sorry - quoting this post again. But it really speaks volumes. So, they expect us to believe, "Okay, folks. Slightly higher radiation levels. Not a huge threat. Don't worry. In the meantime we're just gonna pull all workers away. Oh, yeah, and bulldoze the access road." But it's not dangerous?!? You don't just bulldoze an access road for the heck of it. They REALLY don't want anyone getting near there. JMHO

I guess the fight is going to be aerial? They need to start dropping cement, imo.

Sorry - quoting this post again. But it really speaks volumes. So, they expect us to believe, "Okay, folks. Slightly higher radiation levels. Not a huge threat. Don't worry. In the meantime we're just gonna pull all workers away. Oh, yeah, and bulldoze the access road." But it's not dangerous?!? You don't just bulldoze an access road for the heck of it. They REALLY don't want anyone getting near there. JMHO

Belimom, I think one could read it so that they are going to bulldoze/create a new access road for firetrucks...but I don't know. I first thought that it was to create another way *in*, but your read makes sense, too.

Dunno. All I know, is that I'm praying hard for everyone...all over the world. God be with each and everyone.

Best-
Herding Cats

I think they mean they are bulldozing an access road to get TO the plant. So much debris to be cleared away for emergency vehicles to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman